Orange rip off? :(

Guest Susuwub

Guest Tony Mc

I think i lucked out....

I called Orange telling them I was planning on leaving to get an iPhone.... shock horror.

I am currently on £45 a month for 1300mins, unlimited text, insurance and data (not much but i can bulk this up.

they offered me the phone for free with the above contract (18 month) for £10 a month.

Real pleased with this offer, phone arrives tomorrow.

I joined this site when the Orange smart phone v1 was out, can't even remember what it was called but man, it was WAY ahead of its time but not up to the spec!

Guest 10tengu10
I think i lucked out....

I called Orange telling them I was planning on leaving to get an iPhone.... shock horror.

I am currently on £45 a month for 1300mins, unlimited text, insurance and data (not much but i can bulk this up.

they offered me the phone for free with the above contract (18 month) for £10 a month.

Real pleased with this offer, phone arrives tomorrow.

I joined this site when the Orange smart phone v1 was out, can't even remember what it was called but man, it was WAY ahead of its time but not up to the spec!

When did your contract end?

my contact would have ended on the 10th of Feb.

I have been on a sim only option £15.00 per month with free 250Mb data... sadly after buying the Diamond sim free i do not have £500.00 to spare so i have got the phone for free on a £40.00 per month with 500Gb :) data...

If i tried to save up whist running my normal contract i would have had to wait 10-12 months.. this way i am using up the contract and the money i have saved i can use if i need to change at a later date... i now have my diamond to sell so it looks like ebay here i go.

I can say Orange do not do themselves any favors as i rang today to get the offer discussed only on Tuesday, the guys said he could not offer any such offer and then said he would get the girl who had arranged to send my pac code out to phone me. She did and i got the offer discussed.... why is it one person can help and then other people are unwilling????

Well i am now with them for 18 more months

Guest noddycat

What does everyone reckon about this upgrade offer from Orange for a Touch HD - and could I do a lot better? £30 a month for 700 mins any network, 200 texts, unlimited landline calls, 500MB data, and the Touch HD would be about £150 with £100 of that credited to my account, so the true cost for the phone would be about £50, on an 18-month contract.

This deal was on offer via the normal 'upgrade' department and I haven't approached retentions yet - I'm hoping I can get a beter deal if I do. I've been with orange for yonks - 15 years or something - and am currently out of contract and paying about £35 for a rubbish deal with only 4MB of data and haven't upgraded my phone for a long time. Are there any good deals out there on Orange or on other operators that I can use to barter with Orange and get a bit of leverage? I'm happy to leave Orange if needed. I've heard saying you're off to 02 to get an iphone can get good results... grateful for your opinions.

Guest guido45
Just to set the record straight. In July Orange offered free on £35.00 and above price plans a 500mb FUP data bundle. It was put in to the archives at the end of July. This ment that it could still be added but the CSR had to know what to look for as it was hidden away from the current bundles. This offer was fully withdrawn at the beginning of December. From January this year Orange launched their new Panther price plans and replaced the 250mb limit with a 500mb one. If you were taking out a new contract or upgrading to a lower price plan you could have this bundle for a extra £5.00pm. If you wanted a data plan while you were in contract you should only be offered the 250mb data bundle. However I have posted on quite a few sites and the feedback has been that some CSR are happy to add this bundle on to your account anyway. Like many things it depends if the csr is happy to bend the rules. So some of you may be offered 250mb and some may be offered 500mb.

You can combine data bundles as well. I recently talk out a second contact with Orange. It was on the Dolphin 40 which came with unlimited evening and weekend browsing on top of this I managed to get the 500mb data bundle added and on top of that I also managed to add the 250mb data bundle as well. So there are options if you are a large data user.

I can confirm the 500Mb data bundle is available for just under £5 a month - rang up this lunchtime and just asked for the "500meg internet bolt-on" and got it straight away - the price is now at 15% VAT so a bit cheaper. I'm on the Raccoon 25 plan.

Guest bigdish

Well I got a good deal 4 days ago.

Long story :-

I complained back in November that my service plan upgraded online from Racoon 20 to Racoon 25 had not been implemented. OCS said I should have done it on the phone - even when there was a clear option to do it online. I rang again and was put through to a very helpful guy who apologized and gave me an extra 200 mins a month for six months.

My contract was ending in April 2009 and noticed I could upgrade my phone earlier on January 12th.

Went online and they wanted 199.00 for the Touch HD. :)

Phoned OCS and explained that I would like the Touch HD but not at that price. I also mentioned at that point that I was using a T-Mobile sim for web access because the Orange data charges/bundles were not competitive. She said she would put me through to a guy who could offer me a good deal.

The deal was indeed good.

48.50 for the Touch HD - credited back on the next bill/bills.

700 mins - 100 texts - unlimited anytime landline - 500mb data AND a reduction in my tariff to 20.00 a month :D

Thanked him for his help and agreed.

My online bundle is now :-

"Your current service plan : racoon - Racoon 30

Your current bundles are shown below :

3G USIM provisioned

30 Mins Video Calling Try

200 extra minutes 6 month

200 Minutes Loyalty Reward 18

5.00 Loyalty Reward

Unlimited Mobile Internet 18m"

Phone arrived next day and I am very happy.

Guest old bill
Well I got a good deal 4 days ago.

Long story :-

I complained back in November that my service plan upgraded online from Racoon 20 to Racoon 25 had not been implemented. OCS said I should have done it on the phone - even when there was a clear option to do it online. I rang again and was put through to a very helpful guy who apologized and gave me an extra 200 mins a month for six months.

My contract was ending in April 2009 and noticed I could upgrade my phone earlier on January 12th.

Went online and they wanted 199.00 for the Touch HD. :)

Phoned OCS and explained that I would like the Touch HD but not at that price. I also mentioned at that point that I was using a T-Mobile sim for web access because the Orange data charges/bundles were not competitive. She said she would put me through to a guy who could offer me a good deal.

700 mins - 100 texts - unlimited anytime landline - 500mb data AND a reduction in my tariff to 20.00 a month :D

Thanked him for his help and agreed.

My online bundle is now :-

"Your current service plan : racoon - Racoon 30

3G USIM provisioned

200 extra minutes 6 month

200 Minutes Loyalty Reward 18

5.00 Loyalty Reward

Unlimited Mobile Internet 18m"

Phone arrived next day and I am very happy.

You have one of the very rare unlimited data bundles. It has a FUP of 500mb but you can go over it. My wife who has the same bundle used 1 gig last month with no problems. The way to tell the difference on your account is shown below. I have just taken out a second contract with Orange and have the 500mb only data bundle. It is shown below.

Your current service plan : dolphin - Dolphin 40

OW Daily Capped Usage

No Care Allowed

3G USIM provisioned

Video Calling Promotion 60

500MB Mobile Internet

SINGLE 250MB OBS DATA BUNDLE

My wifes unlimited bundle is the same as yours.

Your current service plan : dolphin - Dolphin 25

3G USIM provisioned

Video Calling Promotion 60

Unlimited Mobile Internet 18m

10.00 Loyalty Reward

Guest noddycat

bigdish that sounds like a cracking deal - exactly what I'm after - did you have to do anything special with Orange CS or go through retentions and use the threat of leaving and demanding your PAC? I think the deal they offered me was distinctly mediocre, so I'm keen to do something similar to you.

Guest bigdish
bigdish that sounds like a cracking deal - exactly what I'm after - did you have to do anything special with Orange CS or go through retentions and use the threat of leaving and demanding your PAC? I think the deal they offered me was distinctly mediocre, so I'm keen to do something similar to you.

Not really I guess my account was flagged with my previous complaint.

The loyalty discount of 5.00 was added - old bill's wife got 10.00.

My approach was to first question the cost of the handset - (I did mention I could get the handset free on Beepy) then I mentioned that I used a T-Mobile sim for internet.

What I was offered surprised me !

As said in my previous post she passed me to another guy to get the deal - so be friendly with the first contact and appear unhappy with what is being offered.

Good luck !

r

Andrew

Guest 10tengu10

700 mins - 100 texts - unlimited anytime landline - 500mb data AND a reduction in my tariff to 20.00 a month :)

The deals are out there!

After 5(!) calls and 1 week and a PAC sent I managed:

Raccoon 35 (700mins/100 texts) discounted to £30 /month

Free unlimited landlines

Free internet (500Mb)

Free Orange care

and most importantly a free Touch HD :D

Can't stress how important it is to keep calling back until you get an acceptable deal!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest afhstingray

just called orange twice, people on the phone were very unhelpful... im currently on 300mins and 150 txts a month, 12 mnth contract which just ended and i got a free touch dual

they cant offer me anything better! this is silly....this month i spent 40 quid on my bill, last month 55, the previous month 120, and the month before that 55....

apparently im a band 5...this is really annoying...the thing is i need a 12 month contract, and they seem like they dont want my business because of that even though i've been with orange since 2003 lol..

im kind of surprised because this is the first time i've had trouble like this with orange! and the last time i upgraded a year ago i was a band 4, not a band 5!!

shouldnt they be trying to do whatever they can to keep me lol...

Edited by afhstingray

Guest storm750

I've been with Orange for years and on Dolphin 35 discounted due to loyalty scheme and was due for renewal this month... went into shop to see the blackstone, liked it and asked about upgrade.... current tarrif would be £195 for 18month contract... £7.50 for the data world on top.. i moaned and guy said to ring up orange.

I rang them and also looked at the net... new customers are offered this phone for free on a 24month contract... i explained i wanted to upgrade but didn't see why i should pay when new customers get it for free ... i was put through to retentions.

I had to pay £195 up front but got a £200 credit on my account. I also got 2months free unlimited evenings/weekend data.

the moral of the story is to ring and bitch about it saying you'll take your business elsewhere... like O2 for the iphone (yeah right!!).

Guest afhstingray

i called them again, they say its one of two handsets they dont give for free, even on 18 month contracts. how did you guys manage to get line credit back?

they offered me the internet and 700mins/100txts @ 30 quid a month....but i'd still have to pay 48.50 for the phone, they seem unwilling to budge!

Guest blackhorse
i called them again, they say its one of two handsets they dont give for free, even on 18 month contracts. how did you guys manage to get line credit back?

they offered me the internet and 700mins/100txts @ 30 quid a month....but i'd still have to pay 48.50 for the phone, they seem unwilling to budge!

You sure you were speaking to rettentions??!

700mins 100 texts and unlimted landline calls is a standard tariff that upgrades use for £30 (this department are not able to negotiate, where as rettentions can)

Guest afhstingray

yea i was....they basically said they cant do more than that :|

will try again today. i suppose it does somewhat make sense...the phone is selling for about 500 quid, 12 months at 30 pounds a month plus 48 pounds charge for the phone......

still sounds like a good deal once you do the math lol...

Guest afhstingray

ok happy ending :)

called today morning, very very nice and helpful lady gave me 350mins, 80 texts, and insurance for 26 pounds a month, 12 month contract, 48.50 for the touch dual with a 50 pound credit on my account making the phone free!!

woohooo!

im glad i got such a good deal on a 12 month contract

now i cant wait for my phone to arrive tomorrow!

Edited by afhstingray

Guest EarlEDawes

My contract's up on the 24th Feb 2009.... not long to go woohoo!

I tried talking to Orange "loyalty" today (only made the one call) and the guy said the Touch HD handset is £295. I told him I wanted to disconnect cause I had LOADS of probs last time with an Orange upgrade (true - the guy doing the deal was a moron and told me loads of wrong info and did things wrongly etc) and the handset was free on other tariffs (which is def true).

First I was offered the 500mb for £5. I said this was poor. After 5 mins the best I was offered was a Panther tariff for £35, 850 mins, 500 texts and 500mb a month and a £250 points/pounds airtime credit, but the handset would still be £295, and I would have to wait till I was fully out of contract.

I thought I would get better with being a month away from my contract expiry. What should I do?? I want to keep my number so I'll be needing a PAC code to go over to o2, or a good deal from Orange.

I was on Dolphin 35 / 18 month. In the last 12 months my bills have been about £35-£40 and I dropped down to Dolphin 30 cause I have been using less minutes, so I'm not a heavy user, but I always pay the bills on time and have been with orange pay monthly since 2002.

I want: at least 400 mins, at least 700 text, free Touch HD, and unlimited data for £35 or less.... I'm sure it can be done given what I've read on here...

What should I do?? I want the touch HD asap!!! hehe! THANKS :)

Guest matthew1471

Definitely wait until you're out of contract.

See my post here http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=findpost&pid=954827

My contract's up on the 24th Feb 2009.... not long to go woohoo!

I tried talking to Orange "loyalty" today (only made the one call) and the guy said the Touch HD handset is £295. I told him I wanted to disconnect cause I had LOADS of probs last time with an Orange upgrade (true - the guy doing the deal was a moron and told me loads of wrong info and did things wrongly etc) and the handset was free on other tariffs (which is def true).

First I was offered the 500mb for £5. I said this was poor. After 5 mins the best I was offered was a Panther tariff for £35, 850 mins, 500 texts and 500mb a month and a £250 points/pounds airtime credit, but the handset would still be £295, and I would have to wait till I was fully out of contract.

I thought I would get better with being a month away from my contract expiry. What should I do?? I want to keep my number so I'll be needing a PAC code to go over to o2, or a good deal from Orange.

I was on Dolphin 35 / 18 month. In the last 12 months my bills have been about £35-£40 and I dropped down to Dolphin 30 cause I have been using less minutes, so I'm not a heavy user, but I always pay the bills on time and have been with orange pay monthly since 2002.

I want: at least 400 mins, at least 700 text, free Touch HD, and unlimited data for £35 or less.... I'm sure it can be done given what I've read on here...

What should I do?? I want the touch HD asap!!! hehe! THANKS :)

Guest Dark Horse

I'm not the biggest fan of Orange, I think most of their tariffs and phones tend to lag behind the competition but credit where credit's due, I upgraded one of our ancient Everyday 50 tariffs just last week and the Orange CS was extremely helpful in giving us what we wanted:

Free BlackBerry 8320

Unlimited BlackBerry Email

Unlimited Internet

Unlimited anytime landline calls

300 anytime anynetwork minutes

100 texts

£15 per month on an 18 month contract

Was also offered the same deal above for £20 per month with 500 minutes but didn't need the extra airtime. The real attraction was the free BlackBerry 8320 (the last decent handset they did) with unlimited BlackBerry email and Internet as they usually charge £15 per month just for this alone.

I reckon Orange have made a real effort to improve their CS of late and bar the odd call that gets through to the cretins in Bangalore, I think they should be commended for this.

Edited by Dark Horse

Guest afhstingray
I'm not the biggest fan of Orange, I think most of their tariffs and phones tend to lag behind the competition but credit where credit's due, I upgraded one of our ancient Everyday 50 tariffs just last week and the Orange CS was extremely helpful in giving us what we wanted:

Free BlackBerry 8320

Unlimited BlackBerry Email

Unlimited Internet

Unlimited anytime landline calls

300 anytime anynetwork minutes

100 texts

£15 per month on an 18 month contract

Was also offered the same deal above for £20 per month with 500 minutes but didn't need the extra airtime. The real attraction was the free BlackBerry 8320 (the last decent handset they did) with unlimited BlackBerry email and Internet as they usually charge £15 per month just for this alone.

I reckon Orange have made a real effort to improve their CS of late and bar the odd call that gets through to the cretins in Bangalore, I think they should be commended for this.

call orange once ur out of contract, bargain a bit, get them to save what they offered you. then call back in a day or two and say you want the pac code. bargain a bit more, if u get what u want, take it, if not let them send you the pac code. in the letter it will ask you to call orange, please dont leave bla bla bla....

when u call back this time you'll get much better help. thats how i got the deal i wanted, and more really!!

Guest Dark Horse
call orange once ur out of contract, bargain a bit, get them to save what they offered you. then call back in a day or two and say you want the pac code. bargain a bit more, if u get what u want, take it, if not let them send you the pac code. in the letter it will ask you to call orange, please dont leave bla bla bla....

when u call back this time you'll get much better help. thats how i got the deal i wanted, and more really!!

Yep, agreed, it's all about asking for the PAC code, the first deal they were offering wasn't very good at all but the Orange CS did better it immediately there and then so credit to them for that.

Another tip would be to call just before month end when they have sales taregts to meet and are more likely to do you a better deal.

Guest EarlEDawes
Yep, agreed, it's all about asking for the PAC code, the first deal they were offering wasn't very good at all but the Orange CS did better it immediately there and then so credit to them for that.

Another tip would be to call just before month end when they have sales taregts to meet and are more likely to do you a better deal.

Thanks for these tips guys. The PAC code thing sounds like the key to my unlimited data?? I really do have a real list I can rattle of of things that went wrong with my orange upgrade last time up my sleeve too.

Only a few weeks to go now...wooo!!

One more thing - Is it definitely the end of the month when their sales targets come in? and are there any threads about disconnections I should read that you know of?

CHEERS!