Max Dynamic Manila2d Theme

Guest maxycy

There are questions regarding how to setup the customized items on the internet tab for M2D. I'd written this on an earlier post but apparently, it is not clear enough. So, here's another go at this.

1. Go to "HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2d\InternetWidget\Customized", look for value "Customized Count".

registry1.jpgregistry2.jpg

2. Enter the number of tabs that you want to create. ( for eg, I enter "2" )

3. After a refresh, you can new folders created starting from "0". In my case, 2 folders "0" and "1"

4. Next you have to enter new strings. (for eg, my skype tab)

a. NoDescription = 1

b. CustomizedURL = "my storage\program files\skype\skype.exe"

c. CustomizedTitle = "Skype"

d. CustomizedIcon = "my storage\program files\skype\skype.bmp"

e. CustomizedDescription = NULL

registry3.jpg

5. Repeat for the next folder

You can use the attached icons. Make sure that they are of the same pixel size ( 32x32 )

Icons.rar

Guest 3shirts

I've been tinkering a little and modded the black and white theme to a Nissan one which, if I say so myself, looks pretty slick :rolleyes:

I just added a Nissan logo PNG over the existing clock but I think it works quite well:

post-424939-1229937750_thumb.jpg

I also made a darkened version for the PM screen:

post-424939-1229937754_thumb.jpg

Credit to maxycy and MobileMatt for the theme, all I've done is tweak the two home screens.

Nissan_BlackWhite.zip

Edited by 3shirts

I've been tinkering a little and modded the black and white theme to a Nissan one which, if I say so myself, looks pretty slick :rolleyes:

Credit to maxycy and MobileMatt for the theme, all I've done is tweak the two home screens.

Looks good....... :)

This is my final theme for the omnia as I will be packing this up later today as a Christmas present for my wife. Hope she likes it. :rolleyes: .

Final1.jpgFinal2.jpgFinal3.jpg Final4.jpg

Now available for download below... :)

Final_Theme.zip

Edited by maxycy

Guest shah hossain
Merry Christmas to all and a Christmas present above..... :rolleyes:

Hi maxycy.

Thank you so much for your contributions.

i just got an OMNIA before 3 days.

your themes are really cool and i downloaded everyone of them but i dont know

how to install them on the omnia because of MANILA2D matter.

what is manila2d after all?

what is a shell?

do u mean i have to install manila2d before i could install yours cool themes?

please help.

shahoo

Hi maxycy.

Thank you so much for your contributions.

i just got an OMNIA before 3 days.

your themes are really cool and i downloaded everyone of them but i dont know

how to install them on the omnia because of MANILA2D matter.

what is manila2d after all?

what is a shell?

do u mean i have to install manila2d before i could install yours cool themes?

please help.

shahoo

Welcome to the world of Omnia mania ( or I call it addiction ) :)

Yes you will need M2D installed before you can use these themes. Manila2D also known as TouchFLO is a standard UI use in HTC handsets. They have now been ported and made compatible for majority of other handsets. There's an article here in the forum where you can find the details on how to install one or just burn in a custom ROM which alread has the M2D built in. Have fun!!

Thanks Maxycy, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year all of Modaco's Members here.

Glad to see another 908 user here. :rolleyes:

Guest amuthanr
Question to the other of this Manila skin :

I have tried to change the default contact app by changing registry value :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCONTACTS

from what was there to ==> "\Program Files\icontact\icontact.exe" but still the Samsung PhoneBook launches...

I have tried also to change it to default Office Contacts but always the samsung phonebook shows when the "All People" softkey is pressed.

Please anyhelp? I am banging my head on this one !!

Thanks

Hi LGDP,

I am not sure if u already fixed this issue.. just read ur post and here is my suggestion.

Your registry settings path was correct.. All u have to do is just copy the complete contents of icontact folder to \windows.

Now in ur regsitry settings change as below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\Windows\icontact.exe

This works perfect for me. Now the default contact is icontact for me..

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Amuthan

Guest amuthanr

Hi,

Need help please.. I tried to replace the files from \windows with the theme files attached in post 1. But i am getting a write protected message.

Do I have to remove the read only attribute from the files in \windows? any help is greatly appreciated..

Thanks,

Amuthan

Oops... sorry guys.. just figured out that i need to use active sync.. sorry for that dumb question.

By the way, this is a gr8 forum guys..

Keep up the gud job.

Cheers,

Amuthan

Edited by amuthanr

Guest sbb3nn0da

Thanks for your sharing, but I think you need to show more details for each steps,some steps that need to have a hard reset, but you don't tell us. For this reason, they don't work and take a lot time.

Anyways, thanks for your sharing. nice work! :rolleyes: :) :( :(

Guest maxycy
Where Can I download it

Many Thanks

Thought nobody interested..... :)

I'll upload this in a couple of days as I'm currently on holiday and does not have access to my comp. :(

Thanks for your sharing, but I think you need to show more details for each steps,some steps that need to have a hard reset, but you don't tell us. For this reason, they don't work and take a lot time.

Hmm....there's no hard reset requires for changing a M2D theme. You can use M2DC to do that or directly overwrite the files in windows and then re-check M2D in today screen. Anyway, pls specify what you are looking for. I can share a bit of my experiences as I had done many hard resets before (screwed my registry many times) and there is absolutely nothing to be afraid of as long as you have proper backups. :(

Can you use this with SPB mobile shell as it replaces the Today Screen only?

Yes, I believe you can as SPB mobile is just a shell. You can't have other today plugins with M2D. :rolleyes:

Guest maxycy

Woah....almost can't find my own thread here after a couple of days... :rolleyes:

Here's the download for the candle theme as requested.

candle1.jpgcandle2.jpgcandle3.jpgcandle5.jpg

This could be my last theme for Omnia as I had already given the phone to my wife as a present and she's not sharing it wt me. :)

However, if there's any requests or help needed, pls feel free to put it up here. I will try to accomodate when possible.

Candle_Theme.zip

Guest hilljens
Woah....almost can't find my own thread here after a couple of days... :rolleyes:

Here's the download for the candle theme as requested.

candle1.jpgcandle2.jpgcandle3.jpgcandle5.jpg

This could be my last theme for Omnia as I had already given the phone to my wife as a present and she's not sharing it wt me. :)

However, if there's any requests or help needed, pls feel free to put it up here. I will try to accomodate when possible.

I would very much like to see a Mercedes Benz theme in all black with the Mercedes star as a centerized analog clock.

Can you make that? Just now I have the traditional Manilla2D/TouchFlo theme on my Omnia. See atttached picture.

post-432740-1231323756_thumb.jpg

Guest 3shirts
I would very much like to see a Mercedes Benz theme in all black with the Mercedes star as a centerized analog clock.

Can you make that?

Do you mean similar to the Nissan one I did above? If you can find me a transparent PNG of the Merc logo I'll have a bash

Guest hilljens
Do you mean similar to the Nissan one I did above? If you can find me a transparent PNG of the Merc logo I'll have a bash

Yes, that's what i wish, but not with the white color at the bottom. I will search for a transparent Mercedes star, and give you a hint

when I found it. Should'nt be to difficult to find. Thanks!

Guest hilljens
Yes, that's what i wish, but not with the white color at the bottom. I will search for a transparent Mercedes star, and give you a hint

For 3shirts:

May be you can use this. I also attach my Homesettings file, because the only thing I would like to have is your digital clock at the top and the analog clock in the MB star just beneath.

post-432740-1231335261_thumb.png

HTCHomeSettings.xml

Edited by hilljens

Guest maxycy

The top and bottom bars color cannot be changed through the manila theme. You will need to have proper *.tsk theme or some special configuration program to do that. I have attached the original black theme which will give you black at both top and bottom bars. Just save it anywhere on the phone. Open up your today screen in settings and select the theme.

As for the mercedes clock, I'll let 3shirts have a go for it. :)

Where can I DL Manila_Lanscape_Fix.mscr file?

It's on the 2nd post of this thread.... :rolleyes:

DiamondQVGA.zip