Max Dynamic Manila2d Theme

Guest maxycy

Guest Spricar
The top and bottom bars color cannot be changed through the manila theme. You will need to have proper *.tsk theme or some special configuration program to do that. I have attached the original black theme which will give you black at both top and bottom bars. Just save it anywhere on the phone. Open up your today screen in settings and select the theme.

As for the mercedes clock, I'll let 3shirts have a go for it. :)

It's on the 2nd post of this thread.... :rolleyes:

Hm, I don't get it, I searched the whole first page for Manila2D_Landscape_Fix.mscr and didn't find it...

edit: sorry, found it in that alarm.rar file. Thanks!

Edited by Spricar

Guest hilljens
The top and bottom bars color cannot be changed through the manila theme. You will need to have proper *.tsk theme or some special configuration program to do that. I have attached the original black theme which will give you black at both top and bottom bars. Just save it anywhere on the phone. Open up your today screen in settings and select the theme.

As for the mercedes clock, I'll let 3shirts have a go for it. :)

It's on the 2nd post of this thread.... :rolleyes:

Thanks maxycy, now it's black!

post-432740-1231348024_thumb.png

Edited by hilljens

Guest chungsm
Woah....almost can't find my own thread here after a couple of days... :rolleyes:

Here's the download for the candle theme as requested.

candle1.jpgcandle2.jpgcandle3.jpgcandle5.jpg

This could be my last theme for Omnia as I had already given the phone to my wife as a present and she's not sharing it wt me. :)

However, if there's any requests or help needed, pls feel free to put it up here. I will try to accomodate when possible.

THANKS MAXYCY

Guest Spricar

I followed your instructions for samsung widget landscape mode, created shortcut and so on, but I can't select Samsung widget on my today screen, that selection is not there. Any advice? I'm using Manila 2D BTWž

thanks!

Guest maxycy
I followed your instructions for samsung widget landscape mode, created shortcut and so on, but I can't select Samsung widget on my today screen, that selection is not there. Any advice? I'm using Manila 2D BTWž

thanks!

M2D only works alone on the Today screen. If you chk it, then all other today plugins cannot be checked at the same time. If you want to have samsung widget working at the same time, you will first need to uncheck M2D. Then, install samsung widget. You should be able to find a lot of cabs on this forum for widget. After you had installed widget, check it on the today screen. Then, run M2D from windows. If you follow the complete setup as in my post 2, there's a mortscript at startup which will automatically starts your M2D fm windows.

Let me know if you still have problem. :rolleyes:

Guest hilljens
Thanks maxycy, now it's black!

Maxycy!

I would like to move the three lines under the digital clock 10-20 mm further down. What do I have to change in the xml-file?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
3. Dynamic Nature Theme

**Note**

For Dual Clock Theme, pls set your regional time setting to AM/PM mode for it to work properly. ( Either h:mm:ss or hh:mm:ss should work )

------------------------------------

#3. Dynamic Nature Theme

This theme utilizes the AM/PM concept to change the background from day to night. The icons has been changed to blue to fit the theme. As I put this up very quickly, pls let me know if I missed any files. :)

nature1.jpgnature2.jpgnature3.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------

How can i install this great skin?????

i have the folder with the pics.

Please HELP

Guest jclarkk
How can i install this great skin?????

i have the folder with the pics.

Please HELP

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=427392

Download and install from there M2DC and then copy the zip file of the skin into any folder in your device

You will see in the first screen that opens the "Theme" tab, add the skin by pressing the button there and search for the zip then do apply and thats it!

You have Manila 2D installed right?

I made my own theme (using bits and pieces from maxycy's theme). It's for the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey team. I don't know how to upload a screen shot, but if anyone would like it, I could e-mail it to you... or if someone wants to have me e-mail it to them and you can post a screenshot up here and put the files somewhere, that'd be even better.

Guest dwallersv

maxycy -- this stuff is so cool, especially the clock changing versions. I love it!

As a software hack, my chief interest is, how do you do this? I.e., cause the clocks and backgrounds to change?

I've looked through HTCHomeSettings.xml and can't find anything obvious. Could you either give a quick explanation and pointer to where/how you implement these dynamics, or if there is a full explanation over on xda-developers or somewhere, a pointer?

I'd like to play with this myself.

Thanks!

Dave

maxycy -- this stuff is so cool, especially the clock changing versions. I love it!

As a software hack, my chief interest is, how do you do this? I.e., cause the clocks and backgrounds to change?

I've looked through HTCHomeSettings.xml and can't find anything obvious. Could you either give a quick explanation and pointer to where/how you implement these dynamics, or if there is a full explanation over on xda-developers or somewhere, a pointer?

I'd like to play with this myself.

Thanks!

Dave

No rocket science here. I did not change anything on the XML settings. By default, M2D change images over time. So, by using some creative artwork, you can make the theme dynamic. There are a couple of ways of doing it. I will give some clear instructions later on as I'm currently busy playing wt my new phone. ;)

Yes....after being tortured for more than 3 weeks, I finally went and bought a new WinMo phone. I'm now a proud owner of the Touch HD. :D

First thing I did was to change the theme and to my shock, TF3D themes are totally wicked. It's a complete different animal altogether as compared to M2D. However, after fiddling around for a couple of days, I've recognized that M2D has more flexibility whereas TF3D is more protected and tedious to do. :) Still, I plan to come out wt a few new themes soon.

Here's a preview of my first TF3D theme which I will make available over at the Blackstone forum after a few more tweaks later on. If Omnia owners are interested, I will convert this over for M2D later.

TouchHD003.jpgTouchHD001.jpgTouchHD002.jpg

Also, I apologize for the missing pictures. Never in my imagination did I anticipate such reception. I've chked my photobucket account and it has exceeded the 25Gb bandwidth limit wt more than 370k hits in less than a month. I have now temporary created a new photobucket account until this one resets end of this month. :)

hope you continue to release theme for Omnia... .. one question.. Touch HD. worth the replacement ?

I will as long as there are interests.... :)

As for Touch HD......without starting any war here, I'll just list out the major pros and cons.

Pros

a. Big screen

b. iPhone like sensitivity

Cons

a. Shorter battery life

b. Not so many WVGA softwares out today

In summary, if you want a phone where you want to build or custom the programs from scratch, then Omnia will be right for you especially when there are so many custom ROMs available now. Touch HD on the other hand offers an out of the box readiness. I've not even look at any custom ROM till now cos I've added practically almost everything on top of what's available and I'm pretty much satisfied wt it for now. :D

Guest shingyeah
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=427392

Download and install from there M2DC and then copy the zip file of the skin into any folder in your device

You will see in the first screen that opens the "Theme" tab, add the skin by pressing the button there and search for the zip then do apply and thats it!

You have Manila 2D installed right?

I tried to install the new skin in this way, but some of the icons are not changed (e.g. new Email icon under Email tab)...

Do you know the reason for this? Thanks

Had anyone notice that using Manila_Lanscape_Fix.mscr will cause a battery drain. I have a utility in the Omnia that show the CPU usage running between 50% - 75% power constantly.

Is there a fix for it?

Thanks

I tried to install the new skin in this way, but some of the icons are not changed (e.g. new Email icon under Email tab)...

Do you know the reason for this? Thanks

The guaranteed way to get everything installed properly is to directly overwrite the files. Before that you should check the HTCHomeSettings.xml and see whether the file path is in \windows or on another path. If you have difficulty wt my theme, pls send me the details and I try to look into it.

Had anyone notice that using Manila_Lanscape_Fix.mscr will cause a battery drain. I have a utility in the Omnia that show the CPU usage running between 50% - 75% power constantly.

Is there a fix for it?

You can view this also on the default task manager under CPU processes. However, during my use of this, I have not experienced any significant drainage. The simple fact is that most of the time your phone is under suspend mode and in this case, all programs running in the background will be stopped. Unless, you leave your phone ON all the while which in this case, your battery would have drain up anyway since the major drainage will come fm the backlit.

As I do not own an Omnia any longer, I will not be able to re-write the program wt .net framework. The option that you have is to have it triggered wt a button. I have a mortscript which will toggle the auto rotation and active/deactive the script by the push of a button. As I'd been using M2D for a while, I'd realised that I only use landscape mode in less than 10% of the time. It's the same case now that I have wt my Touch HD. :)

Guest shingyeah
The guaranteed way to get everything installed properly is to directly overwrite the files. Before that you should check the HTCHomeSettings.xml and see whether the file path is in \windows or on another path. If you have difficulty wt my theme, pls send me the details and I try to look into it.

You can view this also on the default task manager under CPU processes. However, during my use of this, I have not experienced any significant drainage. The simple fact is that most of the time your phone is under suspend mode and in this case, all programs running in the background will be stopped. Unless, you leave your phone ON all the while which in this case, your battery would have drain up anyway since the major drainage will come fm the backlit.

As I do not own an Omnia any longer, I will not be able to re-write the program wt .net framework. The option that you have is to have it triggered wt a button. I have a mortscript which will toggle the auto rotation and active/deactive the script by the push of a button. As I'd been using M2D for a while, I'd realised that I only use landscape mode in less than 10% of the time. It's the same case now that I have wt my Touch HD. :D

Thanks for your helps. Let me cap some screen shoot tonite for you. In fact I also tried to dump all the files from the Zip theme files to /Windows, but still no help... :)

I did not amend the HTCHomeSetting.xml... but my M2DC is install in /My Storage/Program Files/... Does it make a difference?

BTW, are you coming from Hong Kong? I am also a HongKonger~ :)

Guest shingyeah
Thanks for your helps. Let me cap some screen shoot tonite for you. In fact I also tried to dump all the files from the Zip theme files to /Windows, but still no help... :)

I did not amend the HTCHomeSetting.xml... but my M2DC is install in /My Storage/Program Files/... Does it make a difference?

BTW, are you coming from Hong Kong? I am also a HongKonger~ :D

Hey~~ Seems I have found the reason, the new email icon on the right seems missing in the zip Theme files, I tried to copy from other theme those new email images and create another zip archive and the new email icons are changed accordingly...

I believe some images are missing in Dynamic Clock theme...

i have manila 2d! i cant set the time in the AM/PM mode for get working your skins with different backgrounds....how can i set the clock like that?

i've done this -->For Dual Clock Theme, pls set your regional time setting to AM/PM mode for it to work properly. ( Either h:mm:ss or hh:mm:ss should work )

but the clock didn't change...

Edited by nic85

BTW, are you coming from Hong Kong? I am also a HongKonger~ :)

Hey~~ Seems I have found the reason, the new email icon on the right seems missing in the zip Theme files, I tried to copy from other theme those new email images and create another zip archive and the new email icons are changed accordingly...

I believe some images are missing in Dynamic Clock theme...

Shingyeah the Comic King?? :D Yes, I'm fm HongKong.

Glad you found it. Could you send me a snapshot of which icon you are talking about and on which theme is missing so that I can patch it up. Thks.

i have manila 2d! i cant set the time in the AM/PM mode for get working your skins with different backgrounds....how can i set the clock like that?

i've done this -->For Dual Clock Theme, pls set your regional time setting to AM/PM mode for it to work properly. ( Either h:mm:ss or hh:mm:ss should work )

but the clock didn't change...

Not sure what went wrong there. Can you send me a snapshot of your regional time setting and also your home screen?

Just released a theme for TF3D for my TouchHD in the blackstone forum. I'm posting some screens here and how it may look like if I convert to M2D. If there's enough interest, I'll try to convert for M2D but I would need help of somebody to test it out as I do not have an Omnia to do so.

sshot002.jpgsshot007.jpgsshot009.jpgsshot013.jpgsshot015.jpg

Guest shokka9

maxycy

I will test for you, this theme looks cool!! Any chance you could remove the thin separator lines in the different screens?

I am ROM builder, and use M2D. I currently run my own themes. But i like the look of this one. If you can provide zip file i will test, not a problem. I can also fix if it doesnt work and then post back to you??

You know where i am.

Good work dude!!

maxycy

I will test for you, this theme looks cool!! Any chance you could remove the thin separator lines in the different screens?

I am ROM builder, and use M2D. I currently run my own themes. But i like the look of this one. If you can provide zip file i will test, not a problem. I can also fix if it doesnt work and then post back to you??

You know where i am.

Good work dude!!

Cool.... :) . I'll PM you soon once I finish up the 15tabs of this TF3D theme.

BTW, which thin seperator lines are you refering to?

Guest iNicc0lo
Just released a theme for TF3D for my TouchHD in the blackstone forum. I'm posting some screens here and how it may look like if I convert to M2D. If there's enough interest, I'll try to convert for M2D but I would need help of somebody to test it out as I do not have an Omnia to do so.

sshot002.jpgsshot007.jpgsshot009.jpgsshot013.jpgsshot015.jpg

i can try if you pass mi all the image file :)