Omnia Photos

Guest daskalos

Guest dopeness

Ok, after loIF/WHEN that time comes around that Samsung does an update I hope this is addressed. oking at a lot of this photos and reading the comments it looks like, to me, the sharper pictures are from thee i900. People are talking about ROM updates and the photo quality. i910 owners can't upgrade our ROM yet (only God and Smsung know why) and I do not know what impact that this will or has had on the phone. What I want to know, as an i910 owner, to other i920 owners, is there a picture quality issue or am I nuts?!?!

Guest Maxwell Newton

Would be great if people could label their picture with where they are from, some of these are really bautiful loacations B)

cough*daskalos*cough

Max

Guest jeffrey2000
Would be great if people could label their picture with where they are from, some of these are really bautiful loacations B)

cough*daskalos*cough

Max

With the newer Google Navigator (v5.1) you can view the map and see your own pictures on the map (see pic) and also share the exact location, so you can send an email to yourself with the pic/URL location which can be handy.

27.png

Guest oogravyoo

Just tried my camera out for the first time..

Will have to mess around with all the settings..

Images are how they came out from the camera besides sizing..

omnia1.jpg

omnia2.jpg

omnia3.jpg

Guest DeepBlueEditor

Working with one of the folks from Photoshop tech support through the Mobile app forum, I was able to find out the default directories used in the Photoshop Mobile app. This allowed me to poke around the registry and with PHM Regedit I was able to adapt it for use with the Omnia i910.

I found the following key:

HKEY_Current_User/Software/Adobe/Photoshop.com Mobile/Storage_card_dirs

You can wipe out the current string if you like and I added DCIM\103SSCAM

This now points the app to look on the external storage device to the DCIM folder with the 103SSCAM sub folder. Don't forget to shut the phone down and restart it for the reg changes to take effect.

The one thing I am not sure of right now is, is this the default folder you guys see where the camera drops it's photos? I also had a 100SSCAM and a 102SSCAM folder at one time but have moved them around. Change the above string to whatever your default storage card folder is. This hack only works for the external storage card.

Again this is using the HTC Touch version of the Photoshop Mobile app beta. Be aware that if you have this app set to automatically upload a 5mp image, it's going to take a bite out of anyones metered data service. User beware. Also, if you are like me, you take a bunch of shots at one go and to have it upload 50meg of files is going to tie it up for a while.

It's a great app, free storage and accessible from online to share, edit and manipulate the images. If you like pics, this is a lot easier to use (by far) than ShoZu and similar apps. Super easy to set up too.

Google Photoshop Mobile and go from there.

Sean

Edited by DeepBlueEditor

Guest DeepBlueEditor

Of note to you guys that want specs, after examining my online photo posted earlier, this is what Adobe shows as the metadata for that image...

Camera - Samsung (no surprises there)

Camera Model - SHC-i910 (also no surprise)

ISO - 156 (what? I know it was on automatic so that's interesting)

Aperture - f 2.8

Focal Length - 4.51mm (equals tiny)

Exposure - 1/0 sec

Flash - no

You can tell a lot this way. 1 sec for exposure? Going to be hard not to get some shake in there. focal length of 4.51mm will give pretty much NO usable depth of field and f 2.8 is probably the minimum or it wouldn't have gone to a 1 sec exposure. The ISO is funny though. I guess it really doesn't have to stick to a known increment, it's electronic after all.

Sean

Guest Maxwell Newton
Just tried my camera out for the first time..

Will have to mess around with all the settings..

Images are how they came out from the camera besides sizing..

Is that a GSP? Lovely dogs, mine definately pricked his ears at the pics of your though!

Guest joža

snc00033.jpg

snc00043.jpg

snc00045.jpg

snc00049.jpg

I was really impressed by pitcure quality, never thought that omnia can do it so well B)

settings: just macro focus

IT'S SPRING IN SLOVENIA :(

Guest Shiny Zhu

Nice photos, B) I like them very much.

And how can I get my photos with 2560x1920 to 640x480? I tried editing them with Paint.NET but the EXIF were modified.

Great thanks.

post-519972-1238938548_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shiny Zhu

Guest sidfire

Hi there,

check this out.. on DXIA5 and macro shot, all else on auto:

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/sidfire/3408821458/"][img=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3662/3408821458_d823395826.jpg][/url]