CLEAN DXIA1 ROM *Updated Jan-19-2009* LuFeIg's LFI05b

Guest lufeig

Guest daicacon

Thank you lufeig. i'm using your DXHL2 revision A and so far so good except for WIFI not working when connecting via USB but it's alright. One question, how is this revision C compared to revision A in memory size?

Guest buyaoxiao

Hi LuFeIg,

I know i've requested this quite a number of times on your thread, but we in china can't access mediafire.

Best link for us is rapidshare. I know you are busy and going to get more busy with your work.

Could you authorise someone to mirror the ROM and upload on rapidshare?

rdgs

Guest q_ware

please forgive me for being a newbie in using backup software..

I'm using DXHL2 revision 'A' and would like to upgrade to revision 'C'

should I just install SPB Backup and do a 'customize backup' with everything checked EXCEPT 'my storage' and 'bluetooth ftp'?

or do I have to uncheck other stuff as well?

thx!

Edited by q_ware

Guest helladios

Happy New year to all!

Only one thing I want to say: I tried all ROMs offered here on Modaco (as I said before). The only ROMs where my service-provider configuration works (SMS, MMS, Internet) without any intervention from me whatsoever, are, for a reason unknown to me, lufeig's ROMs. Otherwise, I had to add manually certain parameters. I do not know what is the difference between this one and other ROMs, but I feel I have to say it and also, once more, thank you.

So, if you have some problems, thay are more likely your problems, and not from these ROMs. Please, remember to hard-reset (twice is better) after installing any ROM.

Edited by helladios

Guest longdi
LuFeIg,I like your rom's but I cannot connect my Omnia to internet:/can you help me?

Hi Sardor,

I have the same problem as you. The solution is to restore comm manager registry from a known good ROM.

Do a search in this problem, someone has posted the good registry key that you needed.

If you couldn't find it, you can install the non-cooked version ROM, export comm manager registry keys, then flash this ROM and restore the registry keys.

It works for me.

Cheers!

Guest PaNoSarbel

very nice rom..one bug from me..the original phone skin does not appear as it should be..i can not describe it very well..it's missing one button..

Guest lufeig

@buyaoxiao: i'll try to find a solution. please check your pm later.

@sardor and others: i really want to help, but sometimes i get tired of being asked the same question too many times, and being the answer posted so many times too, not only by me. your question is one of them, it has been asked and answered many times, but anyway:

if you have problems with internet, go to settings, select operator settings, change them, tap OK, then change them back.

i myself do it everytime i flash my rom (and i flash it MANY times), and i have to enter my operator settings manually, and it works 100% of the times.

there's an old bug, in which if BRAZIL and TIM operator is selected, if you put a TIM simchip, the phone auto-resets it before finishing bootload. that's why i have to enter settings manually.

i want to help this community because it helped me A LOT, it provided me guides, files, information, all i had to do was read.

so people, please read and use the search button before posting a question. sorry if it sounded harsh or rude, that's not what i mean.

i just want to keep this thread clean, straight and objective as possible, like i try to do with these roms. :rolleyes:

Edited by lufeig

Guest lufeig

@daicacon: they're almost the same. revision c has approx 161MB free.

@PaNoSarbel: it's disabled by default. did you try to enable it?

edit:

@R@v3n: thanks for the feedback about its speed! please check your pm!

@PaNoSarbel: now i noticed the "back" or "clear" button is just a white box. don't know how i didn't notice it before. sorry, i'll try to find the button and upload a .cab to fix it

Edited by lufeig

Great work mate! I'm very happy with Revision B. If Revision C was a lot faster and better I would love to change. But since some Samsung Appz won't work I'd stick to B.

So if anyone could give more Information on Speed & Stability of Rev C and Samsung Appz that would be great!

CONGRATS I LOVE UR ROM.

BTW guys I figured out to have this clean Rom with only a few Samsung Apps installed (Like Menu, the Launcher, favourite Settings, Alarm ) and everything works fine.

I bought Kinoma Player which works great for Photos and Music... And Im pretty much done. Even TomTom works for me.

There is onlu one thing I wish I could do, change the programs linked in Samsung Menu (change Touch Player to Kinoma Player) since TouchPlayer isnt installed...

Any idea how?

@lufeig

I really hope u still have time to provide such good ROms in the future with all the cabs to be installed individually.

Even if you don't have time, as much as before, having the second latest ROm would be great too :-) So better do a nice Rom every 2 versions that come out than releasing a buggy version everytime a new version comes out.

Thanks

Hey guys, in sounds notifications I have a lot of Ringtones listed that are actually not working/not there.

like 1960's

All Techie

Bug's Song...

How do I delete them?

Edited by Ricc

lufeig im in this procedure for like 10 mins now.

what shall i do? does it take so long? for the C version

Which FW image are you using?

I would:

1. power off the phone

2. quit Grandprix or whatever EXE you were using

3. re-install samsung CDMA modem driver (I am using latest - 4.34)

4. restart Grandprix with correct selection of files OR restart the EXE you were using

5. re-power up the phone to try to reflash again

If it still doesn't work then try to disconnect the USB and re-power-cycle the phone to see if it comes up with the original FW. If it does then try re-flashing again. Otherwise, the phone is bricked and you need to bring to Customer support to fix it.

Edited by tux1

This firmware uses grandprix manually for installation?

Or is this an exe full automated installer?

From the included picture it looks like an automated installer to me ...

Guest sector

full .exe.

where can i get the latest drivers tux? i have the old ones i guess from samsung.

i will try to update also with an original fw, but pls can u upload the latest drivers?

thanks

Guest smsswiss
ok people, i managed to finish LFI04 revision c.

XIP & SYS fully ported from hermes, CE OS 20954 Build 20954.1.5.0 (thanks for bbs.xbeta.cn!). original DXHL2 is CE OS 20270 Build 20270.1.3.1

there's a newer OS & Build (21109), but as far as i know, it's fake, so i ported 20954.

if you want widgets and other apps designed exclusively for the omnia, you'd rather stick to revision b, since there may be some incompatibility.

if you want a more recent OS, said to be faster & more stable, and don't care for samsung proprietary apps and some small changes in the interface, i'd suggest to get revision "c".

remember: there's no perfect rom, otherwise there wouldn't be so many chefs, so many cooked roms. one rom may please you more than others.

i don't intend to provide a perfect rom. i just wanted to have a clean rom and decided to share it with you. i'm sad that some of you are having hard times, issues and difficulties with my rom, but i'm also glad that it suits others very well.

i'll be back to my job in a few days, so i won't be able to dedicate the same amount of time that i'm doing now, but i hope to keep providing roms to you.

right now, rev c upload is at 40%... i'll maintain both revisions in the first post...

when it's finished, i'll let you know...

what do you mean fake!!!

because there is new rom build on 21109

see below link

http://www.pdaviet.net/showthread.php?t=43016

BWT it is really great job from you and i use both roms B & C

thankx alot

Guest buyaoxiao
@buyaoxiao: i'll try to find a solution. please check your pm later.

Gee thanks, but some kind fan of yours has put it up on rapidshare.

I'm donwloading it now at a slow speed (meaning china guys are snapping it up!! Just wonder how many percent of the 1.3b population here uses the omnia and will install your ROM!!)

SUre hope i do not need all those extra cabs listed in page 1 as there are all on mediafire.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, really appreciate your efforts and hope you have a wonderful career in 2009 and beyond!

rdgs

Guest sector

woohoo managed to fix it with "b" version.

thank you guys :) . i will stick to this version for a while :rolleyes:

ffs almost heart attack

Edited by sector

Guest markkohfm

Version C sms is faulty, i cannot read messages when i open them. the sms content is not displayed and the input box is right at the top with a whole lot of space at the bottom. wonder if there is something wrong with the thread_style.css and thread_sms.htm files.

If you guys dun have the problem, is it possible to post these files for me?

Thanks.

Edited by markkohfm