CLEAN DXIA1 ROM *Updated Jan-19-2009* LuFeIg's LFI05b

Guest lufeig

I have uploaded LFI04c to my RapidShare premium account: http://rapidshare.com/files/179046002/i900_DXHL2_LFI04c.rar

Remove it. You should first ask and then do. Furthermore, LuFeIg in his very first post has specifically requested not to mirror the file.

You really should learn to read and to respect the requests of the author. Never copy until got permission and especially against the specific request not to.

You are currently completely screwing up the statistics the author wanted to have. This is just completely disrespectful.

Guest conqueror
Version C sms is faulty, i cannot read messages when i open them. the sms content is not displayed and the input box is right at the top with a whole lot of space at the bottom. wonder if there is something wrong with the thread_style.css and thread_sms.htm files.

If you guys dun have the problem, is it possible to post these files for me?

Thanks.

I agree with you; as I have the same problem.

Guest erdoke
Remove it. You should first ask and then do. Furthermore, LuFeIg in his very first post has specifically requested not to mirror the file.

OK, it was removed. Pls. add 13 to statistics. Sorry if it caused a big trouble, I just wanted to help those guys having no access to Mediafire. Indeed I missed the author's request in the first post. I read it to the end a couple of weeks ago, since then only reading updates. :rolleyes:

Never copy until got permission

I understand the statistics point of view, that's why I offered sharing these data in my original post. However, it's a bit strange to talk about copying and permission here, modifying and mirroring Samsung's property... Of course the good will of doing no harm is the same. :)

Edited by erdoke

I tried this ROM on one phone and can report two isses so far:

1) SMS window does not show the thread as was reported above - I confirm this experience as well.

2) Mouse cursor seems to disappear after a while and comes back only after reset. For example, it disappears after clicking on Start. Mouse cursor is one of the good additions of Omnia and it seems a shame to lose it.

Can these be fixed?

I understand the statistics point of view, that's why I offered sharing these data in my original post.

And what then? you copy, someone else copies. Everyone is ready to share stats but why should it be so inconvinient to the actual who has spent his time to prepare these ROMs? Why should he go about asking for stats? Do you realise how inconvinient it is?

Guest erdoke
Everyone is ready to share stats but why should it be so inconvinient to the actual who has spent his time to prepare these ROMs? Why should he go about asking for stats? Do you realise how inconvinient it is?

Definitely. It is very inconvenient, you need to set up reporting once and that's all. But let's not discuss it here, polluting the thread. I made a mistake and apologized. Unless you are the author to refuse it, it's better to contact me with any complaint in a private message. :rolleyes:

Guest lufeig

hello guys!

i was absent since lunch, i had a party with some friends and arrived home only now.

@smsswiss: by fake, i mean: disassemble XIP and look at its modules' build. you may use and hex editor. then get SYS folder files and look at them too. analyze their build numbers and you will see that a 'funny' person just hex edited the files (more than once to confuse people) and provided them to bbs.xbeta.cn. sincerely i didn't do the research on the files myself, but i believe in the affirmatives given by experienced people at xda developers stating it is fake. i read in xda "it's not easy to tell if a build is genuine, but it's easy to tell if it's fake". makes sense. and there are many fake builds out there, this is not the first one and won't be the last. actually i started to port 21109 but gave up on it when i read these comments. you don't have to believe. if you're interested, i'd suggest you to do your own research, but until someone comes with real proofs there it is real, i'd rather use files that are supposed to be genuine than others that are supposed to be fake.

i am really sorry about sms. didn't have the opportunity to test it. i tested GPS, camera, movies, music, acc sensor, etc. i'll investigate it and try to bring a fix for you.

so i went to this party and left the computer on, uploading revision C into rapidshare, so i could post the link when i got back. bad surprise is that the connection failed so a rapidshare download link is currently unavailable.

after reading the new posts, i thought a little and came into a conclusion: i asked to not mirror the files so i could know how many people were downloading it. i decided to share my cooked roms to help people, so i wanted to have an idea of how many they were. but if keeping files only at mediafire will not help others, i think the statistic is much less important than the possibility of more people being able to download the file. i'm sorry if my "please do not mirror" cause any kind of misunderstanding. if anybody wants to mirror it willing to make the files reachable to more people, feel free to do it. no need for statistics, nothing. if it's for the better, then do it.

and last, no rom is 100% bugs free. unfortunately, mine aren't either. if you download my cooked roms thinking they're 100% safe, then i would suggest you to download from samsung official site, or from a more experienced cooker. if you download it, all i ask is if you find a bug in it, please post it here. i won't promise it will be fixed, but i'll try to. some other bugs may not be fixed, or will only in next release. i.e., divx registration icon is still present since my first release. i would have to learn how to edit .cpl files, but i don't feel comfortable to learn it now.

one more thing, if not posting roms that have xip & sys ported will bring less trouble for you, it's ok for me. i can post only clean roms with stock xip & sys, no problems!

but i hope to be able to acquire more experience & knowledge in xip & sys porting, so the next released roms can be better. by the way, i just saw another DXHL2 ce os 20954 on pdaviet. i did not test it, i don't know who cooked it, but it is an alternative.

sorry for any inconvenience caused by the files posted here, and sorry for my long post and english errors... it's not my native language and i'm kind of drunk! :rolleyes:

thanks for all the feedback, without them it would take much more time to get the fixes, which i would wish that were not necessary.

edit: could you please post a picture or screen capture of the sms bug? thanks!!!

Edited by lufeig

Guest tanhoangmy

Hi Lufeig,

Many thank for many roms from you.

Could you please cook clean room have Task manager and Comm Manager same as HTC?

Edited by tanhoangmy

Guest markkohfm

The screen capture of the sms bug! Thank you so much! I have to click forward on my incoming smses to view them :rolleyes:

wonder if the problem has to do with these files: read_style.0409.css, thread_sms.htm,thread_style.css. I have tried finding all these on xda-developer and replacing them but to no avail.

Hope you find a solution to the bug soon as sms is very very important, especially in Singapore!

You are really a great guy and i really respect the benevolence that one can feel from reading your post above. All i can do is help in watever way i can. Cheers man!

post-269812-1230966646_thumb.jpg

post-269812-1230966692_thumb.jpg

Edited by markkohfm

Guest q_ware
The screen capture of the sms bug! Thank you so much! I have to click forward on my incoming smses to view them :rolleyes:

wonder if the problem has to do with these files: read_style.0409.css, thread_sms.htm,thread_style.css. I have tried finding all these on xda-developer and replacing them but to no avail.

Hope you find a solution to the bug soon as sms is very very important, especially in Singapore!

You are really a great guy and i really respect the benevolence that one can feel from reading your post above. All i can do is help in watever way i can. Cheers man!

markkohfm, how do you get the sms, active icon, with the signal quality on the top bar? which software is it? thx a lot

Guest markkohfm

hi q_ware, its wktask. you can get it here: wktask

IMHO, its the best task manager there is other than Quick Menu, which has too small a font and does not have XP-like display of opened programs. If you want a cascading start menu, you can try fdc Start Menu which gives you an option of either a small font or a huge (not big! :rolleyes: ) font!

I have found a temporary solution to the bug! I installed smiley sms and I am able to view the contents of my sms again!

Hope this helps!

Oh and this is not a bug with the rom, but when i install nuenobar to remove the bottom soft key bar, a green space (orginally the 26pts space occupied by the soft bar) appears.

I have tried installing alternatives such as vijaytoggle and dcinobar but to no avail. I was, however, able to do it with version B. Versions B and C are both versions 2000 and above, which nuenobar should work on without problems. Anyone has an idea for the reason behind this?

post-269812-1230968300_thumb.jpg

Edited by markkohfm

Guest q_ware
hi q_ware, its wktask. you can get it here: wktask

IMHO, its the best task manager there is other than Quick Menu, which has too small a font and does not have XP-like display of opened programs. If you want a cascading start menu, you can try fdc Start Menu which gives you an option of either a small font or a huge (not big! :rolleyes: ) font!

I have found a temporary solution to the bug! I installed smiley sms and I am able to view the contents of my sms again!

Hope this helps!

Oh and this is not a bug with the rom, but when i install nuenobar to remove the bottom soft key bar, a green space (orginally the 26pts space occupied by the soft bar) appears.

I have tried installing alternatives such as vijaytoggle and dcinobar but to no avail. I was, however, able to do it with version B. Versions B and C are both versions 2000 and above, which nuenobar should work on without problems. Anyone has an idea for the reason behind this?

OMG It works Great :) Thx so much!

Guest sztupy
IE6 for cooking! :rolleyes: supports flash

this is for cookers only or the ones that knows how to install it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/179309388/Explorer_6_OEM.zip

lets try this! thanks to kwbr

Is this for WQVGA? Already tried the official WQVGA version (from the emulator) but without luck. I think Omnias stock XIP&SYS is incopatible with PIE6.

@lufeig: may I ask you which donor you used for XIP&SYS porting?

Guest murymury

hey guys i have a problem i installed samasung modem drivers here is the updater log. now my phone is stuck with green bars all the way to the end. should i restart from the begining or wait. pls help.

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

EBOOT image downloaded.

Step 2. PDA image Downloading

Downloading PDA region #1(DISKIMAGE)...

PDA Image Length : 66583587

PDA image downloaded.

Step 3. Customer image Downloading

Downloading CSC...

GetSize : 186368

CSC finished.

Step 4. Phone image Downloading

Downloading PHONE...

Switch USB to Phone Success...

Error! PhoneUSB Detect Failed

Port Create retry (25)

Port Create retry (24)

Port Create retry (23)

Port Create retry (2)

Port Create retry (1)

Port Create retry (0)

Download failed!!

well i have restarted my phone, it started but before the samsung omnia splash screen a black screen apears with a mobile and a triangle with "!" is present on the lower right corner.

so i wanted to go back to jvhk1. so changed my preconfiguration back to uae and tried updateing with official jvhk1 rom says icorrect rom version

my pda is now i900dxhl2/lfi04 but my phone is still i900jvhk1. i am sure that i install samsung cdma drivers but did it again. still no go

how can i go back to jvhk1, i hve read that i have to hex edit the update file and change the version to one below the one i have but i am not sure about this. can anyone help. i need to get DXHL2/LFI04c to work or revert back fully to jvhk1.

Edited by murymury

Guest lufeig

@sztupy: downloaded them from bbs.xbeta.cn!

@sector: thanks for the link, but i'll skip ie6 for now. there's no official version of ie6 yet, and the reviews i have read say that it's still too buggy and slow to be worth trying. it's good to try and know it, but you should not consider it seriously by now. i've seen ie6 packages ready to be cooked, they're told to be working, but i haven't tested them myself.

@markkohfm: thanks for the pictures and all the posted info! bug is present in version C only, right? reflashed version b and sms is working ok here...

edit: there's no read_style.0409.css, but read_style.css. anyway, i checked those three files, compared 20954 and 20270, they're all identical... i also swapped BaseApps folder but bug still present...

Edited by lufeig

Guest SYSCON

I dont use threaded SMS and my SMS is working fine, maybe a short term solution is to turn off threaded sms?

bug is present in version C only, right? reflashed version b and sms is working ok here...

1) The SMS bug is only present in version c. b seems to be alright.

2) The disappearing mouse cursor bug is only present in version c. b seems to be alright.

Further, I can also note that opera attached in the first post does not seem to support zoom. The earlier version of opera listed in Dr.Dot's ROM thread seems to work fine in this respect.

Try to replace the module SYS\Redist\htmlnote.dll :rolleyes:

Hey, you clearly not thinking about the readers.

You do not explain why you suggest this, what it relates to and with what you suggest to replace it.

Could you please be a bit clearer on what you are about?

Guest lufeig
Try to replace the module SYS\Redist\htmlnote.dll :rolleyes:

mickymax, you ROCK!!! thanks a lot!!! previously to your post, i had swapped some baseapps and phone modules, but without success.

after reading your suggestion, i googled it a bit a i thought "that must be it!", so i reversed all baseapps and phone modules i had changed, then swapped htmlnote.dll

so sms bug seems to be fixed, thanks to everybody involved in this process since the beginning!

i'm going after mouse pointer fix now...

Edited by lufeig

Guest sztupy

thanks for the link!

** DivX VOD Registration removed, but icon is still present.

If you're still interested: You might want to resource edit the SecCPLMain.cpl file. You won't be able to remove the link entirely, but you can replace it to run something else (for example Theme.exe).

Here is a resource editor: http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/d10resourceeditor.htm

The cpl file needs to be re-signed, if security warnings are not disabled. Attached is a resource-edited seccplmain (the replaced link is ugly, need some work, but you get the point)