CLEAN DXIA1 ROM *Updated Jan-19-2009* LuFeIg's LFI05b

Guest lufeig

Guest bouboule
it works 100% of the times with me.

i change the operator, then i change it back, erase everything and enter my operator settings manually.

I made it (change operator, then change it back)

but erase everything ??? where ?

In "Operator settings" there is only the choice of three operator (in France).

Thanks

Edited by bouboule

Guest sztupy
2) Mouse cursor seems to disappear after a while and comes back only after reset. For example, it disappears after clicking on Start. Mouse cursor is one of the good additions of Omnia and it seems a shame to lose it.

For me it does come back when I press the mouse button (is it normal that it comes back, or could it be because I replaced kbdmouse.dll from the emulator image too?). But it still has a lot of graphical glyches. It seems it's a graphical bug, fingermouse or some of it's dll seems to be incompatible with the new GDI. Seems the mouse looses it's "always-on-top" state, and gets behind the other applications.

Edited by sztupy

Guest marcolipe1

Hello lufeig i really whant to try your new rom the

Version DXHL2, LFI04 revision "d" (Jan-03-2009)

But Here is the download Link can you check that

Thanks and great Work

Edited by marcolipe1

Guest lufeig

@murymury: no offense friend! maybe i expressed myself incorrectly too. what i meant was, i think this is a characteristic of the 1.6.4 updater, and not something exclusive from anything particular i may have done!

@sztupy: thanks again for your support! i'll consider using it in my next release! about the mouse cursor, that's exactly what i was going to write: like in photoshop, it looks like when you open an app, it goes to the top layer. the mouse, however, stays behind it. clicking again makes it go over the top layer again...

@kuibekl: i'm glad it worked for you too, i hope you enjoy it!

@bouboule: i.e., select "my internet". on the next screen, tap and hold the name of the connection, then delete it. repeat for each type of connection (my wap settings, my work, etc).

@everybody: please check first post. updated with revision D. i hope it's the last one in the DXHL2 series.

I seem to be having a weird problem.

the phone will not ring when called regardless of what ring tone I used stock or my own.

can you guys help or explain why it is not working ?

also please how to make it work.

BTW: I am using the rev b of the latest rom.

thank you

Guest lufeig

try to soft or hard reset your phone.

not every problem in the phone is result of cooking, specially if it's a simple removal of apps like in revision "b".

never had this problem, and until now nobody reported such issue with revision b.

good luck!

I soft reset the phone many time and

when you say hard reset are you refering to taking the battery out and waitting for 10 sec and putting back in ?

if there is another way to hard rest the phone ?

thank you

Guest markkohfm

hard resetting is pressing the reset hole beside the power button and at the start up screen, hold the call (green) and disconnect (red) button simultaneously and then the call button to hard reset. alternatively you can go to Settings/Systems/Hard Reset and press the reset button beside main memory.

Guest noshet

dear lufeig....thanks a lot for contribution on the roms released...i've been a close fan following the clean roms of yours.

however, i just recently found that based on your rev C, i cannot install programs such as Samsung SmartReader (for OCR of business card) and such. Fully understood that you previously stated that not all the SS software will work on this ported version.

However, i really love this software and make use of it quite often...does anyone here know how i can get it to work...or is there any other software that would do the same job? (taking a photo of a business card and fill-in info in contacts..OCR).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Guest bouboule
@bouboule: i.e., select "my internet". on the next screen, tap and hold the name of the connection, then delete it. repeat for each type of connection (my wap settings, my work, etc).

Thanks a lot Lufeig.

Now it works !!!

Fring doesn't work and i don't know why. Fring connects to WIFI, I can call the fring number to try and it's ok. But when i want to call another number the "call fring" in the menu is grey ?? Is there another voip soft as good as Fring ? To test ?

But you've already made a new ROM and i must flash and reinstall my soft !! Why do you work so much ? :rolleyes:

Somebody knows how to reinstall softs quicker (automatic reinstall ?à when we change the ROM ?

Guest markkohfm

With most of the bugs fixed, this rom is the smoothest and most responsive rom to date. I am amazed by the performance. Great Job LuFeIg! Keep up the good work.

The only problem other than the finger mouse problem is the removal of the bottom softkey bar.

Edited by markkohfm

There is a critical (imho) bug in revision "D". It was in rev. "C" too.

Only once after reboot you can use bluetooth handsfree. Second attempt to make a call will fail: you can't hear anything except service sounds (start dialing, fnish and so on) in handsfree. And you can't hear anything in common dinamic on the phone body.

and where is loud speaker feature? There is a message box like "you can't use speaker if bluetooth is active". I did it in previous firmwares...

Guest markkohfm

Its a hack using nuenobar, but this build does not allow that. Not a bug or anything, just a feature which is really useful in increasing screen real estate since the softkey bar on the today screen is really not that useful.

But i am more than willing to sacrifice that for the speed that version C provides! =P

Edited by markkohfm

Guest Dr Nize Guy

I have the problem that I can't connect to internet anymore, both with rev. B and D

The settings are good, I have the 3G logo in the taskbar, but it can't connect if I'm going to use internet.

very weird.

Guest lufeig

n21, i appreciate your report, thanks!

so there are issues with bluetooth even after replacing its modules to make it work in omnia when porting XIP & SYS, contrary to what i read in my researches...

it makes me wonder if it's worth porting... i mean, it's necessary to keep so many original modules, making it so hybrid, that it would barely be considered a 20954. indeed, the files are from an HTC device, so although both run WM6.1, hardware setup is very different. so i think next releases will have only XIP ported, or even original XIP & SYS only.

so far, for those who don't use bluetooth nor finger mouse, it's ok...

in my case... i'm on vacation, so i'm not using my bluetooth headset at all, but i'll go back to work on wednesday and bluetooth service will be important for me.

this is the first time i cook a rom with ported xip and sys, and thinking that so many hours spent on this (yeah, many hours because it's first time!), spent on researching, cooking, flashing 100000x a day, would be better spent on something else, or if the ported files were from a samsung device.

if it's necessary to make a so hybrid sys, what's the point in keeping the 20954.1.5.0 designation? it would be like cheating the downloaders... after all, it is only necessary to edit a .dsm file and a registry entry to change the value shown in settings => about.

i don't want to sound pessimist, but i am very disappointed... like one step forward, two steps backwards.

sorry for all the trouble... this time, because all the work is done, if it fits at least one user needs, it's ok. but next time, i don't think so.

if you're flashing a cooked rom, it's because you're not happy with the original one. so this should help other people, not bring more trouble.