CLEAN DXIA1 ROM *Updated Jan-19-2009* LuFeIg's LFI05b

Guest lufeig

Guest murymury

you shouldnt be dissapointed of this. sometimes it goes very well sometimes it doesnt thats life.

as for myself what you are doing here is really great and thanks for thats. ithink many people who tried it would also have the same opinion.

Regards

Guest lufeig

i'm finishing cooking a CE OS 20954 Build 20270.1.3.1 (XIP ported, original SYS) for me now.

i'll run all the tests that were 'reproved' in the latest releases (finger mouse, bluetooth, sms, etc) but i think it should be ok, since all the SYS files are stock.

but i think i'll keep it for me. you should be tired of so many updates... :rolleyes:

Guest markkohfm

No! No! please just post it and i am sure people are willing to try! I know i would =)

I have to commend your dedication and enthusiasm in cooking a rom which will benefit others.

I agree with you that, in retrospect, trying to port from a HTC device is such a wasted effort but hey, we learn from everything that we do and who knows with the knowledge that we gain, we might be able to apply it elsewhere some other time.

Thank you for all that you have done, you have made flashing your roms an addiction, at least to me!

If I may ask, or maybe you have already answered it, why do you not extract the samsung input i.e. phonepad, keyboard into a cab? That seems to be the only application which you consistently leave in your rom.

Edited by markkohfm

Guest sztupy
n21, i appreciate your report, thanks!

so there are issues with bluetooth even after replacing its modules to make it work in omnia when porting XIP & SYS, contrary to what i read in my researches...

it makes me wonder if it's worth porting... i mean, it's necessary to keep so many original modules, making it so hybrid, that it would barely be considered a 20954. indeed, the files are from an HTC device, so although both run WM6.1, hardware setup is very different. so i think next releases will have only XIP ported, or even original XIP & SYS only.

so far, for those who don't use bluetooth nor finger mouse, it's ok...

in my case... i'm on vacation, so i'm not using my bluetooth headset at all, but i'll go back to work on wednesday and bluetooth service will be important for me.

this is the first time i cook a rom with ported xip and sys, and thinking that so many hours spent on this (yeah, many hours because it's first time!), spent on researching, cooking, flashing 100000x a day, would be better spent on something else, or if the ported files were from a samsung device.

if it's necessary to make a so hybrid sys, what's the point in keeping the 20954.1.5.0 designation? it would be like cheating the downloaders... after all, it is only necessary to edit a .dsm file and a registry entry to change the value shown in settings => about.

i don't want to sound pessimist, but i am very disappointed... like one step forward, two steps backwards.

sorry for all the trouble... this time, because all the work is done, if it fits at least one user needs, it's ok. but next time, i don't think so.

if you're flashing a cooked rom, it's because you're not happy with the original one. so this should help other people, not bring more trouble.

I think the problem with the new SYS/XIP is, that the Omnia uses a lot of proprietary programs, which are made for the WM6.1.3, and there are a lot of changes in the 6.1.5 version you're using. I had a lot of bugs, when I changed the SYS to the new version and didn't clean the ROM from samsung stuff, but it worked very nice and fast when I cleaned the ROM (and had less errors). Didn't replace any modules from the stock omnia SYS though... IMHO the problem is that the language files have a different version than the application files in the SYS, and this may cause serious issues. I'm going to try to use the WM6.1.4 english 400x240 SYS files for a build and check whether it is more stable or not... 6.1.4 is more closer to 6.1.3 than 6.1.5 too. I think that's the latest avaialable SYS, that is theoretically really designed for the Omnia. Unfortunately I don't have any bluetooth headsets so I can't try that part out.

Guest arasman

hello lufeig

thank you for the rom

i am using version b and i love it

just one question for you and all others out there

is there a gps tracking application (against theft) working with this rom?

i couldn t get wimp and remote tracker working?

i would appreciate any info .

and maybe adding one such app. to the rom?

have a nice day

Edited by arasman

i'm finishing cooking a CE OS 20954 Build 20270.1.3.1 (XIP ported, original SYS) for me now.

i'll run all the tests that were 'reproved' in the latest releases (finger mouse, bluetooth, sms, etc) but i think it should be ok, since all the SYS files are stock.

but i think i'll keep it for me. you should be tired of so many updates... :rolleyes:

Lufeig,

if it fixes the Bluetooth problem and doesn't break other things I think you should post it.

I have not flashed my phone yet (thanks to the bad flu that had put me in a half dead mode since X'mas) but would really want to try out your ROM after reading all posts pointing it to be one of the most superfast/stable roms.

Thanks!

Edited by tux1

Guest godslayer

Hi,

Would like to submit a bug (if its consider as one).

Default input is set as "Keyboard" but attempts to set it to "Samsung Keyboard" only works until a soft reset is done. And it automatically revert to "Keyboard" again.

Would like to know a way to set it permanently to "Sansung Keyboard" or others instead of "Keyboard".

Another "bug" that I would like to report is that attempts to terminate "ActiveSync" is futile. Im able to close it (via wktask) but when I browse to another folder or launch a program(calc?) it will sometimes trigger "ActiveSync" in the background. Not sure what is triggering it but its annoying when I dun even use it (useful when flashing ur rom :rolleyes: but otherwise "Mass Storage" mode will suffice).

Kindly advise if I miss out anything.

Using Rev C btw. Hopefully a cab is able to fix it.

Thanks!

Edited by godslayer

Guest bouboule

Yes we are tired with so many updates :) but it's like a game (for me !!) .. For you it's a lot of works !

You make a very good job !

And i can't make the same !

I'm waiting for the next one. :(

But how install all the softs in one time !! :( I hear about a soft "Sashimi autoinstaller" which install all the cabs alone.

Somebody try it ?

Guest markkohfm
hello lufeig

thank you for the rom

i am using version b and i love it

just one question for you and all others out there

is there a gps tracking application (against theft) working with this rom?

i couldn t get wimp and remote tracker working?

i would appreciate any info .

and maybe adding one such app. to the rom?

have a nice day

You can try this two apps from xda-developer

1. SmartProtect (has a anti-uninstall function which works even if the thief tries to uninstall the software)

2. RemoteTracker (does not have a password protect page which makes it easy to uninstall)

Both are still under development but are working on this rom. I have personally tried both and think smart protect is better. If you are thinking of getting something commercial, Sprite Terminator, is one that is very good.

Guest arasman
you can install the: DXHK3 Google Launcher & Maps ,in the first post ,or you can buy IGO8 ,a very good GPS application for our OMNIA it works perfectly

hi there

thank you for your reply

but i think there may be a misudrstanding

i am asking for an app for theft situations(an app that sends a text message of your phone s location when it gets stolen)

does anybody know such app that works with rev b of the LuFeig s rom?

thanks

Guest arasman
You can try this two apps from xda-developer
  1. SmartProtect (has a anti-uninstall function which works even if the thief tries to uninstall the software)

2. RemoteTracker (does not have a password protect page which makes it easy to uninstall)

Both are still under development but are working on this rom. I have personally tried both and think smart protect is better. If you are thinking of getting something commercial, Sprite Terminator, is one that is very good.

hello

i haven t tried SmartProtect because i was more interested in RT

i wanted to get RT working but i got an error like:

"An unexpected error has occured in RTConfig.exe . Select quit and restart the prog."

And it also says : "An error message is available for this exception ... " and asks me "to install Netv35.Messages.En.wm.cab"

did this happen to you?

hi there

thank you for your reply

but i think there may be a misudrstanding

i am asking for an app for theft situations(an app that sends a text message of your phone s location when it gets stolen)

does anybody know such app that works with rev b of the LuFeig s rom?

thanks

yes i see,sorry :rolleyes:

Guest lufeig

i'm setting things up here (installing apps, configuring gprs, etc)

if everything runs ok, i'll be able to post it only at night (in 8~10 hours from now)... going to my nephew's b-party.

thanks everybody for your comprehension and support!

l8ter!

Guest markkohfm
hello

i haven t tried SmartProtect because i was more interested in RT

i wanted to get RT working but i got an error like:

"An unexpected error has occured in RTConfig.exe . Select quit and restart the prog."

And it also says : "An error message is available for this exception ... " and asks me "to install Netv35.Messages.En.wm.cab"

did this happen to you?

I tried installing it after reading your post and i got the same problem too. and after installing the netv35.messages.en.wm.cab, the problem still occurs.

Okay, so i suppose RT doesnt work. But for those who are keen to experiment, you can google MobileJustice as well.

Hey Arasman, sorry but I am using ver C, which as you might have already read, has problems that might not occur with roms cooked from omnia build just like being able to use nuenobar. I have managed to use RT and all the other apps on regular stock roms and i think you should be able to do so on ver B too.

Try and you will know, its fun! Especially with Sprite Terminator which gives you a link of google maps and you can pinpoint your phone to a radius.

Edited by markkohfm

Guest bobobird

hey grop - that is a really cool theme/wallpaper combo you have there.

any info on where to get it ?

thanks

Edited by bobobird

Guest sztupy

Hi lufeig!

If you're disappointed with the 20954 release, then try out 20755! I've just cooked a SYS with the language files from the emuimage (20757) and the other files from the Hermes (20755) (used the latter, because I couldn't get the emulator 20757 image to work, but still trying). I replaced the complete SYS dir (except .VM and .ROM of course), and it seems stable and fast for me. Didn't have to replace the htmlnote.dll either for the inbox to work. IE6 is defective in this release (I'm not surprised, because the first official IE6 release is the one in 20757), but opera works fine. Unfortunately finger mouse doesn't work here either :'( Used the XIP from your 20954 version. Going to try it for a day, to check whether it's stable enough, but at a first glance it is stable and very fast.

Guest murymury

now all works fine lufeig, thank u. tried the d version but when i installed spb shell and pocket plus restarted the phone then touch screen doesnt respond. that didnt happen in b. wich i am using now.

Guest bobobird

Thx grop - that zip holds a huge number of really beautiful wallpapers. Perhaps you should post a new topin in the main forum with link so that other members can also benefit ?

Thx again bro

Edited by bobobird