CLEAN DXIA1 ROM *Updated Jan-19-2009* LuFeIg's LFI05b

Guest lufeig

Guest markkohfm

Deleted Items has indeed disappeared from the folders option.

Not much of a problem unless you want to restore deleted messages, you, you can still empty the deleted items folder from the pop up menu.

Guest lufeig

sorry for still not uploading revision 'e' (ce os 20954 build 20270.1.3.1).

just got home now and i'll have to wake up in 3h30min.

@Dr Nize Guy: it shouldn't happen, since it looks like it worked well for everyone who used it. anyway, revision d is discontinued, i'm sorry. try to reflash it and hard reset.

@grop: did u install radio in device memory? try using other fm radio cab and other widgets cab...

@sztupy: thanks again for your advices and tips! gotta set some things up these days before getting to work, so the cooking thing will have to wait for a while...but i appreciate your sharing, thanks!

@murymury: i used pocket plus with no problems here. it should be mobile shell incompatibility, try uninstalling it...

I have spb mobile shell on Rev C. Everything other than the threaded SMS thing works fine (no pocket plus, however)

I am very happy with the performance and stability.

sorry for still not uploading revision 'e' (ce os 20954 build 20270.1.3.1).

just got home now and i'll have to wake up in 3h30min.

@Dr Nize Guy: it shouldn't happen, since it looks like it worked well for everyone who used it. anyway, revision d is discontinued, i'm sorry. try to reflash it and hard reset.

@grop: did u install radio in device memory? try using other fm radio cab and other widgets cab...

@sztupy: thanks again for your advices and tips! gotta set some things up these days before getting to work, so the cooking thing will have to wait for a while...but i appreciate your sharing, thanks!

@murymury: i used pocket plus with no problems here. it should be mobile shell incompatibility, try uninstalling it...

Yes i always install .cab on device memory,radio works good,its' just the widget shortcut to be wrong ,like the Widget shortcut of Opera.would like to know if it's possible to re-create thye shortcut on "windows" or if it's too difficult for a noob like me?

Guest Emre SUMENGEN

Hi everyone and congratz to Lufeig for his great job...

But, is there a way I can obtain the _stock_ DXHL2 ROM? I use Lufeig's lite version right now and I'm happy with it. But my friend just wants to upgrade his rom, just to get rid of his "Blank Screen of Death" problem with HH1 and to get some improvements/bug-fixes.

So, does anybody have that? (I also try to keep up with Secany's thread, but I honestly don't think I can get it there, yet)

Guest sztupy
Hi everyone and congratz to Lufeig for his great job...

But, is there a way I can obtain the _stock_ DXHL2 ROM? I use Lufeig's lite version right now and I'm happy with it. But my friend just wants to upgrade his rom, just to get rid of his "Blank Screen of Death" problem with HH1 and to get some improvements/bug-fixes.

So, does anybody have that? (I also try to keep up with Secany's thread, but I honestly don't think I can get it there, yet)

Secany's thread has it (it's named DZHL2, but it's the same). But DXHK3 is said to be more stable, so your friend should use that instead. BSOD is not present on that release.

Guest lufeig

dxhk3 available at samsung mobile site. dzhl2 (or dxhl2, it's the same) available in rapidshare, look at secany's thread.

edit: so the rom that would be released as revision E still presents the bluetooth bug. in other words, the bug lives inside a XIP module.

Edited by lufeig

Guest lufeig

sorry, but revision E won't be released, since it contains the same bugs that revision D does.

i will stick to rev b for now, i'll use bt headset everyday...

Guest thankyou

Hi lufeig,

thank you very much for your rom.

like the rom very much but, samrt converter does not work with "LFI04 version b".

other member also said smart converter cab doesn't work.

can you please repack "smart converter"

Thank you for your hard work,

jin

Guest feffy70

hi all. from 3 days i have installed in my omnia this fantastic rom: Version DXHL2, LFI04 revision "b" (Dec-29-2008)

Then, in this rom, i have installed the cab of samsung widgets online.

In samsung widgets online i use, the digital clock widget, the accuweather widget, and the 4 best contacts widget.

When i click on one of the 4 contacts on the widget, i have this problem:

screen01oq0.th.png

How can i resolve?

Guest lufeig

i am really sorry my friends, but i decided that i will not support cab apps myself anymore. i don't have enough time to do it.

for those who want to help providing working cabs of the apps that were stripped off, please PM me with the download link.

Guest lastsion

Hi, Lufig! When will you release ur next edtion? I have tested my bluetooth and it is true that there are some problems with it. But the Bluetooth is very important for me, so I do hope that you can use a new core to ur new edtion. 20757 or 20954, both OK, cause it is said that they are more stable、fast and saving electricity than the older one 20730, aren't they? I am your fan in China now ,haha!!! Best wishes to you ,my dear friend.

Guest gavinfabl

Hi lufeig

Firstly great stuff with your rom. Using revision b and its so amazing. I had trouble getting CNN and a few other widgets working but decided it was a waste of space. Uninstall this and Flash 2.1 and moved upto Flash 3.1. I have an awesome Omnia. I have installed all the apps I want. On my today screen I have WKtask, HTC Home (with HTC Home customiser with Diamond Clock and Schaps Icons) , SPB Wireless , PDA Status and Today Agenda.

Guest FlorianO

Hello all,

I've just flashed my Omnia with this ROM. So far, so good: nice, clean ROM (thanks for that !!).

However, I am missing a couple of things and I be thankful if some can assist in finding the necessary CABs to get that back. In the order of priorities:

- Samsung keyboard. Yes, at the beginning I hated it but it grew up on my to the point I like it more then Resco's :rolleyes:

- Samsung "launcher" (I'm not sure of the right term nor if it's part of some Widget). I am talking about the launcher that is bound to the bottom left "soft" button that opens either "Programs" or (defineable) "Shortcuts".

- Samsung Clock + Alarm.

One last (bit weird?) thing: The screeen sensitivity seems a bit worse (especially in the phone -- makes it annoyingly sluggish). Has that anything to do with the ROM ?

TIA for the help,

Florian

Guest lufeig

i think it will take some time for the next rom to be released:

1. i will get back to work on wednesday;

2. secany's next release will be available only for those who are in his emailing list, so i will respect the rules and i won't leak it.

if you need bluetooth, please stick with revision B. i don't have the skill to modify the core of windows mobile os, neither i think it is advisable to do so.

edit: @floriano: screen sensitivity depends on the rom, but it if you are using revision B, i am 100% sure it is exactly the same you would have if using stock DXHL2 or DZHL2.

when i have time, i will provide a .cab that is told to improve screen sensitivity. it is not a miracle, it's just told to use some optimized values that would be obtained in "align screen" process.

Edited by lufeig

Hi lufeig

Firstly great stuff with your rom. Using revision b and its so amazing. I had trouble getting CNN and a few other widgets working but decided it was a waste of space. Uninstall this and Flash 2.1 and moved upto Flash 3.1. I have an awesome Omnia. I have installed all the apps I want. On my today screen I have WKtask, HTC Home (with HTC Home customiser with Diamond Clock and Schaps Icons) , SPB Wireless , PDA Status and Today Agenda.

do you mind sharing the link to the HTC home link that worked for you on this Rom ?

thank you

Guest FlorianO
edit: @floriano: screen sensitivity depends on the rom, but it if you are using revision B, i am 100% sure it is exactly the same you would have if using stock DXHL2 or DZHL2.

when i have time, i will provide a .cab that is told to improve screen sensitivity. it is not a miracle, it's just told to use some optimized values that would be obtained in "align screen" process.

Lufeig,

Thanks for the input. After tinkering a bit with this ROM (using revision "D" at the moment) I found out there are issues with the bluetooth.

Since I am using this phone heavily for work and no time to tinker about with different ROM version (I was still using HH1 on both PDA/Phone) I think I will stick to a more "vanilla" ROM -- maybe Secany's DZHL2 ?

Others, what do you currently suggest for a nice, ROM that is

1) Stable

2) Battery life

3) As "clean" as possible.

Thanks again,

Guest sztupy
Others, what do you currently suggest for a nice, ROM that is

1) Stable

2) Battery life

3) As "clean" as possible.

Thanks again,

Lufeig's DXHL2b ROM

Hey, guys. In Ringtone Settings or Alarm sETTINGS I have many Ringtones that are actually not on my Omnia.

Can I delete them Somehow????

Please answer...

Guest markkohfm

To remove ring tones from drop down menu of notifications settings, go to HKCU/ControlPanel/Sounds/Ringtones and edit the various lines there.