CLEAN DXIA1 ROM *Updated Jan-19-2009* LuFeIg's LFI05b

Guest lufeig

Guest lufeig

as i said a few posts before, here it goes a .cab that is told to improve screen sensitivity: REMOVED

it doesn't change the screen alignment, only its sensitivity.

after installing the .cab, soft reset the device.

if you run screen alignment after the installation, you have to uninstall and install it again.

edit: cab does not work. please edit the registry changing the following values:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH]

"DownUp"=dword:000003e8

"Click"=dword:00000bb8

obviously, theses are hexadecimal values.

thanks goes to Antonisss for posting his values in this forum. i just replicated them here.

Edited by lufeig

as i said a few posts before, here it goes a .cab that is told to improve screen sensitivity: REMOVED

it doesn't change the screen alignment, only its sensitivity.

after installing the .cab, soft reset the device.

if you run screen alignment after the installation, you have to uninstall and install it again.

edit: cab does not work. please edit the registry changing the following values:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH]

"DownUp"=dword:000003e8

"Click"=dword:00000bb8

obviously, theses are hexadecimal values.

thanks goes to Antonisss for posting his values in this forum. i just replicated them here.

so are you saying to change the current value of 500 for Click that I have to 00000bb8 under Hex ?

just want to make sure

Guest FlorianO

Hello,

Two quick questions wrt this ROM (using "revision b" a.t.m.).

- Any issues with the GPS ? I'm having problems getting a lock with GPSgate (worked fined with HH1)

- Device hangs sometime upon closing some programs (e.g. GPSgate, IPdashboard). Anyone experiencing this ?

Please advise. I am planning to use a ROM "in production" (i.e. for a longer time), and I'm not exactly convinced this is a safe release to use for this purpose...

TIA,

Florian

To remove ring tones from drop down menu of notifications settings, go to HKCU/ControlPanel/Sounds/Ringtones and edit the various lines there.

I dont have this only Ringtone0 and Ringtone2

Guest FlorianO

Let me ask again:

Are there _any_ issues with GPS with this ROM ? Can anyone confirm they tested GPSGate (and TomTom) with this version ("revision b") ? If so, can you pls share your setup (GPSGate version, settings, etc)

TIA,

Florian

Edited by FlorianO

Guest devilmudy

dear friends im using this clean rom. and its perfect.

but i need live messenger.

any one help me to find it.

i dont like fring or others.

i need the orijinal one that in omnia.

thanks..

Guest lufeig

1. no, i will not release a DXHL3_DXHL5 until secany releases the download link for wide public. by now it's available only to his mailing list, so i will respect the rules and won't leak it.

2. i'm using igo 8 (8.3.x) and it works flawlessly. got a gps lock in a few seconds in a rainy day.

gotta sleep now, i'm drunk again and i'll have to wake up in a few hours... vacation is over... :( :rolleyes:

l8ter!

edit: if you are in secany's email list, you are allowed to use the full rom he released, not the clean one. this one will be available for everybody when it becomes publicly available from secany. sorry if this won't please everybody, but this is how it's going to happen. until then, please enjoy revision B or D, it's not that old anyway! :( :)

Edited by lufeig

i found an error in this ROM, i don't know if there is a solution for this..

when i open a message (from sms) and want to copy something from it, there is a pop-up 'Error' 'Unable to load configuration'..

Does anyone know the solution for this error?

Thanks..

nb: sorry for my bad english..

o ya, i'm using rev 'D'..

Edited by ch85

Guest Billou
i found an error in this ROM, i don't know if there is a solution for this..

when i open a message (from sms) and want to copy something from it, there is a pop-up 'Error' 'Unable to load configuration'..

Does anyone know the solution for this error?

Thanks..

nb: sorry for my bad english..

o ya, i'm using rev 'D'..

I Don't understand your problem, but, if I copy text in a sms, and past in other sms, I have not a problem ...

Guest bobobird
gotta sleep now, i'm drunk again and i'll have to wake up in a few hours... vacation is over... :) :rolleyes:

drinking and cooking do not mix well, you can easily get burned or worse.

Guest Jangla

I've noticed some issues with the d revision of this ROM:

1. When you soft reset the phone, the input method always reverts to the tiny and rather useless keyboard, regardless of what was selected before the reset.

2. The mouse pointer regularly disappears until you soft reset - then you have problem 1 above again :rolleyes: Although I believe this is mentioned in the first post, I've no idea what XIP & SYS are in the first place so I'm not sure if this relates.

I know in post 340 it recommends revision c for Omnia users but only b and d are available on the first post and there's a note about SMS being faulty in revision c which would negate me using it anyway.

Other than that, I'm absolutely loving the fact that I can have so much free space and pick and choose which apps I really want, rather than having a bunch of useless add-ons that just take up space :)

Edited by Jangla

Guest Mertoglu

Hello. I am trying to flash my rom to i900_DXHL2_LFI04d, but can't find any information about how to do that. Do i need to make ic CID free or something else?

My current rom is i900XKHH8/XKHH4 and i want to upgrade to i900_DXHL2_LFI04d.

Cheers.

Guest arasman

hello LuFeIg

thanks again for the roms

i ve tried the applications down but none of them worked with this rom (version b )

WIMP , Remote Tracker (free), Smart Protect (free)

these apps are for tracking your device with GPS in case of theft or situations similar

i think these kind of apps are quite useful to many , so i d appreciate if you give them a check

or anybody of any concern on this matter

keep up the good work

PS : I hope i made a mistake and somebody will correct me so i can use one of these.

Also there is Sprite Terminator app . this one has some potential but GPS support is weak.

Guest gavinfabl
Excellent rom :rolleyes:

I Just all remove sound effect in HKLM\Snd\Event\Curr0

exept alarm2|

can somebody please attach the bubbles game that comes with the default rom . thanks

Guest sztupy
Hi Sector

Thanks for link but that version needs registering and costs $15.

Can somebody please attach the default rom exe bubbles game that appears in the windows directory.

posted a few pages earlier in this same thread

Guest markkohfm
hello LuFeIg

thanks again for the roms

i ve tried the applications down but none of them worked with this rom (version b )

WIMP , Remote Tracker (free), Smart Protect (free)

these apps are for tracking your device with GPS in case of theft or situations similar

i think these kind of apps are quite useful to many , so i d appreciate if you give them a check

or anybody of any concern on this matter

keep up the good work

PS : I hope i made a mistake and somebody will correct me so i can use one of these.

Also there is Sprite Terminator app . this one has some potential but GPS support is weak.

I have personally tird Sprite Terminator and IMHO it is one of the best. The GPS support is fantastic, giving to a link to location radius on Google Map.

Guest sztupy
Is it possible to get the comm manager of the M2D as stand alone ?

Why would you need that? FavoriteSettings is much better suited for the Omnia.