CLEAN DXIA1 ROM *Updated Jan-19-2009* LuFeIg's LFI05b

Guest lufeig

Guest picky-picasso
Hi,

I need some advise.

Sorry I am newbie for WM phone.

If I flash with DXHL2 ROM and in case in future that I need to revert back to Original Omnia firmware for warranty reason or etc. Can I able to do so by hard format the device?

Planning to flash DXHL2 rom and install Manila2D theme as currently taking too much memory together with Omnia DXHK3 firmware.

Best regards,

Eric

Certainly not.

When you hard format the device you will return to the same state as immediately after you flashed your most recent ROM. If you hard set all drives you will have empty storage drives PLUS the same state as immediately after you flashed your most recent ROM.

Unfortunately, at this point I have not seen a clear sure method of backing up your ROM. Grab_it on here will backup the PDA portion of your ROM, but some things will be missing. (I think it's radio, but I haven't really followed the conversation closely enough.

My best advice for you is:

1. take Secany's latest Italian AND English ROMS.
  2. Flash the English ROM
  3. Enjoy your phone!
  4. In the event you would like warranty service or for whatever reason are worried about having the English version on there, Flash the Italian ROM. This is a Samsung ROM clean and complete (thanks, Secany!!) so you should have no problem getting support with that on your phone.
That said I'd add two other suggestions:
  1. Are you saying HK3 is on your Omnia now? You can probably find the Italian HK3 ROM. So if that's what's on your machine, then get that ROM and hold it in reserve.
  2. If you're worried about space and plan to install M2D, I'd recommend lufeig's super clean ROM. You'll be able to install it with no space issues whatsoever.
(oh, and Flashing your ROM could have serious consequences, for which I take no responsibility, etc....)

Good Luck!

pp

user pachecodias told me that secany released dxia1 publicly. thanks!

my clean dxia1 rom is ready, but i noticed today that fm radio is not working.

because i'll have to do it again (tried to fixed it, but no success), i'll try to release a XIP & SYS updated dxia1.

other chefs have already released dxia1 20270.1.3.1 clean roms, so i see no point in releasing another one.

Guest cooluisgzz

I need help! im stuck at: "opening COM 13 succeded" switching to USB phone succcess"then nothing happends!!

Please help me! im really scared, did I just bricked me phone?? plz help me :)

(My phone is still connected to the USB and the update is still running) but its stuck at "Switching to USB phone Success"

user pachecodias told me that secany released dxia1 publicly. thanks!

my clean dxia1 rom is ready, but i noticed today that fm radio is not working.

because i'll have to do it again (tried to fixed it, but no success), i'll try to release a XIP & SYS updated dxia1.

other chefs have already released dxia1 20270.1.3.1 clean roms, so i see no point in releasing another one.

if we remove fmradio from rom it wont work :S. tried it. just for future cooking :)

anyway i love ur roms mate maybe a clean rom with updated SYS \ XIP Build 21014.1.6.0

i just tried a quick flash with basic xip & sys porting... 21014.1.6.0... stuck at boot screen.

seems like i'll have a lot of work, a lot to learn...

Edited by lufeig

i just tried a quick flash with basic xip & sys porting... 21014.1.6.0... stuck at boot screen.

seems like i'll have a lot of work, a lot to learn...

did you update the language files to the latest or used the omnia version? Never had any problem when the language files were updated (except for the finger mouse of course).

Edited by sztupy

thinking of the steps now, i noticed i forgot to g'reloc the 20757 files (that you suggested, thanks!)... gonna do it now, i'll post results here if any 'step forward' is achieved.

thanks!

thinking of the steps now, i noticed i forgot to g'reloc the 20757 files (that you suggested, thanks!)... gonna do it now, i'll post results here if any 'step forward' is achieved.

thanks!

The bluetooth stack was changed in the 20755 version, so I'm curious whether BT works on a full 20757+ port.

It also seems that BT needs some files from one of the following SYS folders: Office, OneNote, Autoupdate, WindowsLive, WelcomeCenter. You might try keeping all of them for a build.

Edited by sztupy

it's the 3rd time i build it, and it won't get past the samsung omnia boot screen... i re-checked my steps, don't know what is wrong.

i changed os.nb, changed sys... no success.

it's the 3rd time i build it, and it won't get past the samsung omnia boot screen... i re-checked my steps, don't know what is wrong.

i changed os.nb, changed sys... no success.

Only had this type of error when I forgot to keep the .VM and .ROM directories in the SYS. (forgetting to change the xip in os.nb left me with a blank screen)

sztupy, thanks for your tip, but unfortunately that is not what i'm doing wrong. i knew i did that before, but just to be sure, i replaced the folders you mentioned and cooked it again.

i'm giving it up for now...

my problem is probably my windows xp.

tired of getting no results, and having to get my i900 funcional for tomorrow (yes, i use it as a cell phone in a daily basis too!), i flashed taril's rom to have a taste of his cook.

result: same freezing at samsung omnia's boot screen. it just started working again after disconnect and soft reset.

so i will start working again tomorrow in my other fresh windows xp partition.

l8ter!

Very good rom !!!!!!!!!!!! tell you why

this flash never get failed why other give a failed like this

CSC finished.

Step 4. Phone image Downloading

Downloading PHONE...

Switch USB to Phone Success...

Error! PhoneUSB Detect Failed

Port Create retry (1)

Port Create retry (0)

Download failed!!

Why is this rom never give a failed flash even after different rom trials while the omnia hangs I get it bnack with Lufeigs roms!!!!!

Is there any improvement for that slow gps util or future rom?all roms have that gps problem

again thanks

Guest alviner
Very good rom !!!!!!!!!!!! tell you why

this flash never get failed why other give a failed like this

CSC finished.

Step 4. Phone image Downloading

Downloading PHONE...

Switch USB to Phone Success...

Error! PhoneUSB Detect Failed

Port Create retry (1)

Port Create retry (0)

Download failed!!

Why is this rom never give a failed flash even after different rom trials while the omnia hangs I get it bnack with Lufeigs roms!!!!!

Is there any improvement for that slow gps util or future rom?all roms have that gps problem

again thanks

Hi Comviq,

For fast GPS connectivity, please use the XTRA download. You will definitely lock the GPS faster after the XTRA download... Mine has no problem using Lufeig's Rom version B having locking the GPS less than two seconds....

Edited by alviner

Guest carreab

Thanks lufeig for this great work,

using D release, its fast and stable, but one little problem, the MIDI ringtones don't work, or some of them destored means not plying correctly when trying to choose as ringtone in settings\sound.

anyone have an idea?

rgrds.

LFI05 revision 'a' to be released soon:

PDA: DXIA1

PHONE: DXHL3

CSC: LFI05a

XIP: 21014

SYS: 21014.1.6.0

'FM Radio' and 'Favorite Settings' were kept in.

Free storage: 162MB

Free program: 68MB

I hope you like it.

Guest carreab
LFI05 revision 'a' to be released soon:

PDA: DXIA1

PHONE: DXHL3

CSC: LFI05a

XIP: 21014

SYS: 21014.1.6.0

'FM Radio' and 'Favorite Settings' were kept in.

Free storage: 162MB

Free program: 68MB

I hope you like it.

I like it already :D

this is a very good build, fast and stable but will see how it will be on omnia,

good work, keep up.

appreciate yr works, thnk you

P.S can you keep the games?? please!! thnk you excellent. :)