CLEAN DXIA1 ROM *Updated Jan-19-2009* LuFeIg's LFI05b

Guest lufeig

Guest buyaoxiao
How about implementing at least a Task Manager like TMan which is great, by default?

I would recommend to look for QuickMenu 2.8, it should not disappoint u!

Cheers

@jfive: i've heard that .mid files are not supported in those 'beta' ported xip & sys roms. afaik, aku 1.4.0 is still going to be released in february, so hope to see official 1.6.0 only in a few months, i think. maybe then it will support .mid files, but i don't know.

@Michael122w: thanks! i hope you're enjoying it as much as i am!

@teenspirit2: yes, GPS does work in LFI05b. i would not release it if gps didn't work properly. i use 'igo 8' and it works perfectly. if you're using tomtom, please search for solutions to make it work with omnia. there are many threads about it!

@Ricc: it is an idea, thanks for your suggestion. i'm not promising this for the next release, but if i have time, i'll study a way to enable uninstallation of stock task manager, so you can install the one which best fits your needs.

@demon-knight: yes, it is back to life. actually i almost released LFI06a, which would be DXIA2 with 21014.1.6.0 xip & sys. it wouldn't boot, and because i'm out of time to debug it, i skipped it. if next release doesn't work with the most recent xip & sys, this will be stock, but still clean. anyway, i'll stick with LFI05b. i'll only change it if there are REAL improvements.

l8ter!

@lufeig

Mr.. how to displayed 'Sent Items' menu in SMS Text Message?

now only Draft, Inbox, and Outbox that shown in Text Message, in official ROM there is Recycle & Sent Items also displayed..

I tried to create new folder named 'Sent Items' but an error box said 'Sent Items' already exists..

Thanks..

Hi LuFeIg,

I know that the ported builds of Windows Mobile do not have a working mouse.

May I bring to your attention that our colleague on this forum might have solved this problem with ported builds in the following ROM:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...a1-13-jan-2009/

I know you do a lot as is but is it possible to get the knowledge from Khuanchai and see if his solution would work for your future ROMs?

I think mouse is one of the very comfortable UI enhancements that Samsung Omnia has brought once you get used to it.

Regards,

A

Hi Lufeig

Still happy with your rom

just 1 question TX9 other language support special swedisch characters how do I get that back?

Thanks for you efforts

Guest markvanhaze

@Lufeig:

Ive been looking for the cab file that comes with the original omnia fw which enables you to switch the usb connection mode from activesync to usb mass storage. I noticed its in your firmware so I wondered if you can point me to the cabfile.

@altim: thanks for the info, i'll check that later.

@Comviq: sorry, i don't know. i have not deleted any language.

@Ricc: PLEASE READ FIRST POST!

@markvanhaze: sorry, but i don't know what's the name of that app.

@demon-knight: i am probably skipping dxia2. i think next rom will be released soon, if it shows significant improvements, i'll cook it. otherwise i'll skip it too.

I've experienced new problems since trying out ur ROM. It's the problem of my OMNIA going to sleep and never waking up from idle mode. Eg: when i key-lock it or whenever the fone isn't in use (idle or charging mode).

Anyone has solutions for this or facing the same problem as well?

*Solved it by unstalling WOW SRS program*

Edited by oknaka

Guest Michael122w

Has anyone been able to get smartReader to work? I am using LFAI05a and the Smart Reader CAB from the first post - but when i try and run it - it tells me that there are components missing! :)

@omar junior: no, it does not contain widgets.

@Michael122w: please search for another chef's cab. i know qbus has a list of cabs stripped off of his rom. i will try to fix this in a future release, but i can't tell you when.

@serrum: there's no 'volume control' cab. it is still buggy in dxia1, so i changed some dll's that cannot be changed back after the rom is flashed in your device.

@raza1: i use s2p flawlessly. please try another version of s2p. mine is v0.58

Hi Tufeig, just want to say thanks so much for your ROM. Been using it for a week now and it's really fast and pretty much stable. Just a question.

Upon flashing your rom, i've checked the .NetCF3.5 on the registry, the default setting was disabled; value=0. Is there a need to enable it as i know some programs require for it to work?

Thanks lots!

Edited by oknaka

@raza1: i use s2p flawlessly. please try another version of s2p. mine is v0.58

Tried that version but still the same. It worked with me before with Taril's rom. I only use Samsung Today 1 together with WA3.

Mb something is missing in windows that S2P has to use to work.

Edited by raza1

Guest Jim McKenzie

Hello, I have an issue with playing videos..

When I start the video it goes really slow, like the frame rate is really low..

Is there a way to fix it or is it something with coreplayer?