[Updated 19/12] MoDaCo Custom ROM for Blackstone 1.08.12.17 - IE6(!), CF3.5, UC, 1.19 based + more

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Damien_Brown

Hey Paul,

This is my first post. Love the stuff that Modaco adds to the WinMo community.

Just wanted to know, now that you have a custom rom will you be adding the Xperia Panels in a future version?

Keep up the good work

DB

Guest Paul (MVP)
Hey Paul,

This is my first post. Love the stuff that Modaco adds to the WinMo community.

Just wanted to know, now that you have a custom rom will you be adding the Xperia Panels in a future version?

Keep up the good work

DB

Maybe. i'm investigating if this is possible...

P

Guest dr_nick

paul - do I not need a radio to make this rom work with my network? and enable the gps, bluetooth and wifi chipset?

will my current radio remain on the device after upgrade and hence it isn't included. or do I need to find this first.

I have flashed a couple of devices previously but every time I have to go back to basics and read several hundred posts on xdadevs to understand what the hell I'm doing. perhaps you could include a link to one of the run through step-by-step guides for any noobs (or us olds with dementia!) in the original post?

:rolleyes:

regards

dr_nick

Guest John.Lock

Well done.

Can someone please put up the Hardspl.? or send me a RS/MU link to it?

The XDA site is down for some reason.

I'd like to play this weekend.

Thank you.

Guest FlangeArtist
Well done.

Can someone please put up the Hardspl.? or send me a RS/MU link to it?

The XDA site is down for some reason.

I'd like to play this weekend.

Thank you.

SAme here...has XDA Forums has been down since early Saturday...Wanted to get this ROM in there...

Guest FlangeArtist
XDA is up for me?

P

Now up 4 me too! I checked JUST before posting my previous comment...so must have been within the last 10 mins! Still, good news...

Guest FlangeArtist

I'm finding this new rom really quite sluggish. Take much longer to start-up after a soft reset, applications appear to take longer to load, loads more "hour glasses", applications often fail to close after hitting X, and it also uses more resources (before average was 36%, now 42%).

I do however like the majority of it! Typing in the keyboard is much better, IE6 is good, only having CF3.5 is great.

Guest breckmorrison

I am in the US and just received the device and did not realize that they locked down the US based 3G and HSDPA frequencies, therefore I am only connecting EDGE.

Is there a ROM out there that would allow me to connect US based 3G or HSDPA?

I have read that the hardware is capable of the frequencies.

I am in the US and just received the device and did not realize that they locked down the US based 3G and HSDPA frequencies, therefore I am only connecting EDGE.

Is there a ROM out there that would allow me to connect US based 3G or HSDPA?

I have read that the hardware is capable of the frequencies.

forgive me for asking (and i'm not trying to be smart here) but, i assume you didn't do any research? the absence of US 3G bands has been plastered all over the web and in various forums for several months. and no, there's no ROM available to enable the 3G bands.

Guest xanonwk

As flashing HD with the cooked ROM would void the warranty, how could I backup the HD's official bootloader and ROM in case I need to flash it back into HD before sending it to HTC for services in the event my HD goes faulty.

Guest m1i8k7e

I from europe and just got my HD with hsdpa from t-mobile.

Im a complete noob to this rom thing but would like to have a browser that supports flash.

This IE 6 sounds nice together with the flash lite.

Would like to know if i dont screw up my hsdpa if i manage to install this rom.

Or is this for us devices only.

Thank you for your time and work.

Guest Monolithix

Once you install flashlite you'll find it's enabled in opera mobile, which is probably much better than ie6. Don't get too excited about streaming flash video though, it's pretty crap in browser!