[Updated 19/12] MoDaCo Custom ROM for Blackstone 1.08.12.17 - IE6(!), CF3.5, UC, 1.19 based + more

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest xanonwk
Does anyone know if SPB Pocket Plus PIE enhancements work on this version of PIE, particularly adding tabbed browsing? Thanks.

I installed SPB Pocket Plus, I also disabled the TouchFLO, without any problems, so far.

I installed SPB Pocket Plus, I also disabled the TouchFLO, without any problems, so far.

Thanks, does it add tabs to PIE6 without any problems? I am hoping it will since PIE6 doesnt have that functionality.

Guest auddie
forgive me for asking (and i'm not trying to be smart here) but, i assume you didn't do any research? the absence of US 3G bands has been plastered all over the web and in various forums for several months. and no, there's no ROM available to enable the 3G bands.

I have to agree: I'm in the US and wanted my HD to the degree of a sin, so I researched, finding the HD was neither coming to the states nor was it capable of US 3G with anyof the bands we have in the States.

I will say, however, the 2 G speed is quite snappy for me. My daughter has a 3G iPhone, and she is quite envious of my HD, including how well the data speed performs (T-Mo).

Guest Menneisyys
This IE 6 sounds nice together with the flash lite.

IE 6 has turned out to be a major disaster in my tests. Not recommended - for dailyWeb browsing, even the previous PIE is much better. Or, stick with alternative browsers like Opera Mobile, Mini or Skyfire.

I'll publish a HUGE article on all these q's tomorrow.

Guest Menneisyys
Thanks, does it add tabs to PIE6 without any problems? I am hoping it will since PIE6 doesnt have that functionality.

Currently, none of the PIE plug-ins add tabs to IEM6. I've tested them all on my HTC Universal.

(Not that it'd worth the effort: it's much worse than Skyfire or Opera Mobile. It's simply not worth bothering.)

Guest Menneisyys
I have to agree: I'm in the US and wanted my HD to the degree of a sin, so I researched, finding the HD was neither coming to the states nor was it capable of US 3G with anyof the bands we have in the States.

I will say, however, the 2 G speed is quite snappy for me. My daughter has a 3G iPhone, and she is quite envious of my HD, including how well the data speed performs (T-Mo).

The iPhone 3G still has major advantages over the HD: Safari is WAY better than anything on WinMo and the iPhone has tons of nice and quality games, unlike the HD, where a lot of games simply don't run because of the incompatible screen size.

Guest jonajuna
The iPhone 3G still has major advantages over the HD: Safari is WAY better than anything on WinMo and the iPhone has tons of nice and quality games, unlike the HD, where a lot of games simply don't run because of the incompatible screen size.

and of course the touch HD has major advantages over the iphone

like it has the most widely supported OS of any mobile device as well as being the most powerful (if not the most newbie friendly), the wvga fix sorts most game res problems, the screen is bigger and higher res and of course, you dont have to let steve jobs take over your pc

oh yeah and who wants to visit istore for all their apps?

/rant against apple

:rolleyes:

Edited by jonajuna

Guest xanonwk
The HardSPL post includes a link to the original bootloader.

P

I flashed your ROM into my HD, but I forgot to dump the official HD ROM. Though I can flash the original bootloader, but I don't know where I could find the original ROM, HTC doesn't post the original ROM on its website. May be, I have to wait until HTC posts an updated ROM.

By the way, would you consider to put the Flash Lite 3.1 into the Opera browser in your next release? As you can do it in IE6, I think you can do it in Opera browser as well :rolleyes: