SztupY's automated kitchen [with OPTIMIZER]

Guest sztupy

I have an i910 on Verizon and would love to be able to cook my own ROM. Could anyone help me with how I could utilize this tool to cook ROM's for my Omnia i910?

Afaik there is no i910 kitchens avaialable yet, so you'll have to wait 'till someone creates one. SYAKR depends on a working kitchen configuration...

Afaik there is no i910 kitchens avaialable yet, so you'll have to wait 'till someone creates one. SYAKR depends on a working kitchen configuration...

Thanks! Where would I look to get info on how to build a kitchen for the i910 so the i910 world can take advantage of this wonderful tool and custom ROM's?

Thanks! Where would I look to get info on how to build a kitchen for the i910 so the i910 world can take advantage of this wonderful tool and custom ROM's?

Try xda-developers (and modaco of course :rolleyes: ). They're mostly into HTC phones, but they may help. For a kitchen you'll need tools for extracting, decompressing, compressing and creating ROM files. I don't know whether the actual tools in the i900 kitchen are good for these tasks.

Guest shokka9
Try xda-developers (and modaco of course :rolleyes: ). They're mostly into HTC phones, but they may help. For a kitchen you'll need tools for extracting, decompressing, compressing and creating ROM files. I don't know whether the actual tools in the i900 kitchen are good for these tasks.

hey sztupy

just tried to extract ROM exe (i900DXHK2) and kept getting same error, tried a few other ROMs (that i thought were standard).

It extract some of it, then comes up with the error. CHeck it out, show you the kitchen too.

i have attached error. Gonna post in PaSSoA's thread too

any advice will help?

I have C++ 2008 SP1, .net framework 3.5 SP1 installed. Am i missing something? Not even got to use your app yet.

post-428798-1229974540_thumb.jpg

post-428798-1229974770_thumb.jpg

hey sztupy

just tried to extract ROM exe (i900DXHK2) and kept getting same error, tried a few other ROMs (that i thought were standard).

It extract some of it, then comes up with the error. CHeck it out, show you the kitchen too.

i have attached error. Gonna post in PaSSoA's thread too

any advice will help?

I have C++ 2008 SP1, .net framework 3.5 SP1 installed. Am i missing something? Not even got to use your app yet.

Use vista :rolleyes: I had the same error under XP. simply download msvcr71.dll (google it), and copy it to the folder of the kitchen

Guest shokka9
Use vista :rolleyes: I had the same error under XP. simply download msvcr71.dll (google it), and copy it to the folder of the kitchen

is vista essential? i doubt it, but this file must be within vista then??

will google away and hope it works..

thanks dude, you tha man!!

Guest shokka9

downloaded and in kitchen.

extracted ROM easy. thanks sztupy. Jusy fully extracted HK2 ROM.. now the next step....

thanks again my friend. You know you will get props from me forever now!!

:rolleyes:

No it's in the Visual C++ 7.1 redistributable, which is bundled with Vista, but is not with XP (there is a download for XP too, but it's hard to find, and DL'ing the DLL is much-much easier)

Guest shokka9
No it's in the Visual C++ 7.1 redistributable, which is bundled with Vista, but is not with XP (there is a download for XP too, but it's hard to find, and DL'ing the DLL is much-much easier)

been busy (wrapping xmas presents) :rolleyes:

Just fired up your app, i noticed that it says HK3 for everything?

I have extracted a HK2, will it make any difference? Or do i need a HK3 ROM. I can't use rapidshare to grab secanys (tried proxies, i use mobile broadband in UK - CRAP, can't chamge my IP). Can't find a mediashare dl either..

Let me know when you can...

been busy (wrapping xmas presents) :rolleyes:

Just fired up your app, i noticed that it says HK3 for everything?

I have extracted a HK2, will it make any difference? Or do i need a HK3 ROM. I can't use rapidshare to grab secanys (tried proxies, i use mobile broadband in UK - CRAP, can't chamge my IP). Can't find a mediashare dl either..

Let me know when you can...

HK3 is what it's tested on (the version numbers beside the tasks shows which ROM's are they supposed to work _fine_). HK2 should be fine, because I don't think are that many differences between HK3 and HK2. I'm sure that HL2 won't be fine though, but I don't think we'll need to modify the tasks too much, to get it work on HL2... but... who knows...

Guest shokka9

don't think it likes it with HK2, here is the error..

tried it without doing anything, just extract and rebuild. Its same dll error, but for different location. Wait til i have HK3.

Should work, no issues. Is my CSC extraction correct.

Also, Streaming Player and Shozu (one entry) did not like being removed and appeared so in the warning .txt file.

Thanks for all your help..try again tomorrow with the right ingredients..

post-428798-1229989103_thumb.jpg

is this the correct extraction of csc..see attached.

Then i rename the folder (it extracts to i900DXHK2) to CSC and place in OEM directory (OEM\CSC)?

No, you don't have to move it anywhere. (You had to in an older version, but thas has changed). Just rename the csc.bin to customer.csc, extract it using executor, and you'll be fine (the tasks search for the CSC files in the Customer_CSC directory in the root of your kitchen) Just don't forget to re-pack the csc after the tasks have run :rolleyes:

yeah Sztupy

same dll error on rebuild of ROM. Get's near the end of build too.??.

Maybe needs HK3?

Nope, it's not SYAKR related. The kitchen changes directories a lot of times to run the tools, and they may not find the MSVCR71.dll, so you may have to copy MSVCR71.dll to many places. Try putting it inot the WINDOWS and/or WINDOWS\system32 directories, they may help (or put it into the Tools, XIPTools, etc directories)

Also under XP the XIP extraction has failed for me when I tried to run the Extract_exe.bin. Dunno why though (well... maybe msvcr related). If you had the same errors, then tell me, so I can look into this problem and I'll try to find a solution. (I use Vista for my everyday tasks, only installed XP to do the flashing part, so I miss a lot of these errors, but when I tried to do some cooking under a freshly installed XP I encountered these errors too, so you're not alone)

Should work, no issues. Is my CSC extraction correct.

Also, Streaming Player and Shozu (one entry) did not like being removed and appeared so in the warning .txt file.

Thanks for all your help..try again tomorrow with the right ingredients..

Your CSC extraction was wrong (see above). Shozu and Streaming Player are located in the CSC file, that's why you did get the errors. But if these were the only errors, that means the tasks should run fine on HK2 too. If you manage to compile and flash a working clean rom, I'll update the files to reflect that they should work with HK2 too.

Edited by sztupy

SYAKR 0.3! With all new tasks!

New features:

• "Erase type" dependencies between tasks. This means multiple tasks may use the same XML file for their erase actions, without breaking each other. For example the "update flash lite" and "remove flash lite" tasks both use the "rem_fl21" xml file. This is because if you want to delete FL21, you have to delete it's files. But if you want to update FL21, you have to delete it first, then upgrade it. But what if you check _both_? This time the erase task will run only once, so there won't be any warnings. See the readme for more details

• Install Pocket TCMD (working!)
    • Update Flash Lite to 3.1 (by and thanks to lufeig)
    • Remove Flash Lite 2.1 (by lufeig)
    • Remove .NET CE 2.5

I've made a custom ROM, with ALL tasks checked (which means .NET35, FL31 and PTCMD were added, everything else were removed, and I also made a custom boot screen, to show my contact information), and here are the results:

Storage Program
    Total: 137.60 MB 96.70 MB
    In use: 9.37 MB 35.38 MB
    Free: 128.23 MB 61.32 MB

Nice, but could be still improved... but I think it's still nice from an automated program to achieve this :rolleyes:

The tasks seems to work (PTCMD installed fine, Flash31 does work, with opera (9.5 b2808), .NET is really version 3.5, so from now on they can be considered officially tested!

Grab it from here: http://winmo.sztupy.hu/syakr.html

PS: I checked and it seems that the i900kitchen needs the VC++2003, VC++2005 _AND_ VC++2008 redistributables, and .NET 2 and .NET 3.5 as well (and install .NET 1.1 too just in case). After I installed these libraries, and did a restart, the kitchen started to work under XP!

PS2: the controls in opera 9.5 b2808 does not work (no zoom, scolling, etc., only with the d-pad)... did I do something wrong, or does it need the zoomer to work correctly?

Edited by sztupy

Thanks sztupy :rolleyes:!

I have installed opera 2808 and it works, but the zoomer it is different than v2505 (zoom horizontal but in b2808 vertically). I dont have the zoomer installed.

Guest shokka9

Thanks a lot Sztupy!!

automation + tasks. Very nice. I am now installing all the libraries mentioned above. I will also copy the msvcr dll to a few places.

At least i am learning eh!? I knew the CSC was wrong, it didn't feel right. Now i know what to do as you mentioned above.

Thanks again. I will PM you if i encounter any more issues. (just to add that i have 3 kids and 2 are now awake, so my time here will be limited). Probab;y install all the libraries and start cooking tonight.

Thanks sztupy :rolleyes: !

I have installed opera 2808 and it works, but the zoomer it is different than v2505 (zoom horizontal but in b2808 vertically). I dont have the zoomer installed.

Ah, I see... I should try landscape mode?

Or well... I think I'll try putting IE6 into the phone

Guest Hydroxpert

many many thanks sztupy! im sure from now on there will be numerous roms available. i just wonder how taril got fl 2.1 and 3.1 to coexist...if he created a task for this it'd be awesome

Guest kurniawan
SYAKR 0.3! With all new tasks!

New features:

• "Erase type" dependencies between tasks. This means multiple tasks may use the same XML file for their erase actions, without breaking each other. For example the "update flash lite" and "remove flash lite" tasks both use the "rem_fl21" xml file. This is because if you want to delete FL21, you have to delete it's files. But if you want to update FL21, you have to delete it first, then upgrade it. But what if you check _both_? This time the erase task will run only once, so there won't be any warnings. See the readme for more details

But what if i want to keep FL21 for Samsung widget and also keep FL 31 for youtube on opera???

many many thanks sztupy! im sure from now on there will be numerous roms available. i just wonder how taril got fl 2.1 and 3.1 to coexist...if he created a task for this it'd be awesome

But what if i want to keep FL21 for Samsung widget and also keep FL 31 for youtube on opera???

If someone manages to get this infomration, I'd be happy to add an FL21 task :rolleyes: