SztupY's automated kitchen [with OPTIMIZER]

Guest sztupy

Guest shokka9

just like to say that Sztupy automation app is amazing. I wish the rest of ROM building was this easy....

But this part (removing apps), is seamless. It works a dream, just getting my head around packing the ROM back up with a little help..

Other than my issues, i think Sztupy has done an amazing job.

We need more tasks for adding apps in (or a generic packager) so we can just package apps to add to the ROM. Just an idea.

I see Version 3.1 is out. I use it next build....still working on this ROM.

When i have got the packing fixed, i should have a new HK3 ROM to test. Then i can start pushing myself like Lufeig.

Guest shokka9

built ROM up and just flashed to my Omnia, let's see.

I haven't customised it (yet), just extraction, removal of stuff (using Sztupy's), and re-packed it all up.

It works!!!! How about that, i am a total noob at ROM building, yet i started this last night and have sucessfully done it (with a little help from Sztupy!)

I will create a total noob guide and post in next few days, if anyone is interested. The guides are good, but for someone who has no knowledge of this process, it's all new.

Just need to learn how to add apps. Can customise it (i think).

Thanks Sztupy!!!!!

This is a very basic question... sorry I asked... but how do I repack the ROM?

I extracted it using the kitchen tools (drag the .exe to the cmd file)

I then extracted the renamed CSC.bin (to customer.csc) using the executor

Ran syakr to modify the ROM

--- so far, no errors ---

But then, what to do?

I tried to repack to csc using the executor (and that seemed to work)

I could not figure out how to repack the ROM

- The kitchen cmd file gives me an error

--The executor repacks but I don't have PDA.bin file so the repacked ROM is 21MB... not likely to be what I am looking for...

Note: when extracting the .exe, I get a PHONE.bin, OS.nb, CSC.bin and EBOOT.nb0 (but no PDA.bin). Any help is appreciated.

This is a very basic question... sorry I asked... but how do I repack the ROM?

I extracted it using the kitchen tools (drag the .exe to the cmd file)

I then extracted the renamed CSC.bin (to customer.csc) using the executor

Ran syakr to modify the ROM

--- so far, no errors ---

But then, what to do?

I tried to repack to csc using the executor (and that seemed to work)

I could not figure out how to repack the ROM

- The kitchen cmd file gives me an error

--The executor repacks but I don't have PDA.bin file so the repacked ROM is 21MB... not likely to be what I am looking for...

Note: when extracting the .exe, I get a PHONE.bin, OS.nb, CSC.bin and EBOOT.nb0 (but no PDA.bin). Any help is appreciated.

Run "BuildROM os.nb" (or drag os.nb onto BuildROM). You'll get a newrom.bin (first press play, and when it says done, exit the application. After that wait for a while for the files to be copyed), which you should rename to pda.bin. After that, run "i900tool -p newrom.exe" and you'll get a "newrom.exe"

Edited by sztupy

Run "BuildROM os.nb" (or drag os.nb onto BuildROM). You'll get a newrom.bin (first press play, and when it says done, exit the application. After that wait for a while for the files to be copyed), which you should rename to pda.bin. After that, run "i900tool -p newrom.exe" and you'll get a "newrom.exe"

It was a framework issue... I wish I could read... I updated and it seems to work... Thanks for the info!

Guest Lyncexx

i think somewhere in some task is bug, it removes button settings, i have only one button now - "camera hold", no more "camera", "main menu" and "main menu hold"

i think somewhere in some task is bug, it removes button settings, i have only one button now - "camera hold", no more "camera", "main menu" and "main menu hold"

You're right... I managed to delete the hardware keys using the registry :rolleyes:

Here are the fixed XML files. I also include a registry file, it manages to solve _some_ of the problems on a phone that has been already patched... Now you get the keys back, but their names will be the same...

tasks031_sp1.zip

Guest Lyncexx

thanks ;]] you'r verry quick ;]

i managed how to get back those buttons

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C1]

"Flags"=dword:00000000

"ResetCmd"="\"\\Program Files\\S2P\\s2p.exe\""

"Icon"="\\windows\\ButtonIconRes.dll, 1"

"Name"="Menu"

@="\"\\Program Files\\S2P\\s2p.exe\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C2]

"ResetCmd"="\"\\Program Files\\FdcSoft\TaskMgr\\TaskMgr.exe\""

"Icon"="\\windows\\ButtonIconRes.dll, 1"

"Name"="Menu Hold"

@="\"\\Program Files\FdcSoft\\TaskMgr\\TaskMgr.exe\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C3]

"Icon"="\\windows\\ButtonIconRes.dll, 2"

@="\"\\Program Files\\S2V\\s2v.exe\""

"WndCls"=""

"BtnWnd"=dword:00000000

"Name"="Camera"

"ResetCmd"="\"\\Program Files\\S2V\\s2v.exe\""

Guest Lyncexx

i made one task to add custom skin for keyboard from xxxHOLiC ROM

maybe someone gonna want that ;]

s004.jpg

extract Install_Tegic_XT9_Black.rarto "_dats" folder

update for divx registration removal

removes icon from settings->personal

added

<registry type="node">

<node type="exact">[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\DivXRegi]</node>

</registry>
divxreg.xml update for streaming player removal added
	<base dir="OEM/OEMApps" scope="all">

<registry type="node"><node type="exact">[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\StreamingPlayer\Settings]</node></registry>

</base>

streamplay.xml

overwrite old file in "_files" folder

Edited by Lyncexx

Guest Lyncexx

sorry for the typo's in older post about streaming player and divx registration, i reuploaded xml's

task to disable samsung dialer skin to defaul windows mobile, this saves about 6mb of ram (program memory)

dont do this if you are useing video call, in the default skin theres no button for video call

(can be enabled back by editing registry [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin] key "Enabled"=dword:0 set to 1)

sshot003-1.jpg

samsung_dialer_skin.rar

task to disable startup and shutdown sounds

i made it separate, maybe someone gonna need shutdown sound like me, i wanna know when phone shutdowns by it self

startup_shutdown.rar

Edited by Lyncexx

hi,

how to do to edit other firmwares with your great tool???

Most of the tasks should work with other non-DXHK3 ROM's too. DX/HK3 only means that the taskss are tested, and developed for DXHK3. (btw a lot of tasks should work with non-Omnia ROM's too, but they are surely untested).

The only criteria is that you should use a (mostly) official ROM. Custom ROM's made with i900 kitchen lack the nescesary registry and file informations needed to work.

Guest shokka9

hey there Sztupy

Having PC issues, i think my PSU is on it's way out....

I have to remove as many devices/cards for it to run ok. Ended up reinstalling Windows just in case, just installing all the frameworks (again).

Will test HK2 later.

Just downloaded your newest SP1 app. Sounds good. I use the tegic keypad too (all good).

Let you know how it all goes asap.

Guest Hydroxpert

hey guys...i get an error when building rom at the very last stage, it says it could not find some xip thing, i've tried using DXHK3 and DXHL1 but same error...anyone can help?

Guest shokka9

hey Sztupy...

tried your newer SYAKR's out and they didn't seem to work....I am having issues anyway.. i will post at end of this. But when i ran your newer SYAKRs it could remove anything, got a load of errors. And it also put the warnings.txt and message.txt in the folder above the root in which i was working.

Was looking forward to these newer ones. Reverted back to 3.1 and everything worked as normal.

Also, having this issue with BuildROM.cmd..full post from PaSSoA's thread (maybe someone have answers).

I do not get any errors, just nothing.here is the post...

After being able to sucessfully build a ROM and flash to my Omnia. I am a little stuck...

Can do everything upto build stage..extract ROM, extract CSC, run Sztupy's auto remover, build ROM (this is where i am stuck).

After removing stuff (successfully - checked warnings.txt), i then proceed to drag OS.nb to BuildROM.cmd. The windows pop up, click the green button, that says done, but nothing happens after this....

Still waiting, been 30 mins. When i did it yesterday it took a few minutes to generate newROM.bin (which i then proceeded to make an exe with i900Tool)

Can anybody suggest anything?

hey guys...i get an error when building rom at the very last stage, it says it could not find some xip thing, i've tried using DXHK3 and DXHL1 but same error...anyone can help?

framework issue. Install .NET 2 and .NET 3., and restar the whole preocess (from extracting the DXHK3.exe). The XIP extractor tool needs .NET 3.5

Edited by sztupy

hey Sztupy...

tried your newer SYAKR's out and they didn't seem to work....I am having issues anyway.. i will post at end of this. But when i ran your newer SYAKRs it could remove anything, got a load of errors. And it also put the warnings.txt and message.txt in the folder above the root in which i was working.

Was looking forward to these newer ones. Reverted back to 3.1 and everything worked as normal.

Also, having this issue with BuildROM.cmd..full post from PaSSoA's thread (maybe someone have answers).

I do not get any errors, just nothing.here is the post...

After being able to sucessfully build a ROM and flash to my Omnia. I am a little stuck...

Can do everything upto build stage..extract ROM, extract CSC, run Sztupy's auto remover, build ROM (this is where i am stuck).

After removing stuff (successfully - checked warnings.txt), i then proceed to drag OS.nb to BuildROM.cmd. The windows pop up, click the green button, that says done, but nothing happens after this....

Still waiting, been 30 mins. When i did it yesterday it took a few minutes to generate newROM.bin (which i then proceeded to make an exe with i900Tool)

Can anybody suggest anything?

1. What kind of issues? I managed to run syakr 0.3.1 SP2 without warnings running all of the tasks.

2. Did you exit the application? You have to clo.se BuildOs after it says done.

Edited by sztupy

Guest shokka9

1 > Just ran it the same as i ran the 3.1, but this went differently. The warning.txt file was not in the root directory.

2 > Thanks, i tried that last night. It didn't do anything. DOne it now, and it worked straight away. My PC has cost me hours, plus i am with my kids too (all 3 of them!).

Thanks Sztupy, you are THE man, i think i edit my post in PaSSoA's thread...

1 > Just ran it the same as i ran the 3.1, but this went differently. The warning.txt file was not in the root directory.

2 > Thanks, i tried that last night. It didn't do anything. DOne it now, and it worked straight away. My PC has cost me hours, plus i am with my kids too (all 3 of them!).

Thanks Sztupy, you are THE man, i think i edit my post in PaSSoA's thread...

1 > Strange... did you try to use the "Load options" and "Save options" functions? I've found out they might cause trouble if the options file is in a separate directory than the kitchen

Guest shokka9
1 > Strange... did you try to use the "Load options" and "Save options" functions? I've found out they might cause trouble if the options file is in a separate directory than the kitchen

No.

As just extracted into my kitchen directory and used as i would the other ones from you. I will post the warning.txt file if i use it again.

Gonna try HK2, so you can update your release notes etc...sorry for taking so long. This is new to me, but i have it down to a very fine art at the minute. Can set up the kitchen blind folded (and cook too).

Need to get to grips with my own customisations (at a later date).

Thanks for all your help. Look out for the ,txt file, so you can analyse. If it works for you, it should work for me??

Guest shokka9

Sztupy..

HK2 works, no issues to report. Still using your 3.1 version tho. Will try the new ones shortly to see if i can get working like 3.1 version.

I did flash HK2, so it definitely works..Just flashed back to HK3...need to charge up Omnia, before any more flashing..

Thanks a million, now i can start customising..