SztupY's automated kitchen [with OPTIMIZER]

Guest sztupy

Guest shokka9
Phew.. that's a lot of steps :rolleyes: Well, gonna try out if there isn't a better alternative... I've heard that you can make it work in landscape mode too with custom skins. Any tut on that?

Yeah, tell me bout it. It's not that long really, just installing cabs etc. There is a single cab about but haven't tested it yet and people who have can;t get it to work.

I make my own custom skins, just download as many as possible (to get icons - in process of making my own icons too), pick the best bits and compress it all back up and you have yor theme (skin). Not as simple as that, but thats what i do.

WAD2 (Wisbar Advanced Desktop 2) has M2D capabilities, but again, it's not a fully workable product for Omnia and costs money too.

The landscape mode in M2D, isn't that great. People are working on it, but it's not moving very much.

Sztupy, see attached.

RemoveSecurity.CAB

Guest peterk2005
(for example removing the samsung keyboard would mean a lot of free space, but it seems the phone wouldn't boot up after removing that... maybe instead of a full removal, a simple cleanup would worth it (like delete the unusued BMP, XML, etc. files for non-english keyboards)

I guess this is because the task deletes HKCU\ControlPanel\SIP\DefaultIM value. Which is OK, because it is set to Samsung Keyboard, but if we remove it, we should set the default keyboard back.

The CLSID of the default keyboard is: {42429667-ae04-11d0-a4f8-00aa00a749b9}. This just needs to be added to HKCU\ControlPanel\SIP\DefaultIM, and maybe HKCU\ControlPanel\SIP\DefaultPortraitIM.

I can't test it now 'cause my XP box is in my office and don't want to risk flashing it from Vista, but maybe someone can.

Guest shokka9

Hey, just me...reporting stuff back..

Sztupy, just flashed my own HL2 ROM (SHK04 and counting)...noticed something new right away..it asks me if i want install the games i have on my storage card, clever. But annoying....

Also Sztupy, can you add task to disable error reporting too? Or i will find registry entry when i have some time. NOt really looked at it (.rgu in detail). Might post in my other forum for wizard to look at?

Seriously just flashed it, so i am checking my stats as i write...

Memory: Storage Program

Total: 160.32mb 96.59mb

In Use: 9.25mb 27.09mb

Free: 151.06mb 69.50mb

All good, even got 8mb extra in program memory. :)

Can't comment on anything really, too soon. But it seems ok, no issues to report.

Just to confirm that .net CF works (why wouldn't it? :rolleyes: ), tested with Seismo. All good.

Should put some stuff on it before i start cooking something else. Anybody got any ideas for uploading stuff? I use crap mobile broadband modem and upload speed is not good? Been getting good DL speeds tho?

Dont have accounts with anyone, so some good advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by shokka9

I guess this is because the task deletes HKCU\ControlPanel\SIP\DefaultIM value. Which is OK, because it is set to Samsung Keyboard, but if we remove it, we should set the default keyboard back.

The CLSID of the default keyboard is: {42429667-ae04-11d0-a4f8-00aa00a749b9}. This just needs to be added to HKCU\ControlPanel\SIP\DefaultIM, and maybe HKCU\ControlPanel\SIP\DefaultPortraitIM.

I can't test it now 'cause my XP box is in my office and don't want to risk flashing it from Vista, but maybe someone can.

Hmm... gonna try it out tomorrow, when I get acces to an XP box, but there may be other things that go wrong. It was a really strange bug: the phone didn't do a hard reset, instead it just booted back to the old ROM, but without any of the keys/touchscreen working. So I got back my old today screen, and nothing else.

I think that the codecs can be cleaned out too, but it seems some of them are needed for nomral operation, while others I think are not (I don't think that you need a realplayer codec for example)

But first I'm going to test this cab creation thingy.

Hey, just me...reporting stuff back..

Sztupy, just flashed my own HL2 ROM (SHK04 and counting)...noticed something new right away..it asks me if i want install the games i have on my storage card, clever. But annoying....

Also Sztupy, can you add task to disable error reporting too? Or i will find registry entry when i have some time. NOt really looked at it (.rgu in detail). Might post in my other forum for wizard to look at?

Seriously just flashed it, so i am checking my stats as i write...

Memory: Storage Program

Total: 160.32mb 96.59mb

In Use: 9.25mb 27.09mb

Free: 151.06mb 69.50mb

All good, even got 8mb extra in program memory. :(

Can't comment on anything really, too soon. But it seems ok, no issues to report.

Just to confirm that .net CF works (why wouldn't it? :) ), tested with Seismo. All good.

Should put some stuff on it before i start cooking something else. Anybody got any ideas for uploading stuff? I use crap mobile broadband modem and upload speed is not good? Been getting good DL speeds tho?

Dont have accounts with anyone, so some good advice would be greatly appreciated.

That annoying thing seems to be a separate application, which runs in the background. Gonna try track it down.

About uploading and mobile broadband... I'm on EDGE now, so any upload larger than a few MB's is ruled out :rolleyes: Otherwise got my own host to store things, and we've got a gigabit uplink at work (but "unfortunately" no work 'till 4th january :( ). Never tried to upload things using 3G speeds either, but gonna try out tomorrow (will be in a 3G zone).

Guest shokka9

just a quick one..

installed all apps, including M2D, running like usual for me. Nothing bad to report, just flawless engineering running how it should (in my opinion).

That install games thing, every time you soft reset. it says my storage too, when nothing is in my storage? could be referring to my card tho (probably is).

All good on this ROM.

just a quick one..

installed all apps, including M2D, running like usual for me. Nothing bad to report, just flawless engineering running how it should (in my opinion).

That install games thing, every time you soft reset. it says my storage too, when nothing is in my storage? could be referring to my card tho (probably is).

All good on this ROM.

according this line: Directory("\Windows\StartUp"):-File("InstallGames.lnk", "\Windows\InstallGames.lnk") you sohuld delete this link from the Startup directory, and you'll be fine

Guest shokka9
Guys i get this error when im trying BuildRom with HL2.

With HK3 i have no problem...

How are you extracting the ROM or are you trying to use the parts (PDA etc .BINs)??

I build up an exe updater with the parts of ROM (built using EXEcutor). Then i ran the normal procedure of building ROM as i explained..

No errors for me sector? But i have had that or similar error. Just make a fresh kitchen and try again. If you are building ROM differently, try doing as me, build an exe then extract it as explained in my guide.

Seems to work?

Sztupy: I will delete that link, thanks. It will have a reg entry aswell.

Edited by shokka9

Aye tried that before but i will give one more shot :rolleyes:. Btw in RomKitchen there is in \ROM a file called imgfs.src.

What is this for?

Edit: ok i found where was the error :). thanks mate

Edited by sector

Guest shokka9

hey Sztupy

Do you have any idea why we have to set up our internet connections?? Is it something to do with something we remove during customisations??

Contacted my network and i am still waiting for the SMS they apparently sent last night with all my settings in. I have since manually set them up, as it can happen with custom ROMs.

Still running good as. Had an issue with Camera Album in my M2D, but it has fixed itself. I couldn't zoom in or anything, no gestures were recognised by the Omnia. There wasn't even registry entries either (i amend traceline in HTCGesture to get rid of the line when you zooming etc). Re-installed it and kept getting errors saying it couldn't be fully removed etc.

Anyhow, just checked it, its fine, even the registry magically appeared, as i have just edited it?

Strange.

Thanks again Sztupy

Hi sztupy, thanks for the great app, I have managed to use it to create a rom suited to my needs but I have one problem. I removed a few apps like Google, Podcasts, Favorite settings, smart converter and reader, gypsii, plum FS, transcriber, the new shozu app (cant remember the name), touch player, fm radio, digital frame. I added .net 3.5 and the black keyboard skin. The scripts executed with no warnings and the flash went ok but I have an error when I try to access the widget settings that says "this is a temporary problem preventing web and walk appearing on your phone". When i look in the onlinewidgets folder there are no new widgets like before eg accuweather, cnn, yahoo etc. Any idea what could have caused this and how to rectify it? Thanks.

hey Sztupy

Do you have any idea why we have to set up our internet connections?? Is it something to do with something we remove during customisations??

Contacted my network and i am still waiting for the SMS they apparently sent last night with all my settings in. I have since manually set them up, as it can happen with custom ROMs.

Still running good as. Had an issue with Camera Album in my M2D, but it has fixed itself. I couldn't zoom in or anything, no gestures were recognised by the Omnia. There wasn't even registry entries either (i amend traceline in HTCGesture to get rid of the line when you zooming etc). Re-installed it and kept getting errors saying it couldn't be fully removed etc.

Anyhow, just checked it, its fine, even the registry magically appeared, as i have just edited it?

Strange.

Thanks again Sztupy

If you did remove the IMEI operator settings, then you have to set up your connections. Or you can only add your country's IMEI file to the ROM, and it should work fine (I only added hungarian, because I only use that, and well... that's the default file the task will add back :rolleyes: )

Hi sztupy, thanks for the great app, I have managed to use it to create a rom suited to my needs but I have one problem. I removed a few apps like Google, Podcasts, Favorite settings, smart converter and reader, gypsii, plum FS, transcriber, the new shozu app (cant remember the name), touch player, fm radio, digital frame. I added .net 3.5 and the black keyboard skin. The scripts executed with no warnings and the flash went ok but I have an error when I try to access the widget settings that says "this is a temporary problem preventing web and walk appearing on your phone". When i look in the onlinewidgets folder there are no new widgets like before eg accuweather, cnn, yahoo etc. Any idea what could have caused this and how to rectify it? Thanks.

So you have kept Opera and Samsung Online Widgets? I don't know.. .does your internet connection work on your phone?

Guest shokka9
If you did remove the IMEI operator settings, then you have to set up your connections. Or you can only add your country's IMEI file to the ROM, and it should work fine (I only added hungarian, because I only use that, and well... that's the default file the task will add back :rolleyes: )

i dont think i did, but you never know.

thanks

So you have kept Opera and Samsung Online Widgets? I don't know.. .does your internet connection work on your phone?

Yes, Opera and the online widgets were not removed and my internet connection works fine connected via EDGE (wifi too). I am going to try flashing back to stock HL2 and saving the online widgets folder and flash my custom rom and copy the saved folder back and see if that solves it.

Edited by efjay

Guest peterk2005

Have you flashed the CSC part?

hey sztuppy, is there a way to get rid of Calendar, Contacts, File Explorer, Notes and Tasks function in the ROM??

They are very stock functions built into the OS, so they should not be removed, because they may cause errors (like removing the Media Player will cause that no sound will play)

Yes, Opera and the online widgets were not removed and my internet connection works fine connected via EDGE (wifi too). I am going to try flashing back to stock HL2 and saving the online widgets folder and flash my custom rom and copy the saved folder back and see if that solves it.

Strange, because it seems that something has deleted those files, or something has blocked them to be installed... Maybe cleaning the cscconfig.xml is more important than I first thought (for example the installation of the CSC may halt on the first error)?

Guest black-DraGon

hi sztupy,

ive used your new 09 tool to my german rom but after removing my files my phone wont start properly... it starts in the last working screen i mean in the screan which was before flashing...

some new app you put in wont work...

Guest shokka9
hi sztupy,

ive used your new 09 tool to my german rom but after removing my files my phone wont start properly... it starts in the last working screen i mean in the screan which was before flashing...

what was your process??

i used 09 sucessfully quite a few times, it all depends what you select to remove, i don't know. I had this issue once, when i tried to install tegic keypads into one of thos pdaviet ROMs. Just all i got was the last screen.

Just reflashed it with a known working (for me) ROM.

Strange, because it seems that something has deleted those files, or something has blocked them to be installed... Maybe cleaning the cscconfig.xml is more important than I first thought (for example the installation of the CSC may halt on the first error)?

I have the messages.txt file, everything looks like it went ok. Maybe you can spot something that may have caused this. Regarding the .net 3.5 task, should 2.5 be left in the rom or deleted? Not sure since the wording of the task says it will update rather than install. Thanks.

@peterk2005: yes I did include the csc when rebuilding the exe.

Edit: I restored a copy of the online widgets folder from the stock HL2 rom and the widgets are now fully functional in my custom rom. Seems either my tasks were wrong or somehow related files are being deleted by selecting another seemingly unrelated task.

messages.txt

Edited by efjay

hi sztupy,

I had the same issue when I was too greedy removing stuff. Be sure you don't remove anything that has a compatibility of (none / none), because those tasks are broken, and try only use the tasks that are the closest to your rom (so if you have a german HL2 try the DXHL2 tasks, with HK1-HK3 try the DXHK3 tasks)

I have the messages.txt file, everything looks like it went ok. Maybe you can spot something that may have caused this. Regarding the .net 3.5 task, should 2.5 be left in the rom or deleted? Not sure since the wording of the task says it will update rather than install. Thanks.

@peterk2005: yes I did include the csc when rebuilding the exe.

Edit: I restored a copy of the online widgets folder from the stock HL2 rom and the widgets are now fully functional in my custom rom. Seems either my tasks were wrong or somehow related files are being deleted by selecting another seemingly unrelated task.

The .net3.5 tasks removes .net2 because if it does not then there will be a file collision which BuildOS would detect. Usually you won't need the 2.0 files, because 3.5 has them integrated, but I've heard rumours that sometimes the opposite is true.

About the widgets: strange... couldn't find anything that should be related to the widgets (maybe except some files from PanelFS????)... so I think this should be a CSCConfig.xml error. I'm going to try out as soon as I get an XP machine (should be in two days... stupid relatives that don't have computers at home :rolleyes: )... BTW could you send me a filelist of the online widgets folder? And could you check whether those files are in the Windows directory in your phone? Maybe they're there, but the installation forgot to "install" them.