NEW Rom JVHK1 on samsung site UAE(english)

Guest ehsanuetian

Guest ehsanuetian
I looked at that topic but i was asking that i can not see any JV* update on the samsung mobile site as u have mentioned here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...e-uae-english/#

They are different countries on http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp. No JV* ones, or am i really blind :rolleyes:

The update for UAE is JV one and its in english.

Guest khaledkha
So Anyone can post a detailed Info about this New ROM I have on my Omnia JVHJ2

Hello to you all.

Maybe it is not the right place for this post but forgive me as I don't know where and how to publish it.

Yesterday I purchased the HTC HD, what a lovely elegant device to play with, now – for the 3rd. time – I'm facing the ever lasted GPS problem in Egypt as the authorities forbid the use of mobiles with GPS enabled, so companies like Nokia and HTC introduces their GPS mobiles with the GPS Comm. Port disabled.

Any ways, with the help of the Internet and good fellows I was able to solve this problem twice before, the first time was HTC Tytn II one year ago before I sold it and the second time was my beloved N96 two months ago and also the GPS was activated using a different methodology other than the Tytn II.

Is there any way to enable this Comm. Port and start using the GPS

Guest unisat
Hello,

I know it is an English update, but according to my previous experience with the HTC Tytn II, you may download the ROM in English user interface but you still can deal with Arabic sms, mail and Office documents. So I was expecting something alike from Samsung.

The question now is what is the difference between the JVHH1 and the new JVHK1?

Wish you all Happy New Year

Hi khaledkha,

Is there a program which can be installed into omnia to make it read it least arabic sms messages.

Would highly appreciate an answer.

TIA

Guest ehsanuetian
Hi khaledkha,

Is there a program which can be installed into omnia to make it read it least arabic sms messages.

Would highly appreciate an answer.

TIA

I found them on xda-developers.

1. Install Arabic keyboard

2.Install Keyboard 1

3.Install Keyboard 2

4.Soft reset

5.Select Arabic keyboard from keyboard options

It should work as it did with me :rolleyes:

Dr.DoT_Arabic_Keyboard_Only.cab

New_WinRAR_ZIP_archive.zip

Guest cnadra
I found them on xda-developers.

1. Install Arabic keyboard

2.Install Keyboard 1

3.Install Keyboard 2

4.Soft reset

5.Select Arabic keyboard from keyboard options

It should work as it did with me :rolleyes:

the above mentioned Arabic Keyboard is not stable at all. if will prevent you from choosing the flip method from the motion sensor in addition to many other system instability and if you uninstall it the phone will stop to work. you will have to hard reset the device :)

Guest ehsanuetian
nobody mentioned what are the improvements + additions for this ROM.

Well, i was on JVHI1 before and feel a lot better in JVHK1 in following

1. Battery life,very very good

2.GPS finding satellites

3.Improved software(fast)

4.More memory indeed(RAM+Storage),almost 58mb each right after hard reset.

5.less or rather no hang ups.

Guest M Seif
the above mentioned Arabic Keyboard is not stable at all. if will prevent you from choosing the flip method from the motion sensor in addition to many other system instability and if you uninstall it the phone will stop to work. you will have to hard reset the device :rolleyes:

This is most probably because the other Arabic files are missing or incompatible, here are the 4 files required to read, write Arabic sms, emails, notes,...

I am using them an all rom I have updated.

If u do not like the small KB, install that of Dr. Dot.

Please do the installation in the same order as the files.

PS , you may not need files 2 & 3 , I usually install all of them. You can try to install 1& 4 only if you do not need 3&4. see if it works.

these are made by TSD from he Arabic forum www.ce4arab.com

Let me know

1_TSD_Arabizer_411.cab

2_TSD_HijriCalendar_3_0.CAB

3_TSD_PrayerTimes_3.CAB

4_remove_blank.cab

Edited by M Seif

Guest krugerjq

Hi

The i900JVHK1 UEA version looks very good. Loaded on South Africa version Vodacom Omnia.

Works better than UK version. (Uk version the service provider widget is locked in top left corner and can not be moved or removed)

Battery life has improved.

Calculator skin looks very nice.

Task manager (while holding menu Button) works better than previous one. Easier to end all running apps.

Extra programs.

Google Launcher

Google Maps

ShoZu

Cheers....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest henrerossouw
OK differences from JBHH1 (vodafone\vodacom rom):

Apps on the rom not on the previous one:

- Google Launcher

- Google Maps

- Shozu.

Themes etc are the same except vodafone rubbish is off. I think one of the today screens are different.

Samsung keyboard has vibration feedback. Don't think it had previously.

Different animations when you tilt the screen.

Not the standard windows mobile task manager. Different one when you press and hold the menu button. Pops up a bunch of Samsung like icons on the bottom half of the screen, but can still end tasks using it. Old Task Manager still available too.

When you press programs from the samsung main menu you don't go to the standard programs screen anymore. You get a finger scrollable list of programs instead.

Internet connection settings not locked down. The vodafone rom had them locked.

In terms of battery/performance I am not sure. Only had my previous rom & phone for a week. So not sure if I will be able to spot anything. Everything still seems more responsive, quicker and nicer than the HTC TYTN II I had before.

Hi, I'm still marvellously confused. I have the i900, PDA version (JBHH1) and PHONE version (BUHH1) on a Vodacom contract (thus vodafone branded).

1. Is there a rom available? If so, where? Don't know which country to choose on the samsung site. (I've tried a couple but it says that my version is incorrect.

2. Will it void my warranty?

3. Does the new rom improve screen sensitivity. (Two of my friends have the omnia and their screens are wonderful. I have to press hard)

Thanks in advance.

Guest ehsanuetian
Hi, I'm still marvellously confused. I have the i900, PDA version (JBHH1) and PHONE version (BUHH1) on a Vodacom contract (thus vodafone branded).

1. Is there a rom available? If so, where? Don't know which country to choose on the samsung site. (I've tried a couple but it says that my version is incorrect.

2. Will it void my warranty?

3. Does the new rom improve screen sensitivity. (Two of my friends have the omnia and their screens are wonderful. I have to press hard)

Thanks in advance.

Follow this

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...rsion-tutorial/

and you can install any official samsung rom

Yes it will improve screen sensitivity

• 1 month later...
OK differences from JBHH1 (vodafone\vodacom rom):

Apps on the rom not on the previous one:

- Google Launcher

- Google Maps

- Shozu.

Themes etc are the same except vodafone rubbish is off. I think one of the today screens are different.

Samsung keyboard has vibration feedback. Don't think it had previously.

Different animations when you tilt the screen.

Not the standard windows mobile task manager. Different one when you press and hold the menu button. Pops up a bunch of Samsung like icons on the bottom half of the screen, but can still end tasks using it. Old Task Manager still available too.

When you press programs from the samsung main menu you don't go to the standard programs screen anymore. You get a finger scrollable list of programs instead.

Internet connection settings not locked down. The vodafone rom had them locked.

In terms of battery/performance I am not sure. Only had my previous rom & phone for a week. So not sure if I will be able to spot anything. Everything still seems more responsive, quicker and nicer than the HTC TYTN II I had before.

Yo man Im also in S.A. and im usin JHBB1. I was wondering, how did you update to JVHK1? I mean, I tried but it tells me 'incorrect version'. Is there something to change before I do the software update? Can u please tell me what you did step by step? Thanx in advance 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mitzidupree
nobody mentioned what are the improvements + additions for this ROM.

Oi, the only noticeable changes I've noticed are: 1- Better battery comsumtpion [After using WMP -say for two hours-, the batter lasted almost a day afterwards, now it lasts more. But if you're using your phone only, it lasts for 5-6 days].

2- When dialing, they've changed the interface of "Press the action key to unlock touch keys".

3- Overall perfomance got a bit better. But, while writing a message, it starts normally, then it become sluggish.

4- Turning on/off your phone became a bit faster.

5- When you get a message, you now see the name of the person, in the notification bar. [Without any use of a third party apllication]

6- You have a "sun" sign on the clock. [However, am not really sure if this happened from the upgrade, or Alfa service]

7- More memory.

Other things are as they were!

Edited by Mitzidupree

Guest krugerjq
Yo man Im also in S.A. and im usin JHBB1. I was wondering, how did you update to JVHK1? I mean, I tried but it tells me 'incorrect version'. Is there something to change before I do the software update? Can u please tell me what you did step by step? Thanx in advance

Hi There

There is a new rom available at the following link

http://www.samsungblog.co.za/downloads/all

It is the i900JCHJ3 for South Africa

If you dont come right with this one there is a way to change the version on the omnia with a reg editor. I recently loaded the new firmware and all seems to be working fine. Battery life is about twise as long. In the past it made about 2 days if i was lucky. Now it runs for almost a week.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest larnaca

I have had JVHI1 and upgraded to JVHK1

but I can't see any difference yet, the programs added are the same and the memory seems to.

If I may ask can we upgrade to DX or any other ROM?

Guest COOLCABMAN

Hello every body, I am from Kuwait, have used JVHK1 rom, its good, but I suggest you upgrade to DXIA5, i have done that, do not try to use any arabic key board i saw on the forum, I have done long ago, they make the omnia slow and they r unstable, its been one month I have updated my rom from JVHK1 to DXIA5, its singapore rom, but its works charm, its got extra widgets, farrrr better battery life, and with SPB shell 3 its just fantastic, check out the link to update ur rom do DXIA5

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...is-165-mb-only/

thank you

have a great day

Guest elhamy201
Hello every body, I am from Kuwait, have used JVHK1 rom, its good, but I suggest you upgrade to DXIA5, i have done that, do not try to use any arabic key board i saw on the forum, I have done long ago, they make the omnia slow and they r unstable, its been one month I have updated my rom from JVHK1 to DXIA5, its singapore rom, but its works charm, its got extra widgets, farrrr better battery life, and with SPB shell 3 its just fantastic, check out the link to update ur rom do DXIA5

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...is-165-mb-only/

thank you

have a great day

thanks for you feed back , but i suggest trying the new 6-5 roms out there it is more responsive than 6.1 and looks nicer