ROM Building for Dummies (i900) using SYOK

Guest shokka9

Hi guys, it´s me one more time :)

1 - Using syakr, I removed the Samsung Sample and Ringtones

I have add one personal MP3 file inside the \OEM\OEMApp, but the file did not appers to me to set as ringtone in \settings\personal\sounds & notifications\notifications -> event: Phone Incoming call

My personal Mp3 file appears to all other events, like Messaging: New Text Message, Reminders, MMS Message etc...why ? Just does not appear in Phone Incoming call

Tell me if I am right

Inside the \OEM\OEMApp I need to open in my computer with Notepad the file 1aa5aeea-3129-45d1-94a6-0b3df2ee511b.rgu and edit this step here...

"Category"="InCall"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds]

"Ringtones"=multi_sz:"Samsung Tune .mp3","Classic Bell .mp3",

"Serene tone2 .mp3","Millenium .mp3",

"Gliter tone .mp3",

"Charming Intro tone .mp3","Tumble Tone .mp3",

"Chiming tone .mp3","Spanish Guitar .mp3",

"Sunny day .mp3","Techno dance .mp3",

"Vivid street .mp3","Maze of city .mp3",

"Highway 101 .mp3","City light .mp3",

"Bugs' song .mp3","All Techie .mp3",

"1960's .mp3","Look Back .mp3","Wind tone .mp3"

So, remove everything and add only my personal mp3 ?

2- Using syakr I removed the TV Out, and the link on Start Menu\Programs desapear, but still/remains a TV Out icon in \settings\System

How to remove this TV Out ícon or this icon have the same problem with DiVx Registration icon ?

Edited by Broda

Guest mario.omnia
Hi guys, it´s me one more time :)

1 - Using syakr, I removed the Samsung Sample and Ringtones

I have add one personal MP3 file inside the \OEM\OEMApp, but the file did not appers to me to set as ringtone in \settings\personal\sounds & notifications\notifications -> event: Phone Incoming call

My personal Mp3 file appears to all other events, like Messaging: New Text Message, Reminders, MMS Message etc...why ? Just does not appear in Phone Incoming call

Tell me if I am right

Inside the \OEM\OEMApp I need to open in my computer with Notepad the file 1aa5aeea-3129-45d1-94a6-0b3df2ee511b.rgu and edit this step here...

"Category"="InCall"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds]

"Ringtones"=multi_sz:"Samsung Tune .mp3","Classic Bell .mp3",

"Serene tone2 .mp3","Millenium .mp3",

"Gliter tone .mp3",

"Charming Intro tone .mp3","Tumble Tone .mp3",

"Chiming tone .mp3","Spanish Guitar .mp3",

"Sunny day .mp3","Techno dance .mp3",

"Vivid street .mp3","Maze of city .mp3",

"Highway 101 .mp3","City light .mp3",

"Bugs' song .mp3","All Techie .mp3",

"1960's .mp3","Look Back .mp3","Wind tone .mp3"

So, remove everything and add only my personal mp3 ?

2- Using syakr I removed the TV Out, and the link on Start Menu\Programs desapear, but still/remains a TV Out icon in \settings\System

How to remove this TV Out ícon or this icon have the same problem with DiVx Registration icon ?

@ ringtones...

you can have them stored on your storage card and then just copy them after the flash...

I personally didn't try to put them into my cooked ROM but I've read somewhere that they must be in some specific folder...

take a look around the forum...probably in this thread...or 6.5 kitchen thread...

@ TV out...

check the tasks from Syakr (XML files for each task)...then try to locate all the files manually...maybe the location changed since the Syakr was updated...in these tasks you can find folders and files needed for removal of an app...

Guest Krazy Radd
Hi again,

I took the time to download all the Apps from the "Original Samsung Application Thread"...

(the ones that were still available for download)

Then I unpacked them all with Package Creator 2.7 in their folders so that I can make a list

of all the files that Apps have in the ROM so that they could be removed manually...

The result is the following list I made in .PDF and .DOC format and it is intended for all of

you who would like to cook a ROM and have trouble locating all the files that need to be

removed before cooking a nice ROM...

I hope you'll find it useful and may it help you to cook better ROMs...

A list in .PDF format

A list in .DOC format

Thanx mario.omnia & for your time to make that list.

This will help me a lot, bro. :)

Hi, need help again LOL

3 questions

1- Error BuildOS trying to add the PHM editor in my ROM

Take a look in The log.txt inside the temp folder

Failed to parse HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PHM!!!

InitRegistry FAILED in file ".\Registry\695fe5b5-61d5-42ca-985d-5239232566a0.rgu" within a few lines of line 4.

ImportFromPackageListStrict: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed importing ".\Registry\695fe5b5-61d5-42ca-985d-5239232566a0.rgu"

wmain: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed building DEFAULT hives

Now, take a look in the 695fe5b5-61d5-42ca-985d-5239232566a0.rgu inside the OEM\PHM pack folder

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PHM]

@="Windows\\regedit.exe""" %%1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RegBackup\Shell\Open\Command]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PHM\Registry Editor\Favorites]

"Home (My Device)"="\\"

"Classes Identifiers (CLSIDs)"="\\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\\CLSID"

"Files associations"="\\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT"

"PCMCIA Drivers"="\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Drivers\\PCMCIA"

"RAS Book"="\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Comm\\RasBook"

"TCP/IP Hosts"="\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Comm\\Tcpip\\Hosts"

"Today items"="\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Today\\Items"

"Softwares - user settings"="\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software"

"Softwares - device settings"="\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PHM\Registry Editor]

"regedit"="regedit.exe"

"View"=hex:0E,00,00,00

"LastKey"="\\"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\DefaultIcon]

@="Windows\\regedit.exe,-104"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RegBackup\DefaultIcon]

@="Windows\\regedit.exe,-143"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.reg]

@="regfile"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile]

@="Registration Entries"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.rbk]

@="RegBackup"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RegBackup]

@="Registry Backup"

The initflashfiles.txt

;*****************************************************************************

;initflashes.txt created with packages generator by ervius!!!

;package: regedit_mrln_arm

Directory("\Program Files\"):-Directory("PHM Tools")

Directory("\Program Files\PHM Tools"):-File("regedit.exe","\windows0-regedit.exe")

Directory("\windows\start menu\programs"):-File("RegEdit.lnk","\windows\RegEdit.lnk")

;Help files:

Directory("\windows\Help"):-File("phmredt.htm","\windows\phmredt.htm")

;end of package: regedit_mrln_arm

How to fix this folks?

2 - Second question

Where I can add my info in the Owner Information before build a new ROM?

3 - Last question

I want to add in my ROM more two appications. The Resco Explorer and the Resco Photo Viewer

But in the middle of the process of BuildOS, says:000Setup.dll already exists

I have this file inside the Resco Explorer and the Resco Photo Viewer pack folder, but with diferent size

So.... ???? What can I do

Thanks

Edited by Broda

Guest Morad kassem
Hi, need help again LOL

3 questions

1- Error BuildOS trying to add the PHM editor in my ROM

Take a look in The log.txt inside the temp folder

Failed to parse HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PHM!!!

InitRegistry FAILED in file ".\Registry\695fe5b5-61d5-42ca-985d-5239232566a0.rgu" within a few lines of line 4.

ImportFromPackageListStrict: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed importing ".\Registry\695fe5b5-61d5-42ca-985d-5239232566a0.rgu"

wmain: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed building DEFAULT hives

Now, take a look in the 695fe5b5-61d5-42ca-985d-5239232566a0.rgu inside the OEM\PHM pack folder

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PHM]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RegBackup\Shell\Open\Command]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PHM\Registry Editor\Favorites]

"Home (My Device)"="\\"

"Classes Identifiers (CLSIDs)"="\\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\\CLSID"

"Files associations"="\\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT"

"PCMCIA Drivers"="\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Drivers\\PCMCIA"

"RAS Book"="\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Comm\\RasBook"

"TCP/IP Hosts"="\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Comm\\Tcpip\\Hosts"

"Today items"="\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Today\\Items"

"Softwares - user settings"="\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software"

"Softwares - device settings"="\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PHM\Registry Editor]

"regedit"="regedit.exe"

"View"=hex:0E,00,00,00

"LastKey"="\\"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\DefaultIcon]

@="Windows\\regedit.exe,-104"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RegBackup\DefaultIcon]

@="Windows\\regedit.exe,-143"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.reg]

@="regfile"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile]

@="Registration Entries"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.rbk]

@="RegBackup"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RegBackup]

@="Registry Backup"

The initflashfiles.txt

;initflashes.txt created with packages generator by ervius!!!

;package: regedit_mrln_arm

Directory("\Program Files\"):-Directory("PHM Tools")

Directory("\Program Files\PHM Tools"):-File("regedit.exe","\windows0-regedit.exe")

Directory("\windows\start menu\programs"):-File("RegEdit.lnk","\windows\RegEdit.lnk")

;Help files:

Directory("\windows\Help"):-File("phmredt.htm","\windows\phmredt.htm")

;end of package: regedit_mrln_arm

How to fix this folks?

2 - Second question

Where I can add my info in the Owner Information before build a new ROM?

3 - Last question

I want to add in my ROM more two appications. The Resco Explorer and the Resco Photo Viewer

But in the middle of the process of BuildOS, says:000Setup.dll already exists

I have this file inside the Resco Explorer and the Resco Photo Viewer pack folder, but with diferent size

So.... ???? What can I do

Thanks

1. For Q1: Try to use RecMod.exe located inside the tools folder in your kitchen directory by dragging the modules in it to create the origenal file of the module name (Ex: you have ****.dll, ****.exe, ****.cpl, ****.rgu or ****.mui folders, these folders with the mentioned extesions should be exist in the PHM folder, then you have to drag & drop the module (folder with extesion) each one separateley to the RecMode.exe file & then you'll find the origenal file created inside the modue it self to be placed in the PHM folder at the same location it's module was.
  2. For Q2: i don't know actually.
  3. For Q3: Tow options: either to use the RecMod.exe way or to replace the files you have as the old files related to the wm file explorer.
Try & let me know (PM) Edited by Morad kassem

Hi All

This is my first time to build a new rom

The guide (http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=29302)is very clear to know but the last setp.

When I get my newrom.bin and rename it to PDA.BIN,I copy the Command Prompt shortcut and paste it to the Kitchen Directory. I double click the shortcut and get a command prompt. I type the following command ‘i900Tool.exe -p newrom.exe’ press enter but Nothing Happened .

Microsoft Windows XP [版本 5.1.2600]

© 版权所有 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

E:\omnia-eng>i900Tool.exe -p newrom.exe

E:\omnia-eng>

And no files been created.This is the dir command of kitchen directory

Microsoft Windows XP [版本 5.1.2600]

© 版权所有 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

E:\omnia-eng>dir /w

驱动器 E 中的卷是 新加卷

卷的序列号是 7C58-1400

E:\omnia-eng 的目录

[.] [..] [.hg]

BuildROM.cmd BuildXIP.cmd cab2pkg.exe

CABARC.EXE CABINET.DLL cabwiz.ddf

cabwiz.exe Command Prompt.lnk create_removal_task.exe

csc.bin customer.csc [Customer_CSC]

default.syakr eboot.nb0 extractpkg.exe

ExtractROM_bin.cmd ExtractROM_exe.cmd i900Tool.exe

i900_EXEcutor.exe i900_EXEcutor.udp i900_EXEcutor_eng.txt

i90x usage.txt makecab.exe MakeHV.cmd

MakeROM.cmd messages.log msvcr71.dll

[OEM] optimizer.exe os.nb

PDA.BIN phone.bin pkg2cab.exe

Reg2Inf.exe [ROM] setup.inf

Shell.cmd syakr.exe syakr.txt

[sYS] [temp] [Tools]

[uPDATE] UPDATE.exe upx.exe

warning.log [XIP] xip.bin

[XIPTools] XmlToReg.exe [_dats]

[_files] [_out]

41 个文件 630,015,200 字节

15 个目录 1,086,668,800 可用字节

Who can help me?

post-586317-1252839698_thumb.jpg

post-586317-1252839721_thumb.jpg

I have no idea

No corrupted file ?

Try this one

Oh No...

This i900tool.exe is the same one that in my kitchen direction

I use i908ZH_USDL_GrandPrix_v1.5.2_XP.exe and load the PDA.BIN and eboot.nb0

When the job done my i900 reset auto. the screen stop at the first screen

I fail

I have to make a new os for my i900.

and now I use the old rom , I fail...

Guest Morad kassem
Hi All

This is my first time to build a new rom

The guide (http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=29302)is very clear to know but the last setp.

When I get my newrom.bin and rename it to PDA.BIN,I copy the Command Prompt shortcut and paste it to the Kitchen Directory. I double click the shortcut and get a command prompt. I type the following command ‘i900Tool.exe -p newrom.exe’ press enter but Nothing Happened .

And no files been created.This is the dir command of kitchen directory

Who can help me?

Dear laden: Try to assemble the exe file using I900Executer.exe (Pakko's tool) which will do the job instead of the CMD pronpt.

Assemble the exe file using the PDA.Bin. Eboot.NB0, Customer.CSC & Phone.Bin, if you don't want to incluye the phone part don't add the phone.Bin file.

post-575359-1252891426_thumb.jpg

Dear Broda: Please download the below it will help you to create your rom with the resco explorer & photo viewer. (Packages already created just copy them into the oem folder & enjoy.

Resco_Progs.rar

Dear laden: Try to assemble the exe file using I900Executer.exe (Pakko's tool) which will do the job instead of the CMD pronpt.

Assemble the exe file using the PDA.Bin. Eboot.NB0, Customer.CSC & Phone.Bin, if you don't want to incluye the phone part don't add the phone.Bin file.

post-575359-1252891426_thumb.jpg

Hi kassem

I use i908ZH_USDL_GrandPrix_v1.5.2_XP.exe tool load pda.bin and eboot.no0

when the job done.(flash the phone finished) My phone auto reset and stop @samsung Omnia screen(The first Screen)

can I flash phone only load pda.bin(not load the other files,just like Eboot.NB0,Customer.CSC & Phone.Bin?)

Thanks for your help and sorry for my poor english)

gengxin

Hi everyone!

First I want to say thanks for this great guide, second my issue is that when I run SYAKR to remove what i need I tick the apps that I want to remove, but what I don't understan is what do I do when I am finshed with ticking the apps that I want too remove? I tried once and the Rom flashed my phone and everything is working but those apps that I ticked are still there.

Thanks!

Guest Nicklashidegard
Hi everyone!

First I want to say thanks for this great guide, second my issue is that when I run SYAKR to remove what i need I tick the apps that I want to remove, but what I don't understan is what do I do when I am finshed with ticking the apps that I want too remove? I tried once and the Rom flashed my phone and everything is working but those apps that I ticked are still there.

Thanks!

You need to click run scripts... Another window will open and you'll get an error log at the end (in the base of the kitchen).

Good luck

No problems!!!

Lycka till :)

Tack!

It worked perfect!

Another question, I builded my Rom from an official Nordic Rom, my question is Can I somehow choose the language for my Rom? Because the Nordic Rom should include Swedish and I would like to have Swedish as the Rom language.

And I tried to convert a cab file to pkg using cab2kpg, I got a folder with some files in...How do I use this to integrate with my Rom?

Edited by azoo

Guest Morad kassem
Hi kassem

I use i908ZH_USDL_GrandPrix_v1.5.2_XP.exe tool load pda.bin and eboot.no0

when the job done.(flash the phone finished) My phone auto reset and stop @samsung Omnia screen(The first Screen)

can I flash phone only load pda.bin(not load the other files,just like Eboot.NB0,Customer.CSC & Phone.Bin?)

Thanks for your help and sorry for my poor english)

gengxin

I didn't try it before but you can give it a try, as long as the eboot..nbo is working you can revert back to any rom

Guest Morad kassem
Tack!

It worked perfect!

Another question, I builded my Rom from an official Nordic Rom, my question is Can I somehow choose the language for my Rom? Because the Nordic Rom should include Swedish and I would like to have Swedish as the Rom language.

And I tried to convert a cab file to pkg using cab2kpg, I got a folder with some files in...How do I use this to integrate with my Rom?

Just put the folder into the OEM folder & it'll appear in the BuildOS.bat

Guest Nicklashidegard
Tack!

It worked perfect!

If you read here: http://www.modaco.com/content-page/288531/...tchen/page/340/

There are quite a few discusssions about changing Languages on roms.. (give or take 1-2 pages)... Never done it myself though...

Would you be able to upload the Nordic rom?? Been looking for one of those but can't find one anywhere.. Would appreciate it!!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Firstly, thanks to all the helpful cooks here who are willing to share their knowledge.

I've been reading the guides here, and feel I'm ready to cook something. I downloaded an official update rom, extracted the update.exe out, and dragged it to ExtractROM_exe. However, I got some error and was unable to proceed.

Hope someone can help me out on this.

Many Thanks!

EDIT: I've tried and succeeded in building a rom using Vistang's Visual Kitchen. Tks anyway. BTW, when building the updater exe (last step) do you all usually include all the parts? e.g. phone.bin?

post-583609-1259319277_thumb.png

Edited by wynaut

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Shokka for the great guide!

Not sure if this is a issue, but every time I seem to extract the OEMApps folder from DXID1, I only seem to be left with about 135 files extracted and around 500 after showing hidden files. Is this normal, as the folder before extraction has over 1300 files inside.

• 3 weeks later...
Firstly, thanks to all the helpful cooks here who are willing to share their knowledge.

I've been reading the guides here, and feel I'm ready to cook something. I downloaded an official update rom, extracted the update.exe out, and dragged it to ExtractROM_exe. However, I got some error and was unable to proceed.

Hope someone can help me out on this.

Many Thanks!

EDIT: I've tried and succeeded in building a rom using Vistang's Visual Kitchen. Tks anyway. BTW, when building the updater exe (last step) do you all usually include all the parts? e.g. phone.bin?

How did you solve it im runing a Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit but still having that error? Can't extract my rom??