All-in-one Manila 2D. Update 22 beta2 available

Guest sztupy

Don't think this is a true Update 22 as you still can't change all the font colors with m2dc. Some change but not things like the message text. :)

You are right: this is not v18 update 22 but v19 update 11, so it's the first version from a new series of M2D. But it's the latest.

Guest Frankish
You are right: this is not v18 update 22 but v19 update 11, so it's the first version from a new series of M2D. But it's the latest.

Ahh right and that's why font colour changing still doesn't work!

sztupy, is there any way to install ur m2d in My Storage / internal memory (16GB one) ?

Thanks

I don't think so. The only thing possible would be if a skin creator would modify the skin file to load the files from "\\My Storage". But this might not work.

Guest alvinezz
I don't think so. The only thing possible would be if a skin creator would modify the skin file to load the files from "\\My Storage". But this might not work.

ah icic.. taril told me it might be possible, so i ask u .. anyway thats cool =)

would like to know how many MB M2D installation use?

Cheers

Most probably the HTCHomeSettings.xml must stay in \Windows and Manila2D.exe or if m2d can be hexed to read the xml from \My Storage\ for example.

Inside the xml you can direct the skin files in any folder i guess. By default it is in \Windows\. You can open it and check it for the <ImageList>.

So as far as i can assume skins can be placed in any folder if Manila2D.exe and the xml is in \Windows\

Guest Daugvolf
Most probably the HTCHomeSettings.xml must stay in \Windows and Manila2D.exe or if m2d can be hexed to read the xml from \My Storage\ for example.

Inside the xml you can direct the skin files in any folder i guess. By default it is in \Windows\. You can open it and check it for the <ImageList>.

So as far as i can assume skins can be placed in any folder if Manila2D.exe and the xml is in \Windows\

Well that's awesome, since it looks like a hefty portion of the space taken up by Manila is all of these skin images. If a skin was pulled off a storage card, how much less space would be taken up on main memory do you suppose?

And then that begs the question, can M2DC be altered to change the xml file and save the images to \\My Storage\Windows\ or something? Or would we just need a skinning application specific to the Omnia at this point?

Edited by Daugvolf

Guest Daugvolf

EDIT: Eh, sorry for the double-post. I think Chrome doesn't like your forum, or vice-versa =/

I think a skinning application that took any resolution's skins and auto-adjusted the images as well as approximated the xmls to match a WQVGA res WITH a graphical editor that recreates in static adjustable graphics the M2D interface click-and-drag style AND saves to My Storage and applies adjustments to the xml files would be crazy talk.

Edited by Daugvolf

EDIT: Eh, sorry for the double-post. I think Chrome doesn't like your forum, or vice-versa =/

I think a skinning application that took any resolution's skins and auto-adjusted the images as well as approximated the xmls to match a WQVGA res WITH a graphical editor that recreates in static adjustable graphics the M2D interface click-and-drag style AND saves to My Storage and applies adjustments to the xml files would be crazy talk.

plz. don't give me ideas :)

Hello Sztupy! :D

I've hex edited footprint.exe like manila2D.exe and now footprint with the voAMRNBEnc.dll work a bit more :)

I'm working with your prebeta1 cab and now when you press "New" start the camera but I think there's a incompatibility with camera.exe because don't works correctly... continues don't load correctly the pictures in the tab too :)

Now I'm not a programmer and I don't know how it works but you are and so maybe you can do something more.

Sorry for my bad english

here are the file I've hex edit

patched.zip

Guest shokka9

@ alvinezz

You have your images (cd/album art/cover), whatever format, name you have them as rename to folder.jpg.

For example...Lil Wayne - The Carter III would be renamed to folder.jpg . place the renamed file into the folder of the music tracks.

So you would hava a folder called Lil Wayne - The Carter III with all the track inside and also the folder.jpg too.

I hope that explains it better??

Maps tab seems to have an animation, under the search bar. I guess it uses some HTC API?

Skins seems to work with the new m2d.

Couldnt get footprints to work though. :S

Guest alvinezz
@ alvinezz

You have your images (cd/album art/cover), whatever format, name you have them as rename to folder.jpg.

For example...Lil Wayne - The Carter III would be renamed to folder.jpg . place the renamed file into the folder of the music tracks.

So you would hava a folder called Lil Wayne - The Carter III with all the track inside and also the folder.jpg too.

I hope that explains it better??

yeah thx =)

ive found the root of the problem.. iTunes apparently doesnt embed album artwork into the mp3 file .. so that the artwork of most of my mp3 files can only be seen in iTunes.. such a pain embedding manually each mp3 files.... =(

Guest spiike32

So I got manila 2d installed, customizer installed, and a skin. Everything looks great and almost seems to work great except the launch browser button. When you click it, it does nothing. Would this be an issue with the skin? or with the latest manila installation?

Other than this hiccup, the installation was smooth and easy.

Guest Michael122w
So I got manila 2d installed, customizer installed, and a skin. Everything looks great and almost seems to work great except the launch browser button. When you click it, it does nothing. Would this be an issue with the skin? or with the latest manila installation?

Other than this hiccup, the installation was smooth and easy.

Hi Spiike32 - I think it is the version of M2DC. I used the most recent version and had the exact same problem with the Internet page. But I reinstalled M2D and then used M2DC 0.17 and the interent page worked fine.

Guest alvinezz

hi guys,

can I use Omnia's original Touch Player instead of Audio Manager included in this Manila 2D (in Today's Music Tab)? if so, how to do that?

also, if this is possilbe, would like to know how to completely remove the Audio Manager?

Thank you.