All-in-one Manila 2D. Update 22 beta2 available

Guest sztupy

Guest Frankish
Sorry, Noob getting up to speed,

Copy Manila2D 19b all-in-one by SztupY.cab into My Docs on device,

then double click from there,

Installing on Main Memory, thanks for that tip, would have been another question,

Manila2D 19b all-in-one by SztupY.cab is showing on my PC as a winrar archive,

but its actually one big .cab?

With this,

do you still have to do the registry hack to get Wi-Fi working/

i.e.-

It's best to put it on My Storage (the .cab) and install to device memory from there. It is actually a big cab file but yeah looks like a WinRAR archive.

You don't have to do the WiFi thing because it doesn't install that part. It's better to use the Samsung Favourite Settings.

Guest robinhood1701
It's best to put it on My Storage (the .cab) and install to device memory from there. It is actually a big cab file but yeah looks like a WinRAR archive.

You don't have to do the WiFi thing because it doesn't install that part. It's better to use the Samsung Favourite Settings.

Frankish,

thanks for your help,

Hope to get my Omnia soon from Vodafone UK,

Hope to upgrade the ROM and get M2D working within the first fourteen days,

When you have the option to exchange,

Was undecided 'tween a Omnia or a Blackberry Storm till i read this,

and the VF Storm forum, some people on there are on their 5th or 6th replacement Storm handset!

WM may be pants, but it encourages people to come up with stuff like this,

Thanks again,

RH

Guest endursa

It shows a second appointment from the calendar on the homescreen!

at least i managed to get an all day and another appointment to show up

still try to figure out if there can be two seperate time appointments be shown

What does 22 has that 21 doesn't, except for Footprint, which doesn't work.

Guest smilepak

S2U2 does that already, so no biggie.

I am debating of hard reset and go with 21 or 22, can't decide which and if 22 is worth it or not

Guest andylyf

how do u get an all day and another appointment to show up?

me using ver19b.

Anyone know if it's possible (via the creator perhaps) to change the clock that comes with this to the clock that comes with the Touch Diamond?

Or is that particular clock just a part of the 3D one (ie. not possible with M2D)?

Keep up the good work! Lovin' it. :(

Guest carlito-85

hi every1

i don't know if this is the right place for this but i'm new so i'm asking this here 'cos i see that you are speaking of manila 2d :(

i have a cooked rom with build in manila2d but the weather tab is missing (WTF?!?!? B) )... can somebody provide a cab or a link to a cab that install the weather tab of manila2d???

ty

Guest johnny2678

I followed all the steps but the TOUCHFLO box never stays checked and my today screen stays empty. I have tried 19b and 21 with the same results.

What am I missing? This is on a i910

Guest alvinezz

hi guys,

im using Taril DXIA5 and sztupy's Manila 2D 19b all-in-one installer.. ive been experiencing a problem in AudioManager.. basically the problem is that I cannot use the buttons there (previous, pause, next buttons) and also I cannot swipe up n down to change the songs..

Anyone experiencing the same? Any solutions to this? thanks..

Oh btw, I am also using Max Dynamic Theme (Ferris Wheel) from

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...me/#entry943228

Hope someone can shed some light.. coz this problem is kinda annoying.. :(

Cheers

EDIT: Actually sometimes work, sometime doesnt.. make it weirder..

Edited by alvinezz

Guest Larnsky

Apologies if this is the wrong thread, but I have Manilla installed on my phone, which I got from this installer. I would really like to upgrade the version of Google Maps which it has integrated to the one which has Latitude integrated. Is it possible to upgrade this version of google maps or is it set in stone as it's an all in one installer.

Thanks in advance.

Guest scoiattolo
Apologies if this is the wrong thread, but I have Manilla installed on my phone, which I got from this installer. I would really like to upgrade the version of Google Maps which it has integrated to the one which has Latitude integrated. Is it possible to upgrade this version of google maps or is it set in stone as it's an all in one installer.

You can upgrade without problems... :(

Guest dsg29

Help beta test version 22

WWE (World Wide English / 0409) ROMs ONLY

If the language of your ROM is NOT english, then this installer won't work properly

If after installing the weather tab does not work and you can't add programs in the programs tab (crashes), then you DON'T have an English ROM

You might try finding localizations to M2D for your ROM version and install them to your phone. After that M2D might work with non-English ROMs too, but this is UNTESTED

(or try this: get the locale number for your country (English is 0409, Hungarian is 040E, etc.), then replace all files in the M2D install creator that have a ".0409." part in the filename with ".040E." or something similar. Some files might need some hexediting check the next section for a link for an automated hexediting tool)

You can hack non-English language files into an English ROM, to get the best from both worlds but this will decrease stability. Read more here

For big weather icons use the M2DU21 Install creator, or download them separately from here and copy them to the windows directory

M2D UPDATE 21 information

old post:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE for more advanced users --> SztupY's automated M2D all-in-one installer creator

old post:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE!

The followings are fixed:

* All people button does work

* Youtube button does work

* Communications button under settings does work and it will run Favorite Settings. You'll need to install either Favorite Settings (if you don't have it already installed) or Opal Commanager. I'd prefer the first.

DL link: http://winmo.sztupy.hu/m2daio.html

old post:

Hi!

Managed to create a Manila2d All-in-one cab. Tried out after a hard-reset and it works, I only had some minor bugs with it.

This installer includes: SharedDLL, Contactfix, HTC Album, Audiomanager, Outlook enhancements, Google Maps, Manila 2d (update 19b) + patch, MBarivan touchflo skin, youtubeplay, album and audiomanager fix.

This installer does not include: Comm Manager, PsiDOC Wifi-all

Current issues found so far (after a hard reset on a mostly-clean HL2 ROM):

* All people button does not work

* Youtube button does not work

* Communications button under settings does not work (because commanager is not installed)

* Wireless Networks button under settings does not work

* No link to google maps and youtubeplay under start menu

Things to do:

* I want to use Favorite Settings instead of Comm Manager, maybe I include a patch for this in a later release.

link: http://winmo.sztupy.hu/m2daio.html

Setup guide:

1. Hard reset

2. Disable everything on the today screen

3. Install opera if not installed (15233 should work fine)

4. Install M2D19b

5. DO NOT LET THE DEVICE GO TO STANDBY DURING INSTALL!

6. Set the theme and background (optional)

7. Soft reset

8. Enable Touchflo on the today screen

9. Enjoy

This is a beta release. Please test it and share your findings! I only tried it with a mostly-clean HL2 ROM, don't know whether it'll work with other versions/ROM's, but it should work with lufeig's lite ROM though (but this is untested).

Thanks for the all-in-one!

I installed it and the only bug I have is that the weather icons display off-center (horizontally)...Any suggestions on how to fix? Thanks.

Edited by dsg29

Guest dsg29

Help beta test version 22

WWE (World Wide English / 0409) ROMs ONLY

If the language of your ROM is NOT english, then this installer won't work properly

If after installing the weather tab does not work and you can't add programs in the programs tab (crashes), then you DON'T have an English ROM

You might try finding localizations to M2D for your ROM version and install them to your phone. After that M2D might work with non-English ROMs too, but this is UNTESTED

(or try this: get the locale number for your country (English is 0409, Hungarian is 040E, etc.), then replace all files in the M2D install creator that have a ".0409." part in the filename with ".040E." or something similar. Some files might need some hexediting check the next section for a link for an automated hexediting tool)

You can hack non-English language files into an English ROM, to get the best from both worlds but this will decrease stability. Read more here

For big weather icons use the M2DU21 Install creator, or download them separately from here and copy them to the windows directory

M2D UPDATE 21 information

old post:

UPDATE for more advanced users --> SztupY's automated M2D all-in-one installer creator

old post:

UPDATE!

The followings are fixed:

* All people button does work

* Youtube button does work

* Communications button under settings does work and it will run Favorite Settings. You'll need to install either Favorite Settings (if you don't have it already installed) or Opal Commanager. I'd prefer the first.

DL link: http://winmo.sztupy.hu/m2daio.html

old post:

Hi!

Managed to create a Manila2d All-in-one cab. Tried out after a hard-reset and it works, I only had some minor bugs with it.

This installer includes: SharedDLL, Contactfix, HTC Album, Audiomanager, Outlook enhancements, Google Maps, Manila 2d (update 19b) + patch, MBarivan touchflo skin, youtubeplay, album and audiomanager fix.

This installer does not include: Comm Manager, PsiDOC Wifi-all

Current issues found so far (after a hard reset on a mostly-clean HL2 ROM):

* All people button does not work

* Youtube button does not work

* Communications button under settings does not work (because commanager is not installed)

* Wireless Networks button under settings does not work

* No link to google maps and youtubeplay under start menu

Things to do:

* I want to use Favorite Settings instead of Comm Manager, maybe I include a patch for this in a later release.

link: http://winmo.sztupy.hu/m2daio.html

Setup guide:

1. Hard reset

2. Disable everything on the today screen

3. Install opera if not installed (15233 should work fine)

4. Install M2D19b

5. DO NOT LET THE DEVICE GO TO STANDBY DURING INSTALL!

6. Set the theme and background (optional)

7. Soft reset

8. Enable Touchflo on the today screen

9. Enjoy

This is a beta release. Please test it and share your findings! I only tried it with a mostly-clean HL2 ROM, don't know whether it'll work with other versions/ROM's, but it should work with lufeig's lite ROM though (but this is untested).

Guest shadowsjc
You can upgrade without problems... :(

i upgraded my google maps to v 3.0xx, but whenever i go to the maps tab of manila 2d (19b) it still opens the older version. the only way i can do it is to install the new google maps directly onto my phone memory, but this takes up a large amount of space. is there any way i can install the new google maps to the storage card and still have it show up in the maps search tab?

Guest doppelganger63
Hmm,

So using version 21, and m2dc, can I install another theme?

Because I'm loading the file, and m2dc won't show it.

That happens to me but it always loads even though there is no preview.

Steve

Guest TheDrizzle

I have 19b installed, and interested in going to 22... is it possible without doing an hard reset? (i'm guessing not, but I thought i'd ask the question...). I think I remember reading that this cab will not uninstall. Or can you just install 22 over the 19b and it will work?

Thanks!

Guest dsg29
Both works fine i910. Only set back is you've have very little spaces left on the main device afterwards. I had to delete some of VZ stuff, like Visual Voice Mail, VZ Apps, Mobile IM, etc to open up some space.

Thanks for the great info on your site!

Followed your advice and loaded the all-in-one from sztupy and it works great, along with the theme you showed:

manila2d_fixed.jpg

Only problem I am having is that the weather icons are displaying off-center, covering the current temperature. Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Guest bearhntr
Both works fine i910. Only set back is you've have very little spaces left on the main device afterwards. I had to delete some of VZ stuff, like Visual Voice Mail, VZ Apps, Mobile IM, etc to open up some space.

SMILEPAK,,

How did you remove all of those apps? I keep hoping that I can find a way to DUMP the ROM from my i910, and then use a KITCHEN to build my own ROM. The phone is beautiful..everyone that sees mine wants to keep it.

The M2D 21 that was created installed perfectly on my phone with one minor problem (that is mentioned as not working in the posts here - COMM MANAGER).

I had an HTC 3125, for which there are many, many ROMs built for, and the M2D which was in the last ROM on that phone was fast as lightning...and that phone only has a 195MHz processor. I do not understand why the version that I got from here (M2D 21) is so slow on the OMNIA's 624MHz processor.

Hopefully VERIZON will soon get the GPS stuff unlocked, and the phone will be "FULLY" functional....then we need some goos OMNIA i910 ROM chefs to build us some really kewl and super fast ROMS without all the Samsung BS apps.

THANKS AGAIN STZUPY!!!! Keep the releases coming.

Guest bearhntr

STZUPY,

Thank you for your posts and your work on the M2D21 package. I have downloaded it and installed it to my OMNIA i910. I have only a few of questions.

1) While it does work great on the OMNIA's touch interface, it seems a little slow to respond. I had a Cincular 3125 before going to the OMNIA and there was a chef on the XDA forums who had created a ROM for the 3125 that was as fast a lightning (even on its 195MHz process). The OMNIA i910 has a 624MHz processor, and the M2D application seems to hang most of the time.

2) I have noticed that when you change the SKIN from the original one that you put in your 21 package, the image does not cover the screen. It appears to be shrunk, and there are blank bands at the top and the bottom. How does one adjust the M2D so that the bands are gone? Do I need to look for something special when I download an M2D theme (.m2dct file)?

3) I have installed the M2DC customizer and it does work with your 21 install...however when you go in, to say turn off the ANALOG CLOCK, you have to turn off both the ANALOG and the DIGITAL clock then soft reset the device to get the ANALOG clock to go away. You can then go back into M2DC and turn on the DIGITAL clock and get ONLY the DIGITAL clock to come on. Is this a known issue?

Thank you again for all your hard work...and looking forward to your getting a perfect M2D package for the OMNIA i900 and the i910.

You are the greatest. :(

Curtis

Guest nujackk
yeah thx =)

ive found the root of the problem.. iTunes apparently doesnt embed album artwork into the mp3 file .. so that the artwork of most of my mp3 files can only be seen in iTunes.. such a pain embedding manually each mp3 files.... =(

not to hijack the thread but the godfather can do this for you

http://users.otenet.gr/~dtou20/