All-in-one Manila 2D. Update 22 beta2 available

Guest sztupy

is it possible to install different diallers, messaging apps and contact apps with M2D?

The dialer is Operating System specific, it is not connected to the M2D

The contact app can be changed via a registry edit (:SECCONTACT)

I don't know anything about replacing the messaging app.

Guest marcoin

Usage:

1. Download the package

2. Extract it to a directory

3. Download a skin for M2D (MobileMatt themes should work fine for example)

4. Copy the contents of the skin in the M2D directory.

What is meant by this? Content of skin means the photos of the skins?

5. Edit the HTCHomeSettings.xml (optional) How to edit this?

6. Run Create_Manila2D_installer.bat

7. If everything goes well you'll get a setup.cab. Copy to your device and install. See Manila2D U19b All-in-one install guide if unsure

8. Enjoy

Usage:

1. Download the package

2. Extract it to a directory

3. Download a skin for M2D (MobileMatt themes should work fine for example)

4. Copy the contents of the skin in the M2D directory.

What is meant by this? Content of skin means the photos of the skins?

5. Edit the HTCHomeSettings.xml (optional) How to edit this?

6. Run Create_Manila2D_installer.bat

7. If everything goes well you'll get a setup.cab. Copy to your device and install. See Manila2D U19b All-in-one install guide if unsure

8. Enjoy

1. The zip file contains a lot of files. The content of the skin means all of the files

2. You don't have to edit HTCHomeSettings.xml. But if you want to use notepad.

Guest alvaroesc

Hello. First, I really sorry for my bad english, I´m spanish.

I´ve installed the M2D, version 21, and it works perfectly except two things:

- weather widget: there is nothing in the screen: no cities, no weather...is empty.

- Launcher widget: when I press the "box with +", there is and error wich says; "problem with HTC_HDlg.exe".

Someone can help me, please?. Thanks.

Edit: sorry, I forgot to say taht I´ve an Omnia with spanish rom

Thanks again

Edited by alvaroesc

Guest marcoin

Hi I am confused. I have created setup cab and installed but the theme look the same as previous even though I have copy a mobilematt files into the creater to create the setup cab. Any better guide for me?

Guest vishalm

the defualt messaging app can also be changed by a reg change.

i dont know it off the top of my head, but could hunt it down if anyone is intrested.

Edited by vishalm

Guest alvaroesc
Hello. First, I really sorry for my bad english, I´m spanish.

I´ve installed the M2D, version 21, and it works perfectly except two things:

- weather widget: there is nothing in the screen: no cities, no weather...is empty.

- Launcher widget: when I press the "box with +", there is and error wich says; "problem with HTC_HDlg.exe".

Someone can help me, please?. Thanks.

Edit: sorry, I forgot to say taht I´ve an Omnia with spanish rom

Thanks again

Hi. I quote myself.

I.ve solve the second problem (the most important to me), changing the name of the file "HTC_HDlg.exe.0409" to "HTC_HDlg.exe.0CA0". Now it works fine.

I tried the same in the file HH_0409_wheathercity but it didn´t work.

Any idea to fix the first problem?

Thanks.

Guest deepside

Is it possible to install another GPS software using this install, and get it to come up where the current google mps is?

I want to remove google maps as it's likely using up memory, and I prefer to use another GPS software.?

Hi. I quote myself.

I.ve solve the second problem (the most important to me), changing the name of the file "HTC_HDlg.exe.0409" to "HTC_HDlg.exe.0CA0". Now it works fine.

I tried the same in the file HH_0409_wheathercity but it didn´t work.

Any idea to fix the first problem?

Thanks.

I think M2D has to be hexedited too for the weather tab (checked Manila2D.exe and htc_hdlg.exe, they both contain links to both HH_0409 and HH_xxxx. Try having both files!) But thanks for the first tip, I updated the front page, to add some localization information.

Is it possible to install another GPS software using this install, and get it to come up where the current google mps is?

I want to remove google maps as it's likely using up memory, and I prefer to use another GPS software.?

Maps tab uses google maps, that's why it's there. If you need an M2D lite edition, then install parts of M2D separately.

Guest dwallersv
Maps tab uses google maps, that's why it's there. If you need an M2D lite edition, then install parts of M2D separately.

Sztupy -- is the path to the GoogleMaps.exe app hardcoded into M2D, or is it a parameter in some XML file, ini file, registry, or something?

I have GM installed in My Storage and wiped it from Main Storage to save space. Of course the Location tab doesn't work now, and I haven't been able to figure out how to retarget it to the new location of the executable.

Sztupy -- is the path to the GoogleMaps.exe app hardcoded into M2D, or is it a parameter in some XML file, ini file, registry, or something?

I have GM installed in My Storage and wiped it from Main Storage to save space. Of course the Location tab doesn't work now, and I haven't been able to figure out how to retarget it to the new location of the executable.

First guess:

In manila2d exe I found this text "\Program Files\GoogleMaps\GoogleMaps.exe" So it seems it's hardcoded :'(

Fortunately the string is long enough to change it to "\My Storage\..." just don't forget to put a x00x00 at the end

Second guess:

I couldn't find any reference, but maybe (maybe...) M2D uses the .gmml file extension too to get the install location of GMaps. Use the registry editor to change the .gmml ([HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\gmm...) open application to seomething else.

There is also: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\kml and [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\kmz and [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{AB49C16E-1815-4fd9-945B-F42D862C598B}\InprocServer32

Guest OrThaDoX

I've installed the M2D 19b and it works great. However, there seems to be a bug on the Launcher's All Programs softkey shortcut.

I can only launch it once and when I relaunch, nothing happens.

Is there any way to fix this?

Previously, I can disable folderview to let the shortcut run properly but now, in the M2DC, I can't seem to find that option.

GUYS please help me. I Installed Manila 2D and it's great. But it uses the Windows Internal CALLLOG. I want to change this to iCOntact's calllog.

All I need to know is the EXE file of the internal WIndows Mobiel Calllog.

I can easily then manipulate links using: http://www.etechniker.com/index.php?option...102〈=en

But I also read somewhere that the internal Calllog is in a DLL file?

SO What am i doing, is there realy no way to change the HOME Tab's Call Log Softkey?

Guest alvaroesc
I think M2D has to be hexedited too for the weather tab (checked Manila2D.exe and htc_hdlg.exe, they both contain links to both HH_0409 and HH_xxxx. Try having both files!) But thanks for the first tip, I updated the front page, to add some localization information.

Hi!! Everything work fine now. I made a mistake, because is not "0CA0" like I said the second time, the correct way is "0C0A". And there is about 8 or 9 files named 0409, and I had to change all of them to "0C0A".

Hi!! Everything work fine now. I made a mistake, because is not "0CA0" like I said the second time, the correct way is "0C0A". And there is about 8 or 9 files named 0409, and I had to change all of them to "0C0A".

Thanks for the info!

Guest dwallersv
First guess:

In manila2d exe I found this text "\Program Files\GoogleMaps\GoogleMaps.exe" So it seems it's hardcoded :'(

Fortunately the string is long enough to change it to "\My Storage\..." just don't forget to put a x00x00 at the end

Second guess:

I couldn't find any reference, but maybe (maybe...) M2D uses the .gmml file extension too to get the install location of GMaps. Use the registry editor to change the .gmml ([HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\gmm...) open application to seomething else.

There is also: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\kml and [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\kmz and [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{AB49C16E-1815-4fd9-945B-F42D862C598B}\InprocServer32

Thanks man -- great help! I was stuck, having searched the registry, all xml files, etc. Didn't think to do a search on the executable.

I'll try changing the exe first and see if that works.

Guest m40turbo

Hey useing 21b and is great, but is there any way to get more locations in the weather program?? And to get more shortcuts in the internet options.

Default it's att google.com and youtube.. Can more bee added here??

Guest TheDrizzle

I used the 19b installer on my Vzw i910, and it worked great! I have a few questions, I was hoping some experts could answer:

1. I downloaded and installed M2DC and applied a theme. I can't seem to figure out how to go back to the default Diamond theme that the installer. Is that possible without having to do a straight re-install from the cab?
  2. Is it possible to change the shortcut associated with the clock to call the Samsung "world clock" app (the one that is called in the samsumg widget when you click the clock) instead of the WM "Clocks and Alarms" setting?
  3. Also wanted to know about both questions "m40turbo" asked.
Great work though, a lot of fun playing with this stuff!

Thanks