All-in-one Manila 2D. Update 22 beta2 available

Guest sztupy

Guest marcoin
I've installed the M2D 19b and it works great. However, there seems to be a bug on the Launcher's All Programs softkey shortcut.

I can only launch it once and when I relaunch, nothing happens.

Is there any way to fix this?

Previously, I can disable folderview to let the shortcut run properly but now, in the M2DC, I can't seem to find that option.

Yeah I encounter the same problem here. Anyone can provide link to this fix?

I used the 19b installer on my Vzw i910, and it worked great! I have a few questions, I was hoping some experts could answer:
  1. I downloaded and installed M2DC and applied a theme. I can't seem to figure out how to go back to the default Diamond theme that the installer. Is that possible without having to do a straight re-install from the cab?
  2. Is it possible to change the shortcut associated with the clock to call the Samsung "world clock" app (the one that is called in the samsumg widget when you click the clock) instead of the WM "Clocks and Alarms" setting?
  3. Also wanted to know about both questions "m40turbo" asked.
Great work though, a lot of fun playing with this stuff!

Thanks

Regarding your 2nd question, I've tried using the application SSMAPAP which does allow you to change the default M2D applications.

It does work in changing the application, I've changed the clock to open tclock(samsung world clock) instead but my skin gets all messed up and the soft keys go missing.

Anyone else having this problem? I'm on the i900 with qbus ROM.

Guest Daugvolf
Regarding your 2nd question, I've tried using the application SSMAPAP which does allow you to change the default M2D applications.

It does work in changing the application, I've changed the clock to open tclock(samsung world clock) instead but my skin gets all messed up and the soft keys go missing.

Anyone else having this problem? I'm on the i900 with qbus ROM.

SSMAPAP isn't compatible with the all in one installer from what I see. It's either the WQVGA resolution or it's an M2D version issue, like it may only work with v22

Guest shokka9
I used the 19b installer on my Vzw i910, and it worked great! I have a few questions, I was hoping some experts could answer:
  1. I downloaded and installed M2DC and applied a theme. I can't seem to figure out how to go back to the default Diamond theme that the installer. Is that possible without having to do a straight re-install from the cab?
  2. Is it possible to change the shortcut associated with the clock to call the Samsung "world clock" app (the one that is called in the samsumg widget when you click the clock) instead of the WM "Clocks and Alarms" setting?
  3. Also wanted to know about both questions "m40turbo" asked.
Great work though, a lot of fun playing with this stuff!

Thanks

To answer 1.

You need to, use M2DC to backup the current theme before doing any changes.

Guest TheDrizzle

Thanks to both moofus and shokka9 for responding. I actually found SSMaPa in another thread in this forum, and my experience was exactly like yours. I got the patch to change the clock path; but all my softkey shortcuts went missing. When I had SSMaPa uninstall it's patches everything went back to normal. So I guess i'm stuck with the WinMo alarm control panel for now, which is fine.

On the M2DC skin question, I was stupid and did not back up the original skin. I found a similar one on another thread about M2DC, but now my weather icons are off center (they look shifted to the left about 15 pixels) and the camera/camcorder/up/down icons are missing on my camera tab. I noticed I can still touch the icons (they are there; they work), but it's like they are colored the same as the background so they are invisible. Is this something I can fix by editing an XML document?

Thanks.

Edited by TheDrizzle

Manila2D Update 22 (1911) with HTC Footprints PRE-BETA

This is PRE-BETA software. I could only test it on a WM Emulator, so it might not even work on an Omnia

Handle with care. Older versions (especially the 19b) are MORE STABLE than this one

Skins made for 19b/21 WON'T WORK with this version

Only for TESTING! This release might HR-only your phone!

Hi guys!

Now that someone on xda has released the patched Manila2D 22 (1911), I went and packed them into the usual all-in-one cab. Unfortunately the omnia is far away from me, so I couldn't test it, but it works (with bugs) on a WM emulator. So this release is ONLY FOR TESTING PURPOSES. It might even HR-only your phone!

This version is a _real_ manila2D 1911, so it should be the latest one you'll get, with all the new stuff the newer manilas have (and of course with Footprints support). The original patch had some serious mis-signing errors, even signtool crashed when I tried to re-sign it properly, so I had to hexedit them a bit. HTC Album and Manila2D worked for me on the emulator, but HTC footprints and Audiomanager crashed. They _might_ work on the omnia, but I think they will crash on it too. Please try re-installing them from the link above, or try install an older version of audiomanager and let me know which version works. I won't get my hands on the omnia until the weekend, so I will only patch this updater blindly (but will test it on an emulator when I can). This cab contains the latest HTC Album, Audiomanager, footprints, M2D, and all the crap from the older versions of the AIO package (like outlook enhancements, HTC dlls, etc.). It does not contain other files from the link above, so you might to try them out too, maybe they help.

It seems that skins made for older versions (19b or 21) WON'T WORK with this version. I patched the Omnia Gold skin to work, but if you don't know what you're doing then don't try to install another skin. This patching still has some minor graphical bugs, but at least it works.

And of course: ONLY TRY IT WITH ENGLISH (WWE, 0409) ROMS!!!!!!

EDIT: New version DL link: http://winmo.sztupy.hu/m2daio/Manila2D22AIO_beta2.cab

(fixes Music tab, Footprints are disabled by default and fixed some graphical glitches (main screen+weather tab)

(the original, stable version can be found here: http://winmo.sztupy.hu/ )

Pictures:

post-465894-1233617993_thumb.png

post-465894-1233618006_thumb.png

post-465894-1233618323_thumb.png

Edited by sztupy

Good job! Keeping up with the whole TF2D for Omnia!

I wonder if it end up taking more space. The whole limited device space it is a pain.

v19.11 size is between v18.19 and v18.21, and after I get some reply I try optimizing it even more. Might try to create a lite version too someday.

Guest bobobird

Installed ok -

Issues -

Settings / Locations - does'nt work

Settings / Wallpaper - not on-the-fly, needs restart for new wallpaper to take effect

Weather - half screen only

Map Search - half screen only, and weird crossover gfx from other panels

Music - library and player buttons appear to do something but not sure what, main panel always at "searching"

Footprints - pic not rendered properly, footprints button not working, menu button - add not working, navigate to does nothing

Some pics

post-423930-1233622466_thumb.png

post-423930-1233622475_thumb.png

post-423930-1233622489_thumb.png

post-423930-1233622503_thumb.png

Installed ok -

Issues -

Settings / Locations - does'nt work

Settings / Wallpaper - not on-the-fly, needs restart for new wallpaper to take effect

Weather - half screen only

Map Search - half screen only, and weird crossover gfx from other panels

Music - library and player buttons appear to do something but not sure what, main panel always at "searching"

Footprints - pic not rendered properly, footprints button not working, menu button - add not working, navigate to does nothing

Some pics

Thanks for the info. It seems that AudioManager doesn't work... try reinstalling it with the latest (from the xda link) (or an older version from the original M2D thread). For the graphical glitches I hope someone with more skills in M2D skin editing will correct the errors, I think they're just small errors. I compressed GMaps with upx to gain more space, maybe that's why it won't boot... :'(

Footprints doesn't work for lots of other people either. I hope someone will release a proper fix (but again, maybe installing the latest youtube version with mHubVo will help)

Thanks again!

sztupy can you also post separated cabs for each m2d and footprints. or 1 cab for both?

please dismiss the audio manager ,htc album and google maps.

most probably xml needs editing for the theme.

Guest bobobird

Good suggestion sector

Btw - behaviour was same with or without that dll.

And no HR :) - uninstalled fine.

Edited by bobobird

Guest quizesilver

quick qns,

i am using taril's custom rom.

After installing all the stuff, i am having 60+mb of storage space.

do i need to hard reset?

I saw the instruction, i have opera build 15529. is it ok?

which version shld i use? there are 19B and 21.

thanks alot!

Guest shokka9

will download tonight and start on the xml, looks like some xml are out; also some other stuff looks wrong.

shouldnt be too hard to get running properly..(he says)

Thanks sztupy, sector and everyone else..

@ sector, surely you made progress on this??

quick qns,

i am using taril's custom rom.

After installing all the stuff, i am having 60+mb of storage space.

do i need to hard reset?

I saw the instruction, i have opera build 15529. is it ok?

which version shld i use? there are 19B and 21.

thanks alot!

no need to hard reset. Use 19b, that's the most stable atm.

@shokka :) i will try. i havent checked it in deep so much.

now i have to watch Heroes :D

NEW VERSION! (tested with WMemu)

Changes:

- Fixed some graphical glitches

- Footprints tab was disabled (and footprints were removed)

- Audiomanager/Music tab works now

Untested:

- GMaps might be still wrong

link: http://winmo.sztupy.hu/m2daio/Manila2D22AIO_beta2.cab

only 15MB!

Edited by sztupy

Guest Shadowy
U22 info: Music tab works after (re)installing the latest AudioManager! Seems I made a mistake repackaging it...

It doesn't work for me, either from the M2D tab or programs, audio manager won't open.

Also, photo manager always opens in landscape. Is that by design?

Edited by Shadowy

It doesn't work for me, either from the M2D tab or programs, audio manager won't open.

Also, photo manager always opens in landscape. Is that by design?

audiomanager: which version did you try?

htc album uses htc gsensor to get the actual orientation.

Edited by sztupy