New ROM update

Guest anacreontic

Guest mcwarre

Breaking news.....

"Fabric keyboard for your SPV. Adds full QWERTY keyboard to your SPV and folds neatly when not in use. NOTE : This product requires ROM update - available from "Orange Update" site imminently."

Definition from the COD.

Imminently: The Adverb form of Imminent (about to happen)

Example: The end of the world is imminent.

That's believable as well then!

Where did this April ROM update rumour come from? Is it just from that keyboard site? If so that could mean anything! Maybe that site was put up before the first update? Have Orange/MS hinted or said anythign about this? Everyone seems convinced it's happening, but I ain't seen anything to give me that impression...

Guest mcwarre

Orange CS have replied to me that there is an update "very soon" as they are now taking orders for the Keyboard they need to provide drivers for it. So not just a rumour, a pukka rumour!!!!!!!!!!

Guest wirefree90

Orange announced at MDC in Paris that the 1.5 ROM build will be available sometime in April/May the release for April came from the ORA webpage ???

What do ORA know about Orange ROM release dates ?

Guest mcwarre

ORA are O's official accessory reseller. They sell only branded accessories. They wouldn't be selling it without either

a. Orange's permission

or

b. Knowledge of when drivers being released.

Cos otherwise they would create themselves a lot of hassle....

Guest stewartwatson

Sorry to ask a totally stupid question but here goes...

ORA say the update will be available via "Orange Update" site. Does this mean via the Orange update app on the phone, or is it http://www.orange-today.co.uk/spv/, or somewhere else?

I just want my sodding Elektex keyboard to work, it's been dubbing as a very expensive ornament for two weeks now.

Guest mcwarre

Stewart,

I don't think that anyone knows, especially ORA / O. It isn't on either at the the Update or O's web at the moment.

I know how you feel about the expensive ornament!!!!

ORA haven't answered any emails. If you call them they say that it is not their responsibility. A*SE!

Guest xanadu

The last time I spoke to someone at ORA, they denied having anything to do with SPV accessories.

As the keyboard is not an official Orange accessory, then I doubt that Orange will be supplying an update for it :lol:

Guest mcwarre
The last time I spoke to someone at ORA, they denied having anything to do with SPV accessories.

As the keyboard is not an official Orange accessory, then I doubt that Orange will be supplying an update for it  :lol:

Sorry to disagree.

a. Might not be on the website, but Orange ARE taking orders for it.

b. The keyboard also has the official O logo on it. If it wasn't an Official O accessory then this would be copyright infringement.

goto www.ora.co.uk the SPV accessories are on the front page........

Guest mcwarre

Even microsoft are plugging the keyboard. Whats the point? IT DOESN'T BLEEMING WORK.

http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/catalog/de...a9583b01ae&pu=1

Orange SPV Portable Keyboard

ElekSen Limited

The Orange SPV Portable Keyboard is a soft, highly-durable leather-backed accessory for data entry and access. It includes smartkeys for accessing key SPV functions. It creates a mobile workstation, allowing the user to talk to a caller hands-free and to charge the SPV's battery with the Smartphone in the keyboard stand.

Easy to use, fold away keyboard

Hard-wearing and lightweight

Mobile workstation - talk and charge with SPV in the stand