QBUS Custom ROMs /DXID1-QB07 & DXID1-QB07M/

Guest qbus

Guest ronzo77

Got some questions on weather...

I display the m2d weather data in Celsius, and noticed that the weather icon in s2u2 displays values that are sometimes different by 1, has anyone else noticed this? I'm guessing it's some sort of rounding error when converting from Fahrenheit.

Also, and sorry for the noob question as I'm new to m2d, the weather panel has a '1/1', and on some other screen shots I noticed there are other screens on the weather panel... how do I get these?

And maybe it's just me, but the large graphics don't seem to update with every new day if I don't do online updates. My screen is still showing it's raining, but that was yesterday and today's prediction is sunny.

Thanks..

Hello everyone.

Well... since there is no answer, it is useless have it here.

DELETE please.

thanks

I'm using the Omnia, with a Portuguese branded ROM BBHJ2 for TMN (Portuguese Operator), and I am a Portuguese native, of course. :(

But with almost all technological stuff, computers and other devices, I like to use the programs, firmware's, Operative Systems and so on, in English language, but also have the option to use the Portuguese Keyboard layout.

The point is that I want to change to an English language ROM version, maybe this one by QBus, but I'd like to know if there is one of this English ROM's with the Portuguese keyboard layout?

As you know there are 7 ways to input text, 3 are the hand writing recognition (including the Trancriber), 3 are the Samsung Keypad, Keyboard and phonepad, and the 7th is the keyboard I'm talking about.

Of course I also want all of them operational in the new ROM, with the only remark being the keyboard remain with Portuguese layout, and the Samsung keyboard with all XT9 language dictionaries available like it is in my Omnia.

So...

1) Is it possible to change the keyboard layout to meat any other language configuration, like we do in windows?

2) If not, is possible to install the new layout even if the ROM does not provide it?

3) If not, is it possible to cook a English ROM with that Portuguese keyboard layout?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my, not so good English.

Btw, don't tell me to use one of the free or commercial available keyboards, I'm happy with the ones currentely available in the omnia.

Thanks

ukras

Edited by ukras

Hi i've just updated to your rom and it's working great! But only problem.. which is i can't run the opera mobile u included in your rom. When i click on opera, it runs but got stuck at the splash screen and doesn't open up the application at all.. Anyone got any ideas?

Guest ronzo77
Hi i've just updated to your rom and it's working great! But only problem.. which is i can't run the opera mobile u included in your rom. When i click on opera, it runs but got stuck at the splash screen and doesn't open up the application at all.. Anyone got any ideas?

Try going into M2DC, Internet tab, and selecting \Windows\Opera9.exe as the default browser.

how do you delete it if it's the current theme? the file will be locked in rom memory...

You are wrong.

Yes - files will be locked but only when they will be used by any process (like Manila). So disabling it from Today settings will do the trick.

When overwriting files in ROM you are only hiding them (so they can be restored after hard-reset) and this is possible using for example Resco Explorer or Total Commander CE. When you delete the new file, old one which was originally in ROM will apear again (this one can't be deleted or moved).

Guest ronzo77
You are wrong.

Yes - files will be locked but only when they will be used by any process (like Manila). So disabling it from Today settings will do the trick.

When overwriting files in ROM you are only hiding them (so they can be restored after hard-reset) and this is possible using for example Resco Explorer or Total Commander CE. When you delete the new file, old one which was originally in ROM will apear again (this one can't be deleted or moved).

hi qbus, thanks for the explanation. i discovered that for some reason, i could not delete those files in resco explorer, but i could delete using windows file explorer :(

Guest lipobay

Wifi Performance - QBUS DXIA2 QB05M Manila ROM - Your experiences?

Just a general query for those who have qbus Manila ROM installed and installed for at least a few days to determine its battery performance, especially via Wifi.

I find that it drains quite a bit when using the Wifi and especially when on BBC IPlayer and streaming with the Streaming Player.

Battey appears to last good and responds quick with the 3G/HSPDA connection, but Wifi I am finding poor compared to my last ROM which was Passosa's HK1 ROM (very good! - miss that guy!).

All else seems to work great.

Point to note: I always hard reset 1st before installing new ROM, then after having installed the new rom I hard reset again. I then let the battery drain, give it a full charge and then hard reset again.

Any suggestions?? Is there any Wifi fixes in the DXIA2 rom that may not have worked for me, if so anybody know how I could get them??

Hi Qbus,

your rom seems to be one of the best Roms for Omnia and I think it is perfect for me (almost clean ROM with all the original cabs to choose which install, among other things such as .NET 3.5 and FlashLite 3.1 integrated, etc.). Thanks a lot for your effort  B)

I opened your CSC and in the CSCConfig.reg I found that you included a lot of additions to the registry (it seem to be a full branch of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Comm\ of a working device) and you include a commentary that this is a fix to try to repair the connection issue. Is it a big issue? Can you explain which is the problem you are trying to solve? Is it wifi, bluetooth or gprs related to? And the most important, is it solved? :(

Thanks again!

Edited by 000edu

Guest kdavidyates

Thanks very much QBus for this ROM, seems very fast and stable so far. I have a couple of questions, my apologies if they have already been addressed, but I couldn't find answers in this thread.

First, I'm sure I remember seeing pictures of M2D installations where the internet tab has links to favourites as well as just the browser launch button (not just the favourites button at the bottom of the screen, but quick links to specific websites other than Google). Any way to do this?

Second, I have tried SSMAPA 2.43 to reassign the clock so it launches galarm or tclock. It works, but every time messes up the theme (text and some links seem to go missing). Is there a way of reassigning the clock on homescreen without messing up M2D?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give on this.

Guest kdavidyates

Just tried remapping the clock again but with both g-alarm and ssmapa on My Storage. Works fine this way, no loss of text or shortcuts.

Anyone know how to get favourites to show as buttons on the internet tab? I know this can be done by editing the registry - what I'm looking for is a way to get M2D to read opera's bookmarks. I read somewhere it can be done.

Edited by kdavidyates

Guest kdavidyates

Ok fixed this too for anyone who's interested. If you want M2D to display Opera bookmarks, type opera:config in the address bar, then under 'User Prefs' change the value of 'Opera Directory' to \Windows\Opera9. Reboot and M2D will display any site you bookmarked in Opera after the change.

Edited by kdavidyates

Hi Qbus,

your rom seems to be one of the best Roms for Omnia and I think it is perfect for me (almost clean ROM with all the original cabs to choose which install, among other things such as .NET 3.5 and FlashLite 3.1 integrated, etc.). Thanks a lot for your effort B)

I opened your CSC and in the CSCConfig.reg I found that you included a lot of additions to the registry (it seem to be a full branch of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Comm\ of a working device) and you include a commentary that this is a fix to try to repair the connection issue. Is it a big issue? Can you explain which is the problem you are trying to solve? Is it wifi, bluetooth or gprs related to? And the most important, is it solved? :(

Thanks again!

After hard reseting/flashing even if you select your operator settings there are problems with connection (via gprs and activesync). You have to enter operator settings and set it again. You would notice this issue for sure, so if you are asking I think that the answer is yes - it is solved.

Guest Emre SUMENGEN

Hi,

I've been using Qbus Manila2D rom (v05) and I'm actually happy with it, but have 2 things on my mind:

1) I've recently found out that the "Sounds" option at "Settings" tab of M2D don't work, at least for me. The screenshot is attached and I'm kind of pissed about it :( (Not that I use it, but) Is there anything that can be done about it?

2) I'd love to have the standard digital clock, like the one on the second attached image. I know that can be done by changing some files and stuff. Do anybody know which files I should change to get that default HTC style digital clock?

Thanks, and sorry if these are asked before... I tried to read all of the topic, but it's a long one (Thirty something pages, wow B))

post-434796-1235640648_thumb.png

post-434796-1235640660_thumb.png

After hard reseting/flashing even if you select your operator settings there are problems with connection (via gprs and activesync). You have to enter operator settings and set it again. You would notice this issue for sure, so if you are asking I think that the answer is yes - it is solved.

Thank you for your answer, qbus.

I installed DXIA2/DZIA2 from Secany and I didn´t notice any connection issues, but I think I reset the operator settings after the hard reset (I use to do). The only problem I found was that the standard "My ISP" profile was missing and that the wap operator profile (Vodafone Spain) was disabled (not able to modify it, but a change in the registry solved it) but working.

I will install your ROM this weekend, I think it is the best rom for our Omnias.

Guest Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia

Hi Qbus,

Youtube was played in Windows media player (if I remembered corrrectly) when opened from Opera. It NEVER did that before (always played within Opera). But now via a very good wifi connection it would not even open up the play window (the one with a play button).

Any idea how to make Youtube play again either within Opera or any other media players like WMP or TCMP (Streaming player may not work)?

Thank you for a fast and stable ROM, gotta love the x close and Home tab task manager.

Hi Qbus,

Youtube was played in Windows media player (if I remembered corrrectly) when opened from Opera. It NEVER did that before (always played within Opera). But now via a very good wifi connection it would not even open up the play window (the one with a play button).

Any idea how to make Youtube play again either within Opera or any other media players like WMP or TCMP (Streaming player may not work)?

Thank you for a fast and stable ROM, gotta love the x close and Home tab task manager.

YouTube files ARE opening in Opera.

Guest gianton
Can someone help me ... how to enable automatic lock when calling ? Is it possible with registry ?

You have to install Original Dialer .cab from the first post.

it gives an error in the download link(clean rom).please check it out..thanks

Thnx for info :(. I've just corrected links.

PS Manila Upgrade CABs are working. Other CABs possible also works but it's better to wait for upgrade.