QBUS Custom ROMs /DXID1-QB07 & DXID1-QB07M/

Guest qbus

Guest RoSoMaK
Maybe take a stand be require after installation with recording problem video hard reset

Qbus

If it will be in future version in black skin numeric dial ? B) and black samsung keyboard :(

THX

Guest crazyhorse1962

Hi,

After upgrade ROM flashing, my phone is stuck in RESTART LOOP. I can't get any thing done because before or after initial screen caliberation, it restarts immediately. I can use any help you can extend. I have tried reflashing many times but no hope in sight.Thanks.

Guest mashimus

Using QB06M at the moment, and while it's a great ROM, it's not perfect (for me at least). Just wondering if anyone else has these issues:

1. Wifi is unusable and keeps disconnecting (even when I'm right next to my access point). I'm sure this has something to do with the DXIA5 rom.. but then again it might be my phone's hardware issue. (I also had this issue with QB05M)

2. Manilla2D (touchflo) will usually "crash" when I'm using one of the bigger applications (Nimbuzz, Opera, Facebook app, SPB Traveller). When I quit out of any of these applications, I will find that the manilla process has ended and will have to restart Manilla by tapping the screen. (I also had this issue with QB05M)

Does anyone else have these issues?

Thanks

Guest komsa

hi QBUS i am using your fantastic QB06M ROM,it's fast,stable and nice for the eye.......thanks.I am wondering if you could cook(but first adapt for the Omnia) SRS WOW HD SOUND DRIVER and one more thing....can you resolve the annoying 3 sec volume delay when phone rings,it could be very nice and useful......

Thanks again...... :(

Edited by komsa

Guest newshlt
Using QB06M at the moment, and while it's a great ROM, it's not perfect (for me at least). Just wondering if anyone else has these issues:

1. Wifi is unusable and keeps disconnecting (even when I'm right next to my access point). I'm sure this has something to do with the DXIA5 rom.. but then again it might be my phone's hardware issue. (I also had this issue with QB05M)

2. Manilla2D (touchflo) will usually "crash" when I'm using one of the bigger applications (Nimbuzz, Opera, Facebook app, SPB Traveller). When I quit out of any of these applications, I will find that the manilla process has ended and will have to restart Manilla by tapping the screen. (I also had this issue with QB05M)

Thanks

I‘m using qb05m now,have no problem you mentioned, maybe it’s your sofeware or hardware issue?

I will flash to qb06m quickly.

Guest komsa

Thanks

i dont have the "issues"...WIFI working like a charm and manila tooo......i had issues with few bad manila skins so maybe it is the problem with your Omnia too.....try different manila skin and then try your WIFI etc.....

Guest mashimus

Thanks for everyone's replies on the Wifi issues..! I solved that one now.. it was my router. I changed some settings and now it doesn't disconnect anymore... ! :(

Still having issues with the Manila2D though.. it's weird... I'm actually using the original skin from QBus, so I'm pretty sure that's not the problem... maybe it's some programs I installed... I'll have to go through them one by one...

Guest mashimus

I think I found my Manila2D crashing issue... haha .. add more than 3 cities in the weather panel and you'll experience "random" crashes... :(

Edited by mashimus

Guest ronzo77

Hi QBus, thanks for your replies...

Yes. I don't remember which option was responsible for that but it's possible to fix it.

Might have to do with how S2U2 interacts with WinMo power saving options? I notice there are some settings in S2U2 that are duplicate in WinMo power settings.

No. This is Omnia's bug since I remember - by default there is an option to disable WiFi if phone goes to standby. You had to change this behaviour to keep WiFi connection while sleeping. Disable it and you will get no BSODs no more. Samsung should fix this bug but I think that they don't know how B) .

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that and see... :(

I haven't noticed such issue (but I'm not using music and photo tabs).

I found some other related posts to the issue of My Storage disappearing: here, and here and here

Again I suspect could have to do with S2U2 power settings...

Guest Too-Sexy

Hey Qbus, is there a way to remove the Samsung Full Screen Volume Control. I prefer using the default control when pressing the volume keys!

Thx again!

Guest psymon.jakarta

Hi qbus, great rom just a couple of questions. i cant find a data switch in the communications tab? and when i go to add programs in the programs tab the it dosn't show them all??

is there any way to change the default calander on the home screen to sbsh?

which registry editor do you recomend?

and is there a clean up prog you recomend?

thanks for all your help :(

Guest forelli

Thanks

The Wifi issue is a well-known one in Omnia, I had the problem with the official Samsung firmware (!). I've read somewhere that to fix it, you have to install SK Tools, the go to "Tune Up!", then look down the screen, there are tabs, locate "Network", then clik on "WLAN (or Wifi) 802.11G support", look on the top screen, down scroll to "Yes", then "ok" and your done! You'll be connecting to Wifi using the G standard, which is better and more powerful than the B. For the Manila issue, as long as I used Qb05m, I had only a crash problem with the weather tab when updating, which has been resolved after re-flashing.

Good luck

Guest mashimus
The Wifi issue is a well-known one in Omnia, I had the problem with the official Samsung firmware (!). I've read somewhere that to fix it, you have to install SK Tools, the go to "Tune Up!", then look down the screen, there are tabs, locate "Network", then clik on "WLAN (or Wifi) 802.11G support", look on the top screen, down scroll to "Yes", then "ok" and your done! You'll be connecting to Wifi using the G standard, which is better and more powerful than the B. For the Manila issue, as long as I used Qb05m, I had only a crash problem with the weather tab when updating, which has been resolved after re-flashing.

Good luck

Thanks for the tip..! :(

Guest sahus

Hello I'm a new owner of a samsung omnia. I'm from norway and my hardware on the phone is: PDA   : i900XBHJ2/XBHJ1

Telf.  : i900XBHI3

There are no firmware updates in norway to the phone. Can i still install this rom.

Qbus

If it will be in future version in black skin numeric dial ? :P and black samsung keyboard B)

THX

I don't plan to include it but you can install it by yourself.

Hi,

After upgrade ROM flashing, my phone is stuck in RESTART LOOP. I can't get any thing done because before or after initial screen caliberation, it restarts immediately. I can use any help you can extend. I have tried reflashing many times but no hope in sight.Thanks.

You're not alone. Please you "search" button to find solution on this forum.

Thanks

1. That has to be something with your access point, Omnia or compatibility between them.

2. This is not a "crash" - Windows Mobile unloads background applications when it needs memory from primary ones. When you start lots of memory eaters WinMo automatically kills Manila to make space for them.

hi QBUS i am using your fantastic QB06M ROM,it's fast,stable and nice for the eye.......thanks.I am wondering if you could cook(but first adapt for the Omnia) SRS WOW HD SOUND DRIVER and one more thing....can you resolve the annoying 3 sec volume delay when phone rings,it could be very nice and useful......

Thanks again...... :D

Any link to SRS WOW HD SOUND DRIVER? I can consider including it but only if this does not affect original functionality and does not create new bugs (like new bt driver).

3 sec delay problem is beyond my scope - you should contact Samsung about that :P. Cookers can't change the code of existing drivers/applications since we don't have sources for them. We can only do some hexediting but functionalities we can change by that are very limited.

Hi qbus, great rom just a couple of questions. i cant find a data switch in the communications tab? and when i go to add programs in the programs tab the it dosn't show them all??

is there any way to change the default calander on the home screen to sbsh?

which registry editor do you recomend?

and is there a clean up prog you recomend?

thanks for all your help :(

Manila is manila -> it is using Opal CommManager. If you want to have Samsung manager please use clean ROM. CommManager has sometimes problems with disconnecting connections on Omnia. You can always disconnect connection by tapping network icon on taskbar and tap DISCONNECT button.

Calendar (on Manila?) - yes, there is posiblity. Please use "search" button to find out the solution.

All RegEditors do the same - choose one you like the best.

I reinstall my Omnia so often that I don't need any clean up programs.

hey could u make a cab for the original samsung wireless manager? cuz in not use to urs.. thx for the great rom!

It is available in clean version. Manila uses Opal CommManager - this is by design.

Hello I'm a new owner of a samsung omnia. I'm from norway and my hardware on the phone is: PDA : i900XBHJ2/XBHJ1 Telf.: i900XBHI3

There are no firmware updates in norway to the phone. Can i still install this rom.

Yes, you can.

Hey Qbus, is there a way to remove the Samsung Full Screen Volume Control. I prefer using the default control when pressing the volume keys!

Full Screen Volume Control is a feature of DXIA5 ROM. I'm not able to satisfy everyone - if you don't like it then please use other ROM (Taril's for example) which has it disabled.

Edited by qbus

Guest mashimus
2. This is not a "crash" - Windows Mobile unloads background applications when it needs memory from primary ones. When you start lots of memory eaters WinMo automatically kills Manila to make space for them.

That explains it then... Do you know of any tools that can set a process to high priority?

Thanks!

Guest thinkaway
Honestly - I don't know :( but Taril suggests to upgrade to official DXHK3 before.

an excellent rom!!thank ur great job! B)

and if u can share the rom template with everyone,it would be splendid!

Hi qbus.Thanks for great job. Can I flash only Pda part with GrandPrix or I must flash it all?

Thanks

Edited by itar

Guest technology

Qbus:

Thank you for your great work, could you please tell us what is the deference between DXIA2 & BUIB1 when using in the phone version, and what is the best.

thanks

Guest psymon.jakarta

is it poss to get a data toggle in the comm manager? and is the beam toggle the same as bluetooth?

thanks

*edit* i have changed the comm manager to this one.

thanks

Edited by psymon.jakarta