QBUS Custom ROMs /DXID1-QB07 & DXID1-QB07M/

Guest qbus

Guest bmw528itonto
Qbus:

Thank you for your great work, could you please tell us what is the deference between DXIA2 & BUIB1 when using in the phone version, and what is the best.

thanks

Hi Qbus,

Any reply to this inquiry?

Many thanks...

Guest Andy'64

Hi QBUS :(

Thanks for your work, up till now I think your roms are the best. They have all the minimum parts to function OK, and at the same time all not necessery stuff is taken away. I am now using QB05M release, and it works very nice. I am thinking though, about upgrading to some newer edition, and so is my question:

When do you plan to cook a new piece of rom, because I can not decide, if I can use QB06M release, or maybe wait for something new, that can be released by you in some short period of time.

Looking forward to your answer. B)

By the way, did you think about integrating FingerKeyboard2 - public release?, it is very practical in everyday usage.

Edited by Andy'64

Hi qbus,

As BT audio fix is workable, would you be willing to make a new ROM icluding it?

Releases:

[1-Mar-2009] Release 3

Adds the FM Radio driver.

Known issues:

1. Device can only be woken up from suspend mode using the power button.

This is serious bug and BT audio fix won't be included till it's fixed.

Hi QBUS :(

Thanks for your work, up till now I think your roms are the best. They have all the minimum parts to function OK, and at the same time all not necessery stuff is taken away. I am now using QB05M release, and it works very nice. I am thinking though, about upgrading to some newer edition, and so is my question:

When do you plan to cook a new piece of rom, because I can not decide, if I can use QB06M release, or maybe wait for something new, that can be released by you in some short period of time.

Looking forward to your answer. B)

By the way, did you think about integrating FingerKeyboard2 - public release?, it is very practical in everyday usage.

Hi!

I don't have plans for new ROM yet - I'm waiting either for new original one or for any improvments and idaes (for example I'll include BT audio fix as soon as they fix problems with wake up button).

Guest gianton
This is serious bug and BT audio fix won't be included till it's fixed.

It seems to work in Khuanchai's latest 21176 which I tried also. I thought you had access of these files as well.

Guest kukujiao

Hi Qbus.

i have faced one issue.

When we sms, with Txt9 option, the dictionary bar above sometimes will be missing, u can see the bar is there however u cannot see the recommended words. You need to soft-reset sometimes to get it back.

B)

Guest Michael Pang

hi all,

thanks for the rom.

I have installed the M2D version. Is there anyone have the same experience as me?

I find that if I activated the M2D, my battery life has been shortened a lot -> 14hours to reach 20% battery

If I de-activated the M2D, my battery life become longer -> 17hours to reach 20% battery

I find that seems M2D uses more battery. Can anyone share this experience to me?

Hello qbus!

I'm using your QB06M Rom but I like to test FEWidgets for a while. Unfortunately after every soft reset TouchFLO is activated again and kicks FEWidgets. Any way to stop this behavior? Thanks!

Qbus:

Thank you for your great work, could you please tell us what is the deference between DXIA2 & BUIB1 when using in the phone version, and what is the best.

thanks

I don't know and probably no one except Samsung has this knowledge.

Hello qbus!

I'm using your QB06M Rom but I like to test FEWidgets for a while. Unfortunately after every soft reset TouchFLO is activated again and kicks FEWidgets. Any way to stop this behavior? Thanks!

Have you installed RotationService?

It seems to work in Khuanchai's latest 21176 which I tried also. I thought you had access of these files as well.

The files are publicly available on this forum. I don't see any update in proper thread...

Have you installed RotationService?

Yes, I have....ah, I see the problem...problem fixed, thanks for the hint! B)

If somebody else has this problem: Just disable "loading TouchFLO-plugin in portrait-mode" and set to "FEWidgets" (or whatever u like) in the config of RotationService :(

Guest psxfreak

Dear Qubus,

I wanted to flash my Omnia with your ROM and everything seemed to go fine until Step 4 of the flasing process. I hope i haven't bricked my phone B)

The green progress bar is still visible in my screen, but nothing else happens. Any help from you or another member would be greatly appreciated. I'll leave my phone connected in the meantime. This is the log from UserDownloader XP:

PDA Device Found!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA Device ready to download!

Please Press Start Button if You want to download image now...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

Commanding Device Large Disk Format...

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

EBOOT image downloaded.

PDA Reboot to download Eboot twice!!!

PDA Device Found!

Downloading EBOOT...

EBOOT image downloaded.

Step 2. PDA image Downloading

Downloading PDA region #1(DISKIMAGE)...

PDA Image Length : 88864467

PDA image downloaded.

Step 3. Customer image Downloading

Downloading CSC...

GetSize : 364544

CSC finished.

Step 4. Phone image Downloading

Downloading PHONE...

Switch USB to Phone Success...

Error! PhoneUSB Detect Failed

Port Create retry (25)

Port Create retry (24)

Port Create retry (23)

Port Create retry (22)

Port Create retry (21)

Port Create retry (20)

Port Create retry (19)

Port Create retry (18)

Port Create retry (17)

Port Create retry (16)

Port Create retry (15)

Port Create retry (14)

Port Create retry (13)

Port Create retry (12)

Port Create retry (11)

Port Create retry (10)

Port Create retry (9)

Port Create retry (8)

Port Create retry (7)

Port Create retry (6)

Port Create retry (5)

Port Create retry (4)

Port Create retry (3)

Port Create retry (2)

Port Create retry (1)

Port Create retry (0)

Download failed!!

Thanks in advance!

Greetz,

psxfreak

Guest ronaldb3

Qbus-

I may have found a small bug. Maybe you did this on purpose (ie, a feature, not a flaw B) ).

Under Settings/Connections/ the Wireless Manager shortcut calls /Favorite Settings instead of wrlsmgr.exe.

I would change this myself for me but I do not know how to get to the shortcuts in Settings.

Ron...

Guest Th3rmal

Qbus, once again, thanks for this rom B)

I have one problem tho, when i change the order of tabs using M2DC, all the links (inlcuding soft keys) on my browser tab stop working :S Restoring home xml to original file doesnt help either :(

Any solutions?

Guest npnck7
Dear Qubus,

I wanted to flash my Omnia with your ROM and everything seemed to go fine until Step 4 of the flasing process. I hope i haven't bricked my phone B)

The green progress bar is still visible in my screen, but nothing else happens. Any help from you or another member would be greatly appreciated. I'll leave my phone connected in the meantime. This is the log from UserDownloader XP:

PDA Device Found!

Please Press Start Button if You want to download image now...

Downloading EBOOT...

EBOOT image downloaded.

PDA Reboot to download Eboot twice!!!

PDA Device Found!

Downloading EBOOT...

EBOOT image downloaded.

Step 2. PDA image Downloading

Downloading PDA region #1(DISKIMAGE)...

PDA Image Length : 88864467

PDA image downloaded.

Step 3. Customer image Downloading

Downloading CSC...

GetSize : 364544

CSC finished.

Step 4. Phone image Downloading

Downloading PHONE...

Switch USB to Phone Success...

Error! PhoneUSB Detect Failed

Port Create retry (25)

Port Create retry (24)

Port Create retry (23)

Port Create retry (22)

Port Create retry (21)

Port Create retry (20)

Port Create retry (19)

Port Create retry (18)

Port Create retry (17)

Port Create retry (16)

Port Create retry (15)

Port Create retry (14)

Port Create retry (13)

Port Create retry (12)

Port Create retry (11)

Port Create retry (10)

Port Create retry (9)

Port Create retry (8)

Port Create retry (7)

Port Create retry (6)

Port Create retry (5)

Port Create retry (4)

Port Create retry (3)

Port Create retry (2)

Port Create retry (1)

Port Create retry (0)

Download failed!!

Thanks in advance!

Greetz,

psxfreak

Install samsung modem drivers. Do the process again.

Guest ronzo77

Hi Qbus and all,

I'm on QB05, wondering if anyone has seen this...

The top right portion of my touchscreen does not respond, so there is a tiny triangular area at the top right that cannot be pressed. When the stylus approaches this area the detection is 'magnetically' moved to one point right under the top right corner. To see what I mean, try to trace a line in m2d photo album viewer to the corners of the screen. I am seeing this in many apps.. VSPainter, Opera, and Java games do not detect the top right corner of touchscreen properly.

But I don't think my touchscreen is faulty because when I run the diagnostic *#0*# to test all is working fine. So I'm guessing it might be some common touchscreen driver that all the apps are using that is buggy.

Guest psxfreak
Install samsung modem drivers. Do the process again.

Hi, thanks for your reply! I already have installed the Samsung modem drivers before flashing. Do you maybe have any other suggestions? Thanks for your effort.

Greetz

EDIT: After deinstalling and reinstalling the modem drivers and a reboot i ran the flash utility two more times, the second time it flashed successfully! Also removed the SIM an SD, fully chaged the battery and performed a hard reset before flasing just to be sure. Anyway my phone is alive again B) Thanks.

Edited by psxfreak

Guest Michael Pang

Can anyone let me know what is the ConnectionManager of QB06? Is it the original Samsung one? i want to have the ConnectionManager from Samsung instead of the one from HTC.

thanks.