QBUS Custom ROMs /DXID1-QB07 & DXID1-QB07M/

Guest qbus

Guest ronzo77

Hi People,

I've asked this before but no reply, so I'm asking again.

On QB05M the top right corner of my touchscreen does not detect touch, leaving a tiny unusable triangular area. I think this is a software issue because the touchscreen works properly in the LCD diagnostics *#0*#, and also when I change from portrait to landscape, the top right problem follows the orientation.

I've just flashed to QB06M, without installing anything else except the 1st cab installer for Photos & Video and Music, and found the issue is also there.

Can someone please verify whether I'm the only one having this? If you have M2D Photos & Video installed, select any picture to view, then trace a line on the screen to the top right corner (you will see a white line following the path you trace). Can your touchscreen detect all the way to the top right?

Thanks for your help!

Guest tin_b0

Hi Qbus,

I upgraded my phone with you clean rom and now, the GPS does not work.

I am using GPS gate and it says that "data not received"...

I tried different COM but same problem.

Any suggestion ?

many thanks in advance...

Guest congerball

Good Afternoon

Firstly I am new to this forum so I suppose you could call me a noob, apologies if I'm going over anything previously discussed but I'm after some advice/pointers and hope one of you experienced ones can help. My Omnia is on Vodafone UK and is branded, the current version is ACHJ2. I updated to this version using the official Samsung site. I have downloaded the Samsung drivers. I am using XP. I have a couple of programs I installed to my Omnia...IGO8 and SoftKey Manager.

Basically I'm fed up with all the Vodafone branding, the widgets are rubbish, phone is sometimes 'sluggish' when navigating through menus...I want a change and I'm not waiting for Vodafone anymore (I understand all the risks involved), I have been looking at using a custom ROM, possibly with M2D already on it. Where do I start? Is it pretty straight forward? any pointers? Any help at all will be much appreciated.

Thanks again

Guest shokka9

@ congerball

Yeah, the Voda ROM is quite bad...to be fair the HJ2 is better than the HH1 you would of had before ( i had it for 2 weeks).

To be brutally honest, most of the ROMs within this forum will be satisfactory for you. You need to look at the lists of what is removed and added. Especially removed, you want a ROM that suits your needs.

qbus is a very good chef and anything he does is very good and of an excellent build quality. Same for sector, he is very good too. Khuanchai, PaSSoA all good. There are lots, even me....B)

Just think what you need from your ROM, then find the one that is closet to your requirements. Most stuff removed can be added as cabs later on.

It is all about personal taste and preference.

I wuold recommend qbus's M2D ROM for starters (seen as you in his thread), then see what you think. Once you start, you will be flashing your Omnia more and more often!!

Guest DJRedLine

@ congerball

It was me who provided you the links on the Voda Forum. Good to see another Voda user giving custom ROMS ago. B)

Best place to start is get hold of the DXHK3 ROM as this is required before you can try any of the custom ROMS.

I'm using the qbus QB06M ROM from this thread and can say that i'm very pleased with what i have got.

Guest congerball
@ congerball

Yeah, the Voda ROM is quite bad...to be fair the HJ2 is better than the HH1 you would of had before ( i had it for 2 weeks).

To be brutally honest, most of the ROMs within this forum will be satisfactory for you. You need to look at the lists of what is removed and added. Especially removed, you want a ROM that suits your needs.

qbus is a very good chef and anything he does is very good and of an excellent build quality. Same for sector, he is very good too. Khuanchai, PaSSoA all good. There are lots, even me.... B)

Just think what you need from your ROM, then find the one that is closet to your requirements. Most stuff removed can be added as cabs later on.

I wuold recommend qbus's M2D ROM for starters (seen as you in his thread), then see what you think. Once you start, you will be flashing your Omnia more and more often!!

Your reply is really appriciated, thankyou very much. I will have a good read first then I'm going to go for it.

Guest congerball
@ congerball

It was me who provided you the links on the Voda Forum. Good to see another Voda user giving custom ROMS ago. B)

Best place to start is get hold of the DXHK3 ROM as this is required before you can try any of the custom ROMS.

I'm using the qbus QB06M ROM from this thread and can say that i'm very pleased with what i have got.

Yes thanks for your advice DJRedLine, I'm going to do it this evening, will be downloading the ROMS today. Sorry if this is a silly question....so to start with I need a copy of the DXHK3 ROM, where can I get hold of this? then follow instructions as posted and update my Omniia with the ROM, after this I can upgrade/flash to any custom ROM I choose, have I got that right!? Thanks again

Guest cgshyun

halo ,

may know how to change the song tittle Chinese Word in Music Page ??

bacoz now are showing the Chiese Word is not the real word ...

thank

Yes thanks for your advice DJRedLine, I'm going to do it this evening, will be downloading the ROMS today. Sorry if this is a silly question....so to start with I need a copy of the DXHK3 ROM, where can I get hold of this? then follow instructions as posted and update my Omniia with the ROM, after this I can upgrade/flash to any custom ROM I choose, have I got that right!? Thanks again
You will find it in the Taril ROM thread, though according to the instructions because you have HJ2 you should be able to flash any custom ROM. My girlfriends Omina is HH7 so I need to flash the DXHK3 ROM first.

Guest ronaldb3
You will find it in the Taril ROM thread, though according to the instructions because you have HJ2 you should be able to flash any custom ROM. My girlfriends Omina is HH7 so I need to flash the DXHK3 ROM first.

Congerball - do you know the codes for the roms numbers?

First two letters are country code (there is a long list somewhere on this forum)

Next, For HH3 or HJ2 or HK3 or IA5

First H is for year = 2008. I = 2009.

Next is month. A to L. H=8=Aug. J=10=Oct. K=11=Nov. A=1=Jan (with year =I for this year)

Next number (1 to 9) = release for that month.

Sorry If you already know this, but maybe info for others.

Ron...

PS-You have HJ2 which seems ok with the "cutoff" month of HJ? (taril's instructions). (But flashing with HK3 first would not hurt.)

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest congerball

Thats how I read it but I'm not 100%....can I get this confirmed please then I can crack on!!!? Thanks again for helping a noob, very helpful.

Guest tingchung_chin

after a week plus plus usinbg Qbus' ROM, i really love it, everything very great, as i din install G-Alarm and the BT fixed, probably this won't trigger any wake up problem. Tried some other custom ROS as well, but feel like too much self preferable programme. In conclusion, Qbus, your ROM ROCK!!!!

hopefully we'll get more new update in your latest ROM (saw your blog, welcome back!)

Guest tingchung_chin
@ congerball

qbus is a very good chef and anything he does is very good and of an excellent build quality. Same for sector, he is very good too. Khuanchai, PaSSoA all good. There are lots, even me.... :(

Totally agreed, his M2D icon in every tabs is really workable, not sure WiMo 6.5, hope his next release will fix lot of bugs and make more enhancement to our phone B) :( :(

Guest camalot

Bluetooth seems to be broken on this rom.

I can send via bluetooth to other people, but when people try to send me a file, it just says "failed" on their phone.

Tried everything, beam and bluetooth are both on and set to receive.

Using QB06M

Edited by camalot

Guest Maxwell Newton

This is getting a bit old now, anyone know where the most up to date full Manilla rom is, with the new youtube app for example?

Thanks guys,

Max

Guest wilkolak

hi,

I am using this ROM for a while now and i have noticed one problem (not sure whether it is ROM related or some other issue).

After using a GPRS for some browsing or IM my phone gets very slow. What i noticed that the process - services.exe takes 100% of the processor and makes my phone almost unusable. The only solution i know now is soft reset.

Is there anything else i could do to fix it. Could it be a ROM issue or more like something with the process file ?

Thx

Guest komsa

QBUS thanks for your excellent ROM's....i am wondering can you integrate the titanium theme from WM6.5 in one of your DXIA5 lite ROM's

(without touch flo) or atleast if its posible,made a cab for titanium theme so we could install it on your lite ROM......thanks again...

Edited by komsa

Guest congerball

Hello

First of all I just want to say a big thank you to all who helped / advised me on how to flash my branded Vodafone Omnia....I've finally got the phone the way I wanted it! So I have begun installing useful programs that I want....I used to have IG08 installed on my previous version....I now want it on my new ROM...I installed it last night but when I restarted the phone there is a IG08 'graphic' displayed where the clock/call history/calendar was displayed, also 'slide bar' at the bottom had gone. Now as it was late I just wanted to get the phone back to the way it was so I uninstalled IG08, then went into the 'today settings' > 'items' and ticked 'TouchFLO'......all back to normal..Happy but no IG08. So I'm sat at work now thinking what I did wrong.....hoping its something really simple!!! Any ideas?

Thanks

noob

Guest maad11
Hello

...I installed it last night but when I restarted the phone there is a IG08 'graphic' displayed where the clock/call history/calendar was displayed, also 'slide bar' at the bottom had gone. Now as it was late I just wanted to get the phone back to the way it was so I uninstalled IG08, then went into the 'today settings' > 'items' and ticked 'TouchFLO'......all back to normal..Happy but no IG08. So I'm sat at work now thinking what I did wrong.....hoping its something really simple!!! Any ideas?

Thanks

noob

Try this: Install Igo, go to Settings/Today/Items and uncheck the IGO today plugin - make sure that the only plugin "checked" is the "TouchFLO".

Hope this helps