QBUS Custom ROMs /DXID1-QB07 & DXID1-QB07M/

Guest qbus

Guest JeroldRaven

Hello!

I am new in this custom ROM thing, and I am really not happy with the official Samsung release (DXIA5), I am planning to use this QB06M ROM. Can anyone please tell me how to 'flash' the rom in my omnia, what are the difference with the QB06 and QB06M and also what is Manila 2D? hehehe I am really a newbie at this one.

Also please include the risks, and the known issues for this ROM. And if ever the Java sound thing (where I can't choose to enable sound in Java games) is fixed. Thanks! :excl::D:D:D:D

Guest ionfist
Maybe try the trick that was advised for the DXIA5 based Roms:

This is a quote from some other topic, maybe this helps...

Regards

I did that countless times, with no luck, i really can't understand why now is not working. I've tryed Pocket live TV and it works, ofcourse is using media player to streem. I don't know whats the problem.. 

Guest Robbie1970

Guys im pretty new to this scene, pcs are a piece of cake but this is new.

Folowing guides here i managed to get my vodafone orig upto this firmware. Its 1 million times better than bloated stocks stuff but i have encountered a slight prob.

On the tabs lower on the screen ie home, people, weather etc i seem to have lost a few tabs when i go into the md2 settings i cant even select them there not there.

any ideas or solutions welcome.

bob

Guys im pretty new to this scene, pcs are a piece of cake but this is new.

Folowing guides here i managed to get my vodafone orig upto this firmware. Its 1 million times better than bloated stocks stuff but i have encountered a slight prob.

On the tabs lower on the screen ie home, people, weather etc i seem to have lost a few tabs when i go into the md2 settings i cant even select them there not there.

any ideas or solutions welcome.

bob

You can find what you need in first post of this thread :excl:.

Guest forelli
You can find what you need in first post of this thread :excl: .

Welcome back Master Qbus, good to see you here again :excl: . Is there a QB07 or QB07m on the way, or will you only get busy with WM6.5?

Welcome back Master Qbus, good to see you here again :excl: . Is there a QB07 or QB07m on the way, or will you only get busy with WM6.5?

Currently I have no time to cook 6.5 ROMs (and honestly I'm waiting for stable non-beta SYS).

I see no point to cook QB07 until new official ROM will arrive or new improvment come to my (or someone's else :excl: ) mind.

I'm still using QB06m everyday - it's stable, fast and meet my common needs for now :excl:.

Currently I have no time to cook 6.5 ROMs (and honestly I'm waiting for stable non-beta SYS).

I see no point to cook QB07 until new official ROM will arrive or new improvment come to my (or someone's else :excl: ) mind.

I'm still using QB06m everyday - it's stable, fast and meet my common needs for now :excl: .

To be honest ..

this is by far the best ROM. I have tried many roms since August .. but i did not come back to any of them except your roms.

6.5 is still buggy as you mentioned ..

I wonder if SAMSUNG will release an official rom woith 6.5 ??

Guest hamansan

Hi,

Newbie here. I have problem flashing this toQB06/QB06M ROM.

My problem is that when i tried to flash the ROM, i got this massage:" cFile: Open Failed."

I guess the problem lies when i try to upgrade to Samsung official rom. When i extract the original DXIA2, i got this message " C:\WINDOWS\system32\Command.com. C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\S32EVNT1.DLL. An installable Device Driver failed. Dll initialization. Choose "close" to terminate the app".

Instead of choosing "close" i chose "ignore' and my phone was updated with the latest official ROM.

My notebook is on XP. What should i do next?

Thanks.

Guest ThroNiX

From trying the DXIA5 rom of taril im gonna try yours Qbus, just to try something new. Hopefully it suits my demands. Im gonna install the clean version and try to get M2d working fine with using the all-in-one-installer.

Keep up the good work and im looking forward to see more!

Guest HammerNL

With the file explorer I navigated to some pictures, but when you open them, it opens the media album but is isn't showing the picture?

Guest andylyf
With the file explorer I navigated to some pictures, but when you open them, it opens the media album but is isn't showing the picture?

you can view individual photo files by tapping on them using HTCalbum as default program.

Its just the parameters being set wrongly.

IF U HAVE ADVANCED CONFIG INSTALLED

once u enter advanced config, choose menu

then choose more settings

then choose file associations

look for bmp, png, jpg, tiff files extension.

enter the following commands \Windows\HTCAlbum.exe %1 (FOR HTCALBUM TO BE DEFAULT)

enter the following commands \Windows\pimg.exe (FOR WINDOW DEFAULT PICTURE VIEWER)

it will do the job also

Guest nv1271

QBUS:

I've been using this ROM since it came out and I'm very happy with it. Is it possible to incorporate the BT Fix in this ROM. Thanks

Hi.

I need help on installing Manila Full Upgrade Part 1. I need instructions on how to install. Don`t know what to do?

Download... and install :excl: (like any other CAB file).

I have a question about phonebook. Why are there no letter shortcuts on top like in previouse version? (ABC DEF GHI ..).

Becouse Samsung change the way phonebook works.

Guest Jackson_X

Hi QBUS!

Great thanx for your work!

This is the 2nd rom Ive used & its yours like 1st =) Very nice!

What do you think about new TouchFlo 3D ver 2.0 ?

Is there are any chance to add it to our device ?

Thanx for reply in advance!

Guest mascasel

Power.exe and hsdpa.exe doesn't have any icon when I create a shortcut in Wisbar Advance Desktop(or other today programs). Any solution?

I use Clean ROM.

Edited by mascasel

Guest yoluca

hey qbus thanks for the manila lite rom ... rns very nice and i like it alot.

i sill have a few questions for you ...

wonder if you can add :

the htc black dialer as default, like this one here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=396505

for keyboard i only use the resco one so u can leave only the s.keyboard (no need for block recognizer, keyboard,s keypad, s phonepad,transcriber)

no need for any games

htc calculator

htc calendar >>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=485178

and maybe make manila2d original black skin the default one like on any htc phone.

thanks in advance.... if you cannot do this very custom rom then maybe you can point me to the right direction so i can start doing it myself ...hope no need to :excl:

ps. keep up the good work ... thumbs up for you rom

Edited by yoluca

Guest bmw528itonto

Nice to hear from you again Qbus.

Posted earlier some concerns but was able to solve them with a hard reset.

Edited by bmw528itonto

Guest yoluca

wonder if someone knows how to link

1.calendar menu to - Thumbcalc

2.all people - to Vito Fun Contact

3.all messages - to Vito SMS-Chat

4.add the youtube icon to the internet tab

5.make photo and videos able to detect photos from camera folder (my Storage\DCIM)

thanks

Guest maad11
wonder if someone knows how to link

1.calendar menu to - Thumbcalc

2.all people - to Vito Fun Contact

3.all messages - to Vito SMS-Chat

4.add the youtube icon to the internet tab

5.make photo and videos able to detect photos from camera folder (my Storage\DCIM)

thanks

Ad.1

In ThumbCalc, go to Menu/Extras/Settings and "check" (mark) the "Set as default calendar" setting - works for me perfectly.

Ad. 4 Use your favorite Registry Editor and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/HTC/Manila2D/InternetWidget/Customized/CustomizedCount and change the value from 0 to 1, if you go to key "O" you can also change the path to your favorite youtube player, the icon, etc. Restart the Manila afterwards.

Hope this helps

Guest yoluca
Ad.1

In ThumbCalc, go to Menu/Extras/Settings and "check" (mark) the "Set as default calendar" setting - works for me perfectly.

Ad. 4 Use your favorite Registry Editor and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/HTC/Manila2D/InternetWidget/Customized/CustomizedCount and change the value from 0 to 1, if you go to key "O" you can also change the path to your favorite youtube player, the icon, etc. Restart the Manila afterwards.

Hope this helps

hey thanks for the ThumbCalc tip, it works.

dont know why i cannot add the youtube icon ... tryed so many times ...i`ll give up :D