QBUS Custom ROMs /DXID1-QB07 & DXID1-QB07M/

Guest qbus

I can't run videos in Opera still. Like youtube etc. I thought they worked with this ROM?

Sure! I am able to open all of the videos from youtube and other video services (just take a look at first screen).

Guest murymury
Ah so you want to restore chineese language?

That is not so easy - there were some registry entries and lots of other files removed by me...

But you can use i900Executor application and do the following:

1. Extract my rom to get PDA.BIN

2. Get original Customer_CSC

3. Use i900Executor to combine original CSC with my PDA.BIN

This application is really easy to use - you can found it on sztupy's threads.

i have a question everytime i drag pda.bin to extractrom.bin.bat the extracted oem rom is empty. how do i extract it.

Guest carry93

Hi Qbus,

A salute from Asia. I am new here and first to flash ROM from Modaco. Thanks indeed for your great work.

I have flashed it today and it is smooth and successful! Cool!

I have come across with a few issues and see if you can give me some advice.

1. Clear text - Since I read Chinese, it is better view to disable Clear Text. But I find that whenever I reboot the machine, the Clear Text enable again. Should I disable it via some Reg edit tools? May I know if anyone else have the same issue?

2. I find the Chinese character are not sharp at all and some Hong Kong local character cannot be displayed, but a square box displayed. Can you please advise me which file(s) I should install so that it can be displayed better?

3. Operator Settings in Connection Tab - Since I am in Hong Kong, I change the regional setting to the most appropriate one to China. Yet, there is no item availalable in the Operator Settings Tab. I also notice that there is need to toggle the operator to make the wifi, activesync, bluetooth work but I can't find any entry here. Do you know if there is anyway I can install / get the list for the providers here in Hong Kong or Asia Pac?

Thanks again for everything!

Guest afropoet
Hi!

I've just cooked two another ROMs for our brilliant phone. Someone could ask - why should I bother?

There are many ROMs on the "market" but all of them have some issues. They contain additional software (the problem is when new version of 3rd party tool comes out - we waste a space then), they are stripped too much (FM Radio is the example - you can't install it from CAB becouse of drivers issue), they don't have Flash Lite 3 and/or .NET 3.5 etc.etc.

The best ROM so far in my opinion is the newest one by Khuanchai (which was in fact released after I'd started to cook my ROMs).

I've decided to try to create my own ROM which will suite my needs but later I've realised that I can release it to the public in two versions - clean and Manila Lite one.

So the common things about this two are:

- .NET 3.5 and FlashLite 3.1 integrated (which makes Samsung Widget impossible to run on them but Opera can nativly open movies for example from YouTube);

- All applications which are not needed for the proper work of the telephone/pda were removed (so FM Radio was left) - you can always install what you need from CAB files;

- HTC TaskManager 2.1 integrated in both of them;

- Removed buggy Volume Control;

- Disabled automatic lock when talking;

- I haven't changed Windows Mobile version becouse it can potentially create bugs and the benefit of it is questionable;

- GPS Extra has synchronize on WiFi connection disabled - this was causing GPRS connection to start after WiFi disconnection;

- Long pressing end call button is set to disconnect GPRS connection by default

(to restore default behaviour enter Settings->System->Buttons->End key and change option to Lock device).

- and some other minor things...

The Manila Lite one contains all of the tabs which don't need external applications (so Audio, Photo and Location tabs were removed). If you want to have full Manila the best way is to install it on clean one from All-In-One CAB file which you can find on this forum. I liked Khuanchai's Manilla theme so much that I've used it in my ROM (I hope he don't mind).

The memory available after the installation is shown on screenshots (Manila one has less free memory then Khuanchai's ROM becouse I haven't remove Samsung PhoneBook and other Samsung phone apps). Both ROMS are based on DXIA1 and have DXLH3 phone part.

REMEMBER! Since this is based on DXIA1 ROM after the installation you have to go to Connection/Operator Settings option in Control panel select other operator then yours, accept it then enter the option again and change operator to yours. If you don't do that you will have problems with ActiveSync/Internet/Wifi. It is also adviced to choose automatic option in Browser Connection Settings.

The screenshots with black titlebar are from Manila ROM and with orange titlebar from clean ROM.

QB02a/QB02aM Release:

Changes:

1. Fix for not updating battery icon on taskbar

2. Fix for sending files via bluetooth

I recommend to upgrade to this version as it fixes some issues which are impossible to repair without flashing...

If you want to have small fonts like in first version of ROM modify following registry keys:

[HKLM\System\GWE\Menu\PopFnt]

Ht=880

Wt=640

2. Settings -> System -> Large Display -> Uncheck Use Large Start Menu

3. Settings -> System -> Screen -> Text Size -> Slide to Normal

Links:

Clean ROM:

http://rapidshare.com/files/183062250/i900-IA1_QB02a-HL3.7z

http://www.mediafire.com/file/attuzxgqt2w/...A1_QB02a-HL3.7z

Manila Lite ROM:

http://rapidshare.com/files/183064508/i900-IA1_QB2aM-HL3.7z

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mydjzdlinty/...A1_QB2aM-HL3.7z

QB02/QB02M Release:

Changes:

1. Restored big fonts in menus/taskbar

2. Restored accidently removed tests (sound configuration was not working in QB01/QB01M).

To get missing tests just download the file below and to get big fonts follow the instructions which are also posted below.

However I recommend to upgrade to QB02a/QB02aM becouse of other bugfixes.

Fix for not updating icons on taskbar:

Change the [HKLM\Security\ResOver\Bitmaps] BaseDll value to OverrideIcon.dll.

This will restore the original taskbar icons but the battery icon should start to update correctly.

Sending files via bluetooth - unable to fix it without flashing with QB02/QB02aM versions.

Links:

Please use later versions.

QB01/QB01M Release:

If you want to restore the big fonts do the following:

1. Edit registry values:

[HKLM\System\GWE\Menu\PopFnt]

Ht=1100

Wt=800

2. Settings -> System -> Large Display -> Check Use Large Start Menu

3. Settings -> System -> Screen -> Text Size -> Slide to Largest

For the missing tests please extract following archive to \Windows directory on your Omnia:

http://rapidshare.com/files/182726797/PDATests.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/imxydi17nyc/PDATests.zip

Links:

Please use later versions.

CAB Repository:

- Touch Player (DXIA1)

http://rapidshare.com/files/182809701/Touch_Player.cab

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xzajjwjj5sm/Touch Player.cab

BIG thanks to all of chiefs here - mainly Khuanchai, Sztupy, Lufeig, PaSSoA, Sector. THANKS GUYS!

Hello,

I have the first DXIA1 ROM working. Can anybody could confirm that I could upgrade without flashing?

Thanks in advance.

htcomniajl8re4.th.jpg

hey sys_error or anyone else know where i can get these weather graphics from, they look smaller than usual which i have been looking for as some pics cover text on screen thnx

Hi Qbus,

A salute from Asia. I am new here and first to flash ROM from Modaco. Thanks indeed for your great work.

I have flashed it today and it is smooth and successful! Cool!

I have come across with a few issues and see if you can give me some advice.

1. Clear text - Since I read Chinese, it is better view to disable Clear Text. But I find that whenever I reboot the machine, the Clear Text enable again. Should I disable it via some Reg edit tools? May I know if anyone else have the same issue?

2. I find the Chinese character are not sharp at all and some Hong Kong local character cannot be displayed, but a square box displayed. Can you please advise me which file(s) I should install so that it can be displayed better?

3. Operator Settings in Connection Tab - Since I am in Hong Kong, I change the regional setting to the most appropriate one to China. Yet, there is no item availalable in the Operator Settings Tab. I also notice that there is need to toggle the operator to make the wifi, activesync, bluetooth work but I can't find any entry here. Do you know if there is anyway I can install / get the list for the providers here in Hong Kong or Asia Pac?

Thanks again for everything!

1. I've read about Clear Text problems on many forums and many ROMs. Don't know how to fix it (maybe create a script which will disable clear text every omnia startup?)

2,3. Unfortunatelly I'm not able to help you as I don't know nothing about Chinese fonts/operators :). The only thing I can suggest is to create your own settings directly in Omnia (I believe this is possible as every phone [even non Windows Mobile based) I've seen had the posibility to do so.

How to change digital clock in this rom that it will be bigger and in the middle of the screen ?

- Download attachment

- Unrar

- Copy files to pda

- Disable TouchFlo on Omnia (Start/Settings/Personal/Today/Items)

- Use Total Commander and copy the downloaded files to My Device/Windows (overwríte all)

- Enable TouchFlo

Enjoy!

(Sorry my bad english)

Clock.rar

How can i change the color of the HTC Task manager icon on the home screen? I tried changing the image files but there's still no change :D

u might wanna uninstall it from ur phone, reboot, then install it again....if still not working, then do a hard reset......care to share ur new color icons? :)

Hi qbus

Will this be able to replace the calender on M2D to say thumbcal's tasks and show tasks instead of calender on M2D screen?

Calendar yes, but if tasks are something different then calendar entries the answer for second question is unfortunately no.

Edited by qbus

Hi qbus

I am using your great QB02, ut I need to add the CycleBT program , which was in the Tools forlder in most of the Roms . Can you tell me where can I get it as stand alone ?

many Thanks

Guest twentyone
Hi qbus

Will this be able to replace the calender on M2D to say thumbcal's tasks and show tasks instead of calender on M2D screen?

By the way there is a setting within thumbcal that replaces the built-in calendar without the need of external program - give it a try, works fine for me.

Guest natzakaria
By the way there is a setting within thumbcal that replaces the built-in calendar without the need of external program - give it a try, works fine for me.

Yes that I am aware and currently using that same method. But I would like to 'see' the tasks displayed. Is there a way around it?

Guest carry93

Hi qbus and all,

I think I have a stupid question but I cannot solve it. So want to seek some advice.

I find there is no way to change the ringtone. What I see is only "default ringtone", I have copied some wma file to my device\windows but got no way to be chosen. Can anyone please advise?

Thanks.

Hi qbus and all,

I think I have a stupid question but I cannot solve it. So want to seek some advice.

I find there is no way to change the ringtone. What I see is only "default ringtone", I have copied some wma file to my device\windows but got no way to be chosen. Can anyone please advise?

Thanks.

use mp3 format. and create my ringtone folder in my storage

Edited by Lancez