Beta now available: PocketGPS Speed Cameras for AppToDate

Guest PaulOBrien

So I downloaded both CABs. Installed them both and then kick off AppToDate. It downloads the speed camera file but when I check the OV2 files in TT nothing has changed. Am I missing something?

Guest Paul (MVP)

No, it doesn't have to exist, it will be created if it doesn't (e.g. I just did a test build to \Storage Card\Cameras and it created the Cameras directory).

P

Guest Neil5459

OK- working well here for iGO8 !

Although I have a licensed copy, I've used the workaround to install it on my XDA Flint (HTC X7510) flash disk. iGO8 uses the 'UK- Consolidated by Type' file to give individual text files for the different camera types.

Installation Location: \Flash Disk\igo8\content\speedcam

List of files: 288

Went through the usual 'Uninstal previous version' routine and the file seems to have updated correctly! (I already had the up to date files in the folder, but the update has copied a couple of extra files included in the ZIP, but not required by the program, so I know something's happened!)

Neil

Guest Paul (MVP)

A new Beta version is now online!

I strongly recommend you UNINSTALL your previous version, and re-deploy.

Changes in the new Beta...

- You can now have multiple CABs installed, e.g. if you wanted one for TomTom, one for CoPilot, one for iGo etc.

- You can now specify in the web form to only include certain file types (e.g. .csv,.bmp)

Coming before the full release...

- Testing with an update published by PGPS

- Option to generate the initial install as a .EXE for installation on a tethered PC rather than a .CAB

- Option to delete specific files (maybe)

- Testing of payment system

As always, feedback welcome, and don't forget the start page is at http://www.apptodate.org/pocketgps/start.html ! :)

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

You can now opt to have your generated CAB / EXE include a camera database, thereby negating the need for the initial first ATD check should you choose.

This has the added benefit that if you don't want to use AppToDate (for example you might have a device without web access), then you can just use this form as a deployment tool.

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

The payment system is now in place! If you would like to help test it, and would like to continue using the software post-beta, please make a payment of at LEAST £1 (choose an amount based on the value you feel it brings to you) using the button in the post below!

Thanks!

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

Planned wording...

This application is part of my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - and therefore can be purchased at a price that YOU feel is appropriate, as long as it is at least £1! :)

x-click-butcc.gif

The purchase process is completely automatic - simply click to make a PayPal payment and enter the amount you would like to pay. You will then receive an e-mail confirming your purchase and providing more details on how to use your 'quidapp'. Please note, if you pay less than £1, you will NOT receive your licence... :D

Guest Gavin Bell
Planned wording...

This application is part of my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - and therefore can be purchased at a price that YOU feel is appropriate, as long as it is at least £1! :)

x-click-butcc.gif

The purchase process is completely automatic - simply click to make a PayPal payment and enter the amount you would like to pay. You will then receive an e-mail confirming your purchase and providing more details on how to use your 'quidapp'. Please note, if you pay less than £1, you will NOT receive your licence... :D

That's my £1 paid - excellent App BTW !

Guest Neil5459

Paypal test payment made here- all went through smoothly and I was taken back to the MoDaCo webpage with the 'You will receive an email' message.

Will try the new Beta later.

I use iGO on 2 different devices, with different target folders. Do I need to buy the application twice to acheive this?

Guest Paul (MVP)
Paypal test payment made here- all went through smoothly and I was taken back to the MoDaCo webpage with the 'You will receive an email' message.

Will try the new Beta later.

I use iGO on 2 different devices, with different target folders. Do I need to buy the application twice to acheive this?

No... :)

P

Guest pete_thomson
Functions i'd like to add...

- Specifying which files are included (e.g. only .bmp and .ov2)

This would be handy - I've found that the update overwrote my custom icons "the .bmp files" with the standards.

An option of "custom icons installed - y/n" would be handy and then if it's yes it would not overwrite the .bmp files.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.