WM6.5 Clean optimized ROM based DXIA5 -> SPB Mobile Shell 3 v6411

Guest sector

Sector do you maybe know why when I change theme on SPB 3 it only changes color of today but not of the SPB3 ? But I tried now your K1 version and install SPB3 and now is working .... strange

Edited by Urbi

Guest dreamer84

Hey guys, hope u can help me...

On the first page it says this...

Before upgrading any cooked rom it is advised to flash from the original samsung site the latest rom. Latest now it is DXIA5.

Do i need to upgrade my rom to DXIA5 before i flash this SPB3 cooked rom?

I´ve got a rom called XBHJ1 is it possible to flash this new cooked SPB3 rom right away or do i need to flash DXIA5 rom before i flash this new cooked rom ?

Edited by dreamer84

Guest sector
v4 works great!

had to go into settings > system > finger mouse > 4-way navigation and select that option before d-pad action press started working. Other than that great out of the box experience.

One strange thing though is that I haven't seen the new honeycomb menus anywhere, just the original side-by-side icons. Also have 3 different types of today screens is kind of weird: 1. windows today screen 2. windows 6.5 today screen 3. spb mobile shell today screen.

I think the MSN widgets should be removed, they are slow, have bad UI and don't add anything (like MSN weather, we already have weather in 6.5 homescreen AND spb mobile shell).

I'm still on HJ1 phone rom, should / can I update that too?

you have to go to settings - large display and uncheck large display.

Hi Sector,

Just about to flash your new SPB ROM (I knew you would do one as soon as it was released :excl: )

One question: for customisation of preferred apps (eg SMS-Chat instead of WM6.5 threads, ThumbCal instead of SPB diary, etc), is it a good idea to use VJBrisk?

Do you have any experience using VJBrisk? If it works, maybe you could cook a ROM with a user set-up that allows the user to set the apps he wants to use the first time the ROM is installed, and writes the VJBrisk scripts automatically once the user has pointed to the correct exe in the correct folder. Just an idea......??

i know that thumbcal overwrites the default windows application.

i have no idea idea about sms-chat cause i dont use it.

i have tried before vjbrisk but i prefer a small app the us1111 created long time that works the same.

i think it will be better to modify the shortcuts urself than me as users use diff programs.

Guest bouboule

Hi,

How to have Agenda One instead of the defaut agenda.

Whe i click on a date (on the SPB MS 3 panel) i want to go directly to Agenda One ! Possible ?

Thanks

Guest sector
Sector do you maybe know why when I change theme on SPB 3 it only changes color of today but not of the SPB3 ? But I tried now your K1 version and install SPB3 and now is working .... strange

it works for me mate. i can change to any color...

Hey guys, hope u can help me...

On the first page it says this...

Before upgrading any cooked rom it is advised to flash from the original samsung site the latest rom. Latest now it is DXIA5.

Do i need to upgrade my rom to DXIA5 before i flash this SPB3 cooked rom?

I´ve got a rom called XBHJ1 is it possible to flash this new cooked SPB3 rom right away or do i need to flash DXIA5 rom before i flash this new cooked rom ?

it is recommended but if u feel confided that it can be flashed without any problems any custom rom you can do the straightforward method.

Guest sector
Hi,

How to have Agenda One instead of the defaut agenda.

Whe i click on a date (on the SPB MS 3 panel) i want to go directly to Agenda One ! Possible ?

Thanks

what is Agenda one?

Guest miles_muso

Hi Sector,

Loving SPB3!! One small problem - I can't find the menu item to switch off the Enhanced USB connectivity, which I need to do otherwise my activesync won't sync. I'm sure it used to be in Settings, but I can't find it anywhere now! The USB icon just gives me a choice of ActiveSync or Mass Storage. I REALLY need to turn off the enhanced USB setting! Is there a reg tweak that would disable it permanently?

Guest sector
Hi Sector,

Loving SPB3!! One small problem - I can't find the menu item to switch off the Enhanced USB connectivity, which I need to do otherwise my activesync won't sync. I'm sure it used to be in Settings, but I can't find it anywhere now! The USB icon just gives me a choice of ActiveSync or Mass Storage. I REALLY need to turn off the enhanced USB setting! Is there a reg tweak that would disable it permanently?

i think it is USB to PC.

play with the tick or untick. i will try to see if there is a reg

Guest dreamer84

Sector this is one awesome Rom ! we are lucky to have people like you making our phones that much more super duper :excl:

Well i´ve got a few questions for you Sector. :excl:

Does this work on this rom?

1:

-----1. Install NetCF3.5 on your ppc. (Allready installed on this cooked rom by sector)

-----2. Open a registry editor, I use Reso Regsitry Editor

-----3. Goto HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework (this is usually the first entry

-----4. When you open this you'll see the .NET installed version, Change the DWORD value of 3.5.7283.00 from 0 to 1.

-----6. Reboot

-----7.Viola! you have a faster PPC

When i look at my regsitry after my rom flash i see that the value of 3.5.7283.00 is set to 0 so is it not better to set it to 1 ??? :excl:

2:

When using the WM 6.5 UI it seems im not able to connect to AccuWeather? it says "No Internet?".

I have my Wifi turned on and i'm able to surf the internet.

I'm not really sure what to type when it asks for Zip or Location code???

3:

Each time i restart my Omnia the white keyboard is the default, and that really sucks because the Samsung Keyboard is my favorite keyboard to use, is it possible to set the Samsung Keyboard as default?

4:

Is it possible to download this skin and use it on your SPB3 version4 Rom?

Link = http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=504716

Alot of questions Sector! hope you got time to anwser them :excl:

Edited by dreamer84

Guest sector
Sector this is one awesome Rom ! we are lucky to have people like you making our phones that much more super duper :excl:

Well i´ve got a few questions for you Sector. :excl:

Does this work on this rom?

1:

-----1. Install NetCF3.5 on your ppc. (Allready installed on this cooked rom by sector)

-----2. Open a registry editor, I use Reso Regsitry Editor

-----3. Goto HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework (this is usually the first entry

-----4. When you open this you'll see the .NET installed version, Change the DWORD value of 3.5.7283.00 from 0 to 1.

-----6. Reboot

-----7.Viola! you have a faster PPC

When i look at my regsitry after my rom flash i see that the value of 3.5.7283.00 is set to 0 so is it not better to set it to 1 ??? :excl:

i dont kno what this value do but i suggest to leave it as it is. i dont think this makes ur phone faster...

2:

When using the WM 6.5 UI it seems im not able to connect to AccuWeather? it says "No Internet?".

I have my Wifi turned on and i'm able to surf the internet.

I'm not really sure what to type when it asks for Zip or Location code???

it should work mate. works on me. check ur router settings on security.

3:

Each time i restart my Omnia the white keyboard is the default, and that really sucks because the Samsung Keyboard is my favorite keyboard to use, is it possible to set the Samsung Keyboard as default?

go to Programs and open IMSelector. Select there your default keyboard and it will work.

4:

Is it possible to download this skin and use it on your SPB3 version4 Rom?

Link = http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=504716

please check my other thread on 2nd post about clean wm6.5 rom and i have ported it to wqvga.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...esearch-thread/

Guest sector
You don't know ? :excl: i'm sad !!

Developer One - Agenda One

http://www.developerone.com/agendaone/index.htm

What agenda do you think it's better to use ?

I like Agenda One but i know only this one (manage category, colors, etc ..)

Have a good day and thanks for your works

never used it and i never will i think :excl:.

i prefer thumbcal. http://thumbapps.com/web/pages/thumbcal/overview.php

Guest js4tda

Thank you sector for this rom works great registered spb3 nice interface. Problem no internet I have searched and cannot find tmobile full internet settings only tzones. Can anyone help? I did do backup with Sprite but when I restore iy reverts to spb2 that I had runnung and still no internet. Thanks for your help.

Guest sector
Thank you sector for this rom works great registered spb3 nice interface. Problem no internet I have searched and cannot find tmobile full internet settings only tzones. Can anyone help? I did do backup with Sprite but when I restore iy reverts to spb2 that I had runnung and still no internet. Thanks for your help.

maybe need to put them manually or check tmobile site.

i dont think it is a good idea to revert from an old version and i think also settings from wm6.1.

Guest js4tda

maybe need to put them manually or check tmobile site.

i dont think it is a good idea to revert from an old version and i think also settings from wm6.1.

[/quote

I have reflashed and have your rom going again. This is only the second rom that I have flashed the first being way back with Paols first rom. I did manually put them in but still no go. I can only find the settings for the tzones and not the full internet service that I have on my plan. I have the edge icons both small and big but no connection. I did the internet2.voicestream apn ans also the wap settings for mms still no go on both connections. Does some one have the settings for tmobile full internet? I have searched hi and low and can only find the tzone even on tmobile site.

Guest GodsGift

Sector,

I have used all your 6.5 roms up to K1 and have had SPB MS3 working on it.

However, have now flashed to this ROM and now SPB MS3 doesnt auto start on reboot.

There isnt a setting in MS3 to auto start so whats different between a normal install and the cooked version?

(btw thanks for all your hard work on this and other ROMs)

GG

Guest GodsGift
just copy the spbmobile.lnk from \Windows\Start menu\Programs\ to \Windows\Startup\

ta thanks ... but of course!!! D'oh

but was automatic on your other rom.... maybe because i installed after flashing.

Thanks sector.

Much appreciated

GG

Guest sector
ta thanks ... but of course!!! D'oh

but was automatic on your other rom.... maybe because i installed after flashing.

Thanks sector.

Much appreciated

GG

just forgot to add the autostart link.

cause to make this to OEM pgk requires a diff approach :excl:

anw i think we are cool till now.

Guest geobart

Sector, just one question before flashing ...

in your file, i have everything to flash (i mean custom ROM, W6.5 + SPB 3) or i need to flash with another rom before (i actually use an "old" M2D04 :excl: )

thx for your great job !!!

Guest sector
Sector, just one question before flashing ...

in your file, i have everything to flash (i mean custom ROM, W6.5 + SPB 3) or i need to flash with another rom before (i actually use an "old" M2D04 :excl: )

thx for your great job !!!

no ur ready to rock! :excl: