WM6.5 Clean optimized ROM based DXIA5 -> SPB Mobile Shell 3 v6411

Guest sector

Guest pp56825

Sector, it's very good rom, spb it's also preaty amaizing

but looks that SPB is utilizing a lot of power, that my first impression. do you have same edition of ROM with M2D instead of SPB MS?

PS. A long time ago i update my ROM with M2D, was there any BIG changes in M2D design and functionality?

two more things:

- is there any way to replace phone button with spb dialer?

- how to set spb home as default/on windows 6.5 startup, I have try to install spbwatcher but its not working?

Edited by pp56825

Guest Menifestozz

Sector, do u have any release with M2D? I kinda love M2D than SPB. Just curious thats all. Hope you can release M2D version. :D

Guest senru

Hi Sector,

A question. I have flashed my omnia to your ROM. But everytime i switch off the device and switch it on again, It will behave like it has just been flashed. I would have to keep re-applying all my settings.

any idea why?

i followed your instructions on your first post.

Guest Nhialor

Hey, when I downloaded and installed this, my optical mouse is now unsupported. When I open a new screen it disappears! When i click it appears but opens whatever it was clicking, which I can't see because I couldn't see it!

Guest Skythra

I updated using this and its working well 90%

I use vodafone in australia and no longer does Opera or Internet explorer connect to the internet. Mail and Weather update send recieve etc fine. I can talk on MSN messenger to contacts. Opera and Internet explorer time out no matter where.

Is there some kind of DNS setting which is wrong? I'm playing around but i'm not really sure what i'm looking for but my guess is that MSN and email (for hotmail) and the weather application probably connect to the IP (maybe) and therefore when opera or IE try looking up the domain name they time out.

Anyway, yours is the first custom firmware i've used and i'm very impressed :D thanks for the experience. Hopefully I can change the connection info for vodafone au and get it working.

PS: I had hard reset the phone before flashing and hard reset straight after flashing. I tried it again but didn't change anything special.

edit:

100% working after fiddling with operator. Switched to optus as my provider left it for a few mins and reset the phone, came back and changed to vodafone again and left it for two mins reset the phone, and everything worked. Who knows could have been just poor timing with some kind of vodafone issue anyway.

Edited by Skythra

Guest waren

Hi Sector,

Will it work with igo8 gps software, fring and other voip software as I am currently using this. Does it fix the lock screen problem during talking. Currently I am using taril's DXIA5 rom.

Thanks

Brian

Guest jazz198X

closing (minimizing) text messaging on this rom causes so much lag that even hardware buttons won't rotate screen or open task manager in time to inspect the system behaviour for possible trojans. it renders omnia useless for a couple of minutes (every time). i am having 2000+ SMS in history, but there was no such lag in version i900XXHHC/PNHHC even with LOTS more active software installed (though that one killed the battery fast even without the xtra sw).

also, i had installed WiFiRouter on this ROM and wireless suddenly dissappeared from the wireless manager after reboot - app wouldn't remove, so hard reset helped.

i am very happy with my omnia, happier than with any phone till now, but i am sad to have found the most usefull key to be the reset key.

Guest jazz198X
Hi Sector,

Will it work with igo8 gps software, fring and other voip software as I am currently using this. Does it fix the lock screen problem during talking. Currently I am using taril's DXIA5 rom.

Thanks

Brian

it will work with igo. i use talkonaut in place of fring. it does not lock screen during talking.

Guest petar_b
what exactly does Pakko's camera fix doing, l have searched trou forum but no luck....??

Pako camera fix should reduce jpeg compression. However, I don't see difference between "old" and new photos on my phone. I wish that he has put compression to 10% or even less for "high quality" setting of camera.

Guest petar_b

Is it possible to "control" touch sensitivity when typing on screen. I have feeling that screen is less sensitive after upgrade. Is there hidden menu or something to fine tune this ?

Thx !

Guest gheorghe vasile

Hello sector. This project of yours is dead? Please you can make again roms with ms3 pls pls pls. thx&good luck.

Guest miles_muso
If i make roms with SPB3 i wont share time on configuring it.

You have to do it by yourself.

we will see...

Hi Sector and others,

Well, sad to say that my Omnia was stolen 4 weeks ago - I work on a cruise ship and another crew member took it. I know who it was, he knows that I know, but I can't prove it (we searched his cabin but he'd already taken it ashore in Turkey and sold it - what a b**tard!!) Anyway, the insurance company came through with the money and I bought a new one from eBay which was delivered to the ship a week ago. In fact, the one that was stolen was 8GB but my new one is 16GB, and it cost me less than the insurance company paid so I did alright in the end (maybe I should buy a drink for the guy who stole it!!)

Anyway, I've been off this forum for a while now so I want to know if anything is new with SPB Shell and your ROMs. I have installed your DXIA5_21210_SPB3v4 ROM, which I think is the current one, and I also have Spb MS 3.0.1 installed (although under 'Settings->About' it tells me that it is version 3.0.0, build 6411 - is this correct?)

Do you have any plans for more updated ROMs? Is there any new firmware from Samsung, or more developments with WinMo6.5? Also, does anyone know if there are any skins yet for SPB MS 3?

It is very expensive for me to use the internet (I use a satellite link from the ship which costs £10 for 2hrs40mins) so it would be very helpful if I could have some help with these questions on this forum, rather than having to browse pages and pages of internet sites looking for the correct info.

Anyway, best wishes to Sector and all my forum friends and I look forward to hearing from you guys soon.

Regards,

miles_muso

(proud owner of a brand new 16GB Omnia !!)

Guest meabigbaldguy
can i use this on my omnia i910?

NO! DO NOT FLASH THIS ROM, OR ANY OF THE ROMs IN THIS SECTION OF THE FORUM ON YOUR I910! ;) DOING SO WILL BE DISASTROUS FOR YOU. For i910 ROMs, please go to the ROM section dedicated to the i910... link is located directly underneath the link for this section. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest edoedo

Hello guys, i´m kinda new on this, and have been reading almost everithing about the flashing steps

I just got a simple question.

I want to check this ROM, My cell came with " HH3 " FW, then I updated ( FLASH ) to " DXIA5 "

To check out this ROM, is the same process ( HARD RESET, before a flash, right? )

So, what if for " any reason ", I would like to change this ( sector) ROM to another " cook rom " or Official ROM ( like DXIA5 )

Is the same process?

Actual ROM (DXIA5) --> Hard Reset ---> SECTOR ROM / THEN ---> H.R.---> XX Rom ? ( cook or official )

Or betweem Cooks roms I have to flash into a official ROM, before flash into another cook one ??

Or is OK to flash from cook to cook rom ??

Thats all, I just wanna make sure I can move around ROMS easy, and dont brick my phone ( I know the risk anyway :/ )

Greetins from Mex. pretty nice Forum guys.

• 1 month later...
Guest 1dr0p0ut4

Hi Gurus...

Anybody here encounter that when the you unlocked (awaken) the device a third party contact manager pops-up? :D

Edited by 1dr0p0ut4

• 3 months later...
Guest Dekay99

Hi all!

Installed this Rom. Works great, stable and fast. (Specially after i had to reset my Omnia twice a day with the previous RoM).

Bravo Sector.

I was wondering whether installing a newer version of SBP menu would be a problem?

Anyone dit that?

Greetz,

Dekay99

Guest Dekay99
Hi all!

Installed this Rom. Works great, stable and fast. (Specially after i had to reset my Omnia twice a day with the previous RoM).

Bravo Sector.

I was wondering whether installing a newer version of SBP menu would be a problem?

Anyone dit that?

Greetz,

Dekay99

Guess what. I just did it. Updating this rom to Spb mobile shell to v3.5 works fine.

Greetz,

Dekay99

• 4 months later...
Guest GesaugeN

Oh God: this is kind of rom that I was looking for: a rom with SPB shell!

sector, u mega man with godly powers of controling omnia, please PLEASE make new wersion of this rom with more adjustments and fixes!

Guest Alien-Tech
Oh God: this is kind of rom that I was looking for: a rom with SPB shell!

sector, u mega man with godly powers of controling omnia, please PLEASE make new wersion of this rom with more adjustments and fixes!

Why don't you flash your Omnia with an UL or Titanium Classic (Than disable titanium shell) and than just cover it in SPB Shell? It works perfect and you'll have much more freedom in configuring it yourself! Afterward you can dress it in Naong, HTC Express or Skin 4.5....... whatever suits you. I think you won't find much followers for the SPB Shell (trial) cooked in. Registered version cooked in would be against the politics and laws, but there are some sites when you could find even those.... I think ;)

Guest GesaugeN
Why don't you flash your Omnia with an UL or Titanium Classic (Than disable titanium shell) and than just cover it in SPB Shell? It works perfect and you'll have much more freedom in configuring it yourself! Afterward you can dress it in Naong, HTC Express or Skin 4.5....... whatever suits you. I think you won't find much followers for the SPB Shell (trial) cooked in. Registered version cooked in would be against the politics and laws, but there are some sites when you could find even those.... I think ;)

I've tryed that but that is just not the same: i just hate when I use some app or something and it crashes me onto the basic shell which is cooked into the phone

also I had problems with shell itself for which I couldn't say if they were due cooked rom or due shell itself, problems like shell not updating its objects so my weather, clock and battery would show wrong data (like battery is full and it couldn't be). That didn't happend on original wm 6.1 with spb shell so then it could be due modifications for sehll used in cooked rom...

and I would like trial version of spb cooked in: i have original key and really don't mind that it is a trial