WM6.5 Clean optimized ROM based DXIA5 -> SPB Mobile Shell 3 v6411

Guest sector

Guest Hacolala

I refresh the rom on my Omnia again,,and the same problem---icons in "spb menu\settings\..." still show blank..is it necessary to install the "spb mobile shell" again?

I refresh the rom on my Omnia again,,and the same problem---icons in "spb menu\settings\..." still show blank..is it necessary to install the "spb mobile shell" again?

please give me some time to check it out.

Guest miles_muso

Hi Sector,

(taken from this post on XDA-Developers)

SOLUTION TO REMAP SMS AND CALLLOG-BUTTON TO USER DEFINED PROGRAMS

SMS-Button:

Open your favorite registry editor and go to "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\RAI\:MSINBOX" and change the value "1" from "tmail.exe" to the path of the program you wanna launch. And do not forget to set the " " ! For example:

"My Storage\Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMSChat.exe"

Save and your done, the SMS button on the main screen of spb mobile shell should now launch VITO SMS Chat.

CallLog-Button:

Go to your windows folder on your phone and copy the file CallLog.exe to another directory, just for backup purpose. Open the attached file CallLog.run with any texteditor you have. Change the path inside to the program you wanna open with the CallLog button. No " " this time. Save and copy it with the also attached file CallLog.exe to your windows folder on your phone. Overwrite the existing CallLog.exe, ignore the warnings. Should work now. If not, try a soft reset.

No Solution for calendar yet and i dont use the mail button .

Tested on Samsung Omnia with german WM 6.1.

This no longer seems to work on the new SPB ROM that you cooked (I downloaded it this morning). Maybe I'm doing something wrong (I remeber that it was a bit hit-and-miss last time.)

Please investigate if you can.......

Also, if the root folder I'm using for Program Files is the My Mobile folder (ie root level), then should my file path read

1. Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMS-Chat.exe, or
  2. My Mobile\Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMS-Chat.exe, or
  3. \Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMS-Chat.exe ?

Thanks.

Edited by miles_muso

Guest sector
Hi Sector,

This no longer seems to work on the new SPB ROM that you cooked (I downloaded it this morning). Maybe I'm doing something wrong (I remeber that it was a bit hit-and-miss last time.)

Also, if the root folder I'm using for Program Files is the My Mobile folder (ie root level), then should my file path read

Thanks.

i will check it out miles :(.

Guest Bismar

Cool, got another question.

Is it possible to have the home screen on the spb shell display tasks like appointments for say like the next month?

Guest sector

I dont know :(. Maybe another user can answer this question or play with it a bit in settings and check if it is possible to change homescreens.

Guest sector
Hi Sector,

Thanks.

Milo this should be working on any rom as the registry is pointed to microsoft not to SPB specific.

Number 3 is the correct answer for the path :(. \Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMS-Chat.exe

If it is installed in My Storage then it will be \My Storage\Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMS-Chat.exe .

Guest DJRedLine

Great idea for a ROM as i use SPB Mobile shell currently with DXIA5 Qbus Lite ROM.

One thing i have not seen mentioned in this thread is that SPB is a paid for app so those installing this ROM will have to ensure they are either current owners of the software or purchase a license ????

Guest Linkinou

I have a problem with this rom...

I CANT CREATE NEW CONNECTIONS

Let me explain my problem

I go into connections under settings, advanced, select network, new, i name it ok, modem, then new, i can put the name, the type, and the access point name. then i do next, finish. AND NOTHING APPEARS, i just can't choose the connection i just created...

Cool, isn't it?

The fact is that this connection exist, i saw it into internet sharing program, i can connect with it (modem), but i can't use opera, and any program which connects to the internet. this is REALLY bad...

Help

[edit] I reflashed my phone with this rom. TWICE. One with apply sim settings, other without. There is still the same problem...

[edit 2] Settings are working with newest taril rom, so the problems doesn't come from the DXIA5, but from your cooking. I think it doesn't apply the sim settings, or badly, because in taril rom it creates 3 connections, and with your rom 0 connection. Please fix it fast because i want to get back to your rom, i need spb and more storage space :(

Edited by Linkinou

Guest sjhshaw
Thanks sjhshaw :( . Im waiting for SBP version 3. It looks really nice and most probably the replacement of m2d! B)

It looks really good. Any idea when it is supposed to be out?

Guest sector
It looks really good. Any idea when it is supposed to be out?

i think this month (end).

Sector, can't you fix the problem i explained? I think that no one heared me :(

hm... i have checked it im sorry forgot to reply. everything looks ok to be honest and im not sure why what is the cause of it.

the registry values show the correct redirection of the icons.

i will make a cab with something i have in mind, so you can test it and let me know if it works.

Edited by sector

Guest Linkinou

I'll try this tomorrow, i need to reflash my device and reinstall everything. Also if you need a part of my database from my phone, to see if something is wrong, tell me

Guest Linkinou

I explain the procedure:

It preconfigured my phone two times, i didn't touch anything, didn't go to the align screen. The third time i aligned the screen, good

I get the apply settings of your sim card for your phone screen:

Then i push yes

Then i installed your fix and i soft reset my phone.

I don't really understand what you wanted by settings screen so i screen you everything with settings B)

I configured my new connection, but no success

One time i could see the wapsfr modem here, but disappeared after clicking OK.

Really weird

here is the rar files with a screen for every step i made.

I won't flash my phone again, keeping your rom on my phone, just tell me what to do and what to install.

BUT I DONT HAVE INTERNET AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

:(

Screenshot.rar

Edited by Linkinou

Guest miles_muso
Milo this should be working on any rom as the registry is pointed to microsoft not to SPB specific.

Number 3 is the correct answer for the path :( . \Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMS-Chat.exe

If it is installed in My Storage then it will be \My Storage\Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMS-Chat.exe .

Hi Sector,

Thanks for the answers. I will try soon, but unfortunately my laptop is not working so I have problems with internet connections and thus retrieving info such as this forum (I'm in an internet cafe at the moment!)

Cheers fort all your hard work

(Can't wait for MS3 - I presume you'll do a ROM for it????)

miles