WM6.5 Clean optimized ROM based DXIA5 -> SPB Mobile Shell 3 v6411

Guest sector

Guest sector
Hi Sector,

Thanks for the answers. I will try soon, but unfortunately my laptop is not working so I have problems with internet connections and thus retrieving info such as this forum (I'm in an internet cafe at the moment!)

Cheers fort all your hard work

(Can't wait for MS3 - I presume you'll do a ROM for it????)

miles

Yes i will make a new one with SPB3 ofc :(.

@Linkinou: Saw ur PM i will add u later. ty

Guest Linkinou

Ok, i'll be available from now to 22 PM GMT+1 :(

I really need a fix from you, i've found something very interesting, but very hard to explain

Guest Aroboy II
Linkinou try this cab and tell me if it works.

Soft reset after installing.

What is this for? Sorry for this noob question.

My omnia now having the version

PDA : i900DXIA5/DZIA5

PHONE : i900DXIA2

is my version the latest?

Thank you for helping me.

Guest eranst

Hi Sector

I just flashed your ROM and in one word: WONDERFUL! well done!

I have 2 questions:

1. In the Phone Options, it doesn't let you get out from this. Even by pressing OK at the top right few times, Its just stuck and the only way to get out is by switching through the Task Manager. I saw other ppl asked it earlier and related this to the Ringtones absence (This is what i have too, no ringtones to select). How can i fix this? Hard reset? I will do this only if i will be sure it will help...

Any ideas?

2. In the Settings -> Personal -> Buttons: It doesn't let me customize the Camera button (In press and hold mode). I can assign this button to any application that i want but while i am pressing and holding the Camera button it always open the Notes application... It's even doesn't let me activate the Camera... Seems weird... what can cause this problem? B)

Thanks a million in advance, and again - you did an excellent job bro!

Guest prawnz

i am having troubles with flashing this rom..

Currently my device shows

PDA : i900DXIA2/Omnia

and while trying to update.. it gets stuck at 100% on the eboot process

.. any help??

Guest sector
What is this for? Sorry for this noob question.

My omnia now having the version

PDA : i900DXIA5/DZIA5

is my version the latest?

Thank you for helping me.

Yes it is great :(!

Hi Sector

I just flashed your ROM and in one word: WONDERFUL! well done!

I have 2 questions:

1. In the Phone Options, it doesn't let you get out from this. Even by pressing OK at the top right few times, Its just stuck and the only way to get out is by switching through the Task Manager. I saw other ppl asked it earlier and related this to the Ringtones absence (This is what i have too, no ringtones to select). How can i fix this? Hard reset? I will do this only if i will be sure it will help...

Any ideas?

2. In the Settings -> Personal -> Buttons: It doesn't let me customize the Camera button (In press and hold mode). I can assign this button to any application that i want but while i am pressing and holding the Camera button it always open the Notes application... It's even doesn't let me activate the Camera... Seems weird... what can cause this problem? B)

Thanks a million in advance, and again - you did an excellent job bro!

Try to go through FileExplorer and set as ringtone to an audio file.

Buttons should work though. I can make u a fix cab if still doesnt.

i am having troubles with flashing this rom..

Currently my device shows

PDA : i900DXIA2/Omnia

and while trying to update.. it gets stuck at 100% on the eboot process

.. any help??

please read how to flash your rom.

Guest eranst

Hi Sector

I would like to share another solution to the camre button problem i came across in this ROM.

(I.e unable customizing the camera button on press and hold mode, stuck on Notes application)

Afer the first time - i did a hard reset and then problem solved. But then i had to do another hard reset and problem happened again...

This time i tried to assign this button on this specific mode to the <context menu> option (First option in the select box)

Then i pressed OK and enter again to the Button customizing screen.

This time it let me to assign the button back to the Camera option.

I posted this descrition here, If anyone has the same problem - enjoy the solution...

Guest miles_muso

Hi Sector,

With SPB MS3 about to be released (or so the rumour goes!), I would like to ask you about the ROM you will cook:

(1) It seems the new interface uses Hardware Acceleration for those fancy carousel menus. Will your ROM be tweaked to use the Omnia's hardware acceleration (if it exists - I'm just guessing)?

(2) Will your new ROM be based on WinMo 6.5? I see you are doing a lot of work on 6.5 at the moment, so maybe you will incorporate your knowledge into the SPB 3.0 ROM?

miles

PS It seems that the upgrade will be free to existing 2.1.4 users and above.

Guest sector

Hi miles B).

Well lets wait till it will be release first and then do the testing. I can make 1-2-3 versions of SPB diff SYS cores for different tastes of users :(.

Maybe also including it with 6.5.

We have to check how it fits on Omnia and test for better optimization if needed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pyroboy_UK

Im really close to going ahead with this, just one quick question...

At the start of the instructions this is mentioned:

Before upgrading any cooked rom it is advised to flash from the original samsung site the latest rom. Latest now it is DXIA5.

Im not responsible for any consequence that might appear during flashing. Cooked roms might brick your phone. Use it at your own risk.

Do you have a link to the Original Firmware that is also the latest?

If i understand correctly, Version 3 is the latest, but it is the custom firmware as well.

Guest andyokane

Hi,

Does anyone have a link to the original Samsung ringtones (or decent alternatives) as i've completely lost mine!

Thanks!!

Guest sector
Im really close to going ahead with this, just one quick question...

At the start of the instructions this is mentioned:

Before upgrading any cooked rom it is advised to flash from the original samsung site the latest rom. Latest now it is DXIA5.

Im not responsible for any consequence that might appear during flashing. Cooked roms might brick your phone. Use it at your own risk.

Do you have a link to the Original Firmware that is also the latest?

If i understand correctly, Version 3 is the latest, but it is the custom firmware as well.

http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

Is version 3a (Based on DXIA5/DXIA2, Samsung Stock Apps, Optimized) the latest rom and radio versions available?

latest official from Samsung.

Hey sector, i can install M2D ? you try this ? or everyone ?

thanks !!!!!!!!!!

you can install whatever u like :excl: