My Omnia is broken. Can not align the screen

Guest Zohare

Guest lloydh

This Also worked for me people... you should give this a try! Was killing myself on this but tried this suggestion and worked perfectly nice one!!!

Guest clange50

new digitizer will fix it. if it was bearable and its just a question of getting past the alignment screen there are a number of roms with the alignment screen removed from setup for this very reason

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gojuman

I take it since we have redone the ROM these are not under warranty of any sort................right? I was told by verizon it was still within time period but I didnt get into all the mods I have done. If I take to a verizon store I am screwed ................ right?

this also happened to me a few months ago...

i ended up taking it in for repair and screen digitizer replacement at Samsung call center...luckily no cost, the warranty was still valid.

For some people who do not have the warranty or bought the omnia overseas, many of them did the digitizer replacement themselves.

Bought the part of the net, and DIY..

There is even a tread on how to do it.

Good luck. :D

• 1 month later...
I have tried hundreds of different calibration values and have never gotten it quite right. What finally fixed this problem for me is to change the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/HARDWARE/DEVICEMAP/TOUCH/MaxCalError key from 7 to 200 and then run the screen alignment again. (Settings->System->Screen) Now everything is perfect and I can actual click directly on things instead of estimating the error. There are topics all over the internet about this problem and no one has suggested this but it is the only thing that worked for me.

You sir, derserve a cookie! :lol: :) :( this is the only post that worked for me.

as for the registry editor i use CE Registry Editor, for those of you who need one =)

• 1 month later...
Guest topcatroy

Ok , what i did was use the txt file welcome.not and put it on the main phone memory, this bypassed the alignment screen.

so the phone would at least boot up.

then i used the reg edit change from 7 to 20 and it worked.

hope this helps.

omnia i910

Edited by topcatroy

• 3 months later...
Guest fesgeli

i do this change in registry "CalibrationData"="1922,1957 3330,639 3317,3276 600,3230 609,677 "

and then soft reset,the password page appeared but the touch is not working

any one can help me? :D

dont want to do hard reset some information will be missed :D

Guest Hermit Dave

install some registry editing software like PHM editor and navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH

Find a key called MaxCalError and set it to say 30 (most likely set to 7 if its not coming out of align loop)

Click save and come out of registry editor

Now to get out of align screen itself please End call key. Been there done that :D

Guest Jimmy Johnson
i do this change in registry "CalibrationData"="1922,1957 3330,639 3317,3276 600,3230 609,677 "

and then soft reset,the password page appeared but the touch is not working

any one can help me? :D

dont want to do hard reset some information will be missed :D

Install Mymobiler and connect your mob to PC. Do the rest from you PC.