Custom i900 ROM DXID1/Vie12. exROM update only (24-May-2009)

Guest t2008

Guest Hoederx

Hi t2008

I have problem with Internet Connection. I was able to connect to the Internet with the first vie12 exrom.

Since i downloaded the new Exrom and reseted, i can't connect to the Internet. I'm telling you what i did to get further help.

Did i messed up something? As i know i just touched "Nodata" before reseted, but dunno if i put it back to "Enable".

But i reinstalled it and toggled it to enable.

Then,

- I checked "Browser Connection" and put it to Internet, cuz it was wap. I tried with automatically detect my connection too.

- I created my connection with working paramater ( Modem: Cellular Line GRPS, Acces point: orange, User name : orange, Password: orange )

The connection's still not working. Is there any other thing i can explore?

Well, maybe it's a technical problem from my operator (Orange France)... And I hope so, otherwise it cud be irritating haha. x)

P.S.: forget to tell i loved the vie11 i tried and this one. x)

Edited by Hoederx

Guest tim1979
Hi t2008

I have problem with Internet Connection. I was able to connect to the Internet with the first vie12 exrom.

Since i downloaded the new Exrom and reseted, i can't connect to the Internet. I'm telling you what i did to get further help.

Did i messed up something? As i know i just touched "Nodata" before reseted, but dunno if i put it back to "Enable".

But i reinstalled it and toggled it to enable.

Then,

- I checked "Browser Connection" and put it to Internet, cuz it was wap. I tried with automatically detect my connection too.

- I created my connection with working paramater ( Modem: Cellular Line GRPS, Acces point: orange, User name : orange, Password: orange )

The connection's still not working. Is there any other thing i can explore?

Well, maybe it's a technical problem from my operator (Orange France)... And I hope so, otherwise it cud be irritating haha. x)

P.S.: forget to tell i loved the vie11 i tried and this one. x)

Hi,

U might want to try, first select others operator in the operator setting, let it update after clicking "ok"

2nd select back the original operator u have and let it update.

once done, either do a soft reset or try see if the internet connection works.

Edited by tim1979

Guest Hoederx
Hi,

U might want to try, first select others operator in the operator setting, let it update after clicking "ok"

2nd select back the original operator u have and let it update.

once done, either do a soft reset or try see if the internet connection works.

Hi,

I've changed to another operator, let it update and came back to default operator.

It's still not working.

Thanks.

Guest tim1979
Hi,

I've changed to another operator, let it update and came back to default operator.

It's still not working.

Thanks.

can u lets us know if your phone detect the wireless point ? or u are using activesync?

Worst come to worst, think u got to do a flash again.

Cause we are not seeing this issue with either 12vie or update 12vie

Guest maurocchio1987

FANTASTIC ROM!! you think that you'll make the same kind of rom based on wm6.5 soon??

thank you

greetings from italy

Guest Hoederx
can u lets us know if your phone detect the wireless point ? or u are using activesync?

Worst come to worst, think u got to do a flash again.

Cause we are not seeing this issue with either 12vie or update 12vie

I'm using it without active sync. I can connect to Internet with wireless.

Then i flash it again. Still not working.

Let's wait longer....if someone from France could tell me if he's able to go on internet...

Guest tim1979
FANTASTIC ROM!! you think that you'll make the same kind of rom based on wm6.5 soon??

thank you

greetings from italy

+1

Guest Charllie

Hi T2008,

Just wanted to say that i have been using this rom on my Omnia i900 including v12 update and it is the best i have come across so far that really suites my needs. Don't think i have had any bugs to mention.

The only thing i could not find installed was the finger suite, but not bothered about that.

Thanks for your time and effort doing this, it is much appreciated.

And like others before me, i really hope you do something like this for 6.5, giving acces to Manilla, today page and spb.

Luv it and thanks again.

Charllie

Guest Gibeon

I just flashed it, and wanted to update. But there is no exrom folder in My Storage! I also got a Mortscript error after flashing, it said the folder was missing. Can I just make a "exrom" folder, or do I have to use "Vie12_exROM_ud1"?

Edit: I think I know what's the problem. I also formatted the large disk...

Edited by Gibeon

Guest draganp
I'm using it without active sync. I can connect to Internet with wireless.

Then i flash it again. Still not working.

Let's wait longer....if someone from France could tell me if he's able to go on internet...

The same happened here, but I managed to make it work again.

Try using SKTools - clean!, Invalid registry entry and registry optimizer

It worked for me

regards and thanx for Vie12

Guest junior06

Hey guys.

Just wanted to know what the process is regarding updating to this DXID1/DXID1-Vie12 ROM

I currently have the standard ROM which is a DFHJ6 which is from Optus Australia. I have never flashed this phone before.

Which files should i be using following sectors tutorial in flashing my device with ur latest ROM??

PLease help. Thanks Guys <_<

Guest rafat

hi Thanks for fantastic rom

i want to know that how to change M2D themes

i have tried some but work proper 

can u describe in brief plz and thanx again

Guest Akshay_LP

Hey!

I'm planning to flash to your ROM because it looks great, people say its really stable and all that.

I've flashed sector and qbus ROMs before and they only require to run a exe and the phone's updated.

Do I have to do the same thing or is there a different procedure?

Thanks,

Ak

Edited by Akshay_LP

Guest Iscariot

Hi, t2008! Well, how can i open Vie12.exROM as archive? It's asking for password. Please, i need some cabs from it :3

sry4myEnglish

Guest Charllie

Hi All,

Alreadt posted a thanks note so don't want to repeat myself, but great rom, thanks.

I have a small problem that i just can't figure out. Using this rom for a while now and decided to change theme on manilla using M2DC. All worked okay except for one thing, the left soft key that normally takes you back to omnia today screen is no longer working. When i looked at settings in M2DC the location was now blank. I tried browsing to find ink file to start the today screen but unsure what name file i looking for and where to find it. Tried looking in windows folder but no luck.

Would really appreciate someones help.

Also, just thougt i would ask, does anyone have a link to change dialer skins (not keypad) on the omnia/WM6.1.

Thanks again t2008 and all.

Charllie

Guest yassine95
Hi All,

Alreadt posted a thanks note so don't want to repeat myself, but great rom, thanks.

I have a small problem that i just can't figure out. Using this rom for a while now and decided to change theme on manilla using M2DC. All worked okay except for one thing, the left soft key that normally takes you back to omnia today screen is no longer working. When i looked at settings in M2DC the location was now blank. I tried browsing to find ink file to start the today screen but unsure what name file i looking for and where to find it. Tried looking in windows folder but no luck.

Would really appreciate someones help.

Also, just thougt i would ask, does anyone have a link to change dialer skins (not keypad) on the omnia/WM6.1.

Thanks again t2008 and all.

Charllie

M2DC => SOFkeys => left softkeys => program files => touchflo detacher => Hide Touchflo :D

Guest Charllie
M2DC => SOFkeys => left softkeys => program files => touchflo detacher => Hide Touchflo :D

Hi Yassine95,

Thanks for the response, however, i won't be needing it now as my omnia appears to be knackered (broke). I was uninstalling a coloured keypad cab last night (nothng to do with t2008's rom) and the phone froze on me. Couldn't do anything with it. Took battery out to switch it off and when swithed it back on the screen is unreadable. It just shows a load of colours similar to the matrix form!

So not sure what to do at the moment but will probably end up sending back to phone company.

Note: This was not caused by t2008's rom which has worked excellently for me and will be first thing back on my phone when repaired (if repaired). The phone froze when i pressed yes button to restart the phone after removal of the cab.

Anyway, thanks for the response.

Charllie

Guest yassine95
Hi Yassine95,

Thanks for the response, however, i won't be needing it now as my omnia appears to be knackered (broke). I was uninstalling a coloured keypad cab last night (nothng to do with t2008's rom) and the phone froze on me. Couldn't do anything with it. Took battery out to switch it off and when swithed it back on the screen is unreadable. It just shows a load of colours similar to the matrix form!

So not sure what to do at the moment but will probably end up sending back to phone company.

Note: This was not caused by t2008's rom which has worked excellently for me and will be first thing back on my phone when repaired (if repaired). The phone froze when i pressed yes button to restart the phone after removal of the cab.

Anyway, thanks for the response.

Charllie

OOh , sorry for you :D

Guest Charllie
OOh , sorry for you :D

Hi Yassine95,

Thanks for your concern. I am back in business.

Could not reflash because it was set to usb so active sync did not work. I read on this site that you can do a hard reset by holding using soft reset and holding the two phone answer button ynderneat screen. This allowed me to format the drive back to t2008's updated 12 rom. Found the prog that cause dthe proble,(green keyboard cab, all other colours okay) and deleted it.

Wheeeee, i am happy man lol.

Just need to find a phone dialer skin that works now.

Charllie

Guest Charllie

Hi Yassine95,

Me again, just tried putting this in left soft key of MD2C but it brings up the SPB mobile home. I need it to bring up the Omnia today screen as per t2008's original settings.

Can't find it anywhere, any ideas. Could you or someone else check their left soft key settings in M2DC and let me know the location and file name.

Thanks

Charllie

Guest yassine95

Yeas some times , it brings you to SpB Home because it'es just HIDE Touchflo , so if you had Spb Launch , it'S Spb who will gonna be lunch , if you had today lunch it's Today who will gonna be launch .