Updating omnia rom by using vista solution!

Guest vennerr93

Guest vennerr93
hey! okay i flashed my omnia from the orange BVHH1 to MSHJ1 about a month ago without any problems and without having to do any of the steps that you've outlined in this post. anyway im trying to update to tarils rom and ive successfully downloaded and updated everything that is to be required but when i get to the grand prix stage this error keeps coming up

'

OpenSCManager failed (5)

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE)....

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE) Done!!

OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL

PDA Device not found.

'

any help what im or have done wrong?

many thanks

Have you disabled usb connections in windows mobile device centre

Guest ashman8434
Have you disabled usb connections in windows mobile device centre

yeah id done all that. managed to get it working just by re-installing some of the software. worked like a charm. thanks buddy!

Guest vennerr93
I have successfully managed to flash using vista thank you to everyone here. I did everything described on the very first post and this was great until the phone install. Then I installed usb driver only : http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/download...elName=SGH-F480 and it completed through grand prix.

ahhh great i will put this up as the new driver

Guest vennerr93
I have successfully managed to flash using vista thank you to everyone here. I did everything described on the very first post and this was great until the phone install. Then I installed usb driver only : http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/download...elName=SGH-F480 and it completed through grand prix.

Hi that link doesnt work have you got the correct one?

Guest thepeoplesclub
Hi that link doesnt work have you got the correct one?

Sorry yes here it is http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0c081c3b90158adde62ea590dc5e5dbbe04e75f6e8ebb871

I updated the driver in device manager in your instructions and then eventually installed this additional driver. It took ages for the samsung drivers to install on my laptop, which required a reset. Then I tried granprix again and it got past the KW.KIM Create retry errors and completed. Was worried flashing using vista but after carefully following your brilliant guide I am now one happy happy omnia owner! Many thanks vennerr you are a LEGEND!

Guest kunheng

:(:(B):(:P:( plz , some one help me... my omnia freeze with the samsung skin after i try 2 update my rom......... after i update it ask 2 to turn my device on mually i tried it, but my phone freeze on the samsung skin. what should i ? plzzz... now my ppc can't sync with pc anymore, it jus freeze on the skin, i can't do anything...............

anyway i try i download i900_EXEcutor.exe but my pc tell me 2 ask permission from administrator, n i'm the administrator... i should i do....

plz help me...............

regard

ricc

Guest vennerr93
Sorry yes here it is http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0c081c3b90158adde62ea590dc5e5dbbe04e75f6e8ebb871

I updated the driver in device manager in your instructions and then eventually installed this additional driver. It took ages for the samsung drivers to install on my laptop, which required a reset. Then I tried granprix again and it got past the KW.KIM Create retry errors and completed. Was worried flashing using vista but after carefully following your brilliant guide I am now one happy happy omnia owner! Many thanks vennerr you are a LEGEND!

No problem your the one of the first people to really say thanks i appreciate it. No probs!

Guest vennerr93
why when i try 2 input my official rom in to i900.exe, it jump out a error message" this file is not "exe_firmware" for samsung SGH-I900???

try to rename the rom and put .exe in at the end, also are you using an i910?

Guest kunheng
try to rename the rom and put .exe in at the end, also are you using an i910?

i use i900.. right now i'm trying 2 grandprix with DXIA2 ( Modaco costom rom) but the prorame can't find my phone " no device found" what should i do next???

sorry for my interupt message vennerr93.....

thx 4 ur reply

Guest vennerr93
i use i900.. right now i'm trying 2 grandprix with DXIA2 ( Modaco costom rom) but the prorame can't find my phone " no device found" what should i do next???

sorry for my interupt message vennerr93.....

thx 4 ur reply

Disable usb connections on windows mobile device centre. press detect then unplug your phone and turn it off then plug it in and boot it.

Guest kunheng
Disable usb connections on windows mobile device centre. press detect then unplug your phone and turn it off then plug it in and boot it.

sorry vennerr93, i dn't get what u mean... right now i tell the whose story to u again...

1st. i

Guest kunheng

sorry vennerr93, i dn't get what u mean... right now i tell the whose story to u again...

1st. i donwlaod

Guest kunheng

1st. i

1st. i downloaded DXIA5 from official rom, and then i start 2 update my phone. after the 1st file download, it ask 2 to maully turn on my device, when i look at my device it on the samsung skin, then i try 2 press on the turn off/ on botton, but i device still freeze on samsung skin, even i try 2 hardrest, unplug, or take the battery out, when i turn device on, it still freeze on samsung skin.......

after that, my phone can't connect to mobile device center anymore, even jus connect to my Vistat PC. i already download n install all of ur programe in this topic, i try 2 do my phone with Grandprix but it said" pda device not found" . right now i can't turn on or turn off my device anymore, it just freeze with samsung skin....... i can't only take the battery off to turn off my device.....

can u tell me what m going 2 do by stey by step plzzz? ( sorry 4 my bad enligh)

waiting for ur helpful answer... :(

thanks

ricc B)

Guest vennerr93
1st. i downloaded DXIA5 from official rom, and then i start 2 update my phone. after the 1st file download, it ask 2 to maully turn on my device, when i look at my device it on the samsung skin, then i try 2 press on the turn off/ on botton, but i device still freeze on samsung skin, even i try 2 hardrest, unplug, or take the battery out, when i turn device on, it still freeze on samsung skin.......

after that, my phone can't connect to mobile device center anymore, even jus connect to my Vistat PC. i already download n install all of ur programe in this topic, i try 2 do my phone with Grandprix but it said" pda device not found" . right now i can't turn on or turn off my device anymore, it just freeze with samsung skin....... i can't only take the battery off to turn off my device.....

can u tell me what m going 2 do by stey by step plzzz? ( sorry 4 my bad enligh)

waiting for ur helpful answer... :(

thanks

ricc B)

I dont think you knew how to run an update threw grandprix because when i update i jus leave my phone and everything else and it runs threw the update itself. i dont think there is an answer you may have to repair your phone... when doing something like this you need to know how to do it. you may have to return your phone.

Guest vennerr93

1st. i donwlaod

Go on windows mobile device centre then click settings then untick the box that says enable usb connections.

Guest kunheng
Go on windows mobile device centre then click settings then untick the box that says enable usb connections.

this is my 1st time update my rom, i just download the new rom from samsung official website ( i download window vista version) then i plug my phone to PC, then start install it, i mean i updated my phone withou Grandprix..

Guest vennerr93
this is my 1st time update my rom, i just download the new rom from samsung official website ( i download window vista version) then i plug my phone to PC, then start install it, i mean i updated my phone withou Grandprix..

oh is see now. well you may have to tell samsung. im pretty sure using there official rom and official update does not void the phones warranty. so consult the samsung customer services.

Guest kunheng
oh is see now. well you may have to tell samsung. im pretty sure using there official rom and official update does not void the phones warranty. so consult the samsung customer services.

i did call to samsung in USA, but they said" it's a unlock phone( Philipine version i think), it's no I910, so they not resposible, they tell me to connect to samsung in Philipine.." and when i sent a email to samsung in Philipine, they ask me 2 bring my device to service center, how can i bring my phone there...

any suggestion??

thanks

ricc

Guest vennerr93
i did call to samsung in USA, but they said" it's a unlock phone( Philipine version i think), it's no I910, so they not resposible, they tell me to connect to samsung in Philipine.." and when i sent a email to samsung in Philipine, they ask me 2 bring my device to service center, how can i bring my phone there...

any suggestion??

thanks

ricc

Post it to the adress... but call them or email them first. how long have you been waiting if i were you id try leaving it for ages or redo the update using my method.

Guest vennerr93

Not much of a problem but i used those drivers and still phone part doesnt install... just ran the exe file rebooted my laptop nd tried again but no luck.

Guest kunheng
Post it to the adress... but call them or email them first. how long have you been waiting if i were you id try leaving it for ages or redo the update using my method.

3 days already. if i 1 2 using yours method. what should i go? can u show me plz? i'm blind with it... :( . actually the piont is now my phone can't connect to my pc, if it can connect, i think i can using ur mothol......

Edited by kunheng

Guest vennerr93
3 days already. if i 1 2 using yours method. what should i go? can u show me plz? i'm blind with it... :( . actually the piont is now my phone can't connect to my pc, if it can connect, i think i can using ur mothol......

But the phone can still connect to grand prix. This is a topic for my method so i was kind to give you help anyway considering your problem wasnt cause by my method jus read the instructions and try to update. YOU HAVENT EVEN TRIED YET. B)