Updating omnia rom by using vista solution!

Guest vennerr93

Guest new2city

First attempt at updating in Vista and presto, all thanks to you, venner.

I didn't attempt to update the phone part(since you did say don't update the phone part in the first post) and so, the installation went smooth as it would be as in in XP. I don't get the picture of the phone durinig reset(how does it look like anyway?) and I think it is because of this.

One thing that worried me at the beginning was the instruction

"Before starting: Your device needs to be connected to the PC, and in BOOTLOADER mode." in the I780 pdf file you posted.. I know what is bootloader mode in a HTC device but in Omnia? What is it?

All the same, thanks a lot.. Now I can even update ROMs at home.. without XP..

Guest corwest

So really this thread only solves one problem and not both as it seems no one is able to actually flash their PHONE roms. I think some more work is needed here

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vennerr93
So really this thread only solves one problem and not both as it seems no one is able to actually flash their PHONE roms. I think some more work is needed here

Hi dont worry when you do a soft reset and have your phone connected to the pc and grand prix on it automatically goes into bootloader mode

Edited by vennerr93

Guest vennerr93
First attempt at updating in Vista and presto, all thanks to you, venner.

I didn't attempt to update the phone part(since you did say don't update the phone part in the first post) and so, the installation went smooth as it would be as in in XP. I don't get the picture of the phone durinig reset(how does it look like anyway?) and I think it is because of this.

One thing that worried me at the beginning was the instruction

"Before starting: Your device needs to be connected to the PC, and in BOOTLOADER mode." in the I780 pdf file you posted.. I know what is bootloader mode in a HTC device but in Omnia? What is it?

All the same, thanks a lot.. Now I can even update ROMs at home.. without XP..

Hi thanks for saying thanks... basically when you boot if you have done the phone part, the phone does not like the updated phone part as it does not match the old phone part so a black background and a picture of a phone and a yellow ! comes up. now the bootloader part is automatic and it just does it without you knowing.

Guest marvi0
Hi could you explain your problem a bit more... :excl:

well am talking about the first part, when we have to follow the guide in 1780 vista ruu folder, which states, Before starting: Your device needs to be connected to the PC, and in BOOTLOADER mode.

Guest vennerr93
well am talking about the first part, when we have to follow the guide in 1780 vista ruu folder, which states, Before starting: Your device needs to be connected to the PC, and in BOOTLOADER mode.

sorry i did edit my post but it must of not edited properly so i will re write it. your phone is already in boot loader mode, no need to do anything its automatic just restart and do all the things it says and bootloader is automatic or there is no such thing

Guest new2city
sorry i did edit my post but it must of not edited properly so i will re write it. your phone is already in boot loader mode, no need to do anything its automatic just restart and do all the things it says and bootloader is automatic or there is no such thing

That's what I was saying.. the problem is in the i780 guide not your post vennerr93. You need to make a new guide specifically for i900 :excl: .

Yeah, more work, but if you want, I don't mind re doing it for ya... Really appreciate this as I don't really need XP at home anymore...

Guest dreamer84

Hey i´m using Vista and i cant find my fng phone in my device manager !!!! its driving me crazy !!!!

I connected and diconnected my device to see where it would appear in the device manager but still i dont find anything.

And what the hell is Chivi talking about when he says this ?

(SOLVED!!! I was uncheking in phone usbtopc enable advanced network functionality and work fine)

That explains nothing to me as he had the same problem as i have.

Please someone help me out here :excl:

Guest new2city
Hey i´m using Vista and i cant find my fng phone in my device manager !!!! its driving me crazy !!!!

I connected and diconnected my device to see where it would appear in the device manager but still i dont find anything.

And what the hell is Chivi talking about when he says this ?

(SOLVED!!! I was uncheking in phone usbtopc enable advanced network functionality and work fine)

That explains nothing to me as he had the same problem as i have.

Please someone help me out here :excl:

your phone will appear as in the attachment

post-289073-1240524817_thumb.jpg

Edited by new2city

Guest burden010

Hi guys, how long should it take before the ROM starts to load onto the phone? I am asking because, everytime I try, Grandprix just says "Waiting for the device..." after I click Detect. Nothing happens. I have waited a few minutes and nothing. I have restarted the Omnia and nothing is happening.

Any help please?

Edit: Nevermind, even though I had set it not to, Device Center had went back to detecting on USB. Works great and I don't get the error at boot! Thanks!!

Edited by burden010

Guest vennerr93
That's what I was saying.. the problem is in the i780 guide not your post vennerr93. You need to make a new guide specifically for i900 :excl: .

Yeah, more work, but if you want, I don't mind re doing it for ya... Really appreciate this as I don't really need XP at home anymore...

yeh the i780 has a few holes in. creating a new pdf would be great! :excl:

Guest Mitzidupree

Hello...

After upgrading to DXIA5, I see that the Samsung Widget has disappeared.

Is it possible to have the Samsung widget installed using DXIA5?

Thanks!

Guest vennerr93
Hello...

After upgrading to DXIA5, I see that the Samsung Widget has disappeared.

Is it possible to have the Samsung widget installed using DXIA5?

Thanks!

Not that i know of, it might just be the rom you chose other DXIA5 Roms may have them. i think you can download custom widget bars.

Guest Mitzidupree
Not that i know of, it might just be the rom you chose other DXIA5 Roms may have them. i think you can download custom widget bars.

Oh, thanks. But it was my mistake, I forgot to choose a CRC!

Guest lostand

Hi! I coudnt find anything like htc usb sync at mobile devices. I have an Omnia. tried to add any of the controllers received with RUU but no positive result. Can you suggest something? Thanks

In D. Manager Network adapter I only have

a)Network Adapter Broadcom 802.11g which is for wi fi

b)Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Attached photo of current state of phone

1st working solution on modaco!!!!! :excl:

IN DEVICE MANAGER YOUR PHONE WILL BE IN THE NETWORK ADAPTER TAB AND WILL BE CALLED WINDOWS MOBILE REMOTE ADAPTER!

IF ON THE LAST STEP IT SAYS JUMP FAILED DONT WORRY...IT IS DONE JUST TURN ON YOUR DEVICE AND IT WILL BOOT

I HAVE TESTED THIS METHOD, I USE THIS METHOD!

TELL ME IF YOU MANAGE TO UPDATE USING THIS METHOD PLEASE!

other than the official samsung website there was no way to update the omnia by vista but now there is a solution.

just download all the attached files (virus free... according to bit defender <- best anti virus i think?) then follow the instructions.

1. study the i780 vista usb installation instructions.

2. update your phones driver by using these instructions and by appling the driver software given in the vistaRUU folder. use the "wceusbsh.sys" file.in device manager your device is in the network adapter tab and is called " windows mobile remote adapter" (normally)

4. download any omnia rom update (ANY)

5. open i900 EXEcutor and click the dissasmble tab

6. press the button with 3 dots and find the rom updater file you downloaded.

7. click "go" and make a note of the output file.

8. once you have dissasembled the rom, the rom would have been split into individual components that are stored in the file you made note of.

9. open up grand prix and enter the parts into the loaders as shown below\/

LOADER - eboot

PDA - pda

CSC - customer.csc (or leave blank as nothing has to be put there)

MULTILANG - LEAVE THIS PART BLANK!!! PUT NOTHING IN THERE

PHONE - phone (or leave blank as it does not have to be updated)

phone may boot with a picture of a phone and ! but if you wait for 5 seconds it will then boot properly FIXED JUST LEAVE THE PHONE AND CSC PART BLANK.

hope this helps... ask questions if needed.

also this is at your own risk (but it 100% worked for me)

post-522417-1240592210_thumb.jpg

Guest vennerr93
Hi! I coudnt find anything like htc usb sync at mobile devices. I have an Omnia. tried to add any of the controllers received with RUU but no positive result. Can you suggest something? Thanks

In D. Manager Network adapter I only have

a)Network Adapter Broadcom 802.11g which is for wi fi

b)Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Attached photo of current state of phone

Make sure usb connections are turned off in active sync.

Guest lostand

Make sure usb connections are turned off in active sync.

Venerr problem is that my phone is not detectd neither by Active Sync nor by bootloader.

I am really concern about this.

Guest lostand
Venerr problem is that my phone is not detectd neither by Active Sync nor by bootloader.

I am really concern about this.

What Have you done? have you tried updating yet?

Yes I updated from xjhh2 to xjhj2 at that time the device was detected and update was successful but on trying to do it again, same process, it never ended and I got the screen with Samsung logo and Omnia with two coloured strips below. With the adapter cable I can load the battery, with the on/off buttom I acn turn on the phone but not off, with the usb data cable I get no response at all.

I tried with active sync, bootloader but got no detection.

Using Win Control I force the start downloading buttom and it says that it starts loading pda but fails with a checksum error.

Help is required and appreciate

Guest vennerr93
Yes I updated from xjhh2 to xjhj2 at that time the device was detected and update was successful but on trying to do it again, same process, it never ended and I got the screen with Samsung logo and Omnia with two coloured strips below. With the adapter cable I can load the battery, with the on/off buttom I acn turn on the phone but not off, with the usb data cable I get no response at all.

I tried with active sync, bootloader but got no detection.

Using Win Control I force the start downloading buttom and it says that it starts loading pda but fails with a checksum error.

Help is required and appreciate

hi you must have done something wrong or there is a conflict in software or your ROMS because me and 100s of others have done this and got some good results, i have never faced any real problems so you may have to seek advice elsewhere. I am not sure what it is but something has gone wrong somewhere. im sorry i cant help :excl: