Updating omnia rom by using vista solution!

Guest vennerr93

Guest R@v3n

I've just updated my Omnia on Windows 7 x64 RC and I was wondering how to use GrandPrix to update with the 2nd CSC file of DXIA5 version. Is there an updated GrandPrix for Vista that can use it or do I just have to put it somewhere? :D

Guest zfly9

Device name:

EBoot version=01.71

Start downloading...

PDA-Starting updating EBOOT...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Checksum failed!!

??

Guest de.schurk

Guys, I'm getting the following error:

Device name:

EBoot version=00.ZH

Start downloading...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Writing image..

Device name:

EBoot version=01.35

Start downloading...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-EBOOT update finished.

PDA-Starting downloading region #1(DISKIMAGE)..

PDA-Writing image..

CSC-Starting updating CSC File...

PDA-Downloading CSC File...

PDA-Writing image..

CSC-CSC update finished...

PHONE-Switching USB to PHONE...

PHONE-Automatic driver detection failed..

PHONE-Attempting to open COM 0...

PHONE-Port Create failed...: COM 0

I'm I doing something wrong ?

Edited by de.schurk

Guest Davis Sousa

I came here looking for a good and safe way to change the language of my Omnia (from Czech to English) and this topic worked very well, even without the jump error that everybody had.

The instructions are very easy to follow but the lack of print screens can make some people afraid to do it at the first time (as I was).

Thank you vennerr93 for the post and all others who posted their small concerns and solutions for all problems.

:D

Guest iamthebou

To Vennerr 93 and Wish Master (and all the others that participated in this thread) thank you so much for sharing this knowledge with us :D You took time and creativity to explain to the n00bs we are how to go thru all this, and I wish to express my thanks for this. You are the guys who make the Internet what is is: a great place.

Updated my Omnia from sluggish and bloated french roam (SFR) to Taril's DXIA5/OMNIA rom. I get the funky phone / exclamation mark thingy when the phone boots but that's about it, everything else works just fine :lol:

Cheers from France,

Ben

Guest shrud

why we have to do all these work arounds just to install a simple rom, i mean on xp its just run the exe and its done. there must be something easier?

Guest vennerr93
why we have to do all these work arounds just to install a simple rom, i mean on xp its just run the exe and its done. there must be something easier?

it is simple just install the driver split the rom then update. Just it has to be so detailed in the instructions otherwise people would always be asking questions. want a simpler update use a official vista update.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vennerr93
To Vennerr 93 and Wish Master (and all the others that participated in this thread) thank you so much for sharing this knowledge with us <_< You took time and creativity to explain to the n00bs we are how to go thru all this, and I wish to express my thanks for this. You are the guys who make the Internet what is is: a great place.

Updated my Omnia from sluggish and bloated french roam (SFR) to Taril's DXIA5/OMNIA rom. I get the funky phone / exclamation mark thingy when the phone boots but that's about it, everything else works just fine :)

Cheers from France,

Ben

No problem Glad it works

Guest Capanga

Hi Vennerr93 thank for your post. I need to update only the phone part to my omnia. I know that I have to use Grandprix (in my case for Vista) But I don't know where to answer in each field of the program. Can you help me and tell what to put in echa field and what to press? thank you in advance.

Guest vennerr93
Hi Vennerr93 thank for your post. I need to update only the phone part to my omnia. I know that I have to use Grandprix (in my case for Vista) But I don't know where to answer in each field of the program. Can you help me and tell what to put in echa field and what to press? thank you in advance.

This is were problems start. But use i900 executor to split the rom. then input the part that says phone into grandprix in the phone box and then run granprix. BUT MAKE SURE: the phone part you are updating is the same as the one you had before but just an updated version. for example AAA01 to the phone part AAA02 so if its a english orange phone part originally it has to be an english orange phone part you are putting back but just an updated version. hope this help.

Guest MJT01

hey vennerr93 thanks heaps....im very very new to the forum and to smart phones too. found your post and first go i have sector and Khuanchai win 6.5. No issues, apart from finding my phone. ending up power cycling the phone and plugging it back in and it all worked great.

thanks heaps <_<

Guest vennerr93
hey vennerr93 thanks heaps....im very very new to the forum and to smart phones too. found your post and first go i have sector and Khuanchai win 6.5. No issues, apart from finding my phone. ending up power cycling the phone and plugging it back in and it all worked great.

thanks heaps <_<

no problem

Guest djtosh

hi i have flashed on vista/seven using this method before but I always had the silly phone logo everytime I boot! has anyone succsessfully flashed without having this logo and what steps need to taken to do this?

thanks

Guest new2city
hi i have flashed on vista/seven using this method before but I always had the silly phone logo everytime I boot! has anyone succsessfully flashed without having this logo and what steps need to taken to do this?

thanks

I haven't seen this silly phone logo yet and I have flashed around 3 times using this method.. unfortunately I don't really know why...

<_<

Guest vennerr93

thanks

what it is, is the phone part of the ROM has to be an updated part of your phone part if you understand me so: phone part AA01 would need to be updated to phone part AA02.

But i think on some phones it doesnt have to be the same but i think this is only on sim free phones NOT a vodfone omnia or a sprint omnia or a orange omnia.

Guest Skythra

Hrm I'm having trouble with step 2 I think.

You see, I downloaded and followed the PDF and updated the mobile device driver to the VISTA RRU wceusbsh.inf file. I disabled "allow USB connections" but I'm pretty sure it can't see my mobile anyway. I can see the mobile in Device Manager under the Network adapters tab. It's called "Windows Mobile-based Device". But neither will Windows Mobile Device Center see it (even if i enable Allow USB Connections), or USDL Grandprix v1.6.4 for VISTA.

So when i split and set the Loader and PDA and click DETECT it just hangs there at "Waiting for Device...".

What should I do? I tried reinstalling the driver, but if i try Uninstalling it, it never happens. It just hangs there. Waiting. I wanted to try from scratch again, uninstall the driver, let it auto install, follow instructions again, but its not giving me the chance to.

Thanks in advance

edit:

2. update your phones driver by using these instructions and by appling the driver software given in the vistaRUU folder. use the "wceusbsh.sys" file.in device manager your device is in the network adapter tab and is called " windows mobile remote adapter" (normally)

Wait what? you mean .inf right?

Edited by Skythra

Guest Shadowy
Hrm I'm having trouble with step 2 I think.

You see, I downloaded and followed the PDF and updated the mobile device driver to the VISTA RRU wceusbsh.inf file. I disabled "allow USB connections" but I'm pretty sure it can't see my mobile anyway. I can see the mobile in Device Manager under the Network adapters tab. It's called "Windows Mobile-based Device". But neither will Windows Mobile Device Center see it (even if i enable Allow USB Connections), or USDL Grandprix v1.6.4 for VISTA.

So when i split and set the Loader and PDA and click DETECT it just hangs there at "Waiting for Device...".

What should I do? I tried reinstalling the driver, but if i try Uninstalling it, it never happens. It just hangs there. Waiting. I wanted to try from scratch again, uninstall the driver, let it auto install, follow instructions again, but its not giving me the chance to.

Thanks in advance

I hope I'm not stating the obvious but have you pressed the reset pin?

Guest Skythra
I hope I'm not stating the obvious but have you pressed the reset pin?

Yes i have, i also used the "hard reset" option in WM

Edit: I've just tried the full process on my laptop, which is a different computer entirely from my desktop PC. I'm clearly doing something wrong if i get the same result on two PC's.

edit: s*** its working i think! Playing with the usb settings on the phone enough times and the right combination worked.. pretty sure maybe on my main desktop PC it was having connection issues through USB (my keyboard lights occasionally dim). on my laptop however when i found the right combination of active sync + advanced networking turned off, during the reset it was recognised.

lets see what happens...

Edited by Skythra

Guest Peew971

I did all the steps but all I get from Grand Prix is:

OpenSCManager failed (5)

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE)....

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE) Done!!

OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL

PDA Device not found.

Any help please? I pressed reset, tuned off and on, plugged and unplugged but nothing yet. The phone just starts normally, ready to be used... And yes I disallowed USB connection in wdmc :D

Edit: I only picked files for Loader and PDA, should I put the CSC one? I'm using a 6.5 ROM lite.

Edited by Peew971

Guest Skythra

Did you make sure the two windows mobile services were running? I'm pretty sure they help detect the mobile device connectivity. I never saw that error message "OpenSCManager failed (5)" that you got before loading the images either. Not sure if thats a concern..

Edited by Skythra

Guest Peew971
Did you make sure the two windows mobile services were running? I'm pretty sure they help detect the mobile device connectivity. I never saw that error message "OpenSCManager failed (5)" that you got before loading the images either. Not sure if thats a concern..

Yes, they are both running but I still can't load the images.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kunheng

hi vennerr93

i'm succes flash my rom with vista. thanks for your solution, right now my PDA is up to date :D . but some thing still not right, everytime I flash the new rom (now i'm using DXIA1 winmo 6.5 by shokka's) it update only my PDA : DXHK3>DXIA1.DXIA5>DXID1. but my phone part still on DXHK3, even i flash with phone part include. can you have me?

thanks

Guest vennerr93
hi vennerr93

i'm succes flash my rom with vista. thanks for your solution, right now my PDA is up to date :D . but some thing still not right, everytime I flash the new rom (now i'm using DXIA1 winmo 6.5 by shokka's) it update only my PDA : DXHK3>DXIA1.DXIA5>DXID1. but my phone part still on DXHK3, even i flash with phone part include. can you have me?

thanks

Maybe it si not a completely correct match? i honestly dont know... this has been a problem from the start and i think it goes way into the phones coding.