Updating omnia rom by using vista solution!

Guest vennerr93

Guest kim379
1st working solution on modaco!!!!! :D

IN DEVICE MANAGER YOUR PHONE WILL BE IN THE NETWORK ADAPTER TAB AND WILL BE CALLED WINDOWS MOBILE REMOTE ADAPTER!

IF ON THE LAST STEP IT SAYS JUMP FAILED DONT WORRY...IT IS DONE JUST TURN ON YOUR DEVICE AND IT WILL BOOT

I HAVE TESTED THIS METHOD, I USE THIS METHOD!

TELL ME IF YOU MANAGE TO UPDATE USING THIS METHOD PLEASE!

other than the official samsung website there was no way to update the omnia by vista but now there is a solution.

just download all the attached files (virus free... according to bit defender <- best anti virus i think?) then follow the instructions.

1. study the i780 vista usb installation instructions.

2. update your phones driver by using these instructions and by appling the driver software given in the vistaRUU folder. use the "wceusbsh.sys" file.in device manager your device is in the network adapter tab and is called " windows mobile remote adapter" (normally)

4. download any omnia rom update (ANY)

5. open i900 EXEcutor and click the dissasmble tab

6. press the button with 3 dots and find the rom updater file you downloaded.

7. click "go" and make a note of the output file.

8. once you have dissasembled the rom, the rom would have been split into individual components that are stored in the file you made note of.

9. open up grand prix and enter the parts into the loaders as shown below\/

LOADER - eboot

PDA - pda

CSC - customer.csc (or leave blank as nothing has to be put there)

MULTILANG - LEAVE THIS PART BLANK!!! PUT NOTHING IN THERE

PHONE - phone (or leave blank as it does not have to be updated)

phone may boot with a picture of a phone and ! but if you wait for 5 seconds it will then boot properly FIXED JUST LEAVE THE PHONE AND CSC PART BLANK.

hope this helps... ask questions if needed.

also this is at your own risk (but it 100% worked for me)

Hi! i`m new to this forum, I just tried the metode discribed here. and everything worked fine until i turnd on my omnia.. all thats happens is the "samsung omnia" splash screen and after 30 sec i get a blue screen for 10 sec then noting.

i was going to opdate from i900DZIA5 to i900XBIC1

Can anyone please help me

Guest vennerr93
Hi! i`m new to this forum, I just tried the metode discribed here. and everything worked fine until i turnd on my omnia.. all thats happens is the "samsung omnia" splash screen and after 30 sec i get a blue screen for 10 sec then noting.

i was going to opdate from i900DZIA5 to i900XBIC1

Can anyone please help me

Re do it with a different ROM

Guest kim379
Try going back to the original ROM

it works going back to i900DZIA5 but this is an costume rom. and its enlgelish, and i`m trying to get my omnia in norwegan

• 2 months later...
1st working solution on modaco!!!!! :)

IN DEVICE MANAGER YOUR PHONE WILL BE IN THE NETWORK ADAPTER TAB AND WILL BE CALLED WINDOWS MOBILE REMOTE ADAPTER!

IF ON THE LAST STEP IT SAYS JUMP FAILED DONT WORRY...IT IS DONE JUST TURN ON YOUR DEVICE AND IT WILL BOOT

I HAVE TESTED THIS METHOD, I USE THIS METHOD!

TELL ME IF YOU MANAGE TO UPDATE USING THIS METHOD PLEASE!

other than the official samsung website there was no way to update the omnia by vista but now there is a solution.

just download all the attached files (virus free... according to bit defender <- best anti virus i think?) then follow the instructions.

1. study the i780 vista usb installation instructions.

2. update your phones driver by using these instructions and by appling the driver software given in the vistaRUU folder. use the "wceusbsh.sys" file.in device manager your device is in the network adapter tab and is called " windows mobile remote adapter" (normally)

4. download any omnia rom update (ANY)

5. open i900 EXEcutor and click the dissasmble tab

6. press the button with 3 dots and find the rom updater file you downloaded.

7. click "go" and make a note of the output file.

8. once you have dissasembled the rom, the rom would have been split into individual components that are stored in the file you made note of.

9. open up grand prix and enter the parts into the loaders as shown below\/

LOADER - eboot

PDA - pda

CSC - customer.csc (or leave blank as nothing has to be put there)

MULTILANG - LEAVE THIS PART BLANK!!! PUT NOTHING IN THERE

PHONE - phone (or leave blank as it does not have to be updated)

phone may boot with a picture of a phone and ! but if you wait for 5 seconds it will then boot properly FIXED JUST LEAVE THE PHONE AND CSC PART BLANK.

hope this helps... ask questions if needed.

also this is at your own risk (but it 100% worked for me)

Man, this method is great. I flashed mine using vista and now windows 7. Great post. You're the man.

Guest MoitoiJ.
Man, this method is great. I flashed mine using vista and now windows 7. Great post. You're the man.

I have tried the above method and its not working. It gets stuck here:

OpenSCManager failed (5)

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE)....

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE) Done!!

This happens for over 30 minutes and my phone doesn't show any change. I want to upgrade to WM6.5 and i have downloaded the app but it doesn't seem to work. Is there an alternative loader to Grandprix?

please help

Guest MoitoiJ.

I have tried the above method and its not working. It gets stuck here:

OpenSCManager failed (5)

This happens for over 30 minutes and my phone doesn't show any change. I want to upgrade to WM6.5 and i have downloaded the app but it doesn't seem to work. Is there an alternative loader to Grandprix?

please help

• 2 weeks later...

@vennerr93

This solution worked perfectly for me! Thansk bro! One little hint for your install guide, see rest of post:

@MoiToiJ.

I had the same "problem" :) but notice the guide saying 'bootloader mode'. This means you turn your phone off and back on again when Grandprix is at that point (it is searching for a booting pda)

All you have to do is select loader and pda parts, leave other three blank, make sure 'start downloading immediately' is checked, click Start downloading button, turn phone off, turn phone on (meanwhile make sure the phone stays connected to the pc usb)

Good luck :( And thanks again venner93! ;)

just sharing my experience...

i'm using windows 7 64 bit, using grand prix 1.64 for vista and been flashing with some roms without problems.

i have installed samsung modem driver XP (not sure if it's necessary...just in case), i set the UAC off, extract the rom .exe using executor, unplugged my omnia and turned it off, start grand prix, set each part with executor's extracted part (i usually only do the boot and pda part), press detect, plug my device and turn the device on, when grandprix detect the phone (on bootloader mode (that is just when then logo came up)) then grand prix automaticaly flash the files..done..

been trying to use vmware and virtual box, but no success..so, hell..i'll stick with the grand prix..i love motogp and formula one anyway... :)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest abbas123
why when i try 2 input my official rom in to i900.exe, it jump out a error message" this file is not "exe_firmware" for samsung SGH-I900???

PDA Device 1 ready to download!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EBOOT will be written.

Total 1 PDA region(s) will be written .

PHONE will be written.

Commanding Device Large Disk Format...

Downloading EBOOT...

PDA Reboot to download Eboot twice!!!

OpenSCManager failed (5)

OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL

EBOOT will be written.

PHONE will be written.

Commanding Device Large Disk Format...

Downloading EBOOT...

EBOOT finished!!

Downloading PDA region #1(DISKIMAGE)...

PDA Write count : 962

PDA finished!!

Downloading CSC...

GetSize : 2994176

CSC finished.

Downloading MultiLang...

GetSize : 124487967

plz plz pl z help me plz

Guest PJ_Omnia

Hi!

For some reason i have to do Eboot, pda and csc one by one. If i choose all and try Grandprix to install all it never starts pda, eboot goes fine. In other words i have to only choose Eboot, connect phone and upload. The when it is finished, take of battery, close grandprix, start grandprix, choose pda and start phone for pda upload. Repeat for CSC.

Does anybody know why it's like this, flashed several times always same thing.

Best regards

• 3 months later...
Guest mowinnie

Hi

Would you believe people still buy this ancient device model ! This is my first experience with windows mobile. I started reading this site under i900 and kept on reading till i was sore. :P

This post has been extremely helpful. So thanks vennerr93. I managed to flash ock eclipse rom with grand prix. i went from pda - XXHJ2 toXXID1, from 6.1 to 6.5 professional, phone remaining the original. I had an unlocked unbranded phone. Using vista on a laptop i installed the drivers given. I found my phone in device manager as stated in the first post in big huge letters right at the beginning!

I just had to switch off and switch on the phone after loading the pda and eboot., then start downloading......then ..job done...launched ! wait for phone to boot.....screen sensitivity is much better besides other things.

Thanks to modaco site and vennerr.

just want to say to all newbies-- read over and over again till you understand...try a bit and then read again....

When the box was uncheking shows me nothing when i check the box it shows me Porteble device.

i was traing to update driver but shows me this

i am having the same problem. i like this phone, but think 6.5 would make it a lot better. can anybody point me in the right direction? thank you very much.

• 1 month later...
Guest oranger

hello, i need some help here.. Now my phone is stopping and can do nothing.. help please..

OpenSCManager failed (5)

EBOOT will be written.

Downloading EBOOT...

PDA Reboot to download Eboot twice!!!

OpenSCManager failed (5)

PDA Device not found.

Log :

Device name:

EBoot version=01.37

Start downloading...

PDA-Starting updating EBOOT...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Writing image..

Device name:

Device name:

Device name:

Device name:

Device name:

Guest oranger
hello, i need some help here.. Now my phone is stopping and can do nothing.. help please..

Log :

finally i can get through this problem.. because I see it keeps on stopping at recognizing my device, so I just plug out the battery and plug in again.. eventually, that's the solution.. because plug out and in the battery is almost the same as rebooting..