*** SHOKKA9 M2D WM6.1 ROMs ***

Guest shokka9

Guest shokka9

what you using to play MP3's??

It will be that software...I use Coreplayer, and it never lags/chops etc. Sometimes it will pause for a split second when opening texts/emails/other apps

but it is coolio!!

Guest wickedjinx

ill give it a try, i use windows media player, i never have any lags before on the previous roms ive downloaded directly from samsung, but i really like this cooked rom. ill update you again and try coreplayer..

Guest wickedjinx

coreplayer did work on me and had no lag issue, but using the m2d player and windows media player, eerything becomes choppy, opening the message, texting is very slow on responding etc etc. I tried to flash my phone to other roms and windows media is doing very well, no lag etc. Then reflash it again with yours and it is there again. I also tried to download your other rom 20270 and texting is also choppy while playing at windows media style. This is just my observation on the latest rom. other than that, everything seems to be ok.

is there a way to change the m2d mp3 player to coreplayer?

EDIT:

i tested it again and it seems that it only slows down on samsung phonepad, but when using the samsung keyboard, it is smooth again

Edited by wickedjinx

Guest js3339

Just flashed my first M2D rom ever and I really like it. I'm wondering if it's possible to change "All Programs" soft button in launcher tab to open the same old view as "Start -> Programs" does?

Guest shokka9

@ js339

DOnt think you can, but i probably am, the users are better than me here, i dont really use my phone that much. I just make them work.

I cook a launcher to ensure it launches, there was issues before.

If you can do it, maybe with reg hack, i dunno bro? Post how if you manage to figure it out.

B)

Guest shokka9
is there a way to change the m2d mp3 player to coreplayer?

EDIT:

i tested it again and it seems that it only slows down on samsung phonepad, but when using the samsung keyboard, it is smooth again

Never thought of that, but i cant really do it, as coreplayer is commercial product. It could be possible, but not sure really.

Glad u figured ur issue, i use phonepad and have never come across the bug, but i rarely use WMP.

Dunno.

Guest powermac

Hi Shokka9,

Sorry if i had noob questions, this is the first time i'm installing a cooked rom.

Last nite i installed your rom, it was installing until the green bar gets full(fully downloaded the rom), then my XP pc automatically asking for CDMA driver & could not find it in my pc.

So the rom installation was trying to find USB port & the installation showed error.

My phone also hang on the green bar screen.

Then i rebooted my phone & there was a phone icon and a yellow '!' sign, but it came out to the robot picture with red light & manage to on my phone.

Until now the phone is working fine, do u think i should reinstall the rom again or the phone icon with '!' is normal ?

Anyway, another question.

I changed my theme color in setting to grey so that when i click start menu, the background of start menu would match the Manila2d black color, but it changed my taskbar & the bottom bar to grey as well. -

I tried to restore the manilla 2d theme in M2DC, but it didn't work. I need the original M2D black taskbar again, can you advise pls.

But afterall, your rom is so cool man.

I love it with M2d.

Thank you so much for spending your time for such a cool rom.

Wish you gud luck with your upcoming rom.

Cheers.

Guest shokka9

Samsung XP Modem Drivers!! B)

You need to install these before you flash! You have only updated one part of the ROM.

Please download and install them and re-do the update. It will probably hang at the same place, restart the process and it will complete (close updater, start updater, soft reset Omnia, click start).

To get the black task bars...goto settings, personal, today and select DiamondQVGA, tap ok and thats it.

Good luck

Guest Jadoon
Samsung XP Modem Drivers!! B)

You need to install these before you flash! You have only updated one part of the ROM.

Please download and install them and re-do the update. It will probably hang at the same place, restart the process and it will complete (close updater, start updater, soft reset Omnia, click start).

To get the black task bars...goto settings, personal, today and select DiamondQVGA, tap ok and thats it.

Good luck

hi shooka .. i am having the same problem of installing rom ... i followed ur instructions twice but the same thing happens that download failed . i don't know wat to do

Guest Compuse

Shame about the startup logo but it seems pretty smooth!

To bad there's no real button option to redirect the button to the REAL start menu :/

Guest powermac
hi shooka .. i am having the same problem of installing rom ... i followed ur instructions twice but the same thing happens that download failed . i don't know wat to do

Hi Jadoon,

I followed his instruction exactly & it worked.

1. Installed samsung modem driver.

2. off phone & connect USB cable

3. open rom installation file

4. on phone & wait for ROM installation to detect the phone

5. click start & wait for the process to finish

6. unplug cable, soft reboot phone & wait for it to reboot automatically.

Just did it in off & no problem until now...

Will try using it for few days...

BTW, this ROM with M2D rocks man...

Guest shokka9
Shame about the startup logo but it seems pretty smooth!

To bad there's no real button option to redirect the button to the REAL start menu :/

shame.....B) Thanks ? !

you can replace the start up logo...It is my ROM bro, you get what i give u. When its on your Omnia, do as you wish.

It is pretty smooth, it doesn't seem it! Lol! :(

Guest powermac

Hi Guys,

After updating my rom, i can seem in install the .cab files...

It's showing "There is no application associated with <filename>".

Do i need additional software to run cab files or do i need to activate anything ?

Guest shokka9

running cab files has NEVER been an issue for me....and everyone else??

Have you hard resetted?

Edited by shokka9

Guest Compuse
shame..... :( Thanks ? !

you can replace the start up logo...It is my ROM bro, you get what i give u. When its on your Omnia, do as you wish.

It is pretty smooth, it doesn't seem it! Lol! :(

I was joking B)

Guest ThroNiX

IM about to install it. Hopefully it all goes right. And I am not disappointed after using it a few days! I have been using Tarils rom with SPB Mobile plus (and skins) and i kinda like it. But i wanted to try something new. Hopefully it makes it worth the upgrade!

Anyway nice work and keep it up! B)

Guest ntbook

I flashed the ROM 20270 downloaded yesterday, with no errors in the process.

But when I try to start opera it gets stucked in the splashscreen, is it because I shoud install flash 3,5 that maybe isnt included in this ROM, or should I flash again?

thanks!

PS: I'm sorry I made a question that was already answered, I've tried with a hard reset and say no when detects the operator, I cant later choose no other operator because none is on the list so I couldnt use ypur solution.

Anyway I'll flash the 20954 and see if it works, as soon as my battery is fully charged!

Edited by ntbook

Guest cirrus888

Installed 20954

used it for a couple of days now and everything is good so far. Didn't recognise Chinese fonts in my email so I installed sunglobe and chinese input. Not sure sure if that solved it because i still can't read chinese emails. Will try try Kaidi Sunfont later. I can however input chinese now which is great.

I uninstalled youtube (never use it) so saved a little space but I added keyboard 2 which doesn't seem to'make typing any easier so may uninstall that as its quite large.

I didn't like shokka's logo at the start but now I've grown to quite like it after a few reboots. Great work and thanks!

Guest shokka9
PS: I'm sorry I made a question that was already answered, I've tried with a hard reset and say no when detects the operator, I cant later choose no other operator because none is on the list so I couldnt use ypur solution.

Where do you live??

It might not be in the IMEI settings?

Maybe i can get from elsewhere? If not in the ROM, you will have to setup your connections manually.

Guest shokka9
Installed 20954

Didn't recognise Chinese fonts in my email so I installed sunglobe and chinese input. Not sure sure if that solved it because i still can't read chinese emails. Will try try Kaidi Sunfont later. I can however input chinese now which is great.

Use Ricky cab, its in sectors thread, i have in my archive @ samsung-omnia.org (see signature)

Its in the stuff wanted & needed topic at the bottom of the post (attachment).

That might work.

Uninstall all the others tho.

Guest cirrus888
Use Ricky cab, its in sectors thread, i have in my archive @ samsung-omnia.org (see signature)

Its in the stuff wanted & needed topic at the bottom of the post (attachment).

That might work.

Uninstall all the others tho.

I found your other thread after a bit of a search and downloaded the ricky cab. The same thing happened and I till couldn't read chinese emails. However I then went into the menu selection >in email where there is a view option > and in languages option a big list of languages came up and I selected chinese and almost everything came up readable ... (except for header) the body of the email was in chinese.

Great work thanks.

Guest MirQoo

how to turn off that thing when you're switching between images in album, and when you use gestures they are displayed on the picture either .) tried almost everything, and its quiet annoying .) tnx for help, and btw GR8 rom, fast, stable etc. i got my omnia yesterday and flashing went perfect, tnx a lot shokka9 :excl:)

Guest shokka9
how to turn off that thing when you're switching between images in album, and when you use gestures they are displayed on the picture either .) tried almost everything, and its quiet annoying .) tnx for help, and btw GR8 rom, fast, stable etc. i got my omnia yesterday and flashing went perfect, tnx a lot shokka9 :excl: )

Use Total Commander...

goto plugins>registry>HKLM

then Software>HTC>HTCGesture>Traceline. change from 1 to 0.

Job done!

good flashing went ok