*** SHOKKA9 M2D WM6.1 ROMs ***

Guest shokka9

i installed the rom, its great, but how do i get internet to work with opera and internet explorer? i connected to wifi, i can update my weather in the weather tab, so i know there is internet connection, but not in IE or Opera

Guest sonqquest

Hi everyone,

i noticed that the device will not vibrate when choosing the vibrate mode... i only see the call on the screen but nothing more...

has anyone else tried this? any known fix?4

thank you

Guest shokka9
i installed the rom, its great, but how do i get internet to work with opera and internet explorer? i connected to wifi, i can update my weather in the weather tab, so i know there is internet connection, but not in IE or Opera

did you set up your Operator correctly?? If not, goto Operator settings (Settings, connections), select a different operator. Leave for 20 secs, then go back to operator settings and select yours.

You should now get your net settings.

If not, you may need to set them up manually. Some people have to dependant on location. There are only so many IMEI settings within the DX ROMs.

Guest shokka9
Hi everyone,

i noticed that the device will not vibrate when choosing the vibrate mode... i only see the call on the screen but nothing more...

has anyone else tried this? any known fix?4

thank you

I have NEVER had a problem with vibrate (on any of my ROMs). Did you hard reset after updating to it??

Have you tried to soft reset?

Can any other users confirm or deny the issue with vibrate??

Guest sonqquest
I have NEVER had a problem with vibrate (on any of my ROMs). Did you hard reset after updating to it??

Have you tried to soft reset?

Can any other users confirm or deny the issue with vibrate??

Hi,

thanks for the fast answer. no i didnt hard reset. i will give it a try right now and post back.

be right back.

thanks again for your time

Guest sonqquest
Hi,

thanks for the fast answer. no i didnt hard reset. i will give it a try right now and post back.

be right back.

thanks again for your time

Ok. i hard rested and it seems to work.. wil check how it goes and will let you know..

thanks again

edit: i found out that opera 9520 the problem. once i removed it vibration came back to normal.... :(

Edited by sonqquest

Hi shokka9,

u posted saying :

4>to remove YouTube text on internet tab do this in Commander:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\MANILLA2D\INTERNETWIDGET\CUSTOMISED\NoDescription

change to 0 (from 1) and soft reset, after about 25 secs.

but I have this path only :

HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\MANILLA2D\INTERNETWIDGET\CUSTOMISED\0\NoDescription

AND I changed that from 1 to 0 and soft reset but nothing happens still the youtube thing is there

Guest homeroz

Hi all!

I think I'll flash my omnia tomorrow with M2D MAXDv3. It will be my first cooked ROM, so I still have some doubts about the whole procedure. I'm currently using the official dutch upgrade and I'm using SPB mobile shell. Realy want to try manilla.

Version: PDA: i900XKHJ3/XKHJ3 phone: i900XXHH1.

I'm working on a vista computer now, I'll use an other XP machine tomorrow, I think I'll have to install de modem driver first, won't I?

Is it safe to flash the M2D Maxd rom directly over my current rom? Or do I have to flash to another (singapore?) rom first? What steps do I have to take to flash it?

Again, I'm kinda nervous about bricking my phone, don't want to spend 4 weeks without my omnia just because it has to be repaired. :(

I've read some postings on the procedure, but it's still not totally clear to me. Any dutch people using this ROM?

Thanks!

Steven

Guest shokka9
Version: PDA: i900XKHJ3/XKHJ3 phone: i900XXHH1.

I'm working on a vista computer now, I'll use an other XP machine tomorrow, I think I'll have to install de modem driver first, won't I?

Is it safe to flash the M2D Maxd rom directly over my current rom? Or do I have to flash to another (singapore?) rom first? What steps do I have to take to flash it?

Thanks!

Steven

Hi Steven

Yeah, defo use XP machine...for custom ROM.

You should be fine flashing straight from your version, I would, hard reset before doing anything (after backing up your stuff and contacts from phone to SIM). Then install the modem driver (and active sync too).

Follow the steps to flash (read first)

Hard reset after flash too.

Take your time, and when it says chnaging to USB COM Port, and says failed, retry (repeatedly), it is fine, you will know when and what i am on about (first flash), it the driver you installed. First time it takes a while to see it, depending on your PC, it might not in the time given by the updater and it will say failed. No problem. Restart the updater, soft reset your Omnia and try again. This time it will see it. And the update will finish.

Good luck and post feedback please after your sucessful update! :(

** Just like to add, that some people prefer to update first to official ROM in order to ensure their Omnia can take this kind of activity; also maybe for peace of mind. Then move to custom ROM? **

Ultimately, i nor anyone here is responsible for your handset and any damage that may be caused within. Saying that, you run exactly the same risk of damage as an official ROM. But warranty issues are what people are taking in account. The risk always yours. Never mine...

Edited by shokka9

change this

HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\MANILLA2D\INTERNETWIDGET\CUSTOMISED\Title

change YouTube to nothing, and soft reset.

i don't have Title ...

only a folder called 0

then bannerurl, bannerurltext and customisedcount

Hi!

Shokka your M2D MAXD v3 is perfect!Thank you very fast and stable!I am glad.

But please give me the original Samsung power on/off sound because these were my wake up songs!!

Thanks!!!!

Guest homeroz
Hi Steven

Yeah, defo use XP machine...for custom ROM.

Good luck and post feedback please after your sucessful update! :(

It was quite easy, looks fantastic shokka, thanks! Just one thing, how wil I get my dutch dictionary back?

By the way: can't find the HKLM folder...

**added: is there a way to configure the music tab to display albums instead of all musicfiles, something like the S2P player?***

Edited by homeroz

Guest shokka9

o16v

now posted in first post; also added ot my archive linked in first post

homeroz

music tab, i dont get you...it shows ablum cover and current track info? if you do up and down gestures on the screen, it changes tracks.

Can you explain, or post screen shot please.

thanks

o16v

now posted in first post; also added ot my archive linked in first post

thanks

Thank you!I think your M2D v3 is the best ROM at moment....i am waiting next.... :(

Guest homeroz
homeroz

music tab, i dont get you...it shows ablum cover and current track info? if you do up and down gestures on the screen, it changes tracks.

Can you explain, or post screen shot please.

thanks

Nevermind. After a more detailed look it al seems logical. Installed S2P as well.

Still struggling with the dutch T9 dictionary, can't find it anywhere :(

Edited by homeroz