Fixing bluetooth audio routing for i900

Guest liads

Guest shokka9

thanks Stevenh

I put it there and did the rest....strange how its nots worked....might buy a cheap BT headset today to test myself??

Guest liads
Liads...

I did as your first post says, yet it obviously didnt work for the users that tested it...

Can you be a bit more precise in where the rgu goes in the OEMDrivers rgu, maybe that is what went wrong. I used all your files and overwrote as you said...

:(

Not happy..

Make sure you delete the zylonite_wavedev2.dll, touch.dll, speakerphone.dll and fmradio.dll folders from OEMDrivers and then copy the ones from OEMDrivers in the zip.

Regarding the rgu, Stevenh described it very well.

However, it's not the rgu that went wrong. The driver dlls in your rom were not replaced.

thanks Stevenh

I put it there and did the rest....strange how its nots worked....might buy a cheap BT headset today to test myself??

You can test if it worked even without a BT headset - just start the AudioGainControl util. If you see content in the table list - it worked.

Edited by liads

Guest bobobird

liads

Was testing with the test wm65 rom - not working. But need to know which version of Cyberon Speed Dial did you use in the roms ?

Thanks

Guest shokka9

Strange Liads...i actually know what i am doing, and i am sure i deleted them, then replaced with yours...but the dll doesnt look the right size...

I think another ROM is coming tonight!! I want the BT things working for the users...I will use the latest fix in the first post.

thanks for all your replies, everyone.

Keep up the good work.

Guest liads
liads

Was testing with the test wm65 rom - not working. But need to know which version of Cyberon Speed Dial did you use in the roms ?

Thanks

If you want to test the audio routing, it's best to use a BT Audio Gateway management software. This way, you can just route audio to the BT headset and play something on the device to check it. Getting voice recognition working with BT can be more complicated.

I used "BT Audio" (http://www.davidmays.com/BTAudio/) but there are many alternatives.

I tested Cyberon Voice Commander 2.5.1 along with "JETware Hands-free Extension" for BT activation support.

Edited by liads

Guest bobobird
... just start the AudioGainControl util. If you see content in the table list - it worked.

So can we safely assume that if there is NO audiogaincontrol util in the win dir, that the particular rom will not be able to do bt phone routing??

Or is there some other way to quickly determine if a particular rom can or cannot do phone routing ?

Thanks

Guest bobobird

Thx liads

At least on my 2 bt units (one from 2002) - normal audio routing works, for both music/vids and incoming calls without need for any redirection. So an audio gateway soft isnt much use. But since we test so many roms, there has to be a simpler way to determine if the particular rom is voice dialling capable or not.

Obviously if there is voice soft already installed like in other devices then it should work but the i900 is a different beast hehe.

Guest liads
So can we safely assume that if there is NO audiogaincontrol util in the win dir, that the particular rom will not be able to do bt phone routing??

Or is there some other way to quickly determine if a particular rom can or cannot do phone routing ?

Thanks

Well, the AudioGainControl tool is not required for the drivers to work. It's just the i908 version of the i900's SoundTester.

The quickest way of really testing BT audio routing is pairing a BT headset, installing something like the above "BT Audio", starting the audio routing and then playing with the volume up & down. If BT audio works, you should hear the beeps coming out of the BT headset.

Guest liads
Thx liads

At least on my 2 bt units (one from 2002) - normal audio routing works, for both music/vids and incoming calls without need for any redirection. So an audio gateway soft isnt much use. But since we test so many roms, there has to be a simpler way to determine if the particular rom is voice dialling capable or not.

Obviously if there is voice soft already installed like in other devices then it should work but the i900 is a different beast hehe.

It's possible these BT units use the A2DP profile. It probably automatically starts routing audio when it's connected.

Most mono BT headsets use the hands-free profile, which activates only when needed.

Guest lastnikita

hands-free profile is activated as soon as the headset is connected, but audio is NOT supposed to go through it, only voice.

that's why you need an additional software !

A2DP profile is NOT activated on connection, and needs a manual activation, but then you get all audio through it.

Guest bobobird
hands-free profile is activated as soon as the headset is connected, but audio is NOT supposed to go through it, only voice.

that's why you need an additional software !

A2DP profile is NOT activated on connection, and needs a manual activation, but then you get all audio through it.

That is not the behaviour I am getting on both the 2 headsets (as mentioned one is very old 2002 vintage, mono and the other is a wired stereo).

If I start a mp3, sound auto routes to headset. If a phone call comes in while music is playing, there is beeping and pressing the button on the unit will stop the music and trasfer to the call. When call is terminated, pressing the button on the unit returns to playing the music.

On other phones that I have used these headsets - HTCs, Nokias, Sony, the only difference is that when a call is terminated music is returned automatically.

But it is ok this way. All we really need is for the roms to be BT fixed with liads' solution and all will be good. Of course, SS should be doing this - one wonders why they dont.

Edited by bobobird

Guest lastnikita
That is not the behaviour I am getting on both the 2 headsets (as mentioned one is very old 2002 vintage, mono and the other is a wired stereo)
you mean you get music routed to the mono headset without any additional software ? that's weird..

I don't understand, if your second headset is wired we're not talking about BT anymore or did I miss something ?

If I start a mp3, sound auto routes to headset. If a phone call comes in while music is playing, there is beeping and pressing the button on the unit will stop the music and trasfer to the call. When call is terminated, pressing the button on the unit returns to playing the music
I need to manually "set wireless stereo" in bluetooth config :(

maybe this depends on the headset used.... strange !

also, mine stops the music as soon as an incoming call is ringing... yours mix ringtone with current audio ?

Edited by lastnikita

Guest bobobird

Wired is not actually wired to the phone.

The 260Plantronics is wired to its own bt dongle, which can then be used to pair to an ipod (needs bt connector on ipod). So this way can listen to the ipod and gets calls from the phone. But with the 16gig on the phone, the ipod is gathering dust.

If needed unit can be directly connected to the phone and then it is just like a normal wired headset (but omnia connectors are different so cant...).

The other one is a mono Jabra200 very old - 2001 or 2002.

No ringtone comes through, only beeping. In the profile both hands free and audio are shown and have been selected.

This is the wired one, 3-4 years old also.

http://www.plantronics.com/africa/en_GB/pr...053/prod5610022

Guest Chris64
Oh yeh, turns out that my Samsung WEP210 headset can actually do voice dial once the patch been put in, just hold the dial button for 2 secs then wait and then I get the voice command beep thing, but it's really s*** for picking up commands anywhere that's not dead quiet.... My friend's old Nokia headset works much better...

Steven

Is there any way I can turn on & off "Voice Speed Dial" via BT headset button?

When I press the button the Dial Pad is turned on not the Voice Speed Dial.

After connectd to the divice I can't disconnect via BT headset.

MS VC can do this but, Voice Dial can't.

One more interesting thing.

I can turn on the divice to press button of BT headset (shows up Dial Pad)

not only the power button.

Thanks everybody!

Edited by Chris64

Guest shokka9

Hi peeps (Liads)

I am being stupid??

I have made a ROM (another) with the fix..As i dont use BT headsets, i cant test it. What i have noticed is that when i ususally manually amend my AudioControl settings (the db levels - to raise vol of Omnia), that they are fixed and i cannot adjust them.

My problem is that when i listen to music on my Omnia, the volume is really low.

Does it have to be adjusted via the AudioGain settings?? If so, can someone give me some values to use please.

Guest palah
Hi peeps (Liads)

I am being stupid?? No, you are not...like fish and good cookers you are very smart :(

I have made a ROM (another) with the fix..As i dont use BT headsets, i cant test it. What i have noticed is that when i ususally manually amend my AudioControl settings (the db levels - to raise vol of Omnia), that they are fixed and i cannot adjust them.

My problem is that when i listen to music on my Omnia, the volume is really low.

Does it have to be adjusted via the AudioGain settings?? If so, can someone give me some values to use please.

Be good to know before downloading another Rom... ended up with tarils (which the battery seems to be lasting much longer than my old one) will stick with until the bugs get ironed out of yours with BT (sound) ... but keep up the good work Shokka9 & Liads as every way you find that does not work brings you one step closer to one that does

Guest Stevenh
Hi peeps (Liads)

I am being stupid??

I think you will have to use the AudioGainControl application to adjust the sound settings as opposed to the older soundtester application due to the new driver. I've not tried listening to music on my phone yet, still to get round to putting some on it :(

Will try it when I get home later tonight, not sure which firmware I've got running just now though so will probably rebuild too (i been messing around a lot trying to get XIP insertion to work... not going to give up just yet, will try a few different tools first)...

Steven

Guest shokka9

The XIP is the hardest bit.....good luck, when you finally crack it, let me, qbus & sector know pls!!

Does anybody know what setting i need to use to get a louder volume out of the Omnia for listening to music on a wired headset??

Guest liads
The XIP is the hardest bit.....good luck, when you finally crack it, let me, qbus & sector know pls!!

Does anybody know what setting i need to use to get a louder volume out of the Omnia for listening to music on a wired headset??

Try: NotInCall -> NotInCall_Headset -> Common Part -> Headphone Volume

Or: NotInCall -> NotInCall_Headset -> Common Part -> DAC PGA Volume / Routing

Both of them have values you can select out of a list.

Guest shokka9

thanks liads, i knew i had to do it here, just wasnt sure which values to change.. I will try later on my way home.

Thanks again. I am assuming that the fix should work (as it does) on my ROM now, if i can do all this, then surely it will work..

Guest mandargon

Yes you can turn on Voice Speed Dial, you need a software called "JetWare mobile bluetooth".

Is there any way I can turn on & off "Voice Speed Dial" via BT headset button?

When I press the button the Dial Pad is turned on not the Voice Speed Dial.

After connectd to the divice I can't disconnect via BT headset.

MS VC can do this but, Voice Dial can't.

One more interesting thing.

I can turn on the divice to press button of BT headset (shows up Dial Pad)

not only the power button.

Thanks everybody!