FingerKeyboard 2

Guest maad11

Guest andylyf
It is a bit of work...

Download the attached archive. The 2 included bitmaps copy to your Grey Red folder in Skins, also copy the enclosed types.txt file to your Skins directory (overwrite).

Open your layout file, and find the line for the Enter/Return Key:

Key 173 128  38  31 1,1,4,1 ret0 ret1 ,,				ACTION.Return
and change "ret0" to "ret2", like this:
Key 173 128  38  31 1,1,4,1 ret2 ret1 ,,				ACTION.Return

Save it and overwrite to your skins directory. Make sure the file name is correct (with "-") and restart the keyboard. That should do the trick. The included files are only for Grey Red skin.

Hope this helps.

thanks a lot !!!

Guest maad11

Hello again,

I have been thinking about people complaining about Finger Keyboard that it does not have the "2 letters" panels, like Samsung Keypad or Touchpal, etc. And just for fun, I tried to make something that would simulate such a layout, maybe useful for someone with big thumbs or for someone who types on the run (on a bus or while walking...) and here is what I got:

doublekeys.png

Of course the Finger Keyboard does not support double tap, so we have to rely on press and hold.

So, the principle is simple: you press - you get first letter (q), you press and hold - you get the second one.

Due to the limited number of keys, there is only a few operators available: ":" and ";" on "L" key, "." and "," on the "M" key.

The good think about it is that I made it as a separate national layout - it is called EN2. So, you can download it, put it to your Skins folder and it DOES NOT REPLACE your English layout that you are currently using, you will have just another "language" to choose from, you can turn it on and off, swith back and forth, etc.

In order to make typing a bit more comfortable with this layout, you can play with the hold time in Keyboard's settings

So, what do you guys think - worth to try? Like it? Please let me know what you think...

In the downloaded archive there are 2 files:

- the "new" English layout

- replacement of the types layout, it just makes the keyboard to use different space bar - harmless, but necessary.

So copy those 2 files to your Skins folder (watch the correct file names), overwrite the types file, run settings and "check" the new EN2 layout, try it and have fun...

mod_double_keys.rar

Edited by maad11

Guest taz55
Shortcuts should be fine, I mean: you should be able to edit them under the Finger Keyboard settings tool.

Here is a piece of the layout code:

Key 157  44  22  38 1,1,4,1 key0 key1 j,CSCHEME.Shortcut1,J,CSCHEME.Shortcut4,		SC:j,AC:Shortcut1,SC:J,AC:Shortcut4

Key 181  44  22  38 1,1,4,1 key0 key1 k,CSCHEME.Shortcut2,K,CSCHEME.Shortcut5,		SC:k,AC:Shortcut2,SC:K,AC:Shortcut5

Key 205  44  22  38 1,1,4,1 key0 key1 l,CSCHEME.Shortcut3,L,CSCHEME.Shortcut6,		SC:l,AC:Shortcut3,SC:L,AC:Shortcut6

As you can see, it uses "shortcut#" command and not hardcoded string of characters (like: www)

Hope it helps

hmm. I will have to try again. when I did it last time it would only take what was in the file. So for example one key was bound to .ru in your mod. and I had it set to .www in my shortcut list. the .ru is what worked. I will take another look later. And again thank you for all your help.

Guest volsmcfalls

Any way to make it to where a hold on the enter key sends the message rather than inputs more lines? I like not having the menu bar at the bottom because it takes up space on the screen, but i also hate having to close the keyboard out to send a message.

Any way to change the action of a hold on the enter key?

Guest maad11
hmm. I will have to try again. when I did it last time it would only take what was in the file. So for example one key was bound to .ru in your mod. and I had it set to .www in my shortcut list. the .ru is what worked. I will take another look later. And again thank you for all your help.

They are definitely not mine shortcuts, I do not use ".ru" :excl:

Here is what it is going on(at least what I think):

1. If you downloaded the mod from post # 219, the shortcuts should be easily editable via the settings application - just remember to fill in two fields.

2. If you are using the mod for version 2, either from post # 1 or post #204 - it has "hardcoded" shortcuts (since in the version 2 it was not possible to edit them in settings) and they have to be changed via changing the code in the layout file, but in those files I can not find any ".ru" shortcut...

Hope this helps

Guest maad11
Any way to make it to where a hold on the enter key sends the message rather than inputs more lines? I like not having the menu bar at the bottom because it takes up space on the screen, but i also hate having to close the keyboard out to send a message.

Any way to change the action of a hold on the enter key?

You would have to know the original winmo command / action sequence to send a message. If you know it (I don't) that will be easy...

Regards

Guest volsmcfalls
You would have to know the original winmo command / action sequence to send a message. If you know it (I don't) that will be easy...

Regards

Wonder where we could find that out?

Guest ma7ija
Hello again,

I have been thinking about people complaining about Finger Keyboard that it does not have the "2 letters" panels, like Samsung Keypad or Touchpal, etc. And just for fun, I tried to make something that would simulate such a layout, maybe useful for someone with big thumbs or for someone who types on the run (on a bus or while walking...) and here is what I got:

doublekeys.png

Of course the Finger Keyboard does not support double tap, so we have to rely on press and hold.

So, the principle is simple: you press - you get first letter (q), you press and hold - you get the second one.

Due to the limited number of keys, there is only a few operators available: ":" and ";" on "L" key, "." and "," on the "M" key.

The good think about it is that I made it as a separate national layout - it is called EN2. So, you can download it, put it to your Skins folder and it DOES NOT REPLACE your English layout that you are currently using, you will have just another "language" to choose from, you can turn it on and off, swith back and forth, etc.

In order to make typing a bit more comfortable with this layout, you can play with the hold time in Keyboard's settings

So, what do you guys think - worth to try? Like it? Please let me know what you think...

In the downloaded archive there are 2 files:

- the "new" English layout

- replacement of the types layout, it just makes the keyboard to use different space bar - harmless, but necessary.

So copy those 2 files to your Skins folder (watch the correct file names), overwrite the types file, run settings and "check" the new EN2 layout, try it and have fun...

works very nice! thank you! :excl: After soft reset i must always start fingerkeyboard or can be made as defoult? thanks

Edited by ma7ija

Guest taz55
They are definitely not mine shortcuts, I do not use ".ru" :excl:

Here is what it is going on(at least what I think):

1. If you downloaded the mod from post # 219, the shortcuts should be easily editable via the settings application - just remember to fill in two fields.

2. If you are using the mod for version 2, either from post # 1 or post #204 - it has "hardcoded" shortcuts (since in the version 2 it was not possible to edit them in settings) and they have to be changed via changing the code in the layout file, but in those files I can not find any ".ru" shortcut...

Hope this helps

well, I am closer now for sure. Some of the shortcuts work. but it still isn't accepting all of them. but it is better than beffor. I am using the one from #219 w/ a fresh install of the keyboard. any ideas? For example I changed a smiley and it didn't change. and I have two shortucts to use the @ sign on the keyboard. and only one assigned in the menu.

Guest taz55

ok, so I am trying my hand at this and some more help would be great. I relplaced this section

Key 13 35 22 31 1,1,4,1 key0 key1 a,CSCHEME.Smile1,A,[, SC:a,AC:Smile1,SC:A,SC:[

Key 37 35 22 31 1,1,4,1 key0 key1 s,CSCHEME.Smile2,S,], SC:s,AC:Smile2,SC:S,SC:]

Key 61 35 22 31 1,1,4,1 key0 key1 d,CSCHEME.Smile3,D,<, SC:d,AC:Smile3,SC:D,SC:<

Key 85 35 22 31 1,1,4,1 key0 key1 f,CSCHEME.Smile4,F,>, SC:f,AC:Smile4,SC:F,SC:>

Key 109 35 22 31 1,1,4,1 key0 key1 g,CSCHEME.Smile5,G,\, SC:g,AC:Smile5,SC:G,SC:\

Key 133 35 22 31 1,1,4,1 key0 key1 h,@,H,/, SC:h,SC:@,SC:H,SC:/

Key 157 35 22 31 1,1,4,1 key0 key1 j,CSCHEME.Shortcut1,J,CSCHEME.Shortcut4, SC:j,AC:Shortcut1,SC:J,AC:Shortcut4

Key 181 35 22 31 1,1,4,1 key0 key1 k,CSCHEME.Shortcut2,K,CSCHEME.Shortcut5, SC:k,AC:Shortcut2,SC:K,AC:Shortcut5

Key 205 35 22 31 1,1,4,1 key0 key1 l,CSCHEME.Shortcut3,L,CSCHEME.Shortcut6, SC:l,AC:Shortcut3,SC:L,AC:Shortcut6

I took my original and put it into the one you suppplied. my shortcuts are correct but the midlle row of keys (asdfghjkl) are slightly overlaping the top row (qwertyuiop) can someone help me. where do I specify the spacing?

edit: I used ms word to open your file and my original file. I found a few erorrs. the above file needed all the 35's turned to 44 and the 31's to 38 and the keys alligned right. there is a small typo in the shortcuts so the software didn't set them right. I need to find that one and remember where it is. But thanks for all the help. it is exactly what I want now. :excl:

Edited by taz55

Guest LuckyTan
I seem to be stuck on the FingerKeyboard. I cannot get back to Samsung keyboard or Chinese input...any help is appreciated.

I not too sure if this method could help you. Have you enable "Show Bar" under portrait and/or landscape options in the Finger Keyboard Configurator?

Steps:

Go to Programs --> Click FingerKeyboard icon to launch the Finger Keyboard Configurator.

Under the Options tab, click "Show Bar" under Portrait. In this way, you could toggle between FingerKeyboard and Samsung/others when typing in Portrait. Same method applies to Landscape.

I hope this could solve your problem.

Edited by LuckyTan

Guest maad11
I seem to be stuck on the FingerKeyboard. I cannot get back to Samsung keyboard or Chinese input...any help is appreciated.

Just press and hold the button for Keyboard hiding (see attached image) it will switch the keyboard to Samsung's one...

keytogglenormal.png

Hope this helps

Guest LuckyTan
Just press and hold the button for Keyboard hiding (see attached image) it will switch the keyboard to Samsung's one...

keytogglenormal.png

Hope this helps

Wow! I learnt something new again. Now I can hide back the bar again... Thank u maad11. :excl:

Guest Omega Ra

anyone know how to make new skins? I'd like a portrait skin with no arrows and the keys a little bigger. But I would like it made from the 2.1 version as it has the programmable shortcuts and the comma there...Oh and there seems to be no / on the keyboard or on the number layout...just \

Guest maad11
anyone know how to make new skins? I'd like a portrait skin with no arrows and the keys a little bigger. But I would like it made from the 2.1 version as it has the programmable shortcuts and the comma there...

Yes, I do...

You can check my post # 219 with a skin that is more or less something that you described.

If you would like to build your own, there is a file "doc-about-skin-new.txt" in your Finger Keyboard directory that explains everything there is to know, also a couple of my posts at the beginning of this thread do treat about skin building / modifying.

Oh and there seems to be no / on the keyboard or on the number layout...just \

Press Shift and check again

Regards

Edited by maad11

Guest maad11
Do I have to install every mod seperately, or does the complete version come with all these installed?

You have to install (apply) each mod separately yourself. Just remember that for 2.1 version, the landscapes modes from post # 1 work just fine, and the portrait ones need some tweaking or just look for the right ones on the few previous pages of this thread.

Regards

Edited by maad11

Guest ZinuNL

But why exactly was this modded? Doesn't the standard 2.1 over at XDA work great out of the box?

No offense, much respect for your work: just wondering.

Edited by ZinuNL

Guest maad11
But why exactly was this modded? Doesn't the standard 2.1 over at XDA work great out of the box?

No offense, much respect for your work: just wondering.

1. The first release of version 2.1 for Omnia had 2 bugs: wrong English layout and a missing Polish letter. I corrected them, posted it here and in the xda thread. The developers noted it and used my mods to correct the original cab. So, if you want to download the cab from this thread, you have to use at least the correcting mod for English layout (from post # 193), and if you download the cab from the xda - my corrected layouts are already included - so it works just fine.

2. The remaining mods - which you can find in posts #1, #219 and others, change the layouts - they give you bigger keys, different layouts, etc - so, using of the keyboard might be (or not) more comfortable, it is strictly subjective.

Hope it is clear now :excl:

Regards

Edited by maad11

Guest shinaipt99

any way to add Portuguese Dictionary? It would be great... letters like "ç", "é", "à", "ó", "ã" are much of use for us portuguese... is there any way to put these letters on top? like "Ç" on top of "C", "É" on top of "E"...

thanks and keep up the excellent work!

Edited by shinaipt99

• 2 weeks later...