FingerKeyboard 2

Guest maad11

Guest maad11
I have a weird problem... my keyboard (mod VII) in portrait mode is TOO LOW. The space bar, number bar, enter key get cut off the middle of the bottom bar. I can type them, but they are very close to the bar. Is there a reason why???

Have you installed mods V or VI before? If yes, you may have the "old" file - "skin-02-wqvga-port-00-types.txt". In this file the general height of the keyboard is set, and in the mods V and VI it was set to be lower.

Try download the mod VII archive again and overwrite only the above "types" file.

You can also check it on your own.

Open the "skin-02-wqvga-port-00-types.txt" file an check, the beginning should look like this:

ResolutionBegin 240 400

Size 240 182

Taskbar CSCHEME.TaskbarSize

SelectedOffset CSCHEME.SelectedOffset

ChildWnd 1

The important part is the size: 240 182

Also, in the "skin-02-wqvga-port-01-eng.txt" the beginning should look like this

ResolutionBegin 240 400

LayoutBegin eng

DisplayName EN

Fill 0 0 240 199 CSCHEME.BgColor

Hope this helps.

Edited by maad11

Guest Hanusch

I have On my Omnia this vers.

CAB HERE, FOR RAPID USERS :

http://rapidshare.com/files/204448125/FingerKeyb-2.0-WVGA.cab

no pass

many basic skins , only English ...

IF YOU HAVE CZECH FINGER KEYBORD2 .... BIG THX

PS: sorry my english

Edited by Hanusch

Guest ciscokidinsf
Have you installed mods V or VI before? If yes, you may have the "old" file - "skin-02-wqvga-port-00-types.txt". In this file the general height of the keyboard is set, and in the mods V and VI it was set to b

Thank you maad! That fixed it. This keyboard is awesome, better than spb keyboard for the omnia!!

Guest sid0101
Everytime I add mod7, the keyboard config crashes, and the changes do not take effect :(

Post 31 addresses this problem. It's probably not the BEST solution, but the only one that I have found that works.

Guest durag5
" An Expected error has occurred in FngKbdConfig.exe

Select quit and then restart this program, or select details for more information."

Thats the error when I try to press the finger keyboard in program files...

Any help..?

TIA

This happens because the files are named wrong. Dont use the "types" file and rename the digits and "eng" replacing all the "_" with "-". So in conclusion only use 2 of the 3 files and you will need to rename them.

Guest Adrynalyne
Post 31 addresses this problem. It's probably not the BEST solution, but the only one that I have found that works.

Indeed. That worked :(

Guest Adrynalyne
Hey guyz here are the files of the icons that i have photoshoped. These icons I've tried them with the Mod that increases the icons to 41, so they look much better than dissorted.

You just need to rename them and take out the 2 at the end of the name of the file and just replace them on the right location and restart Fingerkeyboard, and thats it.

Let me know if u need any help or perhaps if u have somel icons :(

Thanks!

Guest l0nEr

Hey, is there any way to increase the size of the area for typing the sms.

For, example, when replying the sms, the space for the message that can be seen without scrolling is only 1-2 lines, can i increase it to 3 lines??

Thanks.

Guest maad11
This happens because the files are named wrong. Dont use the "types" file and rename the digits and "eng" replacing all the "_" with "-". So in conclusion only use 2 of the 3 files and you will need to rename them.

I checked the mod VII package, and it should be OK now. For some reason, my winrar application changed the names in the archive and replaced the "-" with the "_". I am sorry for any problems.

Regards

Edited by maad11

<br /><br /><br />

Did you open SipChanger (in Programs) and set it up first before restarting? You need to choose the correct keyboard and startup time then set and restart. I was finding that SipChange crashes with an error every time I boot, but it still sets Finger Keyboard as the default before doing so. So I disabled windows error reporting and it doesn't bug me anymore. :(

hi Jumba, is SipChanger a program you installed ? can you post the link for it?

Thanks

Edit: found it. Thanks anyway

Edited by hlay

Hey man you did for me cro portrait keyboard and it's awsome. I would ask you if you cuould made for me landscape cro with big keys and no arrows. I realy appriciate your help.

Guest Jumba
hi Jumba, is SipChanger a program you installed ? can you post the link for it? Thanks Edit: found it. Thanks anyway

Hey dude, I found a better solution. Download and install DefaultIM from here. Seems to work perfectly on my Omnia.

Guest maad11
Hey dude, I found a better solution. Download and install DefaultIM from here. Seems to work perfectly on my Omnia.

Works excellent on mine as well. Thanks for the hint.

Guest maad11
Hey man you did for me cro portrait keyboard and it's awsome. I would ask you if you cuould made for me landscape cro with big keys and no arrows. I realy appriciate your help.

I have a question...

In your Croatian layout you have some special characters that are placed on additional keys.

When I look at your layout and compare it to regular English qwerty you have extra keys for:

š, đ, ž, č, ć

Now, would you rather have in landscape layout?:

1. Extra keys kept, resulting in smaller keys overall dimension,or

2. Get rid of the extra keys, special characters placed over corresponding characters (as we do in Polish, for example: š over s, etc.) - resulting in smaller number of the keys on the layout - keys get bigger just like on the EN layout.

Please let me know, and if I find some spare time I will try to work on it.

Regards

I have a question...

In your Croatian layout you have some special characters that are placed on additional keys.

When I look at your layout and compare it to regular English qwerty you have extra keys for:

Now, would you rather have in landscape layout?:

1. Extra keys kept, resulting in smaller keys overall dimension,or

2. Get rid of the extra keys, special characters placed over corresponding characters (as we do in Polish, for example: š over s, etc.) - resulting in smaller number of the keys on the layout - keys get bigger just like on the EN layout.

Please let me know, and if I find some spare time I will try to work on it.

Regards

If you could make first option I think that would be decent solution... I'm not sure how you ment with other solution.... s and š are difrent keys like c and č and ć they can't be replaced with each other....

Guest sid0101
I added Mod 2 and Mod 7 to the original installer, as well as keoni69's graphics mods to the Glossy skin.

Now it installs with it enabled right off the bat.

Nice stuff - should probably change the original name though?

Guest ronaldb3

Great job.

I've read through this whole thread and did not see my question.

This must be dumb - but how do you get to the little numbers on the top row of the alpha keyboard?

Thanks... Ron...

Guest sid0101
Great job.

I've read through this whole thread and did not see my question.

This must be dumb - but how do you get to the little numbers on the top row of the alpha keyboard?

Thanks... Ron...

Press and hold. This goes for the numbers as well as the other "little" numbers and keys.