FingerKeyboard 2

Guest maad11

Guest maad11
If you could make first option I think that would be decent solution... I'm not sure how you ment with other solution.... s and š are difrent keys like c and č and ć they can't be replaced with each other....

I have no knowledge of Croatian whatsoever, that is why I asked - because we have some kind of similar situation in Polish. We have 9 special characters and to save space we put the on "regular" keys. I know it might sound confusing, but let me give you an example...

Our special character "ś" is placed on the "s" key - so if you press you get "s" but if you hold - you will get "ś".

So, in your case I had this idea that maybe you guys do the same in order to limit the total number of keys. You could place your "š" over s, your "č" over c and "č" over x maybe... ?

Regards

Guest ronaldb3
Press and hold. This goes for the numbers as well as the other "little" numbers and keys.

Thanks. I tried that in a Word doc but it did not work.

Now that is working in Word and Notes.

Another Omnia mystery....

Thanks again,

Ron...

Guest mephisto75
hi when i try to do mod no. 4 when i reset i only get the letters Q W any ideas?

you saved the text file as ascii. you should save as utf8

Guest CPimentel

Hi guys,

I've found some keys don't work on CorePlayer.

Go to Youtube 'view' keys 4 5 6 are not working in numer pad and letter pad too.

Tks,

Cris

EDIT: with the default samsung keyboard the keys work fine

Edited by CPimentel

Guest a_dummy

This keyboard works with Google Maps!

I installed the latest version of GM (3.0.0.12) without thinking, and the default Samsung Keyboard did not work with it. I installed this keyboard, and it works just fine. Great find, great mods, thank you!!!!!!!!

I have no knowledge of Croatian whatsoever, that is why I asked - because we have some kind of similar situation in Polish. We have 9 special characters and to save space we put the on "regular" keys. I know it might sound confusing, but let me give you an example...

Our special character "ś" is placed on the "s" key - so if you press you get "s" but if you hold - you will get "ś".

So, in your case I had this idea that maybe you guys do the same in order to limit the total number of keys. You could place your "š" over s, your "č" over c and "č" over x maybe... ?

Regards

Oh now I undrestund... That's great idea... It would be superb solution. If you could made like that... Tnx man you are helped me so much. It's much easier to write on FingerKeyboard 2 then on Samsung original kyb.

Guest steff195

I also agree this is a finger friendly keyboard, not only better than the standard one, but also better than all the keyboards I've tried.

In addition to all the great mods, could you make a mod with larger buttons (horizontally) in portrait mode, just a little bit wider buttons would make this keyboard even more finger friendly. :(

Thanks anyway for the great job done already. B)

Edited by steff195

Guest shadowsjc

nice prog. currently using it on my omnia 910, along with mods 2, 4, 6, 10. i only sorta miss the vibration feedback, so i may have to try out that touchback prog as well.

Guest mephisto75
sorry to sound like a noob but how do i do that?

Open the text file with notpad and chose 'Save As...' In the opend dialog you should be able to chose between ANSI and UNICODE and UTF-8

cheers

Guest maad11
Oh now I undrestund... That's great idea... It would be superb solution.

Check the attached file, an let me know how it is working out for you.

You get special characters after holding: s,d,z,x,c keys.

Before applying the file, change the file name - change the "_" to "-" - for some reason during uploading the name gets changed... the file name should look like this: skin-02-wqvga-land-04-cro.txt

Regards

skin_02_wqvga_land_04_cro.txt

Edited by maad11

Guest bouboule

It seems to be wonderful BUT ... i install the cab then reset.

then when i choose Fingerkeyboard as default ... it freeze with "error" message at the place of the keyboard ! B)

What to do please ?

I use the last ROM from Taril

Edited by bouboule

Guest pepech
It seems to be wonderful BUT ... i install the cab then reset.

then when i choose Fingerkeyboard as default ... it freeze with "error" message at the place of the keyboard ! B)

What to do please ?

Same error for me ; I' m using an own custom Rom based on DXIA5 , with M2D ; I' ve tried to disable TFlo , reenable it : in both cases , I have the same error

Guest DM17R1Y

Thanks maad11, this is best keyboard i have seen. and it's free! i have paid for spb one...but this one is better by a mile...

i would love to donate some cash via paypal for such work. do developers have website or summit ?

thanks for the post again! software like this makes me enjoy my omnia more and more

Guest SuzukiDan

Hi,

I followed the instructions, downloaded and installed the .cab, downloaded mod4 and mod5 rar files, unrar'd them on my laptop (since my omnia cannot read .rar), sent them to my own email, downloaded them onto my omnia and placed them in the skins folder, overwriting the existing files. All keyboards from FingerKeyboard will load, however all the black skins look wrong, the fonts are too large like you showed in your "before" pics, before you applied your mods. I'm not sure what I did wrong. Any ideas?