FingerKeyboard 2

Guest maad11

Guest shinaipt99
sshot003a.jpglandscape-1.jpg

attached are the skin files.

Hi Omega Ra...! Great job but its not working on my phone... when i go to options i get an error... do you know what's wrong?

Also, can you add portuguese dictionary?

Abraço

• 4 weeks later...
Guest fclifton

Is there any way to make FingerKeyboard the default input after a soft reset? I tried setting it using SKTools, but it still does not come up as the default.

Guest jbrittmartin

once i replaced the file it was renamed with _'s in the filename instead of -'s.

go in and change the filename.... changing all the _'s to -'s.

then it worked great and i LOVE the bigger keys.

Hi Omega Ra...! Great job but its not working on my phone... when i go to options i get an error... do you know what's wrong?

Also, can you add portuguese dictionary?

Abraço

Guest spaghetina

Is there any way to change the position of the apostrophe from the long press of the "b", to the long press of the comma button??

I have tried, again and again, to figure out how to swap the two, but it always results in that button disappearing altogether, or screwing up the layout. As it stands, the apostrophe above the "b" makes no sense whatsoever, and I use commas and apostrophes all the time. I almost never use semi-colons, and that's what's above the comma, currently.

If anyone can modify the layout without the arrows, to include the comma/apostrophe, and "b"/semi-colon change, I would be forever grateful. I know I'm not the only one looking for this mod either. I asked over on xda, but nobody seemed to have a solution. <_<

Also, is there any way to make the long keypress/alternate character font size bigger? I love the larger keys of Omega's skin, but with the increase in button size, it'd be nice to be able to see the alternate text better also, since as it is, it's so tiny that it's almost illegible.

Edited by spaghetina

Guest momok

its actually not too hard if u try to figure out urself.

Try to use Total Commander Explorer for this as the editing with the program will retain the indentations of the file so you can find the line you wish to change easily.

Go to My Device\Program Files\FingerKeyb\Skins

Use Total Commander to edit "skin-02-wqvga-port-01-eng.txt"

port refers to portrait, while land refers to landscape. 'eng' naturally refers to the language =)

If I'm not wrong, the mod replaces this file directly so you can just refer to this file directly.

I would strongly recommend you make a backup of your file before you start your editing, especially if its the first time you are doing something like this. (To do that simply create a copy of the file and rename the extension from .txt to .bak so you know which is the backup)

As you scroll down you will see each line going something like this:

Key <random string of numbers> key0 key1 q,1,Q,#

the example I used was for the letter 'q'. in 1st page it shows small q, and press and hold gives 1. pressing shift gives you capital Q, while press and hold gives the #.

Search for the particular line for the letters u want to swop and do the editing accordingly.

Hope it helps

Edited by momok

Guest spaghetina
its actually not too hard if u try to figure out urself.

Try to use Total Commander Explorer for this as the editing with the program will retain the indentations of the file so you can find the line you wish to change easily.

Go to My Device\Program Files\FingerKeyb\Skins

Use Total Commander to edit "skin-02-wqvga-port-01-eng.txt"

port refers to portrait, while land refers to landscape. 'eng' naturally refers to the language =)

If I'm not wrong, the mod replaces this file directly so you can just refer to this file directly.

I would strongly recommend you make a backup of your file before you start your editing, especially if its the first time you are doing something like this. (To do that simply create a copy of the file and rename the extension from .txt to .bak so you know which is the backup)

As you scroll down you will see each line going something like this:

Key <random string of numbers> key0 key1 q,1,Q,#

the example I used was for the letter 'q'. in 1st page it shows small q, and press and hold gives 1. pressing shift gives you capital Q, while press and hold gives the #.

Search for the particular line for the letters u want to swop and do the editing accordingly.

Hope it helps

Thanks for the reply, but I know and have done what you've outlined already. I've looked at the file over and over again. If it were another random letter key, it probably wouldn't be an issue, however, there's a different action assigned to the apostrophe that causes it to completely screw everything up when changed or edited, and it's not coded like a regular letter key. I know the exact lines that need to be changed, I just don't know what to change them to because they're not quite like your "q" example.

Please, if someone knows how to do it, can you tell me the 2 lines of code that need to be entered? I don't need you to rewrite the whole skin, I just need 2 lines.

I understand the PRINCIPLE of swapping the characters, but actually swapping them isn't working for me, changing the code isn't working, and is only succeeding in making things disappear or arrange themselves oddly.

Guest maad11
Please, if someone knows how to do it, can you tell me the 2 lines of code that need to be entered? I don't need you to rewrite the whole skin, I just need 2 lines.

Send me - attach to the post your layout - the one that you want to be changed and I see what I can do.

Edit: I assume that you are using the OmegaRa layout, if yes - please download attached txt file. The apostrophe is over comma and semicolon over b key. Overwrite it to your Program Files/FingerKeyb/Skins directory, just make sure that the file's name is with "-" and not with "_" and restart the keyboard.

As you can see it is working in my case:

screen04s.png

Also,

Also, is there any way to make the long keypress/alternate character font size bigger? I love the larger keys of Omega's skin, but with the increase in button size, it'd be nice to be able to see the alternate text better also, since as it is, it's so tiny that it's almost illegible.

In the skins directory find the scheme file for your skin, for example: for Black-Red - it is "skin-00-sheme-BlackRed.txt". Copy it to your PC, open with a notepad and locate this line:

CScheme FontHold			b3b3b3 Tahoma 10 700

the number "10" is responsible for the font size, change it to whatever suits you best, save it, overwrite and enjoy.

Hope this helps.

Regards

skin_02_wqvga_port_01_eng.txt

Edited by maad11

Guest spaghetina
Send me - attach to the post your layout - the one that you want to be changed and I see what I can do.

Edit: I assume that you are using the OmegaRa layout, if yes - please download attached txt file. The apostrophe is over comma and semicolon over b key. Overwrite it to your Program Files/FingerKeyb/Skins directory, just make sure that the file's name is with "-" and not with "_" and restart the keyboard.

As you can see it is working in my case:

screen04s.png

Also,

In the skins directory find the scheme file for your skin, for example: for Black-Red - it is "skin-00-sheme-BlackRed.txt". Copy it to your PC, open with a notepad and locate this line:

CScheme FontHold			b3b3b3 Tahoma 10 700

the number "10" is responsible for the font size, change it to whatever suits you best, save it, overwrite and enjoy.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Oh maad11! You've done it! <_< That's absolutely perfect, and yes, I was/am using Omega's skin. I see that you had to change the commands from action.shift to something else in order to get it to work, along with the TEXTcomma, and that's the part that I never would have gotten! Perfect, perfect, perfect!

If I make the same modifications to the landscape file, it should yield the same results, yes? Or would you happen to have an already completed landscape skin laying around?

Either way, THANK YOU!! You've just made my day.

Guest fclifton
screen04s.png

Is it possible to modify this skin so that the space bar is shorter making room for character back and character forward keys?

Guest maad11
Oh maad11! You've done it! <_< That's absolutely perfect, and yes, I was/am using Omega's skin. ...

If I make the same modifications to the landscape file, it should yield the same results, yes? Or would you happen to have an already completed landscape skin laying around?

Either way, THANK YOU!! You've just made my day.

You're welcome :-)

As for landscape (the OmegaRa's layout) - as far as I can see there is no dedicated key for comma - so where the apostrophe would go?

Regards

Guest maad11
Is it possible to modify this skin so that the space bar is shorter making room for character back and character forward keys?

I am not sure what you mean by "character back and character forward keys"?, but anyway it is OmegaRa's layout and I do not feel comfortable with playing with his work...

You can try my portrait layout (post #219), maybe this one would be OK?

Regards

Guest joža

can anybody make keys bigger on this keyboard? i have big thumbs but i really like this keyboard. or can anyone make layout like this attached. with long touch numbers and space on normal keys?

pleaseee?! <_<

Guest joža

can anybody make keys bigger on this keyboard? i have big thumbs but i really like this keyboard. or can anyone make layout like this attached. with long touch numbers and space on normal keys?

pleaseee?! <_<

post-471552-1243532977_thumb.png

Guest fclifton
I am not sure what you mean by "character back and character forward keys"?, but anyway it is OmegaRa's layout and I do not feel comfortable with playing with his work...

You can try my portrait layout (post #219), maybe this one would be OK?

On the BlackIce layout, which has 5 rows, the bottom row has keys with up-arrow, down-arrow, left-arrow, right-arrow. I would like to shrink the size of the space key and add those left-arrow, right-arrow keys. I can look at your layout, but I haven't done any skin mods, and so am not sure how to shrink the space key, or add keys. Once I know how to do that I think I can figure out where to put them.

Guest spaghetina
How do i make the clicking noise to stop when im typing? its very annoying!

Make sure FingerKeyboard is your default SIP, then go to settings, input, options, and one of the options is what sound you'd like for it to play on each keypress. Choose "none", and save the changes, and you should be good to go.

Or, you can change it to any of the included sounds, all of which have loud and quiet options. I've found that the little bit of noise along with the vibration feedback really helps me to get a more pleasant "typing" experience, but some of the sounds are definitely more obnoxious than others.

Edited by spaghetina

Guest Itlooksfast

I dont think I have that option...im using Fingerkeyboard 2.0. I only the MAIN option with all the languages...the HTC xT9 option...and ABOUT thats it. So what else can I do?

Make sure FingerKeyboard is your default SIP, then go to settings, input, options, and one of the options is what sound you'd like for it to play on each keypress. Choose "none", and save the changes, and you should be good to go.

Or, you can change it to any of the included sounds, all of which have loud and quiet options. I've found that the little bit of noise along with the vibration feedback really helps me to get a more pleasant "typing" experience, but some of the sounds are definitely more obnoxious than others.

Guest maad11
I dont think I have that option...im using Fingerkeyboard 2.0. I only the MAIN option with all the languages...the HTC xT9 option...and ABOUT thats it. So what else can I do?

For version 2.0 - it has been discussed several times in this thread already (just read a little) - check post #11 on the first page of this thread.

Regards

Guest ryangaus

Dont know if you can help, but i have downloaded the files, ran the install, everything seems fine, but i cant get the new layout to run, i go to settings>input and select FingerKeyb in the drop down menu, select ok in the top right hand corner, but when i re-enter the input menu it has reset itself to samsung keyboard.....

Im new to the whole modifying my phone thing, any help will be good, thanks

Guest modaco@omnia

Hi Guys,

Recently I got this Omnia i900 but unable to locate finger test file which needs to be replaced in My Device> Prg files. I have even checked the hidden files.

thnks for all your help in advance.

Guest ShamelessMT

I registered here just to be able to download this tweak. Thank you maad11! Works great with my Verizon Omnia running Fingerboard2.1.

• 2 weeks later...