FingerKeyboard 2

Guest maad11

Guest maad11
been using this for a quite a while, pretty good stuff, although i love the black and red layout. but is there anyway that we can make it more readable? i meant, in the green and grey layout, when u press any key, it'll show a green colored shade on the grey keyboard, that makes it very clear to read and knowing that u r pressing the right key, especially when u try to type PIN or password....... but when u use the black and red layout, it only shows the same black color when u press keys, if we can make it to a different color such as white or yellow, wouldnt that be much better? im not good at editting, hopefully someone can give it a try? thanks

Is this what you have in mind?

bluered.png

Regards

Guest Lancez

@ maad11

again, thanks for the update...... based on ur inspiration B) i've made another color which is orange, might have better contrast ratio. u can add to first post if u want...

orange_color_keys.rar

Edited by Lancez

Guest OffGrid

Great install info! i got this installed on my i910 and its seems fine, used the mod's for larger keys and they still seem a bit small, is there a way to make the keys even larger? i used mod, 2, 4, 7, 8, 10, an 11, and i could use a bit more key space.

thanks for the great work!

hi, is there anyway i can get Words Suggestion works on Finger Keyboard?

in some ROMs, it works, and not on others ROM.

do i have to install something from HTC to make Words Suggestion works. any help would be appreciated.

Guest Omega Ra
hi, is there anyway i can get Words Suggestion works on Finger Keyboard?

in some ROMs, it works, and not on others ROM.

do i have to install something from HTC to make Words Suggestion works. any help would be appreciated.

not yet. the developer is working on it.

hi guys,

i've just found out if i installed Samsung keyboard, word suggestion won't work on Fingerkeyboard. it works again after i uninstalled SS KB.

don't know anyone got the same?

Guest ThroNiX

Damn nice app, been using it few weeks now.

Gonna try to change the codes to get new hotkeys. See if it works for me!

keep it up guys!

Guest maad11
@ maad11

again, thanks for the update...... based on ur inspiration B) i've made another color which is orange, might have better contrast ratio. u can add to first post if u want...

Nice work :-)

I have included it in the first post.

Regards

Guest Lancez
Nice work :-)

I have included it in the first post.

Regards

thank u for brought us a wonderful app, i wouldnt even know that if it was'nt u.

the 2.1 version is out and i just tried it out, but it is not working on my phone. all i got was the number pad, couldnt change it to text keys. have no idea how to fix that, maybe im not capable to do such thing? B)

anyway, i wish u could look into it and post ur thoughts and how to fix it? thanks in advance

FingerKeyb_2.1_WQVGA.cab

Guest maad11

I have just installed the 2.1 version and it is working...

Here is what I did

1. Run IM Selector (or other sip selection application like SIPchange) and select one of the default keyboards (Samsung).

2. Uninstalled Finger Keyboard via Settings / Remove Programs

3. Soft Reset

4. Manually delete the remaining "FingerKeyb" folder

5. Install the 2.1 version from cab file.

The new version has some nice new features:

- haptic feedback

- possibility to turn on/off the click sound - quite a few sounds to choose from

- new skins (not my type though)

- possibility to hide/show the bottom windows bar both in portrait and landscape

- easy modifying some shortcuts (like:www, .com, etc) and smileys

- easy adjusting the hold time, popup time, etc

Since I am a bit short on time, I just quickly tried my skins (mods), the landscapes seems to work OK, the portrait not so much - will have to be corrected.

Regards

Guest Lancez

thanks for ur time and giude, i'll give it another shot.......... B)

one more thing, how did u get text keys showed up in protrait mode? it seems i cant switch to text keys from number keys.

thanks

Edited by Lancez

Guest maad11
thanks for ur time and giude, i'll give it another shot.......... :(

one more thing, how did u get text keys showed up in protrait mode? it seems i cant switch to text keys from number keys.

thanks

I figured it out, why you have problems with it ... B)

Probably by mistake, they included the English layout for WVGA and not for WQVGA...

I quickly fixed it, so install the Finger Keyboard 2.1, download the attached file and overwrite it to the Skins directory, should be fine now.

Please remember to change the file name to "skin-02-wqvga-port-01-eng.txt" - replace the "_" with "-", for some reason it changes itself during the upload...

Hope this helps

skin_02_wqvga_port_01_eng.txt

Edited by maad11

Guest Lancez
I figured it out, why you have problems with it ... :(

Probably by mistake, they included the English layout for WVGA and not for WQVGA...

I quickly fixed it, so install the Finger Keyboard 2.1, download the attached file and overwrite it to the Skins directory, should be fine now.

Please remember to change the file name to "skin-02-wqvga-port-01-eng.txt" - replace the "_" with "-", for some reason it changes itself during the upload...

Hope this helps

thanks man! i knew u would fix it, it made me confusing in the first place....... B)

Guest maad11

After exchanging some posts with the keyboard's developers at XDA, I got the "word completion" working with Finger Keyboard.

The solution is to install the XT9 disable patch (attached cab), and turn on the winmo "word completion" in settings/input.

Please, see the example:

xt92.png

However, after installing the patch - THERE IS NO XT9 anymore available. So, it is either xt9 with Samsung's keyboards or word completion with Finger Keyboard.

The patch can be uninstalled, soft reset afterwards and you have your xt9 back again.

XT9_Disable.cab

Guest steff195

First of all I wanna thank everyone for the fine work you're doing here!

I only have one wish for this 2.1 version: I just want the keys in portrait mode to be a little bigger, like in the 7th fix, without the arrows. If I use the old patch, the letters go crazy, they are not organized in the manner they are in the 2.1. version.

...and how can I lose the text on the "space" bar? It kinda bothers me.

A little help is much appreciated! B)

Guest maad11
First of all I wanna thank everyone for the fine work you're doing here!

I only have one wish for this 2.1 version: I just want the keys in portrait mode to be a little bigger, like in the 7th fix, without the arrows. If I use the old patch, the letters go crazy, they are not organized in the manner they are in the 2.1. version.

...and how can I lose the text on the "space" bar? It kinda bothers me.

A little help is much appreciated! B)

The reason is that in the new version (2.1) in portrait mode, the keyboard is a bit smaller (more compact). If you would like to use mod 7, you have to make a very simple modification with the layout file. Open the file "skin-02-wqvga-port-01-eng.txt" and add one line

Size 240 180
as a third line, save it, overwrite and it should work. The beginning of the file should look like this:
 ResolutionBegin 240 400

LayoutBegin eng

Size 240 180

DisplayName EN

In order to loose the text on the spacebar you would have to modify the graphic files (bmp) for each skin - you can find them in the skins folders.

Hope this helps

Guest steff195

Thanks for the help, but after i made the modifications, it just moves the keyboard up a little, the arrows are still there.

In the first picture is the keyboard with no modification:

090406212733.png

and after I switch to english language (which I modified) I got this:

090406212713.png

The bmp modifying tip works well though. B)

Guest maad11
Thanks for the help, but after i made the modifications, it just moves the keyboard up a little, the arrows are still there.

I meant to add the extra text line to the layout file that is included in the mod 7, and not the original layout included in the installation (what you probably did). So, please download the mod 7 package, unpack, modify the file (add the line) and copy to the device - should work.

Hope this helps

Guest Omega Ra

I'd like to have the keys in landscape a little bigger and minus the arrows. Like the mod for version 2.0. will that mod work for 2.1?