QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest mrbig2000
Can you share your method? i tried the Vista method mentioned on my Windows 7 system which I use for ROM development and it became very unstable and crashing/resetting itself every half hour or so...

Ok, but I guess it's not even a method...

I use the Samsung vista drivers (they are x86 and x64) I got somewhere from this forum. I extract the ROMs with i900_EXEcutor and flash them with GrandPrix 1.6.4 for Vista.

It flashes the pda etc. files just right away, but when it comes to the the phone part for the first time, you need to install the drivers manually. When you aren't fast enough Grandprix will timeout, but just take your time, update the drivers for modem etc and try again. After you have updated them once, everything works like a charm from now on.

I haven't read any tutorial before, I just downloaded the drivers and any ROM, used Grandprix, installed drivers when prompted and that's it. Like with any other device too.

Because of that I had no idea why people are talking about vista methods and so on!

But I only used seven, so maybe there is a problem with vista!

Guest Stevenh

I use the Samsung vista drivers (they are x86 and x64) I got somewhere from this forum. I extract the ROMs with i900_EXEcutor and flash them with GrandPrix 1.6.4 for Vista.

It flashes the pda etc. files just right away, but when it comes to the the phone part for the first time, you need to install the drivers manually. When you aren't fast enough Grandprix will timeout, but just take your time, update the drivers for modem etc and try again. After you have updated them once, everything works like a charm from now on.

I haven't read any tutorial before, I just downloaded the drivers and any ROM, used Grandprix, installed drivers when prompted and that's it. Like with any other device too.

Because of that I had no idea why people are talking about vista methods and so on!

Could you post the files driver and grand prix that you used?

Thanks

Steven

Guest nscxp2005

Hi Khuanchai,

I would like M2D 20270 + BT fixed, cannot lock on waken up, no device lock problem.

Looking forward to this release.

All the best

NSCXP2005

Guest MARICE

Great work guys!!

i remember when the first wm6.5 builds for our beloved omnia i900 came out, the keyboard was f/cked up..

i installed i900_sHoKKa_XT9_Keyboards and it worked like a charm, maybe you could include these keyboards in next release?

ohh and the date in email still seems chinese.

hope i helped with this post.

Greets!

Guest Magpie2000k
Great work guys!!

i remember when the first wm6.5 builds for our beloved omnia i900 came out, the keyboard was f/cked up..

i installed i900_sHoKKa_XT9_Keyboards and it worked like a charm, maybe you could include these keyboards in next release?

Greets!

where do you get said keyboards from please

Guest gianton
Great work guys!!

Greets!

The date is in Thai... you should change regional settings to your locale.

Guest MARICE
Great work guys!!

Greets!

here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...-xt9-keyboards/

and to the poster above me (giaton)....

how do i change my regional settings B) (lol... i know.... never cant find anything in windows mobile :( )

Guest Shadowy

Pardon my ignorance and apologies for the threadjack, but should multilang be left blank? Also, is it not possible to install the drivers before running grand prix?

Edited by Shadowy

Guest sector

sorry been a bit busy. i have finished the rom everything works good except the fonts are a bit bigger lol B). i think i know where to look for it just give me some more time i will upload it for you.

Guest mrbig2000
Pardon my ignorance and apologies for the threadjack, but should multilang be left blank? Also, is it not possible to install the drivers before running grand prix?

Yeah, leave everything blank what you don't have. And I think it is not possible to install the drivers before, because somehow (I don't know nothing about it either) Grandprix changes the mode in which the phone is connected when flashing the phone part. So the other things are flashed within the mode windows doesn't need external drivers (phone is under network adapters in device manager), then grandprix changes it into another mode, in which it needs the drivers. So the phone won't show up to install the drivers before beeing restarted by grandprix!

I hope you understand my crap, it's not my mother tongue ;-)

Guest janjan2
sorry been a bit busy. i have finished the rom everything works good except the fonts are a bit bigger lol :( . i think i know where to look for it just give me some more time i will upload it for you.

okay thank you...we are waiting...

Great job our omina is getting more sweet.. B) we are not going to sleep tonight.

Edited by janjan2

Guest Shadowy
Yeah, leave everything blank what you don't have. And I think it is not possible to install the drivers before, because somehow (I don't know nothing about it either) Grandprix changes the mode in which the phone is connected when flashing the phone part. So the other things are flashed within the mode windows doesn't need external drivers (phone is under network adapters in device manager), then grandprix changes it into another mode, in which it needs the drivers. So the phone won't show up to install the drivers before beeing restarted by grandprix!

I hope you understand my crap, it's not my mother tongue ;-)

Thanks for you help, very clear. I know a lot of native English speakers who couldn't have made anything like as much sense!

Guest Lethalfriend
I havent been able to locate why the fonts are big. Would u like me to upload it anyway or i should keep searching?

screen01f.jpg

I think you should look for the cause of big font. It doesn't look cool like this. We are waiting for a fixed version so do it Sector B) I know you can do it :(

Guest janjan2

yes we are waiting sector.....

maybe we can use Advanced Configuration Tool v3.3 to change context menu size to standard 1000.

or Change system and context menu font size:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\gwe\menu\popfnt

and change the value for the "Ht" entry to "1000" decimal (from 1200)

maybe it help

Guest Cutefox
I think that I found the problem - it's the Device Lock function. If you LOCK your device, you will damage your pretty new WM 6.5 ROM build 21176 instalation :( and you have to reflash it ...

1 / 2 / 10 restarts will not fix this problem, because after the restart WM is locked automatically and you just can't UNLOCK it .. can't answer calls and etc B)

and here is my reflash #3 for today :(

Actually u dun have to reflash.. just do a hard reset by holding the green and red button while pressing the reset button.. and after that set the hold red button to end data calls only and not lock.. use s2u2 in my case to lock instead.. not a biggie.. i do find this rom has faster honeycomb scroll.. its much more usable then previous 6.5 roms.. i was using the pdaviet one and i am now using this.. quite happy to use it daily.. i even restored my backup from pdaviet v20B rom and still able to use it.. i was abit lazy to re-install everything again lol.. i didnt expect everythin to work but it does.. so i am sticking with ur rom kuanchai for the time being.. i do hope that lock thingy is fixed.. so far i have not touched the hold red button even when it is set to disconnect data calls.. i dont wannt freeze up my omnia again.. hahaha..

Guest Khuanchai
I havent been able to locate why the fonts are big. Would u like me to upload it anyway or i should keep searching?

screen01f.jpg

sector,

Do you use my SYS for this new ROM? If so, I'm sorry missing some fonts in it. You have to copy tahoma.ttf and tahomabd.ttf fonts from IA5's "baselang_0409" and "OS", and cour.ttf font from "shell". This should work. Sorry again about that.

Oh, just a bit too late cause you have already got it working! B)

Khuanchai

Note: For those who need special ROMs (for examples, IA5_M2D with BT fixed or 21176_M2D without BT fixed), I will come back on Sunday and will upload them if I have my upload space left.

Edited by Khuanchai

Guest sector

no worries bro :(. i found it out and added some more things.

if u need the cab for finger menu shout to me on pm B). it is really fast and works great.